To hell with me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The distinction here is made between faith based upon the Word of God, which we have proven for ourselves and “blind faith” which is something commonly practiced by the majority of professed Christians most of whom tend to believe anything stated, which is held by the majority (orthodoxy), and or which their friends and peers believe (especially if it comes from their Minister), this without any sure evidence, facts (biblical facts) in support, facts which they themselves have proven by the word of God, that is not faith that’s just blind credulity, gullibility, and...

"Without faith (true faith) it is impossible to please God."
We very much need to be Berean-like.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is an all-consuming fire
But He will only consume those things which are combustible: Wood, hay and stubble. The gold, silver and precious stones will simply be purified or cleaned up. What is it we are? Are we or do we have any dead wood, hay and stubble? If those things are burned from us, will anything be left? Of what do we consist? Something hopefully that can stand the fire.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Find out why he was called Francesco.
Read about the voice he heard from God telling him to "build his church".
Which church did God mean??

(and forget about the dumb story about the wolf).
There is a massage in the story of the Wolf, but one must read the true story and have a good understanding of where Frances is coming from.

Sadly that the now Pope called himself Pope Francis, I had great hopes of him at first due to the Name, but then I found this Pope to be the worst ever, who is only working to destroy the Church and who is very much loved by the media and people in Governments, that type are all the same underhanded type of people who worked to murder Jesus and destroy our Salvation, for only cunning of there Slavery to Sin.

St Francis of Assisi saved the Church back in his day and Pope Francis not only has destroyed the RCC but all Christian Church's with his Satanic rubbish, for one, straight up claiming Islam to be the same God as Christianity is sacrilege and blasphemy, he would not of faired well saying that years ago, when people actually knew what Jesus Christ was all about.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Because in such a separation without God, heat is the nature. We can enjoy our climate simply because earth is God-made environment. The "nature" in our concept is not actually a nature. A true nature without God's maintenance is full of heat and energy. So separation from God simply means returning to the true nature.
I don't know how you could know that, you're just being creative.

Reactions: bbyrd009

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
God does not "inflict pain." It is people who inflict pain, and God who judges righteously, saying "Amen", meaning: So be it.

In other words, God says "I am." But it is people who choose and say for themselves who they are.
But you don't really know, do you.

Can one person here say they know the complete mind of God, and his plans?

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
But He will only consume those things which are combustible: Wood, hay and stubble. The gold, silver and precious stones will simply be purified or cleaned up. What is it we are? Are we or do we have any dead wood, hay and stubble? If those things are burned from us, will anything be left? Of what do we consist? Something hopefully that can stand the fire.
You sound doubtful of your own salvation, maybe.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
The distinction here is made between faith based upon the Word of God, which we have proven for ourselves and “blind faith” which is something commonly practiced by the majority of professed Christians most of whom tend to believe anything stated, which is held by the majority (orthodoxy), and or which their friends and peers believe (especially if it comes from their Minister), this without any sure evidence, facts (biblical facts) in support, facts which they themselves have proven by the word of God. That is not faith that’s just blind credulity, gullibility, and...

Can anyone really know they have a "True faith" What do you test your faith on to know is actually true?

Didn't Jesus state that with a "True faith" you can cast out demon's, heal all manner of infirmities, open the eye's of the blind and deaf, ect ect.

?

I don't see anything like that, rather it's all religious talk.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
"the Wolf" Ahhaha! Yes, I read all of the above...His mom was from France, dad Italian...His real name is...I forgot but Francesco somehow means "French"? And the nickname stuck!

Oh yes, and the stigmata supposedly from the dream/voice/vision? he had in prison...i wonder about that one.
In Italian:
Francia ---- France
Francesco --- The one from France

And re the stigmata....Padre Pio also had them and they were verified.
I believe only in the hands...can't really remember.

Reactions: Nancy

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
God does not "inflict pain." It is people who inflict pain, and God who judges righteously, saying "Amen", meaning: So be it.

In other words, God says "I am." But it is people who choose and say for themselves who they are.
How are people in hell inflicting pain on people in hell?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
No one knows :) Not you, me, or anyone else. I repeat, no one knows.
Well D,
Here's the problem...
You have given up Christianity, which means you don't believe anything Jesus said.

