Tornado Alley...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I live in what is known as tornado alley in Oklahoma....we have tornadoes somewhere along this alley almost every year....I think there has been a couple of years we were spared...

So anyway, as I am typing a very angry storm is outside my house making all kinds of sounds.

So I was remembering the one in 2013 in El Reno which was about an hour and a half drive from Tulsa....at that time it was recorded as the largest tornado in history...2.6 miles wide with winds over 200 miles and hour

images
images

Here is a video of it and it my Oklahoma friends are crazy as they are taping it with it coming nearly on top of them..

All these years I have lived here and not 1 tornado has touched my property.....hallelujah..Glory to God. But I do ask for prayers as this is predicted be another 2013 occurrence.

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So I live in what is known as tornado alley in Oklahoma....we have tornadoes somewhere along this alley almost every year....I think there has been a couple of years we were spared...

So anyway, as I am typing a very angry storm is outside my house making all kinds of sounds.

So I was remembering the one in 2013 in El Reno which was about an hour and a half drive from Tulsa....at that time it was recorded as the largest tornado in history...2.6 miles wide with winds over 200 miles and hour

images
images

Here is a video of it and it my Oklahoma friends are crazy as they are taping it with it coming nearly on top of them..

All these years I have lived here and not 1 tornado has touched my property.....hallelujah..Glory to God. But I do ask for prayers as this is predicted be another 2013 occurrence.

Amen, praying for you.
A pretty scary thing to behold. We had one up here in Canada when I used to live in Edmonton. Next day we drove the city , the devastation was unbelievable ... just seeing the power that twisted great metal objects like a multi-story high crane as if it was a piece of paper...and things like fridges thrown miles away. Even cows thrown miles into fields...

I liked the movie Twister, but I sure am glad that they are few and far between up here!!

God bless and keep you safe.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I recall a bit more than 20 years ago when we lived about 15 miles outside of Ponca City OK, a tornado came through our neighbors yard about 25 yards to our south and took the top off of his well house. A few minutes later the same tornado turned around and came back from the opposite direction about 50 yards to our north and completely uprooted an large oak tree [not a dead tree]. We lived in a very old mobile home, but we suffered no damage at all, to home or fence or well house; just scattered leaves and a bit of trash in the yard. God does keep us at times for certain. We were in the home at the time. Praise His name!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dangerous Storms with Tornadoes, Damaging Winds, Heavy Rain Underway in the South
By weather.com meteorologists
less than an hour ago
weather.com
EVb2I0LXkAETcPV

A second long-track tornado followed a similar path to that of the first one mentioned above. Soso, Mississippi, was simultaneously under a National Weather Service tornado emergency for both tornadoes. The first tornado was striking the town when the National Weather Service issued the second tornado emergency for the one following behind it. Between the two, tornado emergencies spanned 75 miles across southern Mississippi at 5:30 p.m. CDT Sunday.

This happened in Mississippi.....Oklahoma was spared from this today.

Our local news station said there has been a total of 17 tornadoes so far mostly to the south and east of Oklahoma.

There is another system coming through and will last all the way through Monday...

Pray for everyone in who is in the states in red that they will be safe and that no tornadoes will come down and destroy them.

DCT_SPECIAL40_1280x720.jpg

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I recall a bit more than 20 years ago when we lived about 15 miles outside of Ponca City OK, a tornado came through our neighbors yard about 25 yards to our south and took the top off of his well house. A few minutes later the same tornado turned around and came back from the opposite direction about 50 yards to our north and completely uprooted an large oak tree [not a dead tree]. We lived in a very old mobile home, but we suffered no damage at all, to home or fence or well house; just scattered leaves and a bit of trash in the yard. God does keep us at times for certain. We were in the home at the time. Praise His name!
Praise God! Mobile homes rarely survive a tornado!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, praying for you.
A pretty scary thing to behold. We had one up here in Canada when I used to live in Edmonton. Next day we drove the city , the devastation was unbelievable ... just seeing the power that twisted great metal objects like a multi-story high crane as if it was a piece of paper...and things like fridges thrown miles away. Even cows thrown miles into fields...

I liked the movie Twister, but I sure am glad that they are few and far between up here!!

God bless and keep you safe.

Thank you Helen,
It is crazy the damage they can cause. I don't know which is worse....hurricanes or tornadoes.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise God! Mobile homes rarely survive a tornado!
Amen! Indeed! At that time we did not have a tornado shelter. Within a few months we had a windfall payment of money come our way and had a tornado shelter installed. We moved away before it ever became necessary to use it.