Time no longer.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only heretics deny the future coming of Christ for all His people and glorify creation.

Anyway, if time is no longer, do you not use a watch or a calendar any more? You do not seem to understand the whole dynamic of time and eternity.
You have not read the scriptures correctly, nor have you heard anything different from me. I did not declare that time had ended, but that the mystery of it is "finished" at the sounding of the seventh angel which brings forth the end.

And your accusation is not unlike that of the Priests and the Pharisees.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the bible shows that the 7th trumpet is at the end of our world on the judgement day

I believe that the mystery of God was that the gentiles would be one flock with the believing Jews
I quoted the verse that says the mystery finished and the sounding of the seventh angel are regarding "time no more." Revelation 10

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time is just an illusion, Big Smiles!

Tell the bank that when they want your mortgage payment at the 1st of the month, More Big Smiles!

More mystical gobble goop not found in scripture, imagination in the mind of the poser

Jesus Is The Lord
Why the bank...is that your temple? :rolleyes:

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I quoted the verse that says the mystery finished and the sounding of the seventh angel are regarding "time no more." Revelation 10

It is talking about the end of the world. Hello! This has not arrived. It is talking about the future return of Christ. The mystery of God will only end when we shall know even as we are known. That has not occurred. Stop forcing your heresy on God's infallible Word.

Rev 10:5-7: "And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer: But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets."

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is talking about the end of the world. Hello! This has not arrived. It is talking about the future return of Christ. The mystery of God will only end when we shall know even as we are known. That has not occurred. Stop forcing your heresy on God's infallible Word.

Rev 10:5-7: "And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer: But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets."
No...it is first talking about the time of the sounding of the seventh angel...preceding the end, announcing the end of the world, meaning the end of time. That there "should be" time no longer:

shall be (151x), will be (9x), be (6x), shall have (6x), shall come to pass (4x), shall (4x), not translated (1x), miscellaneous (7x).​
Thus, the passage does indeed refer to the time of the end, but also refers to the times before, sayin "the days" of the voice of the seventh angel--after which there are no more days ("time no more"). These now are those times preceding the end during which the seventh angel sounds.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No...it is first talking about the time of the sounding of the seventh angel...preceding the end, announcing the end of the world, meaning the end of time. That there "should be" time no longer:

shall be (151x), will be (9x), be (6x), shall have (6x), shall come to pass (4x), shall (4x), not translated (1x), miscellaneous (7x).​
Thus, the passage does indeed refer to the time of the end, but also refers to the times before, sayin "the days" of the voice of the seventh angel--after which there are no more days ("time no more"). These now are those times preceding the end during which the seventh angel sounds.

When is the end?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonetheless, the mystery of God was to be "finished" and I have proclaimed it, which I could not do if not for the sounding of the seventh angel.
You have proclaimed nothing but falsehood

When The 7th Angel Sounds its the end of this world in the twinkling of an eye (The End)

Your claims are nothing more than a man speaking mythological gobble goop,, found no place in scripture

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, but I claim His return only as it is written: "but each one in his own order."
Scott you deny a future, literal, visible, second coming of Jesus Christ in the heavens as scripture clearly teaches, you are (Full Preterist) in your eschatology, considered heresy by many and I don't disagree

Reactions: Johann

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I Agree 100% a big understatement

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"When he shall begin to sound", there aren't any "Days" preceeding this as you falsely claim

The 3rd woe is the 7th Angel, it comes quickly, and has no days for self proclaimed false prophets to announce its arrival

Revelation 10:7KJV
7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Revelation 11:14-15KJV
14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.
15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you yourself put your own right hand in a sock and gave it a name and made it speak and it said to you "My God"--would your right hand be you...or another?

The scriptures also say that Jesus is God. Why have you not reconciled all?​

As for me knowing something many do not, yes.

Jesus "in me" I rightly count as Him returning. And yet since He said, "take, eat, this is My body" and it is written "we are His body"; and that He also said, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me"; and also that "we are the Bride", and "a man shall leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh"; and that "it is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me"--how is it that so many do not believe it to be so...just as it is written.​

All these words are one word. He has put it together. How is it that you have not?​
As for me, I not only believe what is written, but know it to be true.​
Scott.... I want you to understand something important... Jesus does not want you to eat His body, or His church body

Mat 13:13 "Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.

Mat 13:34 All these things Jesus spoke to the crowds in parables, and He did not speak to them without a parable....

Mar 4:11 And He was saying to them, "To you has been given the mystery of the kingdom of God, but those who are outside get everything in parables,

The fact you think Jesus spoke in a literal manner speaks volumes...

Pay attention... I'm not speaking in parables...

