Tongues, a SIGN to the UNBELIEVER

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What type of SIGN is tongues to the UNBELIEVER

• A positive sign as a method of preaching

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • A negative sign of judgment

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I will have a lot to learn until the day I die or get caught up into heaven. I guess that is why God decided to anoint me with the gift of teaching because I love learning and no matter how much I know there is still more to learn. Probably why I have over 1,000 books in my personal library and times when I read a book a week and sometimes when I read two or three and times when I reference several at a time when I am studying a particular topic. Add to that all the teaching magazines that I subscribe to and the teaching websites on the internet and the daily emails I get from other teachers in the body of Christ who acknowledge that I have been anointed to teach. And that is all before breakfast. After breakfast I.....

Oh, and I don't consider myself superior to others and I know more than they do with comments like you have a lot to learn.

Hell, that's some teacher for you!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hell, that's some teacher for you!
Thank you, brother. Despite what a certain person says, I am what I am because God through the Holy Spirit made me what I am. I claim no superiority or suggest in any way that others are inferior. Always it is a case of "He gave.." If he is not giving we don't have.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You don't have to believe me, or listen to me. I forgive you.

I would like to know if all your prayers are answered. Your answer will tell me if you are what you claim.

John 15:7
1 John 3:21-24
1 John 5:14-15

I am still waiting for an answer to my question about David Koresh. The fact that you won't or can't answer is another indication that you are not a teacher.

And the idea that you can forgive me for having a different view is quite sanctimonious and again indicates you are not a teacher. In addition to a spiritual anointing for teaching, I am a trained teacher with a post-grad degree from university and I know that people do not learn by telling them off and/or being sanctimonious.

It is you that has a lot to learn and the first thing you need to learn is that you do not exhibit the traits of a teacher.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am still waiting for an answer to my question about David Koresh. The fact that you won't or can't answer is another indication that you are not a teacher.

And the idea that you can forgive me for having a different view is quite sanctimonious and again indicates you are not a teacher. In addition to a spiritual anointing for teaching, I am a trained teacher with a post-grad degree from university and I know that people do not learn by telling them off and/or being sanctimonious.

It is you that has a lot to learn and the first thing you need to learn is that you do not exhibit the traits of a teacher.

What did you ask about David Koresh? Wasn't he the guy who thought he was Jesus, or something foolish like that? I have no idea why you mention him. Neither of us has anything in common with him.

What I forgive you for is your lack of any fruit of the Spirit towards me.

Last edited:

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What did you ask about David Koresh? Wasn't he the guy who thought he was Jesus, or something foolish like that? I forgive you for your lack of fruit of the Spirit towards me.
Your response shows that you do not care about what others are saying which means all that matters to you is what you say. So don't be so lazy. Look up my post that asked the question. #86

As for your "I forgive you for your lack of fruit of the Spirit towards me does that come under the heading of being self-righteous? I definitely think so.

"I would like to know if all your prayers are answered. Your answer will tell me if you are what you claim."

Will it? Then Paul isn't going to get much praise from you then.
2Co 12:7 And by the superabundance of the revelations, that I not be made arrogant, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan, that he might buffet me, that I not be made haughty. Beyond this, I entreated the Lord three times, that it depart from me.

And did it departs from him? NO.

So what does that make him? Or is that another question you can't or won't answer.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your response shows that you do not care about what others are saying which means all that matters to you is what you say. So don't be so lazy. Look up my post that asked the question. #86

As for your "I forgive you for your lack of fruit of the Spirit towards me does that come under the heading of being self-righteous? I definitely think so.

"I would like to know if all your prayers are answered. Your answer will tell me if you are what you claim."

Will it? Then Paul isn't going to get much praise from you then.
2Co 12:7 And by the superabundance of the revelations, that I not be made arrogant, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan, that he might buffet me, that I not be made haughty. Beyond this, I entreated the Lord three times, that it depart from me.

And did it departs from him? NO.

So what does that make him? Or is that another question you can't or won't answer.

