To Hell and Back - Visiting Gehenna

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord has provided ALL people the opportunity to get born again according to scripture....
While you may believe it is biblical, it has no basis in reality.

What's the current population of China? How many know the gospel right now?
How many have gone to the afterlife in ages past?

/

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While you may believe it is biblical, it has no basis in reality.

Well, don't let God's Word get in the way of what you believe! clueless-doh.gif

The scripture references I just posted prove God is giving everyone opportunity.

Jesus said if He is lifted up... He would draw ALL men unto Himself... very sad that you have choseen to not accept whjat Jesus said. Very sad for you!

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture references I just posted prove God is giving everyone opportunity.

Jesus said if He is lifted up... He would draw ALL men unto Himself...
I agree with that.
But not that it will all happen in this lifetime.

1 Corinthians 15:22-23
For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.
23 But each in turn...

/

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I just posted numerous scriptures showing the Lord has gone out of His way to make sure everyone has opportunity to get born again.

It would be unjust of God to hold someone responsible for something they never had access to.

They have access to the gospel in this life and nothing in scripture says there are any second chances after we leave this live.

If you are going to try and claim everyone that didn't get saved are sent to purgatory and leave of salvation there... there's no scripture that teaches this.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just posted numerous scriptures showing the Lord has gone out of His way to make sure everyone has opportunity to get born again.

It would be unjust of God to hold someone responsible for something they never had access to.

They have access to the gospel in this life and nothing in scripture says there are any second chances after we leave this live.

If you are going to try and claim everyone that didn't get saved are sent to purgatory and leave of salvation there... there's no scripture that teaches this.
Where was Jesus for three days before his resurrection?

/

Reactions: TheHC

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is saved by their own doing. Nothing is left to chance.

Your "proof-texts" are meaningless. You are presuming they mean something that they don't.

/

Reactions: TheHC

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where was Jesus for three days before his resurrection?

That's a deflect and is not relevant to the fact that God is fair and gives everyone opportunity in this life to get born again.

Jesus went in to Abraham's bosom to preach to the old testament saints simply because they must be born again in order to be allowed in to Heaven... the whole reason why they were in Abraham's bosom was because God had counted them as saved... but they could not yet go to Heaven because the new birth had not become available yet until Jesus went to the Cross.

They came up out of the grave when Jesus was raised from the dead... from Abraham's bosom which was simply a temporary placed for old testament saints to wait until the new birth became available.

Now, there is no Abraham's bosom as there is not need for this place since the new birth has become available... when people die they either are absent from the body and present with the Lord in Heaven (2 Corinthians 5:8) , or is not born again or otherwise rejected by the Lord they go to hell where the rich man went to be tormented in the fire

Those who believe in purgatory are mistaken and cannot prove this place exists the way catholics teach it. Lots of folks here this and think they can intentionally live like the devil in this life and they'll have a second chance later in purgatory.

Back when I was a young man I used to party with guys that believed this (they were catholic) and there was few things they wouldn't be willing to do including murder (we were all on drugs)

No one is saved by their own doing

Nothing I have posted would give the impression that we can save ourselves

Your "proof-texts" are meaningless. You are presuming they mean something that they don't.

That's your opinion. Many times people just cannot understand plain speech and other times people have been indoctrinated to believe a certain way and it matters not what God's Word says as they will believe the way they have been indoctrinated to believe.

So, when the future gets here we'll see how your opinions work out verses what God's Word plainly says.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell was done away with in revelation.

It seems people believe they live inbetween jesus and his victory cause they lack faith or fail to understand what God did through Christ.

@St. SteVen @Big Boy Johnson

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also the Pharisees being warned that how will they escape the fires of ghenna was a literal happening, after Jesus had ascended.

The Pharisees probably mocked at this, because they believed they would have a proper burial, only to find out, people were thrown into ghenna.

It also is not on fire today.

TheHC

Jun 22, 2021
Columbus
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many times people just cannot understand plain speech…
Here’s plain speech…
At John 17:3, Jesus was praying to his Father and said,
“This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.”

(Here are some other renditions:

What does “only” mean to you? It’s ‘clear speech’.
Christ didn’t include himself.

And there is no valid grammatical altering that could change the meaning of that verse.

Last edited:
Reactions: St. SteVen

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wait a minute….

I know this is a little old, but how do you mean this? As a quote?
Because I know this isn’t what you believe!
It was a response to BBJ who said…..

You failed to understand it's saying PEOPLE that take the mark of the beast... will be tormented in hell for ever.
My response was…..
”You are just spouting off the top of your head, with little understanding of the scripture you quote.
“Hell” (i.e. “Gehenna“ in his reply) is eternal death and yes, it is forever. The dead are not conscious so there can be no suffering. (Eccl 9:5, 10)

TheHC

Jun 22, 2021
Columbus
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was a response to BBJ who said…..

My response was…..
”You are just spouting off the top of your head, with little understanding of the scripture you quote.
“Hell” (i.e. “Gehenna“ in his reply) is eternal death and yes, it is forever. The dead are not conscious so there can be no suffering. (Eccl 9:5, 10)
Thank you for clarifying this! I thought I misunderstood. I did. Sorry.