• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
To Be born again means. :

1.) Your sins are on Christ because "God made JESUS to be sin for us, who knew no sin"..... And God's Righteousness has become yours, as you have become "the Righteousness of God in Christ"....."made Righteous".

This is : "Salvation". This is "Redemption". This is the eternal effect of the "Blood Atonement".

2.) Your SPIRIT, born again by God's Holy Spirit, now exists for eternity as "one with God, IN Christ".

Ezekiel 36 says.... "a new HEART i will give you and a new SPIRIT will I put within you.""

----------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL the born again, have been "translated from darkness TO LIGHT.""""

This means the born again spirit now exist in the Kingdom of Light, where God exists.
This is to become "In Christ" = one with Jesus..... who is "The LIGHT of the World", and you are now a "child of the LIGHT", if you are born again, and not just water baptized and religious.

See that?
That is your born again spirit, existing now as : "seated in Heavenly places, in Christ".

To understand this, is to BELIEVE IT, and once you begin to believe this truth regarding what it means to exist SPIRITUALLY "in Christ" "in God", in Heaven, you are now entering God's actual and literal perspective of you as His born again Son/Daughter of God.

Thats what He has caused you to become.

Now, what does this free you from? ?????

It frees you from THE LAW, as you, as a born again SPIRIT, who now exists as "one with God"- "in Christ'.... are now no longer under the Law.
You are "under GRACE".
Why?
Because "Jesus has redeemed you from the CURSE of the LAW".
And what is that curse?
Its to be under the dominion of the Law, instead of being "under Grace".
See.....The LAW >demands< righteousness from you that you can't produce.......while God's GRACE >provides< you with the Grace, from God, = as "the Gift of Righteousness".
See that?

Welcome to : SALVATION.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

God's "GRACE" is not just God's eternal forgiveness and Salvation... freely given through the Cross of Christ....its also where the born again EXIST., being : "translated FROM..... darkness".

Darkness, is :

1.) Being separated from God, because of unforgiven Sin (not born again).
2.) "Having your understanding DARKENED"...= Deception....being deceived.

So, being born again, is Literally to be rescued from the Law, and from Spiritual Darkness and from mind blindness, as Satan blinds the mind from Truth and LIGHT.
This power of Darkness is Satan's power, its His kingdom., and to be born again, is to be freed from it by God.
It is to enter God's dominion, which is Grace, = which is the Kingdom of Light.
You enter it only by being BORN AGAIN = INTO IT....having become "one with God",..."In Christ".
Your Born again Spirit, now exists where they are.....and that is your Eternal life and your Redemption.
That is : Salvation and Resurrection..
Jesus is both Eternal Life and THE Resurrection, and He is IN YOU, and you are "In Christ".. therefore you have Eternal Life and The Resurrection IN YOU.
"Christ IN YOU< the hope of Glory"... .(Glory is Heaven).

Now, you read what i taught, but did you SEE IT. ???

Do you SEE IT.?
Can you SEE that to be born again, is to become something Holy and Spiritual and to exist Spiritually : AS LITERALLY and forever one with God, in Christ.

And because this is the eternal reality regarding the born again Spirit.....You, if you are born again, and not just water baptized and religious... will one day get a NEW CELESTIAL BODY that is created by God = for who you have become, as your current body is not made for it. Your current body is "dead because of sin" and is going into a hole in the ground or into a very hot oven.
You'll get a NEW ONE....... = Thank you Jesus.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are born again, and not just water baptized and religious....then you have been "made alive unto God".... and your sin is on Jesus on the Cross, and God's eternal life is now your eternal Life. Romans 6:11.

Reader.....Do you SEE the renewed mind i have shown you, regarding what it means to have become a "new Creation IN Christ"?

This is not a "saved sinner".
This is a born again Saint, who is JOINED TO GOD, Spiritually.
Now.....i have shown you the right mind you are to exist in, always, daily,.... constantly., as this is the renewed mind.

And that other mind.....the carnal mind....that tries to make you pretend to strive to try to be good......is not the right mind.
Faking trying to be like some theatrical idea you have of Jesus, is not Christianity.
That is the mind of carnality, as that is performing an act.
It's acting. It's faking.... and it has no spiritual power which is why you are confessing sin, and repeating it.
That behavior is an ACT of the flesh, of the carnal mind... that is not connected to "the life i live, i now live by the power of God"......as Paul explains.