So you are saying that your prayers are not answered because Paul's weren't? Was John lying three times? What should Paul have done? Do you know? I do. How can you always receive what you pray for?

Last edited:

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So you are saying that your prayers are not answered because Paul's weren't? Was John lying three times? What should Paul have done? Do you know? I do. How can you always receive what you pray for?

If you are a teacher you do not seem to understand scripture. You said you judged me by the answers to prayer I get. I said, in that case, Paul is not looking good because he asked God three times to remove a thorn in the flesh and three times the answer was no. In other words, he did not get his prayers answered so he is not highly regarded by you because of this.

And you haven't answered my question about David Koresh.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are a teacher you do not seem to understand scripture. You said you judged me by the answers to prayer I get. I said, in that case, Paul is not looking good because he asked God three times to remove a thorn in the flesh and three times the answer was no. In other words, he did not get his prayers answered so he is not highly regarded by you because of this.

I asked you what he should have done. What would you have done?

For the first 30 years of my going to church I never once received an answer to prayer. Then I repented and got filled with the Spirit and immediately I heard God's voice, and have been hearing it ever since. That is how 100% of my prayers have been answered ever since 1977. So does that give you a clue what Paul should have done, seeing as he obviously could hear God's voice too like I can? Can you?

Reactions: amadeus

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I asked you what he should have done. What would you have done?

For the first 30 years of my going to church I never once received an answer to prayer. Then I repented and got filled with the Spirit and immediately I heard God's voice, and have been hearing it ever since. That is how 100% of my prayers have been answered ever since 1977. So does that give you a clue what Paul should have done, seeing as he obviously could hear God's voice too like I can? Can you?

I still am waiting for your answer to my question about David Koresh.

You are very keen to subject everything to your own personal experience and using it as a yardstick for everyone else. If you were a teacher you would not do that as a teacher always tries to remain objective in what he teachers.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I still am waiting for your answer to my question about David Koresh.

You are very keen to subject everything to your own personal experience and using it as a yardstick for everyone else. If you were a teacher you would not do that as a teacher always tries to remain objective in what he teachers.

I already said he was a nut job. What more do you need. He did not keep the commandments of Jesus so was not pleasing in his sight. He wasn't a Christian so whatever he thought was not from God.

We have different styles of teaching. Don't base yours on mine, and I won't point out where you are lacking.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I already said he was a nut job. What more do you need. He did not keep the commandments of Jesus so was not pleasing in his sight. He wasn't a Christian so whatever he thought was not from God.

We have different styles of teaching. Don't base yours on mine, and I won't point out where you are lacking.

At last, an answer to my question. He thought he was a Christian and a special one at that so how do you deal with him claiming he heard from God as you do.

I don't and have no intention of basing my style on yours because if I did, I would have to ignore much of what the scripture says.

And your posts are full of comments pointing out where I am lacking so don't kid yourself.

Comment one. seeing as he obviously could hear God's voice too like I can? Can you?

Comment two. What should Paul have done? Do you know? I do

Comment three. What I forgive you for is your lack of any fruit of the Spirit towards me.

Comment four. I'll be interested to see in the future if you make any more human errors,

Comment five. you just have a lot to learn.

Comment six. I would like to know if all your prayers are answered. Your answer will tell me if you are what you claim.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At last, an answer to my question. He thought he was a Christian and a special one at that so how do you deal with him claiming he heard from God as you do.

I don't and have no intention of basing my style on yours because if I did, I would have to ignore much of what the scripture says.

And your posts are full of comments pointing out where I am lacking so don't kid yourself.

Comment one. seeing as he obviously could hear God's voice too like I can? Can you?

Comment two. What should Paul have done? Do you know? I do

Comment three. What I forgive you for is your lack of any fruit of the Spirit towards me.

Comment four. I'll be interested to see in the future if you make any more human errors,

Comment five. you just have a lot to learn.

Comment six. I would like to know if all your prayers are answered. Your answer will tell me if you are what you claim.

