• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I once heard of a church that considered you a lesser person if you didn't speak in tongues at church. I thought this was destructive and is the reason I comment on this issue when it comes up.

A lot of tongues spoken of today that are assumed for private use, are gained by an extra phenomenon of feeling what they believe was the holy Spirit coming over them later in life as a saved believer. That is why there is that apostate calling of another baptism with the Holy Ghost by that sign of tongues or with evidence of tongues, but there is no other baptism with the Holy Ghost.

There is only one drink of the One Spirit by how we were all baptized by, so there is no need to seek another baptism with the Holy Ghost for any gifts of the Spirit. Verse 13 in 1 Corinthians 12:4-14 testifies to no necessity for another baptism with the holy Ghost to get a gift. We just ask the Lord Jesus Christ for them.

Not only is 1 Corinthians 12:7 is proof that tongues are not for private use, but Paul explained in verses 19-21 that no member of the body per a gift can say to another member of the body that they have no need for them. Yet those who advocate for tongues for private use claims all those benefits, self edification, Holy Spirit praying for them, giving thanks, worship, etc., without interpretation from any other member of Christ as if no need for them to interpret which goes against scripture.

1 Corinthians 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal....

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For the body is not one member, but many.....

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body? 20 But now are they many members, yet but one body. 21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

Believers today want to believe what they had experienced supernaturally is of God without testing the spirits per 1 John 4:1-6. Signs of the times.

1 Timothy 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Isaiah 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

No way would God turn His gift of tongues around from speaking unto the people for private use. That would make God the author of confusion which He is not therefore tongues are not for private use & that extra phenomenon in how they got that tongue for private use is not of God either.

If any believer wakes up to this truth, they can call on Jesus for help, shun that tongue for private use and pray normally so they can give the Father thanks in Jesus's name for known answers to prayers & chase no more after the Holy Spirit to receive again when He has been in us since salvation at the calling of the gospel by faith in Jesus Christ when we had first believed.

Reactions: Cassandra

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of tongues spoken of today that are assumed for private use, are gained by an extra phenomenon of feeling what they believe was the holy Spirit coming over them later in life as a saved believer. That is why there is that apostate calling of another baptism with the Holy Ghost by that sign of tongues or with evidence of tongues, but there is no other baptism with the Holy Ghost.

There is only one drink of the One Spirit by how we were all baptized by, so there is no need to seek another baptism with the Holy Ghost for any gifts of the Spirit. Verse 13 in 1 Corinthians 12:4-14 testifies to no necessity for another baptism with the holy Ghost to get a gift. We just ask the Lord Jesus Christ for them.

Not only is 1 Corinthians 12:7 is proof that tongues are not for private use, but Paul explained in verses 19-21 that no member of the body per a gift can say to another member of the body that they have no need for them. Yet those who advocate for tongues for private use claims all those benefits, self edification, Holy Spirit praying for them, giving thanks, worship, etc., without interpretation from any other member of Christ as if no need for them to interpret which goes against scripture.

1 Corinthians 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal....

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For the body is not one member, but many.....

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body? 20 But now are they many members, yet but one body. 21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

Believers today want to believe what they had experienced supernaturally is of God without testing the spirits per 1 John 4:1-6. Signs of the times.

1 Timothy 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Isaiah 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

No way would God turn His gift of tongues around from speaking unto the people for private use. That would make God the author of confusion which He is not therefore tongues are not for private use & that extra phenomenon in how they got that tongue for private use is not of God either.

If any believer wakes up to this truth, they can call on Jesus for help, shun that tongue for private use and pray normally so they can give the Father thanks in Jesus's name for known answers to prayers & chase no more after the Holy Spirit to receive again when He has been in us since salvation at the calling of the gospel by faith in Jesus Christ when we had first believed.
I know you said you would not talk to me anymore, but you keep pushing like you have God's final Word on this subject... Just remember this, if you are even reading my post remember this verse without imposing any preconceived interpretations on it:

"Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues" I Cor 14:39

I am not expecting a direct response from you @Christ4Me

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I once heard of a church that considered you a lesser person if you didn't speak in tongues at church. I thought this was destructive and is the reason I comment on this issue when it comes up.
As a matter of fact MODERN tongues makes Christianity into "Two-Tier Christianity". Those who speak in tongues are "Spirit-filled" therefore first class citizens in the Kingdom of Heaven. All the rest -- by default -- are not Spirit-filled, hence second class citizens (who should go to the back of the bus).

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a matter of fact MODERN tongues makes Christianity into "Two-Tier Christianity". Those who speak in tongues are "Spirit-filled" therefore first class citizens in the Kingdom of Heaven. All the rest -- by default -- are not Spirit-filled, hence second class citizens (who should go to the back of the bus).

... Which is exactly the Pentecostal denomination falseness of one-up-manship against their own brethren who do not speak... gibberish.

No wonder you cannot understand the Pre-trib Rapture theory is false, because there's another spirit teaching you instead.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There are several gifts given to people by the Holy Spirit. Speaking in tongues is just one of those gifts. There is nothing in Scripture that says that only those who have that particular gift are "first class citizens" and everyone else are "second class citizens ".

Why are you intent on causing division in the Body of Christ?

Reactions: Cassandra

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why are you intent on causing division in the Body of Christ?
I am not the one who caused the division, but I am simply stating that the division was caused by others. You can check it out for yourself.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No wonder you cannot understand the Pre-trib Rapture theory is false, because there's another spirit teaching you instead.
The Pre-Trib Rapture has nothing to do with tongues, and the Holy Spirit says that it is a Pretribulation Resurrection/Rapture. So which spirit are you listening to?

