Three Days and Three Nights

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Brother, I don't understand your attitude or your point. In my video I prove that Christ rose on the third day. I also help people understand that the Gospel writers are using Jewish time reckoning, which begins the day at twilight each day. Once we take this into account, we understand for instance, that although Jesus died on a Wednesday, he was actually buried on Thursday, which begins at twilight on Wednesday.

Now, some people might appreciate that my explanation above is confusing, because verbal descriptions of a complex subject are hard to follow. One really needs to see a picture of the calendar to visualize and understand the time references in the New Testament. Once we can see that the end of Wednesday is just an hour away from the beginning of Thursday, taking place at twilight, then the true picture begins to form.

Others may not appreciate how challenging it can be until they attempt to search out the issue for themselves. I hope that my video will help guide these folks to a clear understanding on their own, given a bit of a lesson on Jewish time reckoning and various idiomatic expressions.

If you benefit more from words rather than images, then that's okay. Each person is wired different and there is plenty of room for both a verbal and a visual explanation.

Be at peace brother. And may the Lord richly bless you.
The Bible is true. Friday to Sunday is what it says and part of a day is 1 day. The early Christians went to Synagogue on Saturday and house church on Sunday. Gradually, the Saturday was dropped and that is how it has been since resurrection day. They knew what day it was. Please do not bring the Bible into disrepute by rewriting it. Thank you.

Last edited:

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is true. Friday to Sunday is what it says and part of a day is 1 day. The early Christians went to Synagogue on Saturday and house church on Sunday. Gradually, the Saturday was dropped and that is how it has been since resurrection day. They knew what day it was. Please do not bring the Bible into disrepute by rewriting it. Thank you.
The partial days of Friday and Saturday are still two days.

Have you seen my video?

Jesus Crucified on Wednesday (repost)

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The partial days of Friday and Saturday are still two days.

Have you seen my video?

Jesus Crucified on Wednesday (repost)
I am not looking at any video that says Jesus was crucified on Wednesday. People quibble about their understanding of a single Greek or Hebrew word while others rewrite whole chapters of the Bible that other contemporary writers endorsed soon after the event. They are witnesses. I just cannot get my breath.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not looking at any video that says Jesus was crucified on Wednesday. People quibble about their understanding of a single Greek or Hebrew word while others rewrite whole chapters of the Bible that other contemporary writers endorsed soon after the event. They are witnesses. I just cannot get my breath.
What do you think about the fact that Friday and Saturday add up to two days?

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Billions of years after creation?
That is correct. The Bible, which is a history of the Jews, not other nations, begins with Adam and Eve. They were living in the Bronze Age, Cain for example was building a city wall, in the land of Nod that was already well populated. This is very late in human history. These were the Kennites and when the Bible says, Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, it is telling us they were pagan. Prior to Adam and Eve, early man lived through six ice ages that lasted thousands of years. They dwelt in caves and drew cave pictures, but it was a long time before the different nations devised alphabets and began making parchment on which to write. It was a long, long time before people farmed the land and kept cattle, like Cain and Able. Prior to that they were hunter-gatherers. The Hebrew word yome, translated as 'day' in the creation account is a homonym and can mean anything from a few hours to eternity. We are living in the seventh day, the Bible stops at day six. When each day ended, it was said to be 'good.' We do not get that with the seventh day, which as with the other days, is considerably longer than 24 of our earth hours, for which we can vouch.

Last edited:

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you stay with the Bible you will be right. I'm done.
Okay, this is what we are doing and I like the fact that you want to stick with the Bible. May I offer you a bit of information that might help you in your own studies? Names for days of the week are absent from the Bible. You won't find words like "Friday" or "Saturday" or "Sunday". Instead, what we find are words like "on the first day of the week" or, "on the Lord's day" or "on the first day of Unleavened Bread." So when we ask about the day of the week they crucified our Lord, we are attempting to understand the Bible in terms with which we are familiar.

Jesus ate the Passover with his disciples, which happened to be his final moments with them before his arrest, trial and execution. After dinner he walked with them as he prepared them for what was about to happen. Well into the night, as the men were getting tired, he took two disciples with him up the mountain to pray. When they returned, they met Judas, Roman soldiers, and the rest of the disciples. Judas betrays the Lord with a kiss. Jesus was arrested and the disciples were allowed to escape.