The right mind , the mind of Christ, is to understand who you have BECOME as born again, as a "New Creation" "in Christ"... and to walk in THAT understanding, as that is REAL FAITH, = is how you "work out your Salvation".
See that? That is REAL DISCIPLESHIP. That is the spirituality you are to walk "in the Spirit".
And when you truly understand what im showing you, and you begin to daily discipline your mind to only see yourself in that LIGHT< that "renewed mind".... you are now "walking in the Spirit" and your real faith and your real discipleship has begun.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Now...

If you are reading this post, then you read the Thread.
IN the Thread i pointed out, strictly, that real discipleship and real Christianity, is not about us trying to create some behavior attempt that is our idea of how we think Christ behaved.
See that?
Most believers are stuck in trying to be some perception (some ACT) of what they think it means to try to imitate Jesus.
And that is not real Christianity.

Christianity is to become free from sin, and one with God, "made righteous"....so that God now lives out His Grace through you.

Christianity is not you struggling to try to be good, hoping that if you try hard enough all the way to the grave, God might accept you.
Not at all., as that is RELIGION....
Christianity, is you becoming a born again part of God, spiritually, and God as Christ in you, living out through you = His Grace.

See that?
That is God and Christ living through you, their Grace, and that is not you trying to behave like you THINK God would have you behave.
As when you do that, you have shut off God and Christ, and are pursuing your own idea of Christianity as self righteousness.

Here is the beautiful mystery.....
God supplies your Christianity and all you do, is exist in it.
ITS A GIFT.
See that?
To understand that.. is to REST in God......to REST in God's Grace.

This : Hebrews 13:9

And, Once you start to do that, then your flesh will weaken, and your carnal behavior will fade and fade and fade.

To REST in God.......to REST in God's Grace.....is where you find real faith and real power to live a perfected discipleship.

If you study Paul, and you should all the time.....Paul tells you that its Christ in Him that is the Power, that is the deliverance, that is the inspiration, that is the REVELATION.... that is the real WALK of Faith.

You can have the same, but you have to stop trying to be religious and start resting in God's Grace that is your Eternal Salvation.

360watt

Jun 6, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Now...

If you are reading this post, then you read the Thread.
IN the Thread i pointed out, strictly, that real discipleship and real Christianity, is not about us trying to create some behavior attempt that is our idea of how we think Christ behaved.
See that?
Most believers are stuck in trying to be some perception (some ACT) of what they think it means to try to imitate Jesus.
And that is not real Christianity.

Christianity is to become free from sin, and one with God, "made righteous"....so that God now lives out His Grace through you.

Christianity is not you struggling to try to be good, hoping that if you try hard enough all the way to the grave, God might accept you.
Not at all., as that is RELIGION....
Christianity, is you becoming a born again part of God, spiritually, and God as Christ in you, living out through you = His Grace.

See that?
That is God and Christ living through you, their Grace, and that is not you trying to behave like you THINK God would have you behave.
As when you do that, you have shut off God and Christ, and are pursuing your own idea of Christianity as self righteousness.

Here is the beautiful mystery.....
God supplies your Christianity and all you do, is exist in it.
ITS A GIFT.
See that?
To understand that.. is to REST in God......to REST in God's Grace.

This : Hebrews 13:9

And, Once you start to do that, then your flesh will weaken, and your carnal behavior will fade and fade and fade.

To REST in God.......to REST in God's Grace.....is where you find real faith and real power to live a perfected discipleship.

If you study Paul, and you should all the time.....Paul tells you that its Christ in Him that is the Power, that is the deliverance, that is the inspiration, that is the REVELATION.... that is the real WALK of Faith.

You can have the same, but you have to stop trying to be religious and start resting in God's Grace that is your Eternal Salvation.

I agree with almost completely.. but query the statement something like salvation isn't a sinner getting saved but a Saint believing. I don't get you on this bit.

Faithful believers are called saints.. but they also sin like every human being. They are in fact still sinners. They can sin less by the Holy Spirit's power.. but cannot be sinless. Not by their behavior. Only in the fact that the saved spirit of a believer does not sin.

So I would like clarification here Behold. Thanks

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I agree with almost completely.. but query the statement something like salvation isn't a sinner getting saved but a Saint believing. I don't get you on this bit.

Faithful believers are called saints.. but they also sin like every human being. They are in fact still sinners. They can sin less by the Holy Spirit's power.. but cannot be sinless. Not by their behavior. Only in the fact that the saved spirit of a believer does not sin.

Thank you for reading my Thread.

So,

The born again Spirit, is in Christ, One with God.
There is no sin found there, and that is why the NT says this "new Creation" is "made righteous".
And 1 John 3:9, says you dont sin.

But then.

Paul says this......"your old man is crucified with Christ" and to "reckon it dead".
Because it is.....as that is what crucifixion does, its KILLS YOU>.

