To hell with me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did I say he should lie? I didn't. As usual, you twist things to protect yourself after making an idiot of yourself. I don't think he should lie about how he feels. The truth about how he feels is what I hate and makes me nauseous.

Go ahead, look in the mirror.

Stranger
And is that how Jesus told us to deal with those things?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And is that how Jesus told us to deal with those things?

Jesus told us what? To question God? To question as to Who He Jesus is? To question that the written Word is the Word of God?

Did Jesus teach us this? Perversion.

Stranger

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, none of us KNOW. I believe what I think happens, and you believe what you think happens, but neither of us really KNOWS. If we really knew, we would have no problem saying, "If I am wrong, may my Salvation be removed." But, we know we dare not.

No my friend I don't "think" I know what happens, I know what happens, because the Lord has so stated it, and I have full confidence (faith) in the Word of the Lord that this is the truth.

Don't forget that, "Without faith (a faith based on facts we have proven by the Word of the Lord) it is impossible to please him."

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No my friend I don't "think" I know what happens, I know what happens, because the Lord has so stated it, and I have full confidence (faith) in the Word of the Lord that this is the truth.

Don't forget that, "Without faith (a faith based on facts we have proven by the Word of the Lord) it is impossible to please him."
I'm sorry, but you only have "full confidence" in the belief that you trust you have not misinterpreted the words you read. Just as each of us here who may all see something a little different in those very same words are confident that it was us who read those words correctly. And none of those beliefs of ours changes the fact that not a one of us really knows for sure. Only God knows for sure.

I am confident ONLY in that even if all our beliefs miss what God sent to us, He will accept each of our sincere beliefs as the best we could manage with what we understood. God never demands that we never dare be a bit wrong.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Although we like to pretend we know what is being spoken about in the Bible, none of us actually know what the afterlife (either WITH Jesus, or WITHOUT) will be like. It may well be that the loss of the hope of Jesus will be suffering such as we can't even imagine. I know that simply the inevitable death of loved ones has caused me more pain than any physical ache or burn I ever had.
(Revisited)

Not to diminish your grief in any way, I never lost anyone to death, but due to illness I've been separated from my only daughter all of her life. To me it was imperative that my faith in Jesus made me whole, so I would have the chance to be there for her. I watched on while other people raised her while I grew ever ill. Psychotic episode after episode pounded me until grew desperately weak, never getting better, never going forward. Faith was just never enough to fix my ruined mind, until I was confronted with the truth it never could, all it did was exasperate my mental condition.

I had to do what needed to be done, but it only got worse fast. Because I had leaned on the God of the Jew's for so long I couldn't reason thing's out without some biblical drivel. I had no moral compass for a few years, and had to rebuild my mind from the ground up. For about 6-8 months I had awful panic attack's thinking I'd end up in hell for rejecting my faith.

"Keep it simple" Said an old Christian friend, but when you've run down every road looking for a way to stay faithful without going into a psychotic fit, one just can't continue unless something gives.

Unless he gives.

Last edited:

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but you only have "full confidence" in the belief that you trust you have not misinterpreted the words you read. Just as each of us here who may all see something a little different in those very same words are confident that it was us who read those words correctly. And none of those beliefs of ours changes the fact that not a one of us really knows for sure. Only God knows for sure.

I am confident ONLY in that even if all our beliefs miss what God sent to us, He will accept each of our sincere beliefs as the best we could manage with what we understood. God never demands that we never dare be a bit wrong.

Thanks for the cordial reply, as always it is your prerogative to see things as you wish, and I respect that.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wow. Aussies don't know who St. Francis is!
No wonder your faith wasn't "whole".
Yes the RCC in Australia sure as hell do not want it's people to know about St Frances even in the Order it's discouraged to talk about him in depth.

If you talk about St Frances the RCC are worried that it will bring about true faith in Jesus Christ, they truly don't want anyone to join the Order. so it's dying out just like it is with Priest, they sure do not want the good people to become Priest, sadly they only want yes boys and wimps with no conviction.
And I had a uncle who taught at the seminary school for many years.

I can talk about St Frances a lot and most in the RCC only know him as the Patron Saint of Animals and I am like yes he is.
But that's not what his message is all about at all.
So they give me a stupid little smile when you mention St Frances.
So what has been done is they have made people just dismiss him, thinking he is just on about animals and such rot and they will just dismiss you as just some Greenie.

St Frances is one of the greatest Saints in the Church.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Yes the RCC in Australia sure as hell do not want it's people to know about St Frances even in the Order it's discouraged to talk about him in depth.

If you talk about St Frances the RCC are worried that it will bring about true faith in Jesus Christ, they truly don't want anyone to join the Order. so it's dying out just like it is with Priest, they sure do not want the good people to become Priest, sadly they only want yes boys and wimps with no conviction.

I can talk about St Frances a lot and most in the RCC only know him as the Patron Saint of Animals and I am like yes he is.
So what has been done is they have made people just dismiss him, thinking he is just on about animals and such rot and they will just dismiss you as just some Greenie.

"He who is first among you will be last"

Reactions: bbyrd009

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Agreed.
He said:

Lord make me an instrument of your peace
Where there is hatred let me sow love
Where there is injury, pardon
Where there is doubt, faith
Where there is despair, hope
Where there is darkness, light
And where there is sadness, joy

O divine master grant that I may
not so much seek to be consoled as to console
to be understood as to understand