To live is to sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Extent"
So some will be more rewarded than others.
So there is a hierarchy of reward.
Yes, rewards for successful labor in the field and building of God vary one individual to another depending on the calling, the gifting, and the effort and effectiveness of the laborer. The reward is the presence in the kingdom of the person you labored over.

Last edited:
Reactions: saintiaint

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sometimes think I am better off dead. I don't mean to attract sympathy by saying that or to be controversial.
I just feel despairing of avoiding sin. It's impossible to lead a sinless life. Even with God's grace.
To live is to sin is my conclusion. To want to live is to sin even. Why do I want to live? To achieve ambitious goals? To seek entertainment and pleasure? Even to gain status by showing others how I've discovered the truth in Jesus Christ? To prove my superior intellect? To trade insults with people online?
The list goes on. Life is the battleground of Satan versus Jesus in our hearts. And Satan at least wins some of the time. Once we are dead, the struggle ceases. No more conflict. No more opportunities to sin. Peace.

That is a good foundation for what we believe and how to overcome by him who is the overcomer in you. Somewhere in our understanding we see Christ as all and the cross. Those great words "I'm crucified with Christ."

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sometimes think I am better off dead. I don't mean to attract sympathy by saying that or to be controversial.
I just feel despairing of avoiding sin. It's impossible to lead a sinless life. Even with God's grace.
To live is to sin is my conclusion. To want to live is to sin even. Why do I want to live? To achieve ambitious goals? To seek entertainment and pleasure? Even to gain status by showing others how I've discovered the truth in Jesus Christ? To prove my superior intellect? To trade insults with people online?
The list goes on. Life is the battleground of Satan versus Jesus in our hearts. And Satan at least wins some of the time. Once we are dead, the struggle ceases. No more conflict. No more opportunities to sin. Peace.
Yes, we all sin, even though some on forums deny that they sin. And we can be forgiven by God's mercy and the Blood of Jesus. But true Christians are merciful and help others in many ways. But we still sin.
Matthew 5:7 (NKJV)
7 Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy.

Thank you Lord Jesus!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yes, there will be rewards...of what kind and or level, dunno!
Your reward for your labor in the building of God is every stone you helped establish in that building who successfully passes through the final judgment at the end of the age......

19For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you? 1 Thessalonians 2:19

14 ...you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your reward for your labor in the building of God is every stone you helped establish in that building who successfully passes through the final judgment at the end of the age......

19For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you? 1 Thessalonians 2:19

14 ...you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus.
Yes, genuine "good works" that further His message and bless others. All else burns up if we seek a crown, there's your reward. :)

Reactions: soul man