So, when a believer, born again, has a sinning issue, or what they believe is this, tho its not that, as the born again are "not under the Law">... its because they are not living according to "the old man is crucified" as their renewed mind.

They are resurrecting their flesh, by not understanding who they have become in Christ.
And.. by not working out their salvation, which is to renew your mind out of the "im a sinner", "i have to sin", mindset....that is carnal, they stay stuck in sin consciousness <..
See that ?
The law and the commandments can't deliver you from that, but the Blood Atonement, did....

So, how can the old dead man keep you in the wrong mind?
Its because you are allowing him, the flesh" to control your faith.
You have broken faith.

Here is how right faith sounds.

Paul teaches....."i can do all things through Christ, which strengthens me"......so, is "all things"......"sinning"?
No its not.

Here is how real faith sounds.

"Christ ALWAYS gives me the victory".,,, Paul teaches.

So, does that sound like...>"im sinning and will continue"?

No.

Paul said, teaches, that the renewed mind, which is real faith, which is to have "worked out your salvation", produces, victory over the flesh, the world, the devil.

There is a reason that God never refers to the born again as a sinner or a saved sinner.
The born again are.... "As CHRIST is.....so are the born again, in this world"..
Is that a "sometimes i sin"?. situation?

No. ,unless your mind is not renewed and your faith is wrong, because of it.

The first thing you have to do, is understand that faith can be a curse to you.

Let me show you what i mean...
Jesus told you that as you believe in your heart, as you believe, you will. have it.

So, if you are this person..

"my mama got cancer, and i believe i will get it also". 'My brother did".

See that?
That person just spoke their FAITH, and Faith will provide what you believe.

"Nobody in my family lives to be very old".

See that?

That is their FAITH< and they just spoke it, and Jesus said.......you'l have what you believe... oh ye grain of mustard seed.

Are you following me?
Now lets look at your words...360WATT
You just told us that you BELIEVE you will sin, and remain a sinner.....so, that is your FAITH, and that is the wrong mind.
You have believed that you will remain a sinner, and your faith is come true.

You have to get your FAITH right, 360watt, as all things with God are faith based, faith driven and faith SUPPLIED.
Believe it.
Its True.

Last edited:

360watt

Jun 6, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thank you for reading my Thread.

So,

The born again Spirit, is in Christ, One with God.
There is no sin found there, and that is why the NT says this "new Creation" is "made righteous".
And 1 John 3:9, says you dont sin.

But then.

Paul says this......"your old man is crucified with Christ" and to "reckon it dead".
Because it is.....as that is what crucifixion does, its KILLS YOU>.

So, when a believer, born again, has a sinning issue, or what they believe is this, tho its not that, as the born again are "not under the Law">... its because they are not living according to "the old man is crucified" as their renewed mind.

They are resurrecting their flesh, by not understanding who they have become in Christ.
And.. by not working out their salvation, which is to renew your mind out of the "im a sinner", "i have to sin", mindset....that is carnal, they stay stuck in sin consciousness <..
See that ?
The law and the commandments can't deliver you from that, but the Blood Atonement, did....

So, how can the old dead man keep you in the wrong mind?
Its because you are allowing him, the flesh" to control your faith.
You have broken faith.

Here is how right faith sounds.

Paul teaches....."i can do all things through Christ, which strengthens me"......so, is "all things"......"sinning"?
No its not.

Here is how real faith sounds.

"Christ ALWAYS gives me the victory".,,, Paul teaches.

So, does that sound like...>"im sinning and will continue"?

No.

Paul said, teaches, that the renewed mind, which is real faith, which is to have "worked out your salvation", produces, victory over the flesh, the world, the devil.

There is a reason that God never refers to the born again as a sinner or a saved sinner.
The born again are.... "As CHRIST is.....so are the born again, in this world"..
Is that a "sometimes i sin"?. situation?

No. ,unless your mind is not renewed and your faith is wrong, because of it.

The first thing you have to do, is understand that faith can be a curse to you.

Let me show you what i mean...
Jesus told you that as you believe in your heart, as you believe, you will. have it.

So, if you are this person..

"my mama got cancer, and i believe i will get it also". 'My brother did".

See that?
That person just spoke their FAITH, and Faith will provide what you believe.

"Nobody in my family lives to be very old".

See that?

That is their FAITH< and they just spoke it, and Jesus said.......you'l have what you believe... oh ye grain of mustard seed.

Are you following me?
Now lets look at your words...360WATT
You just told us that you BELIEVE you will sin, and remain a sinner.....so, that is your FAITH, and that is the wrong mind.
You have believed that you will remain a sinner, and your faith is come true.

You have to get your FAITH right, 360watt, as all things with God are faith based, faith driven and faith SUPPLIED.
Believe it.
Its True.

This is true. It's better to look how we are forgiven as believers and look in faith toward God and His will for us.. than dwell in thinking about sin.

(Eph 4:21) If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
(Eph 4:22) That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
(Eph 4:23) And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
(Eph 4:24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This is true. It's better to look how we are forgiven as believers and look in faith toward God and His will for us.. than dwell in thinking about sin.

(Eph 4:21) If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
(Eph 4:22) That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
(Eph 4:23) And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
(Eph 4:24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Think about this.....

If you are born again....

"your body is dead, because of sin".... so you'll get a NEW Body.

Your old man, and that is the adamic nature, and the mind of the flesh, is "crucified with Christ".

So, what is left?
What is left?

All that is left is..>"the new creation in Christ".,, and that is not your body or your mind.

See that?
And the reason we have to SEE that, is because that is what God sees, when He looks at us.

He does not realize us as our body or our mind.
God perspective of us, is....."You are now made righteous, One with God", 'In Christ"....the "NEW CREATION">

See THAT?
That is YOU.
The real you..the eternal you.
So, that understanding is the renewed mind, that only and always sees yourself as God sees you.

When you get that mind, then when you read Romans 4:8, it'll make sense.
When you read 1 John 3:9, it'll make sense.
When you read that the born again are "seated in heavenly places, in Christ"...it'll made sense, SPIRITUALLY.

THEN, when you read that a born again Christian is a :

SAINT
Heir of GOD
Joint Heir of Jesus
Made righteous
Having become the righteousness of GOD, .... in Christ
BORN AGAIN
New Creation.

It will make spiritual sense to you, because you are now seeing what God thinks, instead of what the carnal mind (the un-renewed mind of the flesh) tries to believe. as that is the Natural Mind and it opposes God and Truth and Heavenly spiritually.

The carnal mind, says....>"saved sinner", get ready to sin again.

The renewed MIND sees...> Im a ......."new creation".... "one with God"...."made righteous"..."having eternal life".....

This..

"As Jesus is......so are the born again, in this world"....

See all that, i showed you?
The wrong mind, the mind of the FLESH, can't believe that......so, you have to renew your mind to the place where you see yourself, as God sees you, always., as i just showed you how God sees all the born again.

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Born Again Means to ME

The night I was born again, was after my third attempt at suicide in less than a week. Yes, I was a church goer all my life, but I was not Born Again. I guess I thought sitting on a pew once a week and day dreaming, made me a Christian. I was mistaken. DO NOT TEST the LORD the way I DID. On my first two attempts I had a pistol against my temple with the trigger half pulled, and EXTREME TERROR made me drop the pistol. More Terror than if a mass murderer had a knife to my throat. It was Like I was in the Gates of Hell ready to walk right in. On the Third Attempt, I got very drunk, and tried to arrange a fatal Motorcycle Accident. Freshly Poured Gravel, on a dirt road, was the most dangerous surface I knew, while drunk too, while riding full throttle, very dangerous on a motorcycle. BUT it felt like I was riding on smooth Pavement. Why the three attempts, my wife of only 6 months demanded a divorce, and I hit bottom.

So I rode my motorcycle slowly home and sat up the rest of the night, sobering up, and trying to figure out WHY I WAS NOT DEAD. About five A.M., I decided to go to bed. As I crossed the threshold of my Bedroom door, a Thought Crossed my mind. "I cannot ride a motorcycle like even Sober, and I was as drunk as three men. GOD must have reached down, grabbed my motorcycle and Said 'NO YOU DON'T, I have a Purpose for your Life' ." INSTANTLY Wave, after Wave, of EXTREME GRIEF HIT ME, over my WHOLE LIFE STYLE, and kept it up for almost 2 hours. I fell to my knees as I cried like a baby, and kept weeping while I repeated over and over, "LORD, PLEASE FORGIVE ME." I felt so guilty for my whole lifestyle, that I was sure HE could never forgive me.

Now what happened next, I usually skip this part, when telling my testimony. I figure it was so sure, HE could never forgive me. It had to be a Vision, as dreams are not as real. I looked up from being on my knees and I was on my knees before HIS cross, and I was still Crying hard, and begging Him for forgiveness. I looked up and saw something that I had never heard of in my whole life. The nails were in HIS wrists, not in the Palm of HIS hand. (Years later I heard in a Sermon the Jews regard the wrists to be part of the hands.) As I stared at the nails in bewilderment, I saw blood come out around those nails, and fall. It hit both of my forearms, and the BLOOD WAS WARM. I knew instantly I was forgiven. (That is where the Vision Ended, the last week of 1977.)