See, you don't answer my questions, and they are Biblical. David Koresh wasn't even a Christian so questions about him is a little off the wall, like apples and oranges. He was a con artist. So if he said he heard from God, which I don't know if he said that or not, then by his fruit you can tell he was either lying or hearing demons.

We seem to be too different kinds of teachers in the Church today. You have a love and a passion for God's word so have gone to school, gotten degrees and have a library of books. You've earned your right to be a teacher in your denomination. You could be a pastor. But when asked about those three verses about answered prayer, you balk. Why? Haven't you been given any of the hearing gifts of the Holy Spirit in 1 Cor. 12 to accurately teach His Own Word? Or do you just depend on reading what others dream up and publish, but may not hear God's Spirit any more than you do?

I don't have a degree so I am not a teacher by your standards, though my library is overflowing. I'm only a teacher because that office is what God spoke to me and told me He was giving to me. Pastor Jack agreed to be the one to anoint me because he knows me as having the gift of prophecy and trusts what God had told me. I gave Pastor Jack many words over the years of the visions and words I had gotten for our congregation, then he would pass them on to the church. Besides, I don't have the natural gift of speaking as he does, but only of writing what God gives me, so I stick to writing books of what the Spirit, Himself, teaches me. As for answered prayer, God is true to His word and gives me what I pray for. However, I NEVER pray until He tells me WHAT to pray, and it comes to pass immediately. That is what Paul should have done. Wait on the Lord. Then he would not have prayed amiss. However, I also believe in James 1:5. When I have a question I'll ask God and the answer comes very quickly because of our relationship. This is what Jesus was doing in the Garden of Gethsemane. He didn't get a 'no' answer to prayer; He got a 'no' answer to His question. That may be what Paul was doing. Just asking a question if these people could be removed, or cursed even as he's done before in handing people over to Satan. That happens still and I have found I have to be careful what I say. That's a story on its own.

Last edited:

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
See, you don't answer my questions, and they are Biblical. David Koresh wasn't even a Christian so questions about him is a little off the wall, like apples and oranges. He was a con artist. So if he said he heard from God, which I don't know if he said that or not, then by his fruit you can tell he was either lying or hearing demons.

We seem to be too different kinds of teachers in the Church today. You have a love and a passion for God's word so have gone to school, gotten degrees and have a library of books. You've earned your right to be a teacher in your denomination. You could be a pastor. But when asked about those three verses about answered prayer, you balk. Why? Haven't you been given any of the hearing gifts of the Holy Spirit in 1 Cor. 12 to accurately teach His Own Word? Or do you just depend on reading what others dream up and publish, but may not hear God's Spirit any more than you do?

I don't have a degree so I am not a teacher by your standards, though my library is overflowing. I'm only a teacher because that office is what God spoke to me and told me He was giving to me. Pastor Jack agreed to be the one to anoint me because he knows me as having the gift of prophecy and trusts what God had told me. I gave Pastor Jack many words over the years of the visions and words I had gotten for our congregation, then he would pass them on to the church. Besides, I don't have the natural gift of speaking as he does, but only of writing what God gives me, so I stick to writing books of what the Spirit, Himself, teaches me. As for answered prayer, God is true to His word and gives me what I pray for. However, I NEVER pray until He tells me WHAT to pray, and it comes to pass immediately. That is what Paul should have done. Wait on the Lord. Then he would not have prayed amiss. However, I also believe in James 1:5. When I have a question I'll ask God and the answer comes very quickly because of our relationship. This is what Jesus was doing in the Garden of Gethsemane. He didn't get a 'no' answer to prayer; He got a 'no' answer to His question. That may be what Paul was doing. Just asking a question if these people could be removed, or cursed even as he's done before in handing people over to Satan. That happens still and I have found I have to be careful what I say. That's a story on its own.

What you consider biblical ain't necessarily what I consider biblical. Another case of interpretation by you based on what YOU experience.

"...too different kind of teachers..." Difficult for me to accept you as a teacher when you can't even spell or use a spell checker.

