To clarify my position on heretics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The holy church has authority and a duty to defend the truth and therefore to condemn all errors, and heretics for their errors and if they refuse to recant must be turned over to the state, only the state has authority to execute justice!
OT precedents 1 kings 18:40
rom 13:4
1 Peter 2:14

I never said anything about murder, Murder is cold blooded premeditated killing and is against the commandment of God!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heresy or error is a very serious matter concerning both divine revelation and the loss of salvation!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In prophetic scripture women represent the church. A prostitute a apostate church, a pure woman, the faithful church.
Beasts represent civil government.

KJV Revelation 17:3-6
3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In prophetic scripture women represent the church. A prostitute a apostate church, a pure woman, the faithful church.
Beasts represent civil government.

KJV Revelation 17:3-6
3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

the Roman Empire yes

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The holy church has authority and a duty to defend the truth and therefore to condemn all errors, and heretics for their errors and if they refuse to recant must be turned over to the state, only the state has authority to execute justice!

I never said anything about murder, Murder is cold blooded premeditated killing and is against the commandment of God!

And what do you think the State will do when you turn us over to them? Bake us a cake, hand us a bouquet of roses, a box of chocolates, and then whisper sweet nothings in our ear?

Romantic-Couples-Photography-In-Rain-6.jpg

Cheers-by-the-Fire-730x400.jpg

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what do you think the State will do when you turn us over to them? Bake us a cake, hand us a bouquet of roses, a box of chocolates, and then whisper sweet nothings in our ear?

Romantic-Couples-Photography-In-Rain-6.jpg

Cheers-by-the-Fire-730x400.jpg

Well said.
The charge of Heretic is relative. Catholics think Protestants are Heretics, and vice versa.
Thing is, the human spirit is stronger and the body better armed today than in the 15th and 16th centuries. Do you really think those who would side with the Heretic hunters would be let to last long enough to reap the rewards their masters cast to them from the table?

th

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the Roman Empire yes
But do you not realise that the Catholic Church is a mere continuation of pagan Rome in structure, in name, and in practice? The only difference is she has replaced the names of the old pagan gods with new names... But the effect on those who cannot in conscience share that same worldview with Rome is the same, and has been for 1500 years. It doesn't end well for them.
How are we better off under papal Rome as far as religious liberty is concerned than those Christians who died under pagan Rome in the Colosseum in the 2nd century?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But do you not realise that the Catholic Church is a mere continuation of pagan Rome in structure, in name, and in practice? The only difference is she has replaced the names of the old pagan gods with new names... But the effect on those who cannot in conscience share that same worldview with Rome is the same, and has been for 1500 years. It doesn't end well for them.
How are we better off under papal Rome as far as religious liberty is concerned than those Christians who died under pagan Rome in the Colosseum in the 2nd century?

total non-sense
Those Christians were Catholics

dan 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

the church conquered rome

Reactions: Philip James

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thee Faith, my question was: What do you think the State will do when you turn us over to them? You posted this thread. Answer the question.

Reactions: WaterSong

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That policy worked wonders against Galileo. Also, isn't the policy the Jews followed when they wanted Jesus crucified?

Yet, most Christians view the scriptures of that Roman Church as inspired words of God. I guess we let pagans tell us what God's authoritative words are?

when was Galileo executed?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what state?

The state you referred to in the OP, when you said, "The holy church has authority and a duty to defend the truth and therefore to condemn all errors, and heretics for their errors and if they refuse to recant must be turned over to the state, only the state has authority to execute justice!
OT precedents 1 kings 18:40..."
Why do you think I would turn you over to them? I have no jurisdictional authority

Facetious, LoL. I didn't think you would turn me over to them personally :rolleyes:. I asked what you think the state will do when your church turns us over to them. It's in your OP:

Were you referring to your church being the ones who will turn "heretics" over to the state or not?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We were talking about times past like the Middle Ages Spain for example would usually burn at the stake
Modern times heresy is not a crime as here in the Freemason states of America

Liberty, religious liberty, liberty of conscience, free speech, free press, seperation of church and state are Freemasons principals

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We were talking about times past like the Middle Ages Spain for example would usually burn at the stake
Modern times heresy is not a crime as here in the Freemason states of America

Liberty, religious liberty, liberty of conscience, free speech, free press, seperation of church and state are Freemasons principals

Ok. And you believe the Freemason States of America will never return to punishing and/or imprisoning people it considers as "enemies of the state"?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no, just major crimes like murder bank robbery etc.

How about over the issue of someone's views on homosexuality, which unlike the examples you just cited is actually a religious issue, and thus would be something the Catholic Church would invest themselves in.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about over the issue of someone's views on homosexuality, which unlike the examples you just cited is actually a religious issue, and thus would be something the Catholic Church would invest themselves in.

yes it was actually against the law and punishable until a few yrs ago, adultry is still a crime in the military

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes it was actually against the law and punishable until a few yrs ago, adultry is still a crime in the military

Alright. Now suppose your church were to change the stance on homosexuality it has held for centuries, and begin agreeing with a position held in many Western States that any teaching condemning homosexuality as a sin should be labelled as "hate speech," and as such be punishable by law?

Reactions: WaterSong