So what happened next? He gave me a profound TRUST IN HIM, way beyond normal trust. I want to keep this short, because I could write a book on what happened next. I keep Trusting HIM, and Still have it IN MY HEART, at 74 years of age. HE put it on my heart to move west, and follows HIS Leading me. I did not know why, but it was become Volunteer Chaplain, in two different, back to back, super-max Prisons. I did not do it, IT WAS CHRIST IN ME DOING THE WORK.

Oh Yes, I had that much TRUST IN HIM.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
As I stared at the nails in bewilderment, I saw blood come out around those nails, and fall. It hit both of my forearms, and the BLOOD WAS WARM.

And it was certainly "warm" when Jesus was bleeding out on that Cross for the sin of us all.

The Blood of Jesus is the one time eternal sacrifice for sin, and without the shedding of Jesus's blood there is no forgiveness, no pardon, no remission, no SALVATION.

Often on Forums like this one, you'll read someone giving praise to water, for "washing sin away".
Never believe that reader, as its the BLOOD of Jesus that God has poured out for this world's sin.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The night I was born again, was after my third attempt at suicide in less than a week. Yes, I was a church goer all my life, but I was not Born Again. I guess I thought sitting on a pew once a week and day dreaming, made me a Christian. I was mistaken. DO NOT TEST the LORD the way I DID. On my first two attempts I had a pistol against my temple with the trigger half pulled, and EXTREME TERROR made me drop the pistol. More Terror than if a mass murderer had a knife to my throat. It was Like I was in the Gates of Hell ready to walk right in. On the Third Attempt, I got very drunk, and tried to arrange a fatal Motorcycle Accident. Freshly Poured Gravel, on a dirt road, was the most dangerous surface I knew, while drunk too, while riding full throttle, very dangerous on a motorcycle. BUT it felt like I was riding on smooth Pavement. Why the three attempts, my wife of only 6 months demanded a divorce, and I hit bottom.

So I rode my motorcycle slowly home and sat up the rest of the night, sobering up, and trying to figure out WHY I WAS NOT DEAD. About five A.M., I decided to go to bed. As I crossed the threshold of my Bedroom door, a Thought Crossed my mind. "I cannot ride a motorcycle like even Sober, and I was as drunk as three men. GOD must have reached down, grabbed my motorcycle and Said 'NO YOU DON'T, I have a Purpose for your Life' ." INSTANTLY Wave, after Wave, of EXTREME GRIEF HIT ME, over my WHOLE LIFE STYLE, and kept it up for almost 2 hours. I fell to my knees as I cried like a baby, and kept weeping while I repeated over and over, "LORD, PLEASE FORGIVE ME." I felt so guilty for my whole lifestyle, that I was sure HE could never forgive me.

Now what happened next, I usually skip this part, when telling my testimony. I figure it was so sure, HE could never forgive me. It had to be a Vision, as dreams are not as real. I looked up from being on my knees and I was on my knees before HIS cross, and I was still Crying hard, and begging Him for forgiveness. I looked up and saw something that I had never heard of in my whole life. The nails were in HIS wrists, not in the Palm of HIS hand. (Years later I heard in a Sermon the Jews regard the wrists to be part of the hands.) As I stared at the nails in bewilderment, I saw blood come out around those nails, and fall. It hit both of my forearms, and the BLOOD WAS WARM. I knew instantly I was forgiven. (That is where the Vision Ended, the last week of 1977.)

So what happened next? He gave me a profound TRUST IN HIM, way beyond normal trust. I want to keep this short, because I could write a book on what happened next. I keep Trusting HIM, and Still have it IN MY HEART, at 74 years of age. HE put it on my heart to move west, and follows HIS Leading me. I did not know why, but it was become Volunteer Chaplain, in two different, back to back, super-max Prisons. I did not do it, IT WAS CHRIST IN ME DOING THE WORK.

Welcome to CB brother, and thank you for sharing your story, it is extraordinary!
Enjoy your time here :)

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Amen Brother!

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen Brother!

Yes, I had to share, these two posts, with all, because some were getting of track. Born Again, is a matter of Trusting Him totally with your life. Then letting HIM rule your life, and stepping out is faith, to do what you did not know hat to do, so that HE would get all the glory. I did not know the first thing about Prison Ministry, so I knew in my heart HE wanted me there, so HE will empower me. AND I KNEW HE KNEW HOW TO CONDUCT IT, and I had enough faith, HE would do it through me. AND TRUSTED THAT TOTALLY. I was at one Prison on the coast, for 9.5 years, then we moved to the other side of California, and Volunteered their at that super-max Prison for 5.5 year. I do not deserve to get the credit, because JESUS CHRIST DID IT THROUGH ME. HE kept opening doors, and I kept walking through them.

