Toward Death More Abundantly Instead... of Life?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you don't remember when you did that [pounced upon] to me quite a long time ago now. I simply was engaging you in conversation. We did disagree on something and I don't even remember the primary subject. What I remember was that you mistook my wording of disagreement for a personal attack on you. I apologized and explained in different words what I meant. After my explanation, you admitted that you might have had misunderstood and you also apologized. Nevertheless after that I have been very to ever slow to engage you much at all although I would still read some of your posts. I wish I could honestly say that I never saw any of your posts to others after that which did not look like the same kind of thing to me. Communication is necessary if there is ever to be understanding and unity. If you do not understand...?
What you've described here is a misunderstanding that was acknowledged and corrected. But what you say of me is that I'm eager to attack - ready to pounce - which is something very different.

Now. I'm not pointing this out because of some sense of offense or insult. I point it out because I feel it to be detrimental to real communication.

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha funny you mention that; i guess we have pretty good evidence that Nazareth was not even inhabited in the first century! Before and after, yes, apparently? Nazareth was apparently Nowhere

"And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see." John 1:46

And where is the prophecy in the OT?

Mt 2:23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.

Some have related it to the Nazarite, but to find an unquestionably definitely written prophecy in the Bible...?

"Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When either man or woman shall separate themselves to vow a vow of a Nazarite, to separate themselves unto the LORD:" Numb 6:2

From Numbers 6:2

ryzn Naziyr (naw-zeer'); Noun Masculine, Strong #: 5139

1. consecrated or devoted one, Nazarite
    1. consecrated one
    2. devotee, Nazarite
    3. untrimmed (vine)

From Matthew 2:23:

Nazwrai'oß Nazoraios (nad-zo-rah'-yos);
Word Origin: Greek, Noun Masculine, Strong #: 3480

Nazarite = "one separated"

An where is the prophecy that He would be called a Nazarene? They spoke it, but was it also written? Is all of the Word of God also written in the Bible?

Some have related it to the Nazarite, but to find an unquestionably definitely written prophecy in the Bible...?

And then that part about "not even inhabited"...

"And a certain scribe came, and said unto him, Master, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head." Matt 8:19-20

"And he led them forth by the right way, that they might go to a city of habitation." Psalm 107:7

"Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling." Psalm 91:9-10

"Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit." Eph 2:19-22

"Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed;
I will not give sleep to mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyelids,
Until I find out a place for the LORD, an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob." Psalm 132:3-5

"For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.
This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it." Psalm 132:13-14

!wyc Tsiyown (tsee-yone'); Proper Name Location, Strong #: 6726

Zion = "parched place"
  1. another name for Jerusalem especially in the prophetic books

"For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

"Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men." Prov 8:31

And to fill up that "parched place", that Zion so that it becomes inhabitable, a place for Jesus, the Head to rest that Head? How about resting on top of the Body of Christ?

"But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." John 4:14

"But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love." Eph 4:15-16

So then draw your conclusions about what and where Nazareth was/is?

Reactions: bbyrd009

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it has seemed to me, that you have interpreted their words as attack when the only thing I have seen is a difference of opinion.
I'd have to look at particulars.

Some do not see a personal comment where others do.

Some are very good at hiding their hostility in passive aggressive behavior. And I do have a penchant for wanting to bring things from darkness into light.

And even so, may I be mistaken without being malicious?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus Hello to you... and PEACE be with you... You have a humble heart... and that is MOST pleasing to the Lord... I too have been grieved with things I see... I have (several times) put my nose where it does not belong in order to TRY and bring some sort of PEACE and HARMONY and RESPECT... I don't think this is a role that I desire to take on however.... Like you... there are many threads and posters that I simply CHOOSE to stay away from because of their inability to communicate in LOVE. Arrogance is my pet peeve...

I hope that what you have shared here is merely a lamentation rather than a statement of weariness with the intention to LEAVE... The Lord said the workers would be few... the peace makers even fewer.... We live in a world where drama and strife have become like a DRUG.

I BLESS you... You are BEAUTIFULLY clothed in tenderness.
No, dear sister, I have no intention of leaving. Several months ago I seriously considered it, but God had a different idea. When we hear from Him, we must pay attention and obey!
Give God the glory!

Reactions: Helen and mjrhealth

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
don't blame the church. God doesn't let you have the reward of your own judgments, because you don't deserve them. trust God's Judgement and live, trust man's (including yourself) and suffer consequences and die.
Blame the Church? No, but I make a distinction between what men at times call "churches" and the Church. The One, who is always right is the One who alone is "good" as Jesus related it. All the rest of us until and if all of the filth is cleared out and replaced with the "Good" from the Good One [God] will continue at times turn aside from what needs to be our goal, our prize, the mark:

"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:14

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah yes, but so many presume that this is already the end of the road, that being born again, born from above or born of God makes us already perfect, or assured of perfection, without regard to what choices including mistakes that we make from that point.
It all depends, I think, on who you understand to be the responsible party. Do we save ourselves by making our good choices to use the the Spirit within us rightly? Or does Jesus save us as we trust in Him, regardless of how well we may perform in our lives?