Jesus was taken to the son of the high priest. He was questioned, he was beaten and he was mocked. This took place all night. At daybreak, he was taken to the high priest, and once again he was questioned, beaten, and mocked. Once Jesus admitted to being the son of God, king of Israel, he was convicted of blaspheme, and taken to Pilate. He questioned Jesus and even though finding no fault with the man, sentenced him to die on a cross.

Jesus was crucified that afternoon. At around twilight, a man named Joseph took the body of Jesus and placed him in a tomb, as the women watched to see where he would bury him. These women, being highly devout, mean to prepare his body for a proper burial but unable to buy the spices because it was a High Holy day, a day on which no work could be done, they waited until the following day.

The next day, the day of preparation, the woman bought spices and made preparations to prepare his body. The process of preparing the body would need to wait, however, because the day after that was the last day of the week, a Sabbath day on which no work could be done. So the woman waited until the first day of the week. On the first day of the week, as the woman approached the tomb, they found the tomb empty. Inside the tomb an angel tells them, "he is risen just as he said. Go tell the others."

Praise the Lord.

In summary, these events witnessed two Sabbath Days, A high sabbath and a weekly sabbath. Each of these Sabbath days was preceded by a preparation day; Jesus was crucified and buried on the first preparation day. The women prepare the spices on the second preparation day. On the first day of the week, the day after the weekly sabbath, the women find an empty tomb.

Last edited:

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, this is what we are doing and I like the fact that you want to stick with the Bible. May I offer you a bit of information that might help you in your own studies? Names for days of the week are absent from the Bible. You won't find words like "Friday" or "Saturday" or "Sunday". Instead, what we find are words like "on the first day of the week" or, "on the Lord's day" or "on the first day of Unleavened Bread." So when we ask about the day of the week they crucified our Lord, we are attempting to understand the Bible in terms with which we are familiar.

Jesus ate the Passover with his disciples, which happened to be his final moments with them before his arrest, trial and execution. After dinner he walked with them as he prepared them for what was about to happen. Well into the night, as the men were getting tired, he took two disciples with him up the mountain to pray. When they returned, they met Judas, Roman soldiers, and the rest of the disciples. Judas betrays the Lord with a kiss. Jesus was arrested and the disciples were allowed to escape.

Jesus was taken to the son of the high priest. He was questioned, he was beaten and he was mocked. This took place all night. At daybreak, he was taken to the high priest, and once again he was questioned, beaten, and mocked. Once Jesus admitted to being the son of God, king of Israel, he was convicted of blaspheme, and taken to Pilate. He questioned Jesus and even though finding no fault with the man, sentenced him to die on a cross.

Jesus was crucified that afternoon. At around twilight, a man named Joseph took the body of Jesus and placed him in a tomb, as the women watched to see where he would bury him. These women, being highly devout, mean to prepare his body for a proper burial but unable to buy the spices because it was a High Holy day, a day on which no work could be done, they waited until the following day.

The next day, the day of preparation, the woman bought spices and made preparations to prepare his body. The process of preparing the body would need to wait, however, because the day after that was the last day of the week, a Sabbath day on which no work could be done. So the woman waited until the first day of the week. On the first day of the week, as the woman approached the tomb, they found the tomb empty. Inside the tomb an angel tells them, "he is risen just as he said. Go tell the others."

Praise the Lord.
Jesus rose on the first day of the week (Scripture) This is our Sunday, as it is for Jews. As I said, the early Christians gathered together on the Sunday and always have. You are not listening to me, and I am not going to put up with it. And to say Jesus was crucified on Wednesday is beyond words.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Brother, I don't understand your attitude or your point. In my video I prove that Christ rose on the third day. I also help people understand that the Gospel writers are using Jewish time reckoning, which begins the day at twilight each day. Once we take this into account, we understand for instance, that although Jesus died on a Wednesday, he was actually buried on Thursday, which begins at twilight on Wednesday.

Now, some people might appreciate that my explanation above is confusing, because verbal descriptions of a complex subject are hard to follow. One really needs to see a picture of the calendar to visualize and understand the time references in the New Testament. Once we can see that the end of Wednesday is just an hour away from the beginning of Thursday, taking place at twilight, then the true picture begins to form.

