To live is to sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I sometimes think I am better off dead. I don't mean to attract sympathy by saying that or to be controversial.
I just feel despairing of avoiding sin. It's impossible to lead a sinless life. Even with God's grace.
To live is to sin is my conclusion. To want to live is to sin even. Why do I want to live? To achieve ambitious goals? To seek entertainment and pleasure? Even to gain status by showing others how I've discovered the truth in Jesus Christ? To prove my superior intellect? To trade insults with people online?
The list goes on. Life is the battleground of Satan versus Jesus in our hearts. And Satan at least wins some of the time. Once we are dead, the struggle ceases. No more conflict. No more opportunities to sin. Peace.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I sometimes think I am better off dead. I don't mean to attract sympathy by saying that or to be controversial.
I just feel despairing of avoiding sin. It's impossible to lead a sinless life. Even with God's grace.
To live is to sin is my conclusion. To want to live is to sin even. Why do I want to live? To achieve ambitious goals? To seek entertainment and pleasure? Even to gain status by showing others how I've discovered the truth in Jesus Christ? To prove my superior intellect? To trade insults with people online?
The list goes on. Life is the battleground of Satan versus Jesus in our hearts. And Satan at least wins some of the time. Once we are dead, the struggle ceases. No more conflict. No more opportunities to sin. Peace.
'I am the vine, you are the branches....stay connected for without me you can do nothing'....Jesus
The promise is for power not only from sins consequences but from its power while we live and breath. Staying connected is critical. Crying out for strength to recognise the accusing voices and to put them behind us is a vital as breathing.

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'I am the vine, you are the branches....stay connected for without me you can do nothing'....Jesus
The promise is for power not only from sins consequences but from its power while we live and breath. Staying connected is critical. Crying out for strength to recognise the accusing voices and to put them behind us is a vital as breathing.
So you are winning the battle? Satan is losing in your life?

Reactions: DNB

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we serve God thru testifying of him or generally taking care of the poor, etc we lose the temptations of the world and sin less. I also watch daily Mass which also helps.

Last edited:

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have helped the homeless a lot and the mentally ill (sick), I get a lot of peace and love from the Holy Spirit from that, see Galatians 5:22-25.
I think this is an important point. Because many posters on Christian forums are not involved in volunteer work. Me included. That means our faith may be superficial at best.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I know the feeling. I also know the Lord knows the heart, and HE knows the remorse of a pure and righteous heart. Your sins have been washed away in the blood of the Lamb and your remorse is the result of a pure and undefiled heart filled with the grace of God in whom you trust. You are truly blessed and can freely rest in the love of Christ. Fret not, simply trust and He will keep you safe all the days of your life. God bless.

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I know the feeling. I also know the Lord knows the heart, and HE knows the remorse of a pure and righteous heart. Your sins have been washed away in the blood of the Lamb and your remorse is the result of a pure and undefiled heart filled with the grace of God in whom you trust. You are truly blessed and can freely rest in the love of Christ. Fret not, simply trust and He will keep you safe all the days of your life. God bless.
I feel your sincerity in the tone of this post. You must be a blessing to many posters here.

Reactions: Cooper

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did you learn all this by the age of 21? It took me 25 years after becoming a Christian to realize this. I will tell you, though, the sinning part does get better. You will get victory over sin. Most likely through suffering, but that's my opinion because that seems to be how it works best for me.

But anyway, I think the truth of what you're saying is why the human race has to end, not be reformed in this present age. The corruption that entered into the human race through Adam goes to the very core of this creation. The only answer is to completely annihilate it and establish a new creation. Which is the hope of every true believer.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this is an important point. Because many posters on Christian forums are not involved in volunteer work. Me included. That means our faith may be superficial at best.
We are to give what we have... What is that? Where was Peter on this?

"Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk." Acts 3:6

No money? But we all have time and we all are able to pray and we all are able to encourage other... and so forth.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also consider Paul's words:

"And why stand we in jeopardy every hour?
"I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily." I Cor 15:30-31

How does one die daily? For me each morning my first task is to come before God with nothing in my hands and strive also to empty my heart so that He may fill it as He will. I read my Bible and talk to Him during that first hour or two and then proceed with my day. I have not skipped that morning session with God in years. When for some reason I have had to run late on it, I knew the difference and had to make the time for it ASAP. Give God the glory!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Definitely not the last one, LoL. Our reaction to sin reveals if we are truly Christian or not. The sinner just sins; if they can get away with it, they are great with it. The Christian feels torment over it, feeling the conviction of the Holy Spirit, and will never be at peace with it until it is finally dealt with.

And I think God uses it to keep us in a place of needing Him, and in a state of humility. We are not called into a relationship where we are with Him o some equal basis who do not need Him. We are called to come to Him as children, having weakness and needing help. And what's more, we are called to be humble towards one another, and accepting of each other in spite of the failings, thinking of others as better than ourselves. So sinfulness actually serves some good purposes in the life of a Christian if they will humble themselves before a Mighty and Merciful God.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi brother, and welcome,
Just because one does not volunteer somewhere does not make your faith superficial. Especially if you are working, as no matter what we put our hands to, it is for Him. It's not what we "do" that saves us, it's that we are saved that we "do". Ask God to open opportunities for you if you feel the call too volunteer somewhere, ask for a heart for it and, you will be more blessed than the people you are helping! Amen.
My suggestion (for what it's worth) would be to not beat yourself up bro. Your words show that you hate sin as we all should. I do not believe in sinless perfection but, as we grow in Him and submit all things to Him, we WILL sin less and less. Don't despair brother, He has you.
I think we can all agree with you that to be with The Lord WILL be better but, while still on this earth, He has a purpose for us. Prayer will reveal it.
I am praying for you brother, that your spirits will be raised to soaring heights and that He will reveal Himself and His plan for your life, amen!
"Seek ye first..."
In His Name,
nancy

saintiaint

Mar 4, 2021
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We are to give what we have... What is that? Where was Peter on this?

"Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk." Acts 3:6

No money? But we all have time and we all are able to pray and we all are able to encourage other... and so forth.
Sorry but I'm relatively new to Christianity and the Bible.