On the authority of Jesus himself we know that the categories of "flesh" and "spirit" are never to be confused or intermingled, though the course of God's Spirit can impact our world. Jesus said,
"That which is born of flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit" (John 3:6). And "God is Spirit." The doctrine of the incarnation and your sock confuses these categories. What God has separated man has joined together! One of the charges that the apostle Paul levels at simple man is that we have "exchange the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man" (Romans 1:23). Has it ever dawned on us as we sit in church listening to how the glorious Creator made Himself into a man that we could be guilty of this very same thing? The doctrine of the incarnation has reduced the incorruptible God to our own corruptible image. We are made in God's image, not the other way around. It would be more appropriate to put this contrast in starker terms. The defining characteristic of the Creator God is his absolute holiness. God is utterly different from and so utterly transcendent over His creation that any confusion is forbidden!

Really, Scott....

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems like a Preteristic worldview...
According to preterism, all prophecy in the Bible is really history. The preterist interpretation of Scripture regards the book of Revelation as a symbolic picture of first-century conflicts, not a description of what will occur in the end times. The term preterism comes from the Latin praeter, meaning “past.” Thus, preterism is the view that the biblical prophecies concerning the “end times” have already been fulfilled—in the past. Preterism is directly opposed to futurism, which sees the end-times prophecies as having a still-future fulfillment.

Preterism is divided into two types: full (or consistent) preterism and partial preterism. This article will confine the discussion to full preterism (or hyper-preterism, as some call it).

Preterism denies the future prophetic quality of the book of Revelation. The preterist movement essentially teaches that all the end-times prophecies of the New Testament were fulfilled in AD 70 when the Romans attacked and destroyed Jerusalem. Preterism teaches that every event normally associated with the end times—Christ’s second coming, the tribulation, the resurrection of the dead, the final judgment—has already happened. (In the case of the final judgment, it still is in the process of being fulfilled.) Jesus’ return to earth was a “spiritual” return, not a physical one.

So eschatological futuristic event already "happened and fulfilled" and I am not saying @ScottA is a Preterist, but it sure sounds like it, and there are posts, if you carefully read them espousing this view.

J.
Possibly, personally I reject preterism on all levels.

Reactions: Truth7t7

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have proclaimed nothing but falsehood

When The 7th Angel Sounds its the end of this world in the twinkling of an eye (The End)

Your claims are nothing more than a man speaking mythological gobble goop,, found no place in scripture
And you don't hear so well--I said (and the scriptures say) it is not, but is rather the times just before the end. Just as it is written, saying "about to." Revelation 10:7

Stop being so emotional, and get your fingers out of your ears.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott you deny a future, literal, visible, second coming of Jesus Christ in the heavens as scripture clearly teaches, you are (Full Preterist) in your eschatology, considered heresy by many and I don't disagree
I proclaim only what is written--and it is rather you who denies it. And you do so calling names which you do not even know the definition of, which is what false witnesses do. :(

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"When he shall begin to sound", there aren't any "Days" preceeding this as you falsely claim
You are not even understanding the english of what is written!

It says "shall begin":

Shall: (in the first person) expressing the future tense.​
Begin: start; perform or undergo the first part of (an action or activity).​

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott.... I want you to understand something important... Jesus does not want you to eat His body, or His church body

Mat 13:13 "Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.

Mat 13:34 All these things Jesus spoke to the crowds in parables, and He did not speak to them without a parable....

Mar 4:11 And He was saying to them, "To you has been given the mystery of the kingdom of God, but those who are outside get everything in parables,

The fact you think Jesus spoke in a literal manner speaks volumes...

Pay attention... I'm not speaking in parables...

On the authority of Jesus himself we know that the categories of "flesh" and "spirit" are never to be confused or intermingled, though the course of God's Spirit can impact our world. Jesus said,
"That which is born of flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit" (John 3:6). And "God is Spirit." The doctrine of the incarnation and your sock confuses these categories. What God has separated man has joined together! One of the charges that the apostle Paul levels at simple man is that we have "exchange the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man" (Romans 1:23). Has it ever dawned on us as we sit in church listening to how the glorious Creator made Himself into a man that we could be guilty of this very same thing? The doctrine of the incarnation has reduced the incorruptible God to our own corruptible image. We are made in God's image, not the other way around. It would be more appropriate to put this contrast in starker terms. The defining characteristic of the Creator God is his absolute holiness. God is utterly different from and so utterly transcendent over His creation that any confusion is forbidden!

Really, Scott....
That exhortation could mean you are either offended by or you applaud the example and exercise I gave of what a man could do to convince himself that what God has said of Himself is true: That what He created in "image" is just that, but also represents His own right hand as light shown into darkness (like a father putting a sock puppet on and speaking the words of God).

Which is it, are you offended or do you applaud?

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That exhortation could mean you are either offended by or you applaud the example and exercise I gave of what a man could do to convince himself that what God has said of Himself is true: That what He created in "image" is just that, but also represents His own right hand as light shown into darkness (like a father putting a sock puppet on and speaking the words of God).