For we Christians it's like this:
We have to decide if Jesus was a lunatic, a liar or the one true Messiah or God.

I've come to the decision, based on reasonable facts, that Jesus was the Messiah God.

So if I believe that, then I also have to believe everything He said.
If I believe everything He said, I have to believe that there's a good place after death and a bad place after death. How we live our lives here will continue in the thereafter...those born of above will go to be with the one above, and those who do the bidding of the evil one will go with the evil one.

Two choices.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
There is a massage in the story of the Wolf, but one must read the true story and have a good understanding of where Frances is coming from.

Sadly that the now Pope called himself Pope Francis, I had great hopes of him at first due to the Name, but then I found this Pope to be the worst ever, who is only working to destroy the Church and who is very much loved by the media and people in Governments, that type are all the same underhanded type of people who worked to murder Jesus and destroy our Salvation, for only cunning of there Slavery to Sin.

St Francis of Assisi saved the Church back in his day and Pope Francis not only has destroyed the RCC but all Christian Church's with his Satanic rubbish, for one, straight up claiming Islam to be the same God as Christianity is sacrilege and blasphemy, he would not of faired well saying that years ago, when people actually knew what Jesus Christ was all about.
What's the message? That it's better to have a friend than an enemy?
There's some truth to the story I'm sure...but that wolves talk? No. You tell that story to kids today and they also won't believe anything else you tell them about Jesus and our faith. No need to embellish.

I agree about the Pope. But he's still so loved by everyone here...well not everyone (never say every),,,MOST persons here are in love with him. That Piazza down in Rome, Piazza San Pietro, is always filled to the brim. When bus tours take off from here they're always full. This was not true with Benedict.

I also agree fully with your last paragraph.

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Well D,
Here's the problem...
You have given up Christianity, which means you don't believe anything Jesus said.

For we Christians it's like this:
We have to decide if Jesus was a lunatic, a liar or the one true Messiah or God.

I've come to the decision, based on reasonable facts, that Jesus was the Messiah God.

So if I believe that, then I also have to believe everything He said.
If I believe everything He said, I have to believe that there's a good place after death and a bad place after death. How we live our lives here will continue in the thereafter...those born of above will go to be with the one above, and those who do the bidding of the evil one will go with the evil one.

Two choices.
Who say's I don't believe anything, sheesh!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Who say's I don't believe anything, sheesh!
Well sheesh!
YOU said we can't know what comes after life and Jesus plainly said what ...
so that means you don't believe Him.

As to believing anything....I don't know you D,
unless you tell me what you believe, I CAN'T KNOW!!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The distinction here is made between faith based upon the Word of God, which we have proven for ourselves and “blind faith” which is something commonly practiced by the majority of professed Christians most of whom tend to believe anything stated, which is held by the majority (orthodoxy), and or which their friends and peers believe (especially if it comes from their Minister), this without any sure evidence, facts (biblical facts) in support, facts which they themselves have proven by the word of God. That is not faith that’s just blind credulity, gullibility, and...

ok, i like the premise well enough, sure.
I'm not going to get into what Word is again here, and i don't know a better way to illustrate my point, my hmm, so i'm just going to let this go for now, but i would like to at least point out that we have different definitions of "Word of God" ok, and if you want to prove to ourselves what Word is we can go from here, if you like @djstav we can take it to another thread even

djstav

Sep 9, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
Well sheesh!
YOU said we can't know what comes after life and Jesus plainly said what ...
so that means you don't believe Him.

As to believing anything....I don't know you D,
unless you tell me what you believe, I CAN'T KNOW!!
I believe in many thing's, but I can't say that what I believe is 100% proven.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Pope Francis not only has destroyed the RCC but all Christian Church's with his Satanic rubbish, for one, straight up claiming Islam to be the same God as Christianity is sacrilege and blasphemy, he would not of faired well saying that years ago, when people actually knew what Jesus Christ was all about.
give 'em hell Pope Francis, you are the man bro, the Colin Kaepernick of the religious world lol. First pope i ever heard confess in public