Others may not appreciate how challenging it can be until they attempt to search out the issue for themselves. I hope that my video will help guide these folks to a clear understanding on their own, given a bit of a lesson on Jewish time reckoning and various idiomatic expressions.

If you benefit more from words rather than images, then that's okay. Each person is wired different and there is plenty of room for both a verbal and a visual explanation.

Be at peace brother. And may the Lord richly bless you.

Same old bulldust story even some WCs themselves have abandoned.

A <<clear understanding>> is made impossible with the moment 'help' presents itself with anything like videos or whatever EXCEPT PURE SCRIPTURE.

Scripture, in written sequence giving chronological sequence of events, VERSE FOR VERSE, chapter by chapter, all four Gospels with NO exclusions and NO inclusions, find the exact complete and FLAWLESS story of the HISTORY which fulfilled "ALL THE SCRIPTURES CONCERNING THE CHRIST" -- here, http://biblestudents.co.za/books/Die Hart van die Evangelie - Die Laaste Lyding en Triomf van Jesus Christus.pdf
http://biblestudents.co.za/.../Die%20Hart%20van%20die...

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is correct. The Bible, which is a history of the Jews, not other nations, begins with Adam and Eve.

Um...Adam (nor Eve) were called Hebrews or Jews, Tribes of Israel, or Gentiles.
So How did you conclude the Bible is an exclusive history of ONLY Jews?

They were living in the Bronze Age,

Where is that in Scripture?

Cain for example was building a city wall

, in the land of Nod that was already well populated.

This is very late in human history. These were the Kennites and when the Bible says, Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, it is telling us they were pagan.

Where in Scripture is "Kennites"?
What does Cain going to the Land of Nod have to do with "Kennites"?

Prior to Adam and Eve, early man lived through six ice ages that lasted thousands of years.

Where is "this Beginning". (You are proclaiming) Before the Beginning of Gods Creation of man, that God proclaimed?

Who created these supposed things ... you call man, but God didn't mention?

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I do not know what has happened to your post. I clicked on reply and nothing came up.

Anyway I can see what you wrote, so I will take it from there.

In my post, in which there was a lot of information, I gave an overview, hence the mention of the Jews, who as we all know were one of the twelve tribes of Israel.

Genesis chapter 4 describes the era in which the children of Adam and Eve lived. This was a well populated well established society. Cain was scared he would be put to death for killing his brother, which speaks of a legal system that included the death penalty for murder. Verse 15 says "lest any finding him should kill him" means there were other people.

And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him. And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden. And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch. (Genesis 4:15-17 KJV)

Verse 17 tells us Cain had a wife who was not from his homeland so wasn't his mother or sister, which is a common misconception.

In that same passage we see Cain was living in the land of Nod, and he was building a city, obviously there were other people, his wife being one of them.

Verses 20-22 tell us they were making musical instruments and were working in brass and iron. Primitive man did none of this, neither could they make the fire necessary to work iron.

You asked about the Kenite tribe, about which the Jewish Encyclopedia tells us :

CAIN – ...Origin of Name. The etymology of iv. 1 is a linguistic impossibility. The name was originally that of the Kenite tribe (see 2).

CAIN - JewishEncyclopedia.com

If you want scripture there are several mentions of the Kenite people but this is particularly appropriate, seeing as Moses married a Kenite woman:

And the children of the Kenite, Moses' father in law, went up out of the city of palm trees with the children of Judah into the wilderness of Judah, which lieth in the south of Arad; and they went and dwelt among the people. (Judges 1:16 KJV)

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him. And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden. And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch. (Genesis 4:15-17 KJV)

Verse 17 tells us Cain had a wife who was not from his homeland so wasn't his mother or sister, which is a common misconception.

V-17 says nothing about his wife's homeland.
Where did you come up with that?

Post # 667
They were living in the Bronze Age, Cain for example was building a city wall, in the land of Nod that was already well populated.
Bronze is a mix of "copper and tin."
Cain's ggggg-grand son was a worker of "brass an iron."
Nothing says the land of Nod was well populated.
Cain and his wife had a son, Enoch, and then built a city, Cain called the city Enoch, no city wall mentioned, and over "generations" the population increased.", by Cain's offspring descendants.

