Three earth ages

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again:
If you want to spend your time praying that I stop believing a bunch of stuff I never believed in the first place, that's your choice. It's not like you need my permission.
Of course I don't need your permission.

But if you don't believe in Mormonism, why do you espouse it?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then the high priest of Mormonism doesn't believe in Mormonism as he has been taught it.
Jack Chick wasn't a member fo the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Rather he was a fundamentalist evangelical best known for his controversial cartoon tracts and fear/sensational based evangelical techniques. And his claims about what members fo the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are.... beyond inaccurate. Nobody believe those claims. If you want to spend your time praying that I quit believing a bunch of junk I don't actually believe, you can. I really really don't care.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jack Chick wasn't a member fo the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Rather he was a fundamentalist evangelical best known for his controversial cartoon tracts and fear/sensational based evangelical techniques. And his claims about what members fo the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are.... beyond inaccurate. Nobody believe those claims. If you want to spend your time praying that I quit believing a bunch of junk I don't actually believe, you can. I really really don't care.
I'm going to pray that you stop believing in Mormonism period; whether Jack T. Chick's claims are accurate or not.

Because J.T.C. isn't the only one who proclaims that Mormonism is a cult.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to pray that you stop believing in Mormonism period; whether Jack T. Chick's claims are accurate or not.

Because J.T.C. isn't the only one who proclaims that Mormonism is a cult.
Once again: you don't need to my permission to pray that I stop believing a bunch of junk I don't believe. If that's how you want to spend your time, go for it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've already prayed that you would stop believing in Mormonism.

If you don't really believe in it, then I am amazed at how quickly the Lord has answered my prayer...

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've already prayed that you would stop believing in Mormonism.

If you don't really believe in it, then I am amazed at how quickly the Lord has answered my prayer...
Nobody believes what those anti-cult people (Chick, Martian, White, etc) claim. Nobody ever has.
If you want to count that as a sudden huge miracle of salvation, then you can do that.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe what they claim...I don't believe in what they claim Mormonism teaches...but I believe that their claims about Mormonism are valid.

So if you don't believe in Mormonism, the Lord has already answered my prayers...

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe what they claim...I don't believe in what they claim Mormonism teaches...but I believe that their claims about Mormonism are valid.

So if you don't believe in Mormonism, the Lord has already answered my prayers...
I was referring to what they claim "Mormons" believe. Nobody actually holds those beliefs.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was referring to what they claim "Mormons" believe. Nobody actually holds those beliefs.
If you say so...

Of course, for all we know, that is just a cover so that people will be drawn to Mormonism...once baptized, social pressure will keep people in the "fold" even though the tenets of belief are exactly as these anti-cult ministers have exposed them to be.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you say so...

Of course, for all we know, that is just a cover so that people will be drawn to Mormonism...once baptized, social pressure will keep people in the "fold" even though the tenets of belief are exactly as these anti-cult ministers have exposed them to be.
If you want to keep believing that claim, you can. You can believe whatever you want.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know it.

And you can believe whatever you want...but it won't necessarily get you into heaven.
Again: I have complete faith in my Savior Jesus Christ.
(This conversation is rather pointless. Jack Chick & ilk tells you something you believe him. I believe something totally different than what Chick & ilk said, you don't care. And I don't care about you following Chick & ilk either. Both of us think the other is foolishly follow a sinner, and that we are correct.)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 11:3-4 (kjv) is a key passage for you to understand; in light of the fact that Mormonism didn't come around for another 1600 or so years after Jesus came.

I have said it to you before and I will say it again...the real faith of Christianity was once delivered to the saints (Jude 1:3).

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 11:3-4 is a key passage for you to understand; in light of the fact that Mormonism didn't come around for another 1600 or so years after Jesus came.

I have said it to you before and I will say it again...the real faith of Christianity was once delivered to the saints (Jude 1:3).
Frankly: I don't care what you believe, including all of those bunk claims about what I believe. I've stated that many times. And your lecture here is based on that false information, so it's honestly just silly.
Still going to pray for you, that you will get the right Jesus.
You keep acting like you need my permission to pray that I quit beleiving something that no one ever believed. OU don't need my permission-- spend your time however you want.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Frankly: I don't care what you believe, including all of those bunk claims about what I believe. I've stated that many times. And your lecture here is based on that false information, so it's honestly just silly.

You keep acting like you need my permission to pray that I quit beleiving something that no one ever believed. OU don't need my permission-- spend your time however you want.
I know that I don't need your permission...I'm just letting you know that I'm going to pray for you so that when the Holy Spirit convicts you of believing in and espousing a false gospel...you will know that it is Him.

Of course, you always have the option of blaspheming Him by attributing that conviction to some other kind of spirit...but then, you would be eternally condemned; even more than your current condemnation that you have for preaching a different gospel than what Paul preached in Galatians.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that I don't need your permission...I'm just letting you know that I'm going to pray for you so that when the Holy Spirit convicts you of believing in and espousing a false gospel...you will know that it is Him.

Of course, you always have the option of blaspheming Him by attributing that conviction to some other kind of spirit...but then, you would be eternally condemned; even more than your current condemnation that you have for preaching a different gospel than what Paul preached in Galatians.
This is so silly.