To clarify my position on heretics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The pope is fallible then?

Well of course! The doctrine of papal infallibility only applies when the pope is excercising his official teaching office 'ex cathedra'... that's it...

The infallibilty of the bishops as a whole while excercising their ordinary majesterium also is this way, seeen primarily expressed in synods and councils...

What of that time when he said atheists can enter heaven?

Was it said as an official teaching of the Church? I doubt it.. if you think so please provide the document.

But that is an interesting theological discussion in my opinion.
Personally I think none who do not willfully and knowingly reject Life will be lost...

but regardless of my, or any mans opinion, Jesus will judge each of us righteously... and who can argue with His judgements?

Francis knows being gay is not a sin. But the homosexual act itself is.

Vatican breaks silence on Pope Francis' gay civil union remarks

Thank you for articulating the Catholic position and linking the Vatican's clarification.

Peace!

Reactions: WaterSong

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did God command Moses to make a serpent in a tree and why does Jesus say it is a type Him on the cross???

Numbers 21:9
And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

John 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto myself

Galatians 3:1
O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
one God that is a dogma
Dogma is a short concise statement of thee faith, and it is found 31 times in the New Testament Jude 1:3 for example
And you believe at least 80 percent of all catholic dogma
Dogma, maybe its called that because its for the dogs, you would have being far better off on a pew keeping yourself to yourself but you over stepped that mark..

Joh_9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
infalibility is rare yes

Yes definitely
In matters of governance and discipline he must use human prudence and human judgement with the virtues and guided by prayer

By Pope I guess you mean a valid pope?
And they are sinners not impeccable

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dogma, maybe its called that because its for the dogs, you would have being far better off on a pew keeping yourself to yourself but you over stepped that mark..

Joh_9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

there is a thread in this forum that I posted a list of dogma read them

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well of course! The doctrine of papal infallibility only applies when the pope is excercising his official teaching office 'ex cathedra'... that's it...

The infallibilty of the bishops as a whole while excercising their ordinary majesterium also is this way, seeen primarily expressed in synods and councils...

Was it said as an official teaching of the Church? I doubt it.. if you think so please provide the document.

But that is an interesting theological discussion in my opinion.
Personally I think none who do not willfully and knowingly reject Life will be lost...
I can agree with that.
I also agree it would make for an interesting discussion just one its face. Pope Francis says atheists can do good and go to heaven too! - Living Faith - Home & Family - News - Catholic Online

but regardless of my, or any mans opinion, Jesus will judge each of us righteously... and who can argue with His judgements?
Amen. Though those could make for an interesting discussion too. ;)

Thank you for articulating the Catholic position and linking the Vatican's clarification.

Peace!
It's only fair. :)