The things you say Scripture said ...isn't there.

Prior to Adam and Eve, early man lived through six ice ages that lasted thousands of years.

Where is this other Beginning claimed by God?

Glory to God,
Taken

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
For some reason, your posts are not coming up when I reply to you, so this may be the last time we talk. The Israelites were a new nation springing up out of Abram. He was from the land of Ur that was well populated already. The Young earthers, making their calculations from Abraham's family tree, tell us the earth is ten thousand years old, when in reality the earth and the people living in it go way beyond that by millions of years. There is a time gap of billions of years, between the creation account and the brothers Cain and Able. You need to do the research yourself instead of questioning someone you clearly do not believe and probably never will. Good-day to you.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For some reason, your posts are not coming up when I reply to you, so this may be the last time we talk. The Israelites were a new nation springing up out of Abram. He was from the land of Ur that was well populated already. The Young earthers, making their calculations from Abraham's family tree, tell us the earth is ten thousand years old, when in reality the earth and the people living in it go way beyond that by millions of years. There is a time gap of billions of years, between the creation account and the brothers Cain and Able. You need to do the research yourself instead of questioning someone you clearly do not believe and probably never will. Good-day to you.

I am aware of men's theories.
What is missing is Gods Word in the Theories.
I don't agree with some of the things you have claimed Scripture says...and showed you Why, by what Scripture actually does say.
Other claims you made, I asked where that is written to be Gods Claim...
You did not provide, giving me opportunity to verify.
So yes we remain at an impasse.

Thank you and Good-day to you as well.
Glory to God,
Taken

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am aware of men's theories.
What is missing is Gods Word in the Theories.
I don't agree with some of the things you have claimed Scripture says...and showed you Why, by what Scripture actually does say.
Other claims you made, I asked where that is written to be Gods Claim...
You did not provide, giving me opportunity to verify.
So yes we remain at an impasse.

Thank you and Good-day to you as well.
Glory to God,
Taken

From God's good book I told you the word "day," yôm or yome in Hebrew, has several meanings, anything from a few hours to a day, age, continually, everlasting, perpetually, season, process of time, to a whole age. I also said, from the Bible, we are in the seventh day and like for like, previous creation days are doubtless of similar duration.

I also pointed out the land of Nod was well inhabited at the time of Cain and Able, having an established legal system with the death penalty for murder. They were also playing musical instruments and making iron tools. All this from scripture.

4892 B.C.Adam & Eve (D:Heb/70/Sam)(B:Heb/Sam Genesis 5:3)
4762 B.C. Seth born (D:Heb/70/Sam)(B:Heb/Sam Genesis 5:6) .
4657 B.C. Enosh born (D:Heb/70/Sam)(B:Heb/Sam Genesis 5:9) .
4567 B.C. Cainan (alt. Kenan) born (D:Heb/70/Sam)(B:Heb/Sam Genesis 5:12) .
4497 B.C. Mahalalel born (D:Heb/70/Sam)(B:Heb/Sam Genesis 5:15) .
4432 B.C. Jared born (D:Heb/70)(B:Heb/70 Genesis 5:18) .
4270 B.C. Enoch born (D:Heb/70/Sam)(B:Heb/Sam Genesis 5:21) .
4205 B.C. Methuselah born (D:Heb/70)(B:Heb/70 Genesis 5:25) .
4018 B.C. Lamech born (D:Heb)(B:Heb Genesis 5:28) .
3962 B.C. Adam dies. (Genesis 5:4) .
3905 B.C. Enoch is taken by God. (Genesis 5:22-23) .
3836 B.C. Noah born (D:Heb/70)(B:Heb/70/Sam Genesis 5:32) .
3334 B.C. Shem born (D:Heb/70/Sam)(B:Heb/70/Sam Genesis 5:10) .
3236 B.C. Methuselah dies (Genesis 5:26-27). Worldwide Flood begins (Genesis 7:6, 11). .
3235 B.C. Flood Ends. (Genesis 8:13-14) Post-Flood
3234 B.C. Arphaxad born (D:Heb/Sam) (B:70/Sam Genesis 11:12) .
3099 B.C. Cainan born (D:70)(B:70 Genesis 11:13 Septuagint only) - Luke 3:36 2

