Tongues, a SIGN to the UNBELIEVER

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What type of SIGN is tongues to the UNBELIEVER

• A positive sign as a method of preaching

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • A negative sign of judgment

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Everything I teach has been given to me in prophecy.

A person who has been given the ministry of teaching by Jesus does not need prophecy to teach. The scriptures says that the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth. It does not say that prophecy will lead you into all truth. In fact, it is easy to be led astray by prophecy.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Timothy 3:16 EVERYTHING in the Scriptures is God's Word. All of it (please note, all of it, not some of it) is useful for teaching and helping people and for correcting them and showing them how to live.

2Timothy 3:16 ALL SCRIPTURE is God-breathed and profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, (please note all scripture, not some scripture)

2Timothy 3:16 every Writing is God-breathed, and profitable for teaching, for conviction, for setting aright, for instruction that is in righteousness, (please note, every writing, not some writing)

2Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (please note all scripture, not some scripture)

I have quoted four different versions of the same verse so that you do not misunderstand selective quoting and the keyword is ALL, EVERYTHING, EVERY. In other words, there is no part of scripture that is not inspired. As a teacher, you should know that. The fact that you don't speak to me loud and clear. You are not a teacher. You only think you are.

As I have said, writing a book does not make you a teacher. And for the third time of asking, how many books are most books?

P.S. Jack Hayford is not the pope, so he is not infallible. I guess he made a mistake in your case.

No he didn't. And I don't blame you for taking Paul's words literally for today, even though they were situational, not for every era. Women today are educated (1 Cor. 14), and are not brought up with godesses ruling (to Timothy). Most people know that. But I respect where you are coming from. You can always put me on 'ignore' if you don't want to read what the Lord has taught me, thereby learning from me and sinning.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A person who has been given the ministry of teaching by Jesus does not need prophecy to teach. The scriptures says that the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth. It does not say that prophecy will lead you into all truth. In fact, it is easy to be led astray by prophecy.

I'm not sure if you are kidding or what, but it is the Holy Spirit that speaks the prophecy to God's servant. Prophecy is not just foretelling, but forthtelling. That is what God speaks to me - understanding not taught by man, but by the Spirit.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm not sure if you are kidding or what, but it is the Holy Spirit that speaks the prophecy to God's servant. Prophecy is not just foretelling, but forthtelling. That is what God speaks to me - understanding not taught by man, but by the Spirit.

Being autistic I don't kid. I have been anointed to teach by the risen Christ for many years now and not once have I needed prophecy to teach. My source of authority and information has always been the Holy Spirit. I have never needed to forthtell to be able to teach. My main source is the word of God as it is rich in information and instruction. Prophecy is irrelevant. The more I know his word the more I am able to teach.

As I am retired now, I spend a lot of my time studying the Word of God and books on the subject matter I am studying to get a broad perspective on it which I marinate and allow the Holy Spirit to sort out the good from the bad for me.

ATM I am studying Israel's place in end-time prophecy and its relationship to Islam. I don't know how long it will take as I keep reading according to to the revelation that is given to me by the Holy Spirit. I have spent some time studying up on life in the Middle East both from a Jewish and Palestinian perspective and I am reading a book ATM "The World Christ Knew" and one "Breaking the Jewish Code."

I have read about 10 books so far about the Palestinian world so I am getting a good idea about the truth of life in the Middle East. It has useful offshoots too as I have discovered that breaking of bread is not communion. It is a meal as the common greeting in those parts if two people meet on the street is "Why don't you come round this evening and break bread with me? meaning, "Come round and have a meal."

But of course you would know that if you are a teacher.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being autistic I don't kid. I have been anointed to teach by the risen Christ for many years now and not once have I needed prophecy to teach. My source of authority and information has always been the Holy Spirit. I have never needed to forthtell to be able to teach. My main source is the word of God as it is rich in information and instruction. Prophecy is irrelevant. The more I know his word the more I am able to teach.

As I am retired now, I spend a lot of my time studying the Word of God and books on the subject matter I am studying to get a broad perspective on it which I marinate and allow the Holy Spirit to sort out the good from the bad for me.

ATM I am studying Israel's place in end-time prophecy and its relationship to Islam. I don't know how long it will take as I keep reading according to to the revelation that is given to me by the Holy Spirit. I have spent some time studying up on life in the Middle East both from a Jewish and Palestinian perspective and I am reading a book ATM "The World Christ Knew" and one "Breaking the Jewish Code."

I have read about 10 books so far about the Palestinian world so I am getting a good idea about the truth of life in the Middle East. It has useful offshoots too as I have discovered that breaking of bread is not communion. It is a meal as the common greeting in those parts if two people meet on the street is "Why don't you come round this evening and break bread with me? meaning, "Come round and have a meal."

But of course you would know that if you are a teacher.

Remember when Peter quoted Joel 2 and said it was being fulfilled on the Day of Pentecost. That knowledge came from the Holy Spirit through His gift of forthtelling. So when I say I use prophecy, that is what I mean. Every scripture has only one meaning, yet denominations have taken scriptures out of context and now there are more than one meaning. The gift of Prophecy from the Spirit brings it back down to His meaning for me. That is what I prayed for - the meaning of every one of His Scriptures. So I know I can teach. And that is what He used to teaching me the hidden mystery behind tongues.