When I first started to do the Sermons in the Chaplain, in my mind, it was totally HIS DOING the Sermons. I was supposed to escorting a Pastor from town, and But he forgot it was his turn to help out in the Prison Ministry. Chapel Services were supposed to begin at 2:00 PM, but by 2:07, I realized that I had to do the Sermon. My Knees turned to rubber, and I went into the Chapel Office, got done on my knees and PRAYED. "Lord, you are going to have to do this, because I had nothing Prepared." I remembered the list of verses in the back of my Bible, that were all Salvation verses, and remembered the Opening Prayer that Dr. Ed Young used on TV, and the sermon lasted 45 minutes. So when the time came, I boldly stepped up to the Pulpit and began the Sermon. HE WAS FAITHFUL, and wanted to take notes on myself, as HE taught the Sermon.

You see, I had no Bible College experience, but I had over 500 cassette tapes of very good TEACHERS, Like Dr. John MacArthur, Dr. Ed Young, Dr. Charles Stanley, and Dr. Chuck Swindoll, that I had listened to them 4 times each. That week the Head Chaplain asked me to take over that Chapel, and told me the Staff wanted me to us the Title: Volunteer Chaplain. The needed the inmates to respect the Position as Part of Regular Staff.

After I got a Computer, I learned quickly the Pictures were worth a Thousand words. So here is what my sermons looked like. Note they were just verses, and I TRUSTED JESUS to give me what to say about them. This was one of my Grandfather's favorite expressions: IF IT WORKS, DON'T FIX IT.

Here is all that I would do, wait for the Lord to give me a Subject to teach on Sunday, with Faststone Image Viewer (still available for free today,) give it a nice Border, and a couple pictures. Then find verses Pertaining to that Suject. Yes I taught Subjectively, not verse by verse. It is the fastest way to give them the Tools subjectively, because some of them would Parole soon, to carry on in a Christian Lifestyle. Here is one that I just started:

1680894920069.png
So then I would add Verses until the page was full. It served two purposes. 1. By waiting for the LORD to give me the Subject, I was confident that this subject is what HE wanted me to teach this week, 2. When I first Started with hand written every week's Sermon Notes, all of them ended up on the chairs when Chapel Services were done. By adding the Pictures and a nice border, almost everyone went back to the Cells with them. And few asked for extra Copies to send home to their Mom.

Like the saying goes, A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS. So where did the explanation of the verses come from?
I would study what verses meant by what they said, but not one of them came from what I had written. I trusted HIM to give me what HE wanted to say about those verses. AND HE WAS FAITHFUL!

Last edited:

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I had to share, these two posts, with all, because some were getting of track. Born Again, is a matter of Trusting Him totally with your life. Then letting HIM rule your life, and stepping out is faith, to do what you did not know hat to do, so that HE would get all the glory. I did not know the first thing about Prison Ministry, so I knew in my heart HE wanted me there, so HE will empower me. AND I KNEW HE KNEW HOW TO CONDUCT IT, and I had enough faith, HE would do it through me. AND TRUSTED THAT TOTALLY. I was at one Prison on the coast, for 9.5 years, then we moved to the other side of California, and Volunteered their at that super-max Prison for 5.5 year. I do not deserve to get the credit, because JESUS CHRIST DID IT THROUGH ME. HE kept opening doors, and I kept walking through them.

When I first started to do the Sermons in the Chaplain, in my mind, it was totally HIS DOING the Sermons. I was supposed to escorting a Pastor from town, and But he forgot it was his turn to help out in the Prison Ministry. Chapel Services were supposed to begin at 2:00 PM, but by 2:07, I realized that I had to do the Sermon. My Knees turned to rubber, and I went into the Chapel Office, got done on my knees and PRAYED. "Lord, you are going to have to do this, because I had nothing Prepared." I remembered the list of verses in the back of my Bible, that were all Salvation verses, and remembered the Opening Prayer that Dr. Ed Young used on TV, and the sermon lasted 45 minutes. So when the time came, I boldly stepped up to the Pulpit and began the Sermon. HE WAS FAITHFUL, and wanted to take notes on myself, as HE taught the Sermon.

You see, I had no Bible College experience, but I had over 500 cassette tapes of very good TEACHERS, Like Dr. John MacArthur, Dr. Ed Young, Dr. Charles Stanley, and Dr. Chuck Swindoll, that I had listened to them 4 times each. That week the Head Chaplain asked me to take over that Chapel, and told me the Staff wanted me to us the Title: Volunteer Chaplain. The needed the inmates to respect the Position as Part of Regular Staff.

