Toward Death More Abundantly Instead... of Life?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
With this said.. I am CERTAIN you would love Carter Conlon... He could care less about attendance... and HE is one who WARNS of everything you have stated... YES knowledge brings sorrow... I have always bucked against knowledge.... I have prayed for WISDOM... I find her more useful.
ok ill give him a listen then, ty :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Reminds me of what bbyrd would always say ...”I’d rather have questions that can’t be answered than answers that can’t be questioned”. To me that is where he differs from most “Christians” as they don’t like their answers questioned. And possibly why I have followed him around, lol.

AMEN, well said...I am stealing that saying...
Thank you ..or as Mark would write - ty. It's his abbreviations that often trip me up..but after time one learns what they mean...some I have had to google. :D

I think I have told you before..."I wish you would post more frequently! "
But, you know that! LOL

Blessings....H

Reactions: amadeus and Pisteuo

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Admitting you are lost, when you are, is a good thing. Remind me to tell you a true story about that at a later time...
Always knowing that Jesus and God always know where we are and there arms are long enough to reach us wherever we are,

Reactions: Pisteuo

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Reactions: Pisteuo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people are so embedded in their support of their ATs that they don't really even listen to or read opinions or beliefs or arguments against an AT,
No Absolute Truth . . . I don't understand why some people insist there is no such thing as an Absolute Truth that we can know.

Not meaning to sound flippant . . . but are you absolutely certain?

Doesn't that remind you even just a little bit of Jesus?

All sorts of people don't care what others think or say about them.

Perhaps it simply means we are different parts of the Body of Christ with very different necessary functions.

This is the real question.

And all we have to go by is someone's fruit, and any spiritual discernment given by God.

You do what you believe that you must as you believe that God is leading you!

This is what we do, hopefully!

And there is a fair bit in the Bible about contending for the faith.

What is the faith we are contending for? Not all men have faith, and not all have the same faith.

Much love!

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Absolute Truth . . . I don't understand why some people insist there is no such thing as an Absolute Truth that we can know.
Not meaning to sound flippant . . . but are you absolutely certain?
I believe certainly that there is an AT. Can I prove that to anyone? Or better said to everyone? I cannot prove it to anyone unless God is helping me to do just exact that. People believe in an AT, but do they know an AT which they can state clearly with no doubt whatsoever in mind or heart? I believe that some do, but most or all are unable to separate what they know from what they believe... but many of them will deny that it so. Who is a liar?

I believe that Jesus is the AT, but David wrote that he would seek His face, so also does Paul write that there is to be a "then" face to face vision. We see, but how clearly?
Did Jesus have long hair or short hair?
Have any of us on this forum already overcome all of the world as Jesus did?
Will any of us on this forum or in our home assemblies [assuming we have one] do that before they shovel the dirt on our faces?

The only honest answer to them for me is, "I don't know". I don't know because God has not revealed those things to me. Yet, some probably on this forum will say answer them definitely and expect people to believe them. Are any of them completely honest?

All sorts of people don't care what others think or say about them.
Yes, which is why I asked if he didn't look a "little bit" like him.
This is the real question.

And all we have to go by is someone's fruit, and any spiritual discernment given by God.
If we see the fruit and believe or know that it is good or not, isn't what we need? Don't expect to be able to convince everyone. If God doesn't tell you to do it, why would you try? Each person needs to communicate with God himself.

This is what we do, hopefully!

And there is a fair bit in the Bible about contending for the faith.

What is the faith we are contending for? Not all men have faith, and not all have the same faith.

Much love!
Be slow to speak openly comparing one man by name with another man. I don't believe that we are all in exactly the same place in God, but it is hardly our job to place them in order, is it? You need to know what to do yourself, and you need to know what to advise another person who asks honestly of you. Do not people sometimes go way beyond that by deciding what someone else should be doing and then telling them and the world about their opinion even though no one really asked them and God did not tell them us to do it?

If a person is uncertain as to whether God wants him to speak openly like that, wouldn't it be better to remain silent?

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding." Prov 17:28

Reactions: mjrhealth

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe certainly that there is an AT. Can I prove that to anyone?
As you say, the real thing is what exists between God and each one of us.

Pilate asked, What is truth? And it seems many still ask today.

I don't believe that we are all in exactly the same place in God, but it is hardly our job to place them in order, is it?

Is that how this seems to you?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you say, the real thing is what exists between God and each one of us.

Pilate asked, What is truth? And it seems many still ask today.

Is that how this seems to you?
We have to decide for ourselves so as to not answer or if we do answer to know what to say. It is another step to openly say to anyone who will listen what only needs to be said to them. Sometimes God may want us to announce it all, but that is not always the case. There is a time to remain silent and if we are hearing God we will know when it is and when it is not.

Reactions: mjrhealth and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have to decide for ourselves so as to not answer or if we do answer to know what to say. It is another step to openly say to anyone who will listen what only needs to be said to them. Sometimes God may want us to announce it all, but that is not always the case. There is a time to remain silent and if we are hearing God we will know when it is and when it is not.
So true!

:)

Reactions: amadeus