To hell with me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know where you're going here. But let me say that writer's lost in antiquity who we assume to be real, are not threatening us with some punishment for not believing in their philosophy.

I do not feel threatened into anything, on the contrary,my spirit is more at peace than it ever has been. You might choose to believe in the lack of evidence for Jesus and His Apostles but, that does not mean it is not there to be found, in the same manner that all other Historical documents and such are deemed reliable. If one is truly seeking, it is there to be found.

God has a multifaceted character. There is one thing and one thing only that He cannot and will not abide and that is sin. All of His warnings and commands are solely for OUR GOOD. He is not a killjoy, He want's His children happy only, His children continue to fill their souls with the things of this world...never fully satisfied. Little sips that never last, then onto the next un-fulfilling temporal, carnal thing. To a Christian (some) God IS our cup/portion and He never runs out. There are no holes in His cup and when we fill it with those things HE desires for our lives, it will fill, stay filled and it will be good. If we draw from His well...life makes all the difference. And, we never thirst again!
"Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore" (Psalm 16:11). <--- So, I guess we can say obedience (which is perfect instruction for us, and light) to Jesus commands, could be considered a gateway to pleasures forevermore".

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Actually it's not. The Christians faith comes from God. Where did your's come from?

Stranger
This is not a contest, we are all born without an inkling of God (Naturally Atheist) So are we all domed from the womb? And those who managed to be brought up in the right circumstances to hear the good news are the ones saved. When are you going to stop fighting everyone (Thinking your different because you have God)

Like I said, no one starts off that way.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not a contest, we are all born without an inkling of God (Naturally Atheist) So are we all domed from the womb? And those who managed to be brought up in the right circumstances to hear the good news are the ones saved. When are you going to stop fighting everyone (Thinking your different because you have God)

Like I said, no one starts off that way.

Who says we are born without an inkling of God? Who says we are all doomed from the womb? Is this your opinion? Based on what?

The believers are different because we have God. You certainly see the difference as you reject God.

Stranger

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
I do not feel threatened into anything, on the contrary,my spirit is more at peace than it ever has been. You might choose to believe in the lack of evidence for Jesus and His Apostles but, that does not mean it is not there to be found, in the same manner that all other Historical documents and such are deemed reliable. If one is truly seeking, it is there to be found.

God has a multifaceted character. There is one thing and one thing only that He cannot and will not abide and that is sin. All of His warnings and commands are solely for OUR GOOD. He is not a killjoy, He want's His children happy only, His children continue to fill their souls with the things of this world...never fully satisfied. Little sips that never last, then onto the next un-fulfilling temporal, carnal thing. To a Christian (some) God IS our cup/portion and He never runs out. There are no holes in His cup and when we fill it with those things HE desires for our lives, it will fill, stay filled and it will be good. If we draw from His well...life makes all the difference. And, we never thirst again!
"Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore" (Psalm 16:11). <--- So, I guess we can say obedience (which is perfect instruction for us, and light) to Jesus commands, could be considered a gateway to pleasures forevermore".
It's easy to cherry pick Bible verse's that agree with your own theology, but note that it's you who's doing the talking not God.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Who says we are born with an inkling of God? Who says we are all doomed from the womb? Is this your opinion? Based on what?

The believers are different because we have God. You certainly see the difference as you reject God.

Stranger
I see no difference.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it's very hard to sustain belief without evidence to follow it.

I cannot see God manifesting any kind of evidence unless you FIRST believe. That would be taking a step into faith. God say's His grace is sufficient for all things. Jesus did not say blessed are those who see, and THEN believe but...those who believe without seeing...

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see no difference.

Why do you see no difference? you said we are all born without an inkling of God. So, as I have asked, where did this faith of your's come from. What makes you think the believer is not born with an inkling of God?

Stranger

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's easy to cherry pick Bible verse's that agree with your own theology, but note that it's you who's doing the talking not God.

They are Gods words and as a Christian, I believe them. He has come through for me in so many ways since I came to "my end" that I cannot imagine my life without Him. Faith has become alive to me now- not so in the past. I suppose the personal aspect of our fellowship with The Creator can make it difficult to describe to another.