After I got a Computer, I learned quickly the Pictures were worth a Thousand words. So here is what my sermons looked like. Note they were just verses, and I TRUSTED JESUS to give me what to say about them. This was one of my Grandfather's favorite expressions: IF IT WORKS, DON'T FIX IT.

Here is all that I would do, wait for the Lord to give me a Subject to teach on Sunday, with Faststone Image Viewer (still available for free today,) give it a nice Border, and a couple pictures. Then find verses Pertaining to that Suject. Yes I taught Subjectively, not verse by verse. It is the fastest way to give them the Tools subjectively, because some of them would Parole soon, to carry on in a Christian Lifestyle. Here is one that I just started:

View attachment 31158
So then I would add Verses until the page was full. It served two purposes. 1. By waiting for the LORD to give me the Subject, I was confident that this subject is what HE wanted me to teach this week, 2. When I first Started with hand written every week's Sermon Notes, all of them ended up on the chairs when Chapel Services were done. By adding the Pictures and a nice border, almost everyone went back to the Cells with them. And few asked for extra Copies to send home to their Mom.

Like the saying goes, A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS. So where did the explanation of the verses come from?
I would study what verses meant by what they said, but not one of them came from what I had written. I trusted HIM to give me what HE wanted to say about those verses. AND HE WAS FAITHFUL!

I corrected that TYPO. I really like this unlimited edit. It really helps us older generations. Yeah, I turned 74.

• Love

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to CB brother, and thank you for sharing your story, it is extraordinary!
Enjoy your time here :)

I know it is unusual to say at least. There is a reason. I was raised in an old fashion Lutheran Church, and was an acolyte (altar boy), I was shocked when a good friend invited me one time to go to the local Catholic Church. And their Churches Order of Service was almost identical to the Lutheran Services, Except, when it got to the 10 minute Sermon. Yes we had a 10 minute sermon there too. But the Priest spent the whole 10 minutes BASHING Martin Luther as a Hieratic. So I thought I was saved by my infant baptism, and deeds. That is why I thought HE could not forgive me. That is why HE gave me that Vision. They did not Teach Born Again, and thought it was a versions of Works Righteousness. I knew a lot about Jesus, but not the part that would bring the free gift of Salvation to me, that Jesus and shedding HIS blood, did it all.

Now I go to a non-denominational, non-charismatic evangelical-type Service with 1 hour Sermons and a half hour for everything else.
YES, I get FED the Word of GOD every Sundays, and now we get a complete Meal of the Word of GOD, not a 10 minute snack.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know it is unusual to say at least. There is a reason. I was raised in an old fashion Lutheran Church, and was an acolyte (altar boy), I was shocked when a good friend invited me one time to go to the local Catholic Church. And their Churches Order of Service was almost identical to the Lutheran Services, Except, when it got to the 10 minute Sermon. Yes we had a 10 minute sermon there too. But the Priest spent the whole 10 minutes BASHING Martin Luther as a Hieratic. So I thought I was saved by my infant baptism, and deeds. That is why I thought HE could not forgive me. That is why HE gave me that Vision. They did not Teach Born Again, and thought it was a versions of Works Righteousness. I knew a lot about Jesus, but not the part that would bring the free gift of Salvation to me, that Jesus and shedding HIS blood, did it all.

Now I go to a non-denominational, non-charismatic evangelical-type Service with 1 hour Sermons and a half hour for everything else.
YES, I get FED the Word of GOD every Sundays, and now we get a complete Meal of the Word of GOD, not a 10 minute snack.
That is a wonderful work of God, for sure! My family were raised Catholic, and my mom started to go to a Lutheran church when I was about 12 or 13. I had gone a few times with her and some brothers and sisters. Then I stopped going, moved out of the house and about 10-12 years later a friend and I started to go to an evangelical bible teaching church and we were both blown away that we were actually learning something!
Happy Resurrection Day!!

Reactions: ChristisGod

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a wonderful work of God, for sure! My family were raised Catholic, and my mom started to go to a Lutheran church when I was about 12 or 13. I had gone a few times with her and some brothers and sisters. Then I stopped going, moved out of the house and about 10-12 years later a friend and I started to go to an evangelical bible teaching church and we were both blown away that we were actually learning something!
Happy Resurrection Day!!