In your studies, what have you come up with regarding the UK leaving Europe. I believe it has end times revelance so it is not in the ten nations. What do you think?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In your studies, what have you come up with regarding the UK leaving Europe. I believe it has end times revelance so it is not in the ten nations. What do you think?

First off, the EU as the revived Roman Empire has no relevance at any time with respect to the Land of Babylon, as scripture speaks only of the four segments of the Grecian Empire after the death of Alexandra the Great's death, as being responsible for the scattering of the Nation of Israel to the four corners of the earth. Now it is true that one of the divisions of the Grecian Empire after the death of Alexandra the Great formed the Western Roman Empire that had dominance in the Mediterranean countries as well as countries that would include the British Isles or parts thereof.

The five segments of the Statue Prophecy as stated in Daniel 2, are, Babylon, the Medes and the Persians, the Greek Empire of Alexandra the Great and then the eastern division of the divided kingdom after the death of Alexandra the Great. Around the year 120 BC, Babylon was dismantled and all of their utility infrastructure pulled apart and carted off along with the people for a period of around two ages of time where the land of Babylon was left devastated and desolated, before it was remembered once more before God in 1926 AD and became the nation of Iraq, the fourth segment of the Statue. In 2003 AD the Iraq War began <Iraq War - Wikipedia> with the invasion of the Coalition of the Willing consisting of 20 countries initially, with Iraq being quickly overran within a few months, but insurgence forces prolonged the fighting on the ground in Iraq for around another 10 years. The Coalition of the Willing is the fifth segment of the statue prophecy and it is the time of these kings/national leaders, that A Rock, untouched by human hands will come down from heaven and strike the statue on its feet and cause it to be ground into chaff and dust to be blow away by the spirit/wind. At this this time, God will establish His everlasting Kingdom here on the earth and it will never be overcome by any other powers even though they will try.

The Eu was and still is Satan's ruse to hide the truth of the End Time Prophecies through Historical manipulation to disguise who the true actual players will be who will have a role to play in the fulfilment of the End Times prophecies.

Now the beasts of Daniel 7:1-12 are four wicked fallen heavenly hosts that by stirring up the sea of humanity manifested their chief characteristic within people groups, nations, kingdoms and empires that can be easily identified during certain periods as a manifestation of the respective beasts/fallen angels with those particular characteristics. The influence of the manifested beasts have ebbed and flowed over the centuries such that the influence of any one particular fallen angel/beast can be mapped out over the passing of time since the time of the Prophet Daniel.

The fourth beast has had the most consistent manifestation of itself within the Islamic religious cultures over a period of over 1400 years. The fourth beast and its manifestation in cahoots with the Little Horn/false Prophet, have been speaking out great things against the God of Abraham.

All of the above can be confirmed from Isaiah, Jeremiah Ezekiel, Daniel etc., for those who have been lead by the spirit to find the links between Biblical Prophecy and the historical record. Fortunately the historical accounts are revealing more of the Biblical End Time Prophecy unlocking / revealing more and more of what has been prophesised to happen as the End Times unfold further.

Unless you are teaching the above within the broader context of God's revealed word, then you are not a chosen or an anointed Biblical teacher.

If you were an anointed teacher then you would not have had to asked the question that you did quoted at the start of this post.

Shalom

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless you are teaching the above within the broader context of God's revealed word, then you are not a chosen or an anointed Biblical teacher.

If you were an anointed teacher then you would not have had to asked the question that you did quoted at the start of this post.

I know you believe you are guided by the Holy Spirit, but do you have any mature fruit of the Spirit, or is it just rotting on the ground. You've been very unkind.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I know you believe you are guided by the Holy Spirit, but do you have any mature fruit of the Spirit, or is it just rotting on the ground. You've been very unkind.

Mirror, oh mirror on the wall, who is the unkindest of all. LOL

If I had been in error in my post above, you would have presented a rebuttal against the argument that I had set out in my post. But you chose to make a disparaging remark against my character which is a very bright billboard sign for everybody to see that the person is not called by God to be a teacher.

Shalom

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mirror, oh mirror on the wall, who is the unkindest of all. LOL

If I had been in error in my post above, you would have presented a rebuttal against the argument that I had set out in my post. But you chose to make a disparaging remark against my character which is a very bright billboard sign for everybody to see that the person is not called by God to be a teacher.

Shalom

Who are you to say I'm not a teacher. That is rotten fruit. I actually liked your post and was going to say so, but then a demon had to raise its ugly head with your last comments. That is why I warned you about your rotten fruit stinking up the place.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who are you to say I'm not a teacher. That is rotten fruit. I actually liked your post and was going to say so, but then a demon had to raise its ugly head with your last comments. That is why I warned you about your rotten fruit stinking up the place.

