Tongues, a SIGN to the UNBELIEVER

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What type of SIGN is tongues to the UNBELIEVER

• A positive sign as a method of preaching

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • A negative sign of judgment

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
s-l400.jpg

Review:
I have been a Pentecostal/Charismatic for 50 years. I have read most books on the gift of tongues. I have found this book the best I have ever read. It is well researched, and she uses a good combination of Scriptures to build a very strong foundation for what she has discovered, both through the New Testament and through hers and others experiences in how the gift has been used in Bible times and in the modern day. I was really blessed by reading this book, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to know the truth about the gift of tongues and how it is a sign, and especially for those who are seeking for the gift. Buy it! Read it! You will definitely not be disappointed. And this is coming from one who has an M.A. in English Literature, and an M.Div, and who is very discriminating when it comes to receiving literature on the gifts of the Spirit, especially tongues! Also, she has written other books, and if they are as well researched and Scriptural as this one, I intend to buy them as well!
Thanks for this information. I don't do a lot of book buying these days, but this sounds like one I'd like to read and have for reference. I've made note of the title and author.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Except your contempt for women teachers.

This is a lie as you well know because I have said more than once that women can teach and do...other women. That is why I support my wife teaching. She has no desire and makes no attempt to teach men, only women, and children which she knows she is called to do and is in keeping with scripture.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, and when it was built where it was, don't think for a minute He didn't foresee my need for it. You are confusing answered prayer with miracles. No, it didn't appear out of thin air. LOL
I am not confusing anything. You gave the distinct impression the Garage did appear out of thin air.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have the office of teacher, with all the gifts and manifestations except the gifts of diverse kinds of tongues and interpretation of tongues.

This is true. But you don't give your own wisdom, etc. you repeat what God says to you, and you must first be given the ability to hear Him. You're nit picking.

It is unclear what you are referring to...

What miracles?

It was James 1:5

s-l400.jpg

Review:
I have been a Pentecostal/Charismatic for 50 years. I have read most books on the gift of tongues. I have found this book the best I have ever read. It is well researched, and she uses a good combination of Scriptures to build a very strong foundation for what she has discovered, both through the New Testament and through hers and others experiences in how the gift has been used in Bible times and in the modern day. I was really blessed by reading this book, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to know the truth about the gift of tongues and how it is a sign, and especially for those who are seeking for the gift. Buy it! Read it! You will definitely not be disappointed. And this is coming from one who has an M.A. in English Literature, and an M.Div, and who is very discriminating when it comes to receiving literature on the gifts of the Spirit, especially tongues! Also, she has written other books, and if they are as well researched and Scriptural as this one, I intend to buy them as well!

I didn't ask you what books you had read. I asked you what books have you written. You do know there is a difference, don't you?

And how many are most books? I am interested to hear as I was at one time National Sales Manager of a Christian book company so I know that scene very well.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't ask you what books you had read. I asked you what books have you written. You do know there is a difference, don't you?

And how many are most books? I am interested to hear as I was at one time National Sales Manager of a Christian book company so I know that scene very well.

I know the difference between read and written. The Hidden Mystery Behind Tongues is my first book that I WROTE.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a lie as you well know because I have said more than once that women can teach and do...other women. That is why I support my wife teaching. She has no desire and makes no attempt to teach men, only women, and children which she knows she is called to do and is in keeping with scripture.

So when a woman prophesies, she must only prophesy in front of women?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have a forest on your shoulder or just a tiny wood chip? :rolleyes:

That is the impression that this quoted post of yours gives.

No, because I know the truth. But that is what marksman believes. What about you? Do you believe Paul's comment to Timothy is law, that a woman cannot teach a man, period?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, because I know the truth. But that is what marksman believes. What about you? Do you believe Paul's comment to Timothy is law, that a woman cannot teach a man, period?
Do you believe that anything that is said in scripture is for our instruction and benefit?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I know the difference between read and written. The Hidden Mystery Behind Tongues is my first book that I WROTE.
Never heard of it and every book we sold passed across my desk first.

After looking through the internet, I found a book by that title by an L. M. Pope. Is that you because if it is I noticed the cover hid the fact that you are a female author, you are referred to as L.M.Pope and elsewhere as Linda Pope Lowe, so if that is you might it suggest a spit personality?

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never heard of it and every book we sold passed across my desk first.

After looking through the internet, I found a book by that title by an L. M. Pope. Is that you because if it is I noticed the cover hid the fact that you are a female author, you are referred to as L.M.Pope and elsewhere as Linda Pope Lowe, so if that is you might it suggest a spit personality?

My picture is on the back, and it is not disguised with a beard.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Only what is inspired

2Timothy 3:16 EVERYTHING in the Scriptures is God's Word. All of it (please note, all of it, not some of it) is useful for teaching and helping people and for correcting them and showing them how to live.

2Timothy 3:16 ALL SCRIPTURE is God-breathed and profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, (please note all scripture, not some scripture)

2Timothy 3:16 every Writing is God-breathed, and profitable for teaching, for conviction, for setting aright, for instruction that is in righteousness, (please note, every writing, not some writing)

2Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (please note all scripture, not some scripture)

I have quoted four different versions of the same verse so that you do not misunderstand selective quoting and the keyword is ALL, EVERYTHING, EVERY. In other words, there is no part of scripture that is not inspired. As a teacher, you should know that. The fact that you don't speak to me loud and clear. You are not a teacher. You only think you are.

As I have said, writing a book does not make you a teacher. And for the third time of asking, how many books are most books?

P.S. Jack Hayford is not the pope, so he is not infallible. I guess he made a mistake in your case.

Last edited: