Three types of eunuchs according to Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matthew 19:

10 The disciples said to him, “If such is the case of a man with his wife, it is better not to marry.”
This is the context: a man marrying a woman. The disciples are thinking about the usual case: people interested in man-woman marriage by genetic personal inclination. But Jesus points out three exceptions:

11 But he said to them, “Not everyone can receive this saying, but only those to whom it is given. 12 For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth,
  1. These include homosexual, asexual, intersex, and hermaphrodite (ἑρμαφρόδιτος).
and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men,
2. People who have lost their sex drive due to physical castration.

and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let the one who is able to receive this receive it.”
3. People who voluntarily decide not to get married. Revelation 14 mentions a particular group of virgins:

1 Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads.
4 These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb. 5 No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless.
See also Humpback whales photographed having gay sex

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let the one who is able to receive this receive it.”

Group 3, I think, includes gays and lesbians (and straights) who, for the sake of following Christ, deny themselves (Luke 9:23 reference) and voluntarily accept a life of celibacy.

Knowing what my own relationship with my wife means to me, I have to respect what they've given up. "Not everyone can accept this word", Jesus says in verse 11.

Last edited:
Reactions: TonyChanYT