I haven't earned the right to be a teacher in my denomination for the simple reason I was anointed by God, not my denomination which by the way, I don't belong to.

I cannot be a pastor (shepherd) because I haven't been anointed to be a pastor.

What hearing gifts? have you made them up to give you credence?

Haven't you been given any of the hearing gifts of the Holy Spirit in 1 Cor. 12 to accurately teach His Own Word? Or do you just depend on reading what others dream up and publish, but may not hear God's Spirit any more than you do? Another snide remark intended to claim superiority over me.

You are only a teacher of women and I doubt that because of the things that mark you out as not being a teacher.

If you have the gift of prophecy, why are you claiming to be a teacher? They are two different ministries.

As I have not seen a single one of your books, what books have you written?

So you are superior to Paul now. Such a crass pomposity.

So give me some examples of these immediate answers to prayer...if you can.

David Koresh claimed to be a Christian so what is the difference to your claims? I don't know you from a bar of soap so you could be a false teacher like David was. He didn't believe he was lying or hearing demons.

And why have you suddenly gone quiet on all the negative and nasty comments that you have made about me? No sorry or apologies? That speaks volumes.

And as you claim to be palsy walesy with Jack Hayford so how come he is in California and you are in Tennesee which are on opposite sides of the nation?

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And as you claim to be palsy walesy with Jack Hayford so how come he is in California and you are in Tennesee which are on opposite sides of the nation?

"...too different kind of teachers..." Difficult for me to accept you as a teacher when you can't even spell or use a spell checker.

LOL I guess because he didn't move here with me.

Did you know you spelled walsy and Tennessee wrong? "You must not be a teacher." LOL (Just kidding, but you have put yourself in a glass house).

If you have the gift of prophecy, why are you claiming to be a teacher? They are two different ministries.

You can have the gift of prophecy at times, but not have the office of a prophet that constantly moves in that gift.

What hearing gifts? have you made them up to give you credence?

Hearing Gifts:
Word of Wisdom
Word of Knowledge
Prophecy
Interpretation of Tongues

I do not have Interpretation of Tongues, nor the Gift of Diverse Kinds of Tongues. But the others of 1 Corinthians 12 and Mark 16, plus dreams and visions of Joel 2, God has worked through me. What about you? What gifts listed in these passages has God blessed you with?

So you are superior to Paul now. Such a crass pomposity.

No, I know what he did. And he was right. But it wasn't what you claimed, when I asked (which you have been afraid to answer) if your prayers are answered. He did the same thing as Jesus did in the Garden of Gethsemane. And I'm not claiming to be better than Jesus either. You're hilarious, really!

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So give me some examples of these immediate answers to prayer...if you can.

I remember once when I was traveling alone between Illinois and Arizona and had been having car trouble off and on for months, a strange grinding noise, but my mechanic could never find it as it never happened when he test drove my van. I was driving up a long steep grade, 30 miles outside Oklahoma City on Interstate 40, and all of a sudden there was that grinding sound again coming from underneath of my vehicle, but now louder than ever! I could feel the vibrations with my feet. Instantly I heard God whisper to pray John 15:7. "If you abide in Me and My words abide in you, you may ask what you will and it will be done for you." Ask for a "Ford dealership." So I prayed, Lord I am abiding in You, and Your words do abide in me so I ask for a Ford dealership right now! Just after I crested the hill, there was an off ramp, and a Ford dealership at the bottom of it, out in the middle of nowhere.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
LOL I guess because he didn't move here with me.

Did you know you spelled walsy and Tennessee wrong? "You must not be a teacher." LOL (Just kidding, but you have put yourself in a glass house).

You can have the gift of prophecy at times, but not have the office of a prophet that constantly moves in that gift.

Hearing Gifts:
Word of Wisdom
Word of Knowledge
Prophecy
Interpretation of Tongues

I do not have Interpretation of Tongues, nor the Gift of Diverse Kinds of Tongues. But the others of 1 Corinthians 12 and Mark 16, plus dreams and visions of Joel 2, God has worked through me. What about you? What gifts listed in these passages has God blessed you with?