Which is it, are you offended or do you applaud?
Easy...

On the authority of Jesus himself we know that the categories of "flesh" and "spirit" are never to be confused or intermingled, though the course of God's Spirit can impact our world. Jesus said, "That which is born of flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit" (John 3:6). And "God is Spirit." The doctrine of the incarnation confuses these categories. What God has separated man has joined together! One of the charges that the apostle Paul levels at simple man is that we have "exchange the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man" (Romans 1:23). Has it ever dawned on us as we sit in church listening to how the glorious Creator made Himself into a man that we could be guilty of this very same thing? The doctrine of the incarnation has reduced the incorruptible God to our own corruptible image. We are made in God's image, not the other way around. It would be more appropriate to put this contrast in starker terms. The defining characteristic of the Creator God is his absolute holiness. God is utterly different from and so utterly transcendent over His creation that any confusion is forbidden!

You tell me what would be offensive and what would be applauded... The other Paul knew...

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Easy...

On the authority of Jesus himself we know that the categories of "flesh" and "spirit" are never to be confused or intermingled, though the course of God's Spirit can impact our world. Jesus said, "That which is born of flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit" (John 3:6). And "God is Spirit." The doctrine of the incarnation confuses these categories. What God has separated man has joined together! One of the charges that the apostle Paul levels at simple man is that we have "exchange the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man" (Romans 1:23). Has it ever dawned on us as we sit in church listening to how the glorious Creator made Himself into a man that we could be guilty of this very same thing? The doctrine of the incarnation has reduced the incorruptible God to our own corruptible image. We are made in God's image, not the other way around. It would be more appropriate to put this contrast in starker terms. The defining characteristic of the Creator God is his absolute holiness. God is utterly different from and so utterly transcendent over His creation that any confusion is forbidden!

You tell me what would be offensive and what would be applauded... The other Paul knew...
It would appear that you are making your own other assertions.

You are repeating yourself, and you haven't answered the question as to whether or not the Son of God is God by "image" (in the form of a man, as it is written).

When and if you do, perhaps we can continue with the thread topic of "time no more."

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would appear that you are making your own other assertions.

You are repeating yourself, and you haven't answered the question as to whether or not the Son of God is God by "image" (in the form of a man, as it is written).

When and if you do, perhaps we can continue with the thread topic of "time no more."
Do you mean like Moses in Exodus 7. Where God tells Moses he will make him “God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet” (Exodus 7:1). Exo 7:1 Then the LORD said to Moses, "See, I make you as God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet. ?

Moses told you...
Many prophecies indicated that the Coming One (Jesus) would arise from the "seed," the stock of humanity, in a particular from Abrahamic and Davidic stock. The Messiah would be from the biological chain within the human family, specifically of Jewish pedigree: "The Lord your God will rise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your own countrymen [literally, brothers]; you shall listen to him" (Deut.18:15). In this passage, Moses predicts that the coming Messiah would be a person "like me," raised up from "among" the people of Israel, and that God would not speak to the people directly, because they were afraid that if God spoke without a mediator they would die (V16). The coming "prophet" would be a man of whom it is said that God would "put his word in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. And it shall come about whoever will not listen to My words which he shall speak in My name, I Myself will require it of him” (v. 18-19). To say that the Messiah is God Himself is to contradict the whole point of this prophecy. For it announces that the ultimate spokesman for God is expressly not God but a human being. The New Testament says that Jesus is the one who fulfilled this prophecy (Acts 3:22; 7:37). Understandably, no Jew who believe theses Scriptures ever imagined that the baby born in Bethlehem was going to be Jehovah himself come as a human baby.
In addition, Jehovah God says clearly that he is not a man (Numbers 23:19; Job 9:32). The converse is therefore true: if a person is a man, then he can not be God.

Does Jesus sound like this man Moses told you about?
(John 8:40) "But as it is, you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God; this Abraham did not do.

At the beginning of the Christian Church... What did Peter TEACH... Read it Scott A.... It matters as I will point out...

Act 2:1 When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place... Act 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know--

Now... For your salvation I will show you what Jesus has to say on this matter... Will you Learn or Burn ScottA?

Joh 17:3 "This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

Webster 1828 Dictionary
And
AND, conj.

And is a conjunction, connective or conjoining word. It signifies that a word or part of a sentence is to be added to what precedes. Thus, give me an apple and an orange; that is, give me an apple, add or give in addition to that, an orange. John and Peter and James rode to New York, that is, John rode to New York; add or further, Peter rode to New York; add James rode to New York.

We are not talking theology anymore ... We are talking about your future Scott... Do you really want to trust men.... Or take my advice and seek the truth... I'm trying to help you.... Read the post again and relax... there's still time...