To clarify my position on heretics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
when the mighty armies lead by atilla the Hun sacked Italy and came to the gate of Rome one frail very old man when out to meet him and atilla fled in terror! That was Pope Leo the great defended by Gods angels

atilla was not in the same league with rome when it came to death and destruction. Charlemagne killed four thousand five hundred saxons in one day, what was their crime, they didnt want to be Christian so they were put to death, the exact opposite of what Jesus taught.
thats the roman imperial church lead pure evil!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
atilla was not in the same league with rome when it came to death and destruction. Charlemagne killed four thousand five hundred saxons in one day, what was their crime, they didnt want to be Christian so they were put to death, the exact opposite of what Jesus taught.
He was emperor not church leader

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

matt 10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

34 Think not that I am come to bring peace on earth: I came not to bring peace, but a sword.

Matthew 12:30
He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It matters what venue the pope speaks?
His pronouncement regarding homosexuals and civil union isn't a matter that pertains to the area of faith and morals?

Papal infallibilty applies when the Bishop of Rome, in his official teaching capacity, solemney declares 'ex cathedra' to the whole world on some issue pertaining to faith and morals..

It has been used explicitly one time since Vatican I. There is some debate whether it applies to magesterial documents such as encyclicals and apostolic letters where it has not been explicitly invoked but comments given in a private interview with a reporter or film maker most certainly do not qualify.

Peace!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Doctrine is divine revelation and is perfect and is immutable cannot change
Your churches doctrines are not divine neither are they revelation, but you insist in putting mens doctrines above God, that Idolatry, but than your churches are filled with Idols.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your churches doctrines are not divine neither are they revelation, but you insist in putting mens doctrines above God, that Idolatry, but than your churches are filled with Idols.
Dogma or doctrine is revealed by God not above God

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
All temporal authority is subject to Christ the king and his one true church those who represent the king

thats great, and Charlemagne was an agent of this evil organization that called themselves a church when in fact they were destroyers of mankind.
Jesus said destroyers would not get through the gate to heaven

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
these “men” say quote there is only one God! Do you agree?
There are 2 Gods you see, there is the big G God, Jehova, the h Iam that I am, and there is the little G, satan the god of this world that men worship more than than first, Christians are supposed to lead men to Christ, religious people like you, lead men into prison, because you dont trust Him nor do you believe Him who was sent, adn so you just dig your self a deeper pit, thats hard work and all your own doing.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are 2 Gods you see, there is the big G God, Jehova, the h Iam that I am, and there is the little G, satan the god of this world that men worship more than than first, Christians are supposed to lead men to Christ, religious people like you, lead men into prison, because you dont trust Him nor do you believe Him who was sent, adn so you just dig your self a deeper pit, thats hard work and all your own doing.

satan may be called the god of this world but he is not divine eternal and uncreated

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
satan may be called the god of this world but he is not divine eternal and uncreated

one God that is a dogma
Dogma is a short concise statement of thee faith, and it is found 31 times in the New Testament Jude 1:3 for example
And you believe at least 80 percent of all catholic dogma

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thats great, and Charlemagne was an agent of this evil organization that called themselves a church when in fact they were destroyers of mankind.
Jesus said destroyers would not get through the gate to heaven

Jesus is Lord!

Lk 3: 4 As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Papal infallibilty applies when the Bishop of Rome, in his official teaching capacity, solemney declares 'ex cathedra' to the whole world on some issue pertaining to faith and morals..

It has been used explicitly one time since Vatican I. There is some debate whether it applies to magesterial documents such as encyclicals and apostolic letters where it has not been explicitly invoked but comments given in a private interview with a reporter or film maker most certainly do not qualify.

Peace!
The pope is fallible then?
What of that time when he said atheists can enter heaven?
Francis knows being gay is not a sin. But the homosexual act itself is.

Vatican breaks silence on Pope Francis' gay civil union remarks

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Jesus is Lord!

Lk 3: 4 As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

Exodus 20 4

4“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 5You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, 6but showing steadfast love to thousandsb of those who love me and keep my commandments.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exodus 20 4

4“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 5You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, 6but showing steadfast love to thousandsb of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Is making a carved image forbidden?
Or worshipping them what is forbidden?

Reactions: WaterSong

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Is making a carved image forbidden?
Or worshipping them what is forbidden?

i thought we were copy pasting random bible passages being as the one you replied with had no explanation and nothing to do with what i wrote.

edit - my bad i forgot, here ya go-

Genesis 19:4
But before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both young and old, all the people to the last man, surrounded the house.