Reactions: Enoch111

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
I cannot see God manifesting any kind of evidence unless you FIRST believe. That would be taking a step into faith. God say's His grace is sufficient for all things. Jesus did not say blessed are those who see, and THEN believe but...those who believe without seeing...
Only in TV show's like "Touched by an Angel" Does the Bible play out as a theatrical performance. But that's just a TV show, and detracts away from reality. Strange how in the age's past there were miracle's galore, the power's of God was evident everywhere. Now it's just "little thing's"

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Why do you see no difference? you said we are all born without an inkling of God. So, as I have asked, where did this faith of your's come from. What makes you think the believer is not born with an inkling of God?

Stranger
Logic.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
They are Gods words and as a Christian, I believe them. He has come through for me in so many ways since I came to "my end" that I cannot imagine my life without Him. Faith has become alive to me now- not so in the past. I suppose the personal aspect of our fellowship with The Creator can make it difficult to describe to another.
You need something more solid than feeling's & experiences to go on.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
My point is that I never qualified for the mind of Christ, and there was no renewal of my broken psychotic mind. I could believe in Jesus as much as I liked, but it didn't give me a sound mind, in fact the reverse happened.
My granddaughter is autistic.
She loves Jesus. Her mind has not been renewed but loving Jesus gives her much comfort.

We don't love Jesus and all our problems go away...including mental problems; whatever they may be.

We're just better off for knowing Him.
Maybe you expected too much.
Maybe you tried too hard.

Reactions: Willie T and Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The actual Jesus portrayed in the Bible? Not really. Other than the Bible there's nothing much outside of it to corroborate it's stories. Also it's noteworthy to point out that the New Testament letter's rarely embellished on the 4 gospel accounts.
fwiw to you "Jesus of Nazareth" may be easily interpreted "John Doe from Nowhere" once the language of Scripture is understood, and the keys are even written in
I've read the Bible over the last 19 year's, it doesn't help, it doesn't mend my mind.
reading the Bible from a logical pov is virtually pointless, except that one at least gets the words down.

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 2:14 - The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

Romans 8:7 - The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so.

Hell is painful because it is punishment. Humans demand justice when another is wronged or killed, we are all familiar with people say, "I hope they burn in hell! etc,) We demand and appreciate justice when we are wronged but can't understand why a holy God would bring justice against us for sin / not obeying Him. I'm sure no one here feels it is an act of injustice knowing Hitler is in hell. When it comes to our own sins and disobedience for whatever reason we view our self as good when in reality we are enslaved to sin and deserve the judgment of God for our sins.

When I see all the evil in the world it saddens me but I rejoice in knowing that God is a God of righteousness and will settle all accounts in the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will also add, You may not like the idea of hell and I will admit it is a tough subject, but, would you be angrier knowing that someone hurt you, or someone you love and God just let them off with no consequences? You would then be angry at God for not showing justice. Hell is necessary because evil is a reality and God will not allow any form of injustice to occur without dealing with it. We cannot comprehend eternal punishment in our natural minds but when we can find ways to relate it in ways we can understand as humans, I believe it helps us to understand the justice/righteousness of God against evil/sin.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"we knew that we were naked, and so we hid"
"here, have a skin then"

hell has been invented for those who want to become immortal and live in Valhalla; can't have winners without losers, right
10 minutes in the Lexicon will prove this

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I will also add, You may not like the idea of hell and I will admit it is a tough subject, but, would you be angrier knowing that someone hurt you, or someone you love and God just let them off with no consequences? You would then be angry at God for not showing justice. Hell is necessary because evil is a reality and God will not allow any form of injustice to occur without dealing with it. We cannot comprehend eternal punishment in our natural minds but when we can find ways to relate it in ways we can understand as humans, I believe it helps us to understand the justice/righteousness of God against evil/sin.

Sometimes we think we have to agree with bad doctrines we've been taught....

God says He will repay up to 7 times. But if a man disrespects people and lives to say ...21.....and then is tormented in hell forever for it...how does that work out to be just? What kind of reasoning makes that righteous?

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
My granddaughter is autistic.
She loves Jesus. Her mind has not been renewed but loving Jesus gives her much comfort.

We don't love Jesus and all our problems go away...including mental problems; whatever they may be.

We're just better off for knowing Him.
Maybe you expected too much.
Maybe you tried too hard.
So she should miss out, ah, you are missing the fact that Jesus can't heal her. But he can? But why doesn't he, doesn't she have enough faith?

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
fwiw to you "Jesus of Nazareth" may be easily interpreted "John Doe from Nowhere" once the language of Scripture is understood, and the keys are even written in

reading the Bible from a logical pov is virtually pointless, except that one at least gets the words down.
Basically your telling me not to use my brain, to turn off my rational thinking skills.