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Corinthians 12:25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. 26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it. 27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. 28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? 30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? 31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

There is no back to the bus in the body of Christ.

Therefore that tongue for private use is creating division because you want to believe tongues for private use is of God by another baptism with the Holy Ghost when you do not want to test the spirits & the tongues they bring ( 1 John 4:1-6 ) as being the supernatural tongue found in the occult as gibberish nonsense in Isaiah 8:19 which was happening long before Pentecost came with the real God's gift of tongues for speaking unto the people.

Reactions: Cassandra and Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not the one who caused the division, but I am simply stating that the division was caused by others. You can check it out for yourself.

You wrote "As a matter of fact MODERN tongues makes Christianity into "Two-Tier Christianity". Those who speak in tongues are "Spirit-filled" therefore first class citizens in the Kingdom of Heaven. All the rest -- by default -- are not Spirit-filled, hence second class citizens (who should go to the back of the bus)." You didn't state that the division was caused by others. You wrote it as your own. Take ownership!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

These are your words: "As a matter of fact MODERN tongues makes Christianity into "Two-Tier Christianity". Those who speak in tongues are "Spirit-filled" therefore first class citizens in the Kingdom of Heaven. All the rest -- by default -- are not Spirit-filled, hence second class citizens (who should go to the back of the bus)." YOUR WORDS!

Reactions: Christ4Me

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Pre-Trib Rapture has nothing to do with tongues, and the Holy Spirit says that it is a Pretribulation Resurrection/Rapture. So which spirit are you listening to?

Oh yes The Holy Spirit most certainly does have MUCH with God's Truth in His Word. It is another spirit that teaches to deny... God's Truth in His Word, and that is exactly what is happening with those who believe the falseness of a Pre-tribulational Rapture theory, because Jesus showed in Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27 that He comes to gather His Church AFTER... the tribulation of those days. But those who's minds are nailed to the coffin of the false Pre-trib Rapture theory cannot understand Jesus' Words there, because they are listening to another spirit.

How many times have I quoted those Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27 verses, and not even one... person here on the Pre-trib Rapture theory is willing to recognize what Jesus said there?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
These are your words: "As a matter of fact MODERN tongues makes Christianity into "Two-Tier Christianity". Those who speak in tongues are "Spirit-filled" therefore first class citizens in the Kingdom of Heaven. All the rest -- by default -- are not Spirit-filled, hence second class citizens (who should go to the back of the bus)." YOUR WORDS!
And that is based precisely on what Charismatics have already been saying for ages.

So here is the evidence from the Assemblies of God website:
8. THE INITIAL PHYSICAL EVIDENCE OF THE BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT
The baptism of believers in the Holy Spirit is witnessed by the initial physical sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit of God gives them utterance.

So what does this imply? That anyone who has not spoken in tongues has NOT been baptized "in" the Holy Spirit. Which makes the majority of Christians "second-class" citizens.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Bible times, tongues had a purpose - spreading the gospel to people who spoke different languages. Paul told people not to speak in tongues unless someone was there to interpret (1 Corinthians 14:27-28). That seems to be lost today.

Reactions: Mugre Pinzon

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Therefore that tongue for private use is creating division because you want to believe tongues for private use...
It is not what I "want to believe" but what Pentecostals and Charismatics teach. So why are you addressing this to me?

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing about the Rapture in the Olivet Discourse, so why would anyone bother to refute nonsense?

The Olivet Discourse does not end in Matthew 24 th chapter but at the end of Matthew 25 th chapter and Matthew 25:1-13 is about the rapture for why believers are to be ready for the Bridegroom or else be left behind for being in iniquity for why He would deny them to attend the Marriage Supper in Heaven 1 Corinthians 5:8-11 and so they get excommunicated and left behind to Satan for the destruction of the flesh ( 1 Corinthians 5:4-5.

Matthew 24:27-44 describes the time we are living in now where we can be taken from grinding at the mill or working in the field but it will not be like that during the great tribulation and certainly not at the end of the great tribulation when the bast has made war with the saints to kill with the sword & hunger. Hardly a time for any believer to be unwatchful, but in these latter days, is how a believer is warned by Jesus to be ready or else.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not what I "want to believe" but what Pentecostals and Charismatics teach. So why are you addressing this to me?

It seemed like you were defending that kind of church in that thread "Welcome Holy Spirit" thus implying as if I should tend to myself instead without referring to me specifically.

Sorry if I misunderstood you and that post in this thread for which I had replied to. Never heard them say that about moving to the back of the bus but that is what they are doing. It is no wonder why they get upset over the "traditionalists' and indirectly judging them as not Spirit-filled for why they want them to move to the back of the bus.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing about the Rapture in the Olivet Discourse, so why would anyone bother to refute nonsense?

You don't know how wrong you are. The two examples of Matthew 24:31 and Mark 13:27 are parallels to what Apostle Paul taught about the gathering to Christ in 1 Thessalonians 4. You apparently don't know that because you've been told to disregard what Jesus taught there.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You apparently don't know that because you've been told to disregard what Jesus taught there.
What Jesus taught is in John 14:1-3 and He was careful to say "Let not your heart be troubled". Had he said "Your heart will be troubled because you will be going through the Tribulation" that might have changed things. But the "elect" in Matthew 24 are in fact the redeemed out of believing Israel AFTER the Second Coming of Christ (who have gone through "the time of Jacob's trouble"). That is when He sends His angels to gather the Jews to Israel (and only one-third of the total number are saved). But while that is in progress, the Church is already with Him.

Reactions: Mugre Pinzon