The Bible is not an encyclopedia, and you should not expect it to be:

"In the early years of human history, beginning with the earliest humans about two million years ago, every place in the world was in the Stone Age, and all the people in the world got their food by hunting and gathering. For a long time, there were probably only about 2000 people in the whole world. All of these people had black skin, to protect them from the sun. All of them lived in Africa, and they lived in trees or caves or temporary shelters. Almost as soon as there were people, about 1.9 million years ago, they began to make stone tools. A million years later, around 800,000 BC, people learned to use fire.

About 65,000 years ago, probably drawn by the changing climate at the end of an Ice Age, a few of these people left Africa. They probably traveled along the coast of the Arabian peninsula, down around the coast of India, and eventually in boats to Australia. These people also had black skin. These became known as the Aboroginies.

50,000 BC Cave dwellers left wild date seeds along with evidence of pine nuts, walnuts, acorns, chestnuts etc. in the Shanidar Cave located in Northern Iraq.

40,000 in East Asia wolves became the first dogs, the first tame animals.

35,000 BC Fruits, nuts, roots were being gathered for food. No cultivation.

29,000 BC Paleolithic people in Central Europe cook mammoth and other animals in cooking pits.

20,000 BC the first appearance of boats or rafts to reach North America and South America.

12,000 BC Einkorn may have been the first domesticated grain.

11,000 BC Figs trees may have been domesticated. Dried figs found in the lower Jordan Valley in Israel (2006) have been dated to about 11,400 BC. They are a variety that is sterile, so the people may have learned to cultivate new trees by planting shoots.

10,000 BC Goats were domesticated in the Near East by this time.

10,000 BC Crude forms of flatbread were being made.

10,000 BC Emmer emerged as the 2nd domesticated grain, in Egypt.

9,300 BC Evidence of systematic storage of wild grains discovered near the Dead Sea in Jordan. 1,000 to 2,000 years before cultivation of domesticated species.

9,000 BC Sheep were domesticated by this time.

8,000 BC Pigs were domesticated in China by this time.

7,000 BC Apples possibly cultivated in southwestern Asia.

6,700 BC Earliest evidence for domestication of corn (Found in Mexico, 2009)

6,500 BC Cattle were domesticated by this time.

6,000 BC Lima Beans were being cultivated in Peru.

6,000 BC Fava Beans were being used in the eastern Mediterranean region.

6,000 BC Chili peppers and squash were part of the Meso-American diet.

6,000 BC Citrus fruit ancestor (citron) may have been grown in India at this time."

So, you queried the timescale. We know from the Bible that Adam and Eve were living in 4892 B.C. while at the same time there were other people who had been living in Africa 1.9 million years before them. As I said, there is a gap between the creation account of heaven and earth and the Mosaic record of the Biblical Adam and Eve. This is proven by the fact that the people in the Land of Nod were considerably more advanced than primitive cavemen.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From God's good book I told you the word "day," yôm or yome in Hebrew, has several meanings, anything from a few hours to a day, age, continually, everlasting, perpetually, season, process of time, to a whole age. I also said, from the Bible, we are in the seventh day and like for like, previous creation days are doubtless of similar duration.

Well aware of "day" meaning in Scriptural context.

I also pointed out the land of Nod was well inhabited at the time of Cain and Able,

Out of Context-
Your claim post. # 673

In that same passage we see Cain was living in the land of Nod, and he was building a city, obviously there were other people, his wife being one of them.[/QUOTE ]

Your claim- Your interpretation- Not Scriptural

Scripture Says Cain when OUT from the presence of the LORD, to a Land called Nod.

Scripture DOES NOT say The Land of Nod, where Cain went.... WAS inhabited WHEN Cain arrived in the Land of Nod

^ THAT was Your interpretation and Claim!
You provided NO Scriptural Evidence to Support Your Claim.
I disagreed with you.
Your "supposed" Scriptural proof...
Was to REPEAT "Your" interpretation.
I still disagree with You.