Amen, amen, and amen. The last year, were traveling from Grand Island to Lincoln, NE. 90 miles one way just because we could not find a GOOD Bible Teaching Evangical Church in Grand Island. Why? For the exact reason you gave. I started to go to an evangelical bible teaching church and we were both blown away that we were actually learning something! It was wonderful after being starved spiritually for so many years, and it was EXCITING TOO. Praise the Lord. About a 1.5 years later, we move to California, following the the Lords Leading. By the way, the Lord brought a Godly Woman into my life, and we were married 36.5 years, before the Lord took her home, via a heart attack.

I want to what share something about how much I miss her. Back why we first met, we were searching for a good Bible Teaching Church, we tried one Baptist, one Sunday morning. They had a guest Missionary from a mission in Africa, give the sermon. He closed the Sermon with this shocking Statement.
"The reason I serve the Lord on the Mission Field, is I want the biggest, fanciest mansion on the Street of Gold that runs past the Throne. I do not watch a little Shack out back the thrown of Grace on a bend if the Crystal River." I was shocked, since when is GREED that has anything to do with how HE choices to house us. I looked around the sanctuary, and NO ONE ELSE SEEMED SHOCKED. On the way to the Church I told my wife about his shocking statement, and we knew that was no the Church for US. I actually said. "I don't care what that Missionary said, I don't care what the home looks like, I just want to be there with HIM."

This may be the exact cabin on the Crystal River that will be our home.
I look at this picture and still cry, even tho she pasted away 8 years ago. I can imagine she is sitting on a couch in the big window, waiting for me to come home.
1681065708069.png.1681067019968.png
I hope you do not think it is crazy to sometimes stare at this picture.
The first time off period, we get, you are invited to come visit us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, amen, and amen. The last year, were traveling from Grand Island to Lincoln, NE. 90 miles one way just because we could not find a GOOD Bible Teaching Evangical Church in Grand Island. Why? For the exact reason you gave. I started to go to an evangelical bible teaching church and we were both blown away that we were actually learning something! It was wonderful after being starved spiritually for so many years, and it was EXCITING TOO. Praise the Lord. About a 1.5 years later, we move to California, following the the Lords Leading. By the way, the Lord brought a Godly Woman into my life, and we were married 36.5 years, before the Lord took her home, via a heart attack.

I want to what share something about how much I miss her. Back why we first met, we were searching for a good Bible Teaching Church, we tried one Baptist, one Sunday morning. They had a guest Missionary from a mission in Africa, give the sermon. He closed the Sermon with this shocking Statement.
"The reason I serve the Lord on the Mission Field, is I want the biggest, fanciest mansion on the Street of Gold that runs past the Throne. I do not watch a little Shack out back the thrown of Grace on a bend if the Crystal River." I was shocked, since when is GREED that has anything to do with how HE choices to house us. I looked around the sanctuary, and NO ONE ELSE SEEMED SHOCKED. On the way to the Church I told my wife about his shocking statement, and we knew that was no the Church for US. I actually said. "I don't care what that Missionary said, I don't care what the home looks like, I just want to be there with HIM."

This may be the exact cabin on the Crystal River that will be our home.
I look at this picture and still cry, even tho she pasted away 8 years ago. I can imagine she is sitting on a couch in the big window, waiting for me to come home.
View attachment 31255.View attachment 31257
I hope you do not think it is crazy to sometimes stare at this picture.
The first time off period, we get, you are invited to come visit us.
My condolences on the loss of your dear wife. You know where she is at amen.
And no, I do not think it "crazy", strange, weird or anything at all like that...that you take that picture out and stare at it and bring up good thoughts and memories.
I agree with you about that African missionary about the "greed factor". There is SUCH a lot of that going on in the churches of today...right along with their false name it claim it "gospel".

I would be more than honored than ever to just be allowed in His heaven much less wonder what my "mansion" will be like! Yeah, just to know we are with Him is hope enough for down here now.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is exactly what The Lord has prepared for the both of you!
God bless and comfort you.

VCO

Mar 4, 2023
Lincoln, NE
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Happy Resurrection Sunday:

1681085482209.png1681088849499.png
John 20:12-16 (KJV)
12 And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other
at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.
13 And they say unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? She saith unto them,
Because they have taken away my Lord, and I know not where they have laid him.
14 And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing,
and knew not that it was Jesus.
15 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou?
She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have
borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away.
16 Jesus saith unto her, {'Mary' Jesus used} Mariam. She turned herself, and saith
unto him, "Rabboni"; which is to say, Master.

That word for Mary, is also Mariam. It may have been the way HE
Chose to tell the difference between this lady and HIS mother Mary.

This is Mariam Magdalene, and in Aramaic there are several other
spelling of the word for Mary. That is why I say, English is a week
Language to translate the Bible into, we only have one spelling.

1681088990188.png 1681084680079.png

1681089846629.png

Last edited: