Time no longer.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time No Longer
10 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:
2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,
3 And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.
4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.
5 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:
7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.
8 And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.
9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
10 And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.
I keep saying it: The seventh angel has sounded.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you... The problem is God does not...

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kind of jumping the gun a bit...let's wait until Christ returns for the Church of God
Finally, some one who agrees.... Let's soak it in Tommy....

NASB Eph 1:11 also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will,

Net Eph 1:11 In Christ28 we too have been claimed as God's own possession,29(G280) since we were predestined (G4309) according to the one purpose of him who accomplishes all things according to the counsel of his will

29 tn Grk "we were appointed by lot." The notion of the verb κληρόω (klēroō) in the OT was to "appoint a portion by lot" (the more frequent cognate verb κληρονομέω [klēronomeō] meant "obtain a portion by lot"). In the passive, as here, the idea is that "we were appointed [as a portion] by lot" (BDAG 548 s.v. κληρόω 1). The words "God's own" have been supplied in the translation to clarify this sense of the verb. An alternative interpretation is that believers receive a portion as an inheritance: "In Christ we too have been appointed a portion of the inheritance." See H. W. Hoehner, Ephesians, 226-27, for discussion on this interpretive issue.

Word study

G2820

ληρόω

klēróō; contracted klērṓ, fut. klērṓsō, from klḗros (G2819), a lot. To cast lots, determine by lot, i.e., to determine something, choose someone. In Eph_1:11, it means, "in whom the lot has fallen upon us also, as foreordained thereto . . . to be" (a.t.). The idea expressed here is that Christians have become heirs of God due to the fact that God predestined them according to His purpose. In a manner of speaking, the "lot" fell to believers not by chance but solely because of the gracious and sovereign decision of God- Almighty to select them to be His heirs.

Deriv.: prosklēróō (G4345), to give or assign by lot.

Word study

G4309

προορίζω

proorízō; fut. proorísō, from pró (G4253), before, and horízō (G3724), to determine. To determine or decree beforehand (Act_4:28; Rom_8:29-30; 1Co_2:7; Eph_1:5, Eph_1:11). The peace of the Christian Church has been disrupted due to the misunderstanding which surrounds this word. It behooves the Church to consider the divinely intended meaning of this word by carefully examining the critical passages where it is used.

In 1Co_2:7 it has a thing as its obj., namely, the wisdom of God. The purpose was our glory, i.e., our benefits of salvation.

In Act_4:28 the verb is followed by the aor. inf. genésthai (gínomai [G1096], to be, become), to be done. The action of Herod and Pontius Pilate in crucifying Jesus Christ is said to have been predetermined or foreordained by the hand and will of God. This indicates that Christ's mission, especially His death and resurrection, was not ultimately the result of human will but originated in the eternal counsel of God which decreed the event determining all its primary and secondary causes, instruments, agents, and contingencies.

In Rom_8:29-30, predestination is used of God's actions in eternally decreeing both the objects and goal of His plan of salvation. Proorízō has a personal obj., the pl. relative pron. hoús, whom. This relative pron. refers to those previously mentioned as those whom God foreknew (proégnō [G4267]). The translation is, "For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate." The objects of predestination are those whom He foreknew. Predestination does not involve a predetermined plan only but also includes the individuals for whom the plan is devised. The goal of predestination is expressed in the phrase, "to be conformed to the image of his Son."

In Eph_1:5, Eph_1:11 this same purpose of foreordination is termed adoption. Adoption (huiothesía [G5206]) is the placing into sonship or legal heirship of those who are born of God. According to Eph_1:5 the basis of this prior decree is "the good pleasure of His will." The word rendered "good pleasure" is eudokía (G2107) and means pleasure or satisfaction, that which seems good. Paul is careful to add that it is the good pleasure of God's will, it is what seems good to God-not man. Similarly, in Eph_1:11 foreordination is based upon "the purpose (próthesis [G4286]) of the One who is working all things ([neut. acc. pl.] tá pánta [G3844], an idiom for the entire metaphysical and physical universe) according to the decision of His will" (a.t.). This same thinking is reflected in Rom_8:30 where foreordination is joined successively to foreknowledge. Here it is presented not as a capricious, arbitrary or whimsical exercise of raw will or unreasoned impulse, but as the expression of a deliberate and wise plan which purposes to redeem those undeserving sinners whom God freely favors as the objects of His mercy.

Because it is neither possible nor permissible for us to pry into God's secret counsel, it is not proper to be fixated with determining who the predestined are. Instead, we should contemplate the glories of what they are predestined to, i.e., salvation, adoption, or glory.

Syn.: protássō (G4384), to appoint before; procheirízō (G4400), to appoint beforehand; proetoimázō (G4282), to prepare before.

Last edited:

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NASB Eph 1:11 also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will,
universe) according to the decision of His will" (a.t.). This same thinking is reflected in Rom_8:30 where foreordination is joined successively to foreknowledge. Here it is presented not as a capricious, arbitrary or whimsical exercise of raw will or unreasoned impulse, but as the expression of a deliberate and wise plan which purposes to redeem those undeserving sinners whom God freely favors as the objects of His mercy.

Because it is neither possible nor permissible for us to pry into God's secret counsel, it is not proper to be fixated with determining who the predestined are. Instead, we should contemplate the glories of what they are predestined to, i.e., salvation, adoption, or glory.

Syn.: protássō (G4384), to appoint before; procheirízō (G4400), to appoint beforehand; proetoimázō (G4282), to prepare before.

You have no IDEA...

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
universe) according to the decision of His will" (a.t.). This same thinking is reflected in Rom_8:30 where foreordination is joined successively to foreknowledge. Here it is presented not as a capricious, arbitrary or whimsical exercise of raw will or unreasoned impulse, but as the expression of a deliberate and wise plan which purposes to redeem those undeserving sinners whom God freely favors as the objects of His mercy.

You have no IDEA...
I don't know who you are addressing, but your ideas you should speak for yourself.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know who you are addressing, but your ideas you should speak for yourself.
What ideas Scott? I quoted scripture.... So is Scripture is now speaking to you Scott? Because I said nothing... The finger of god is upon you now... Be careful.... Men hate the truth... I'm not talking about unbelievers...

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certainly, if Jesus did not go to the Father and then come (returned) to me, I would say nothing.

What say you-- Has Jesus come in to you after first going to the Father?
Joh 20:17 Jesus *said to her, "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'"

You know something we don't? Because as far as I know... Jesus has not been back on this Earth since talking to Mary in John 20:17.... Perhaps you should say nothing.... It would make you look... you know...

BTW... Jesus has a God...He just told you....

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Time No Longer
10 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:
2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,
3 And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.
4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.
5 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:
7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.
8 And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.
9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
10 And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

Hi Scott what exactly are you saying?

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certainly, if Jesus did not go to the Father and then come (returned) to me, I would say nothing.

What say you-- Has Jesus come in to you after first going to the Father?
I am assuming you are referencing the scripture from John ...but I don't know.
This simple graph of mine explains where we are today

Prophecy graph.jpg

Reactions: Marty fox

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When did the 7th angel sound Scott, please reveal your claim to the forum, we are eagerly waiting ?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What ideas Scott? I quoted scripture.... So is Scripture is now speaking to you Scott? Because I said nothing... The finger of god is upon you now... Be careful.... Men hate the truth... I'm not talking about unbelievers...
You have no IDEA...
Then perhaps you could explain who you were addressing here, and why.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joh 20:17 Jesus *said to her, "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'"

You know something we don't? Because as far as I know... Jesus has not been back on this Earth since talking to Mary in John 20:17.... Perhaps you should say nothing.... It would make you look... you know...

BTW... Jesus has a God...He just told you....
If you yourself put your own right hand in a sock and gave it a name and made it speak and it said to you "My God"--would your right hand be you...or another?

The scriptures also say that Jesus is God. Why have you not reconciled all?​

As for me knowing something many do not, yes.

Jesus "in me" I rightly count as Him returning. And yet since He said, "take, eat, this is My body" and it is written "we are His body"; and that He also said, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me"; and also that "we are the Bride", and "a man shall leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh"; and that "it is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me"--how is it that so many do not believe it to be so...just as it is written.​

All these words are one word. He has put it together. How is it that you have not?​
As for me, I not only believe what is written, but know it to be true.​

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Scott what exactly are you saying?
In times past all mankind only knew life according to their own times chronologically, as on a timeline.

But the end is written, and before the end "all truth" was promised, "knowledge shall increase", and that we shall even see God "as He is." Which is to say, when time is "no longer" (Revelation 10:6), no more shall we see "yesterday, today, and forever" separately, but "the same", just as it is with God.

And knowing this, I can say that the seventh angel of Revelation 10 has sounded.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In times past all mankind only knew life according to their own times chronologically, as on a timeline.

But the end is written, and before the end "all truth" was promised, "knowledge shall increase", and that we shall even see God "as He is." Which is to say, when time is "no longer" (Revelation 10:6), no more shall we see "yesterday, today, and forever" separately, but "the same", just as it is with God.

And knowing this, I can say that the seventh angel of Revelation 10 has sounded.
Humm sorry but I still don’t get what you’re actually saying or claiming

Reactions: rwb and WPM