They were also playing musical instruments and making iron tools. All this from scripture.
OUT of Context ^^.

You are TRYING to MAKE Cain's "DESCENDANTS", present in The Land of Nod, BEFORE Cain Had "DESCENDANTS"!

"They" was ONE 6th Generation G-son of Cain, identified Making musical instruments.
"They" was ONE 6th Generation G-son of Cain, identified Making Things out of Brass an Iron.
(You declared "A" man making things out of Brass and Iron...to BE "THE BRONZE Age."
Bronze IS "copper and tin"!)

You ... are claiming "they" were present in The Land of Nod ... When Cain Arrived IN the Land of Nod.

No...Cains Descendants WERE Not Already Born when Cain arrived in the Land of Nod!!!

Excyclopedia?

Scripture?
That's an odd thing for you to bring up and then lecture Against anyone using the Bible as if it were an Encyclopedia.

Save your lecture for a Time when someone, anyone, DOES claim they use the Bible as an Encyclopedia!
I have NOT ever seen ONE person make that claim!
So why Deflect off to an irrelevant point?

"In the early years of human history, beginning with the earliest humans about two million years ago, [/B]

(about) Two million years ago were the Earliest humans?
AND .. Is this a Reference to Adam?

This is proven by the fact that the people in the Land of Nod were considerably more advanced than primitive cavemen.

Scripture references Caves:
As:
a temporary shelter.
a place to piss.
a place to hide from the Lord.
a place to hide from enemies.
a meeting place
a place to bury dead bodies.

People have made their shelters/ homes IN caves In a primitive and convenient lifestyle for themselves...in ancient days and "millions" in these modern days have chosen to make A Cave their home.

So what? Utterly irrelevant, to a timeline of First man, whom God Declared.

Glory to God,
Taken

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well aware of "day" meaning in Scriptural context.

Out of Context-
Your claim post. # 673

The Bible tells us they were building a city in the land of Nod and I claimed there were people living there. This is why God put a mark on Cain, so they wouldn't kill him.

And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear. Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me. And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him. And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden. (Genesis 4:13-16 KJV)

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible tells us they were building a city in the land of Nod

No. the Bible says:
Cain went to Nod, mentions a wife, a son, named Enoch, and Cain builded a city.

and I claimed there were people living there.

Yes you did. Scripture didn't.

This is why God put a mark on Cain, so they wouldn't kill him.

You have rewritten Scripture with your interpretation.

Read what the Scripture SAYS in Context.
What was THEN was THEN...
You are trying to ADD what you learned WAS LATER...applied BEFORE it happened.

And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear. Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth;

Stay IN Context...
Nothing whatsoever Revealed Adam's clan had been outside of the Land of Eden.
Eden was what Cain knew and saw.
Cain only knew he was being driven out to a Land where he would not be present with the LORD.

and from thy face shall I be hid;

Self-explationary.

and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth;

Cain's Knowledge:
A Fugitive- aka Justice not Served for Killing his brother.

A Vagabond- aka a wanderer

History- Hebrew word for "wander" is Nod.

and it shall come to pass,

"Come to pass"....NOT that he steps out of Eden into The Land of Nod....and there ARE people there going to KILL him because he killed his brother...as you try to impress.

I guessing The population was FEW...like um, only four people had been mentioned when Cain went to Nod...
(Adam, Eve, Cain and Dead Abel)

that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

Acknowledging the Facts:
The only People Cain knew of was, Adam, Eve, Cain himself, and Dead Abel...

With a wild guess...I think Cain expected Adams family to Increase, and Maybe...just maybe Adams family would be told of Cains Existance, and him being Sent to Wander in The Land of Nod....
Any one of Adam's Famly...as Cain said: "come to pass", which is a passing of time...might find Cain and taken Vengeance on him.

And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him. And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden. (Genesis 4:13-16 KJV)

Well God Didn't say no one would ever kill Cain for killing his brother Abel...only that whomever...as Time "come to pass" any person intent on killing Cain For his brothers death...would Receive 7x The Vengeance .

So still at a point...nothing you have shown in Scripture, verifies what You claimed.

You have increased the population long before Scripture does.

Ya, I'm going to stick with Scripture.

Glory to God,
Taken