No, I know what he did. And he was right. But it wasn't what you claimed, when I asked (which you have been afraid to answer) if your prayers are answered. He did the same thing as Jesus did in the Garden of Gethsemane. And I'm not claiming to be better than Jesus either. You're hilarious, really!

No, I didn't as I use Queens English, not American English and my spell checker came up with those spellings.

So which one are you? The gift or the office? You gave the impression it was the office.

What you call a hearing gift are giving gifts. You give a word of wisdom. You give a word of knowledge. You give a prophecy. You give an interpretation of tongues. All gifts are hearing as you have to hear what the Spirit is saying before you can use the gift.

You are the one that is hilarious as you claim all sorts of things then you say you didn't claim all sorts of things.'

My main gifting is that of a teacher. I have at times prophesied, used words of knowledge, words of wisdom, tongues, interpretations, healing, and miracles.

You know what he did? What did he do then? And you didn't tell me the books that you have written.

And you said Jack anointed you to be a teacher and now you are saying it is prophecy. That is what I call confusion of the highest order.

Last edited:

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I remember once when I was traveling alone between Illinois and Arizona and had been having car trouble off and on for months, a strange grinding noise, but my mechanic could never find it as it never happened when he test drove my van. I was driving up a long steep grade, 30 miles outside Oklahoma City on Interstate 40, and all of a sudden there was that grinding sound again coming from underneath of my vehicle, but now louder than ever! I could feel the vibrations with my feet. Instantly I heard God whisper to pray John 15:7. "If you abide in Me and My words abide in you, you may ask what you will and it will be done for you." Ask for a "Ford dealership." So I prayed, Lord I am abiding in You, and Your words do abide in me so I ask for a Ford dealership right now! Just after I crested the hill, there was an off ramp, and a Ford dealership at the bottom of it, out in the middle of nowhere.

Whether you prayed that or not the Ford dealership would have been there as it had been forever and a day.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So which one are you? The gift or the office? You gave the impression it was the office.

I have the office of teacher, with all the gifts and manifestations except the gifts of diverse kinds of tongues and interpretation of tongues.

What you call a hearing gift are giving gifts. You give a word of wisdom. You give a word of knowledge. You give a prophecy. You give an interpretation of tongues. All gifts are hearing as you have to hear what the Spirit is saying before you can use the gift.

This is true. But you don't give your own wisdom, etc. you repeat what God says to you, and you must first be given the ability to hear Him. You're nit picking.

You are the one that is hilarious as you claim all sorts of things then you say you didn't claim all sorts of things.'

It is unclear what you are referring to...

My main gifting is that of a teacher. I have at times prophesied, used words of knowledge, words of wisdom, tongues, interpretations, healing, and miracles.

What miracles?

You know what he did? What did he do then?

It was James 1:5

And you didn't tell me the books that you have written.

s-l400.jpg

Review:
I have been a Pentecostal/Charismatic for 50 years. I have read most books on the gift of tongues. I have found this book the best I have ever read. It is well researched, and she uses a good combination of Scriptures to build a very strong foundation for what she has discovered, both through the New Testament and through hers and others experiences in how the gift has been used in Bible times and in the modern day. I was really blessed by reading this book, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to know the truth about the gift of tongues and how it is a sign, and especially for those who are seeking for the gift. Buy it! Read it! You will definitely not be disappointed. And this is coming from one who has an M.A. in English Literature, and an M.Div, and who is very discriminating when it comes to receiving literature on the gifts of the Spirit, especially tongues! Also, she has written other books, and if they are as well researched and Scriptural as this one, I intend to buy them as well!

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whether you prayed that or not the Ford dealership would have been there as it had been forever and a day.

Yes, and when it was built where it was, don't think for a minute He didn't foresee my need for it. You are confusing answered prayer with miracles. No, it didn't appear out of thin air. LOL