So are you one of those ugly "spirit filled" American "Christians" who sees a demon behind every rock and tree and etc.? Who pray that God will stop the evil from coming to their door because they are living in fear, and also believes only their understanding is right? When I met them they were ten years behind in their understanding of God's world and what he wanted.

Shalom

PS: - I was writing about the above understanding around 10 plus years ago on a now defunct prophecy forum, and I believed that Satan caused deeply "religious Christians" to rise up against me and bring ridiculous charges against me wanting me to conform to their way of understanding. One of the two could list every nation/kingdom that he believed was associated with the beast manifestations that had chosen to live within the respective beasts dominion. Further back in the 80's people were telling me that I need to roll around the floor to receive the HS, but I wanted no part of that. When the spirit moved, it was very different and personal. Last year a SBC elderly gentleman wanted me to repeat his words to achieve salvation from his understanding and when I responded with an alternative scripture in parallel with his he became angry because he wanted to save me using his method, because I sign my comments and posts with Shalom. He believed that I was a Jew. Who know what is in my ancestry.

I do not claim that I am a teacher, but others tell me that I am because of what I tell them based on the scriptures. Sadly the indoctrination that they have received and their experiences are a blockage to what they will receive from God's word based on his truth.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you one of those ugly "spirit filled" American "Christians" who sees a demon behind every rock and tree and etc.? Who pray that God will stop the evil from coming to their door because they are living in fear, and also believes only their understanding is right? When I met them they were ten years behind in their understanding of God's world and what he wanted.

Shalom

PS: - I was writing about the above understanding around 10 plus years ago on a now defunct prophecy forum, and I believed that Satan caused deeply "religious Christians" to rise up against me and bring ridiculous charges against me wanting me to conform to their way of understanding. One of the two could list every nation/kingdom that he believed was associated with the beast manifestations that had chosen to live within the respective beasts dominion. Further back in the 80's people were telling me that I need to roll around the floor to receive the HS, but I wanted no part of that. When the spirit moved, it was very different and personal. Last year a SBC elderly gentleman wanted me to repeat his words to achieve salvation from his understanding and when I responded with an alternative scripture in parallel with his he became angry because he wanted to save me using his method, because I sign my comments and posts with Shalom. He believed that I was a Jew. Who know what is in my ancestry.

I do not claim that I am a teacher, but others tell me that I am because of what I tell them based on the scriptures. Sadly the indoctrination that they have received and their experiences are a blockage to what they will receive from God's word based on his truth.

Frankly, I don't think of demons much. But I can recognize ill-spiritedness. It was a shame too as I liked your post until you slapped me in the face... And I read the first couple lines of this one and stopped reading.

I usually gravitate toward the forum's Australian posters, as all my relatives live there. I'm the only one stuck in the States all by myself. Luckily you and marksman are not typical.

Last edited:

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Remember when Peter quoted Joel 2 and said it was being fulfilled on the Day of Pentecost. That knowledge came from the Holy Spirit through His gift of forthtelling. So when I say I use prophecy, that is what I mean. Every scripture has only one meaning, yet denominations have taken scriptures out of context and now there are more than one meaning. The gift of Prophecy from the Spirit brings it back down to His meaning for me. That is what I prayed for - the meaning of every one of His Scriptures. So I know I can teach. And that is what He used to teaching me the hidden mystery behind tongues.

Except that the subject under discussion is not prophecy. It is you deciding you are an anointed teacher to the body of Christ. If you look at Ephesians 4:11 you will see that being a teacher is a separate ministry to being a prophet. And whatever it means for you is not relevant as the only meaning that is relevant is the one in scripture and if what it means to you is different from what it means in scripture, guess who is wrong.

When I study the word of God, I NEVER start with what it means to me. I am grateful for that as several times when I have studied a topic, I have found out what I have believed is wrong.

As the UK has only just left the European Union, there hasn't been sufficient time yet to weigh up all the consequences. I have followed the whole thing from the get-go because I lived in England When Ted Heath took the UK into the European Market. One thing I did get right and that was Boris Johnson was going to be the next PM.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you look at Ephesians 4:11 you will see that being a teacher is a separate ministry to being a prophet.

I didn't say I was a prophet. I said I was a teacher with the gift of prophecy. I do not have the office of prophet that I know of. He has only spoken to me and said "I am giving you the office of teacher." If I don't understand a verse, I ask God what the meaning is, and immediately it is given to me. I don't use human interpretation - no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation.

When I study the word of God, I NEVER start with what it means to me. I am grateful for that as several times when I have studied a topic, I have found out what I have believed is wrong.

Oh, my, can I relate! Old memories of teachings I've learned in my youth had to be completely rewired in my brain. Now the Word in context makes more sense. (So far). And I'm not done learning. It seems to happen everyday as I'm posting, that I'll need wisdom, and it will come in the way of Scripture.

As the UK has only just left the European Union, there hasn't been sufficient time yet to weigh up all the consequences. I have followed the whole thing from the get-go because I lived in England When Ted Heath took the UK into the European Market. One thing I did get right and that was Boris Johnson was going to be the next PM.

Well, then, you are a good one to ask. I have a cousin that lives there, but most of my family lives in Australia.