To hell with me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Well sheesh!
YOU said we can't know what comes after life and Jesus plainly said what ...
so that means you don't believe Him.

As to believing anything....I don't know you D,
unless you tell me what you believe, I CAN'T KNOW!!
My dear friends, we are now God's children, but it is not yet clear what we shall become.

Reactions: faithfulness

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
imo it is wisdom being hidden from the wise, just like it says. The apostles were not religious types at all, baptizing ppl in the Jordan in a Theocracy is obv tantamount to sedition right
I think you'd be a better judge on that than I would.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yeah, it's probably better to be a bit unsure of salvation than think no matter what you believe God will accept you.

The later seems more humble, I.M.H.O

I agree. Too often Evangelicals trade in humility for something that is best left to God. People seem Assurance crazy these days...taking any form of assurance they can get...whether it is true or false. Just pick your fave verses.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let's see.....
Do you believe in an afterlife?

The Vikings believed in an afterlife....as did the ancient Egyptians...etc

We Christians believe in a spiritual life and more than that we actually enter into that life....that just keeps going on and on. That's why it's called eternal life. So then a believer in Jesus never dies. There is no "after" life....since we are IN that life or not. Eternity is always right now! :)

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
ok, i like the premise well enough, sure.
I'm not going to get into what Word is again here, and i don't know a better way to illustrate my point, my hmm, so i'm just going to let this go for now, but i would like to at least point out that we have different definitions of "Word of God" ok, and if you want to prove to ourselves what Word is we can go from here, if you like @djstav we can take it to another thread even
That's not a bad idea.

Reactions: bbyrd009

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Exactly, how.
Hey, I asked first.

I can't even remember who made that statement...
Let's just say I would like an explanation.
I always thought satan made people miserable...ESPECIALLY those in his abode.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The Vikings believed in an afterlife....as did the ancient Egyptians...etc

We Christians believe in a spiritual life and more than that we actually enter into that life....that just keeps going on and on. That's why it's called eternal life. So then a believer in Jesus never dies. There is no "after" life....since we are IN that life or not. Eternity is always right now! :)
I get what you mean.
So how should that question be phrased??

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, you think we could BE today what we WILL BE after we die and come immediately back to life?

As for the Christian, we are simply awaiting the redemption of these mortal bodies. That means that we need to move into the life of Jesus right now as that will determine what we can expect at the final redemption.

So then a holy person...will have the whole package....a new body, robes of righteousness AND a wedding garment. That's reserved for the 100 percenters....those who have given ALL. These walk in the same way that Jesus did on earth. These abide in Him. Their fruit is holy.

For those who have been faithful but have not moved into the eternal life but yet have been influenced and informed by it...they will get a new body, robes of righteousness....but NOT receive the wedding garment.

Those who have not been faithful and yet still believed although in their works they have not been a good witness of the truth...these will get a new body.....but will remain naked...

So we need to be further clothed in righteousness...by faith AND faithfulness.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
As for the Christian, we are simply awaiting the redemption of these mortal bodies. That means that we need to move into the life of Jesus right now as that will determine what we can expect at the final redemption.

So then a holy person...will have the whole package....a new body, robes of righteousness AND a wedding garment. That's reserved for the 100 percenters....those who have given ALL. These walk in the same way that Jesus did on earth. These abide in Him. Their fruit is holy.

For those who have been faithful but have not moved into the eternal life but yet have been influenced and informed by it...they will get a new body, robes of righteousness....but NOT receive the wedding garment.

Those who have not been faithful and yet still believed although in their works they have not been a good witness of the truth...these will get a new body.....but will remain naked...

So we need to be further clothed in righteousness...by faith AND faithfulness.
Wow. YOU sound like more of a legalist and pharisee than I do !
So if we don't do enough work or the right work we remain "naked"?
And what does that mean anyway?

I've never heard what you preach E, and I've heard lots of stuff.
Maybe the Catholics are right...spend some time in purgatory and then get the whole deal.