When we speak of "death more abundantly", how can this be said of those who have passed from death into life? Of those whom it is said, they will never die?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha funny you mention that; i guess we have pretty good evidence that Nazareth was not even inhabited in the first century! Before and after, yes, apparently? Nazareth was apparently Nowhere

Matthew 2:23 "And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene."

It seems that it was inhabited by at least one.

Not sure your evidence, but I would question whatever disagrees with the Bible.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see." John 1:46
This is an interesting comment for Nathanael to make.

Something he didn't say was, What are you talking about! No one lives in Nazareth!

And then that part about "not even inhabited"...

Considering that the Bible declares Jesus lived in Nazareth, which should we accept?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It all depends, I think, on who you understand to be the responsible party. Do we save ourselves by making our good choices to use the the Spirit within us rightly? Or does Jesus save us as we trust in Him, regardless of how well we may perform in our lives?

When we speak of "death more abundantly", how can this be said of those who have passed from death into life? Of those whom it is said, they will never die?

Much love!
I don't know your position on what is called OSAS, but that does makes a difference in the answers to your questions. I believe that being born again is an opportunity given to anyone who takes it to do with our hope what Adam and Eve failed to do with their hope.

God was always there for Adam and Eve but when faced with temptation they went ahead and made their own decisions without calling on Him for help... if they needed help. Similarly now we have the Holy Spirit to help us when we need to make a tough Life or death decision [Life more abundantly or death more abundantly].

God loses no battles, but too many people, I believe, quench the Holy Spirit when they need help and the battle is lost because they fight it alone.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an interesting comment for Nathanael to make.

Something he didn't say was, What are you talking about! No one lives in Nazareth!

Considering that the Bible declares Jesus lived in Nazareth, which should we accept?
I was really not talking about physical place of residence for physical man named Jesus who walked planet Earth about 2000 years ago. I was talking about something that really makes a difference to a child of God. Do we not want to be a part of the Body whereon Jesus is going to rest? He is the Head, but are we or are we to be the Body of Christ where he can and will rest?

Reactions: mjrhealth

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is the Head, but are we or are we to be the Body of Christ where he can and will rest?
I believe that if we are in Christ, which is to be born again, then we ARE His body, and He IS our head.

Reactions: Helen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was really not talking about physical place of residence for physical man named Jesus who walked planet Earth about 2000 years ago.
So then was Nazareth an inhabited town? Or no?

Where this is significant to me is in the question of whether we can trust what the Bible says, or if we have to somehow figure out what it could mean when it says Jesus lived in "a town where no one lived"?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That which brings life to all men. But not all men are indwelt by the Holy Spirit.
Do you not believe that before they disobeyed, Adam and Eve, had the real Life, which Jesus was sent to bring for whosoever will? They had the Life and they gave it away even though they were warned to eat of that tree meant death for them. All of their offspring were effectively in the eyes of God born dead. Before the Door/Gate into the Tree of Life could ever be opened to men, a price had to be paid. Jesus paid that price and then the Holy Spirit was poured out on "whosoever" would come unto Him. Rebirth, Life, Resurrection! The Holy Spirit is the Life giving blood. Adam and Eve had red blood in their flesh, but what they lost was the Holy Spirit, the Breath of God in them. They were dead to Him. Read Ezekiel 37 to see an example of what needed to occur for Israel and for us!

Jesus confirmed that everyone around Him was dead:

"But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead." Matt 8:22

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that if we are in Christ, which is to be born again, then we ARE His body, and He IS our head.
If we are His Body and He is our head then are we not always subject to our Head? How obedient is a healthy young human body to the brain of that same body? Do the two legs of your natural body even get into an argument as to which direction to walk? If not, why not? Is not the Body of Christ superior or to be superior to your natural body?

All of our bodily parts are connected to and subject to our brain unless there is a flaw of some kind. That which carries in the nourishment and carries out the waste is the blood, the red blood in each of us. That which carried in the nourishment and carries out the waste is the blood, the Holy Spirit in each of us. The Holy Spirit is the Life and the connection between the parts and the Head... not of the body of flesh, but of all the parts of the Body of Christ with Jesus being the Head. The time to grow toward that is now. If we have indeed been born again by the Holy Spirit, it is as a baby we begin. We will never be a part of the mature healthy Body of Christ if we remain babies all of our lives like many seemingly do. Jesus is ready to take up His place as the Head, but much of that which could be part of His Body is sitting back waiting for Him to do it all. Jesus issues the commands as our brain issues command to the body of flesh, but parts which cannot hear and/or quench the flow of the Holy Spirit will develop gangrene and be cut off before the whole work of the Body of Christ is complete.