• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My last day-already signed up on another Forum.
Hmmm....so you said you are leaving this forum almost one month ago....and you are still here. And your reason for leaving this forum is because the deity of the Lord is under attack. However, when I peruse this forum I see opposite of that. Sure, there are a minority that reject the deity of the Lord. But most on this forum accept it.

Have you found the perfect forum where ALL accept what YOU believe?

Why wouldn't you stay to teach those that reject the Truth? (John 8:32)

Curious Mary

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's why I'm leaving this Forum-the deity of our Lord is under attack-
J.

Then go with God's blessing over your life. May He continue to draw your further into His Loving Embrace as you learn more about His Character and Grace as you continue to develop a face-to-face relationship with Him.

Shalom

Reactions: Johann and Marymog

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you can bet that household BELIEVED . you assuming they baptized babies my friend .
but scrip dont contradict scrip .
You are assuming they did not baptize babies my friend.

The FACT is that Scripture says ENTIRE Families were baptized.

YOU are assuming that there are no babies in entire families..........Since Scripture only records 3 baptisms of entire families in the 1st century we can safely assume that there were HUNDREDS more baptisms of families that were not recorded..........Especially in Acts 2:41!!! So your OPINION is completely destroyed by the facts from Scripture and logic. The earliest historical Christian writings we have say that infants were baptized. Once again, your opinion is destroyed by FACTS. But facts don't matter to you .....do they amigo?????????

You are adding to Scripture what is not there!!! You believe what your protestant men have taught you...........goood luck with that.

• Wow
Reactions: amigo de christo

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are assuming they did not baptize babies my friend.

The FACT is that Scripture says ENTIRE Families were baptized.

YOU are assuming that there are no babies in entire families..........Since Scripture only records 3 baptisms of entire families in the 1st century we can safely assume that there were HUNDREDS more baptisms of families that were not recorded..........Especially in Acts 2:41!!! So your OPINION is completely destroyed by the facts from Scripture and logic. The earliest historical Christian writings we have say that infants were baptized. Once again, your opinion is destroyed by FACTS. But facts don't matter to you .....do they amigo?????????

You are adding to Scripture what is not there!!! You believe what your protestant men have taught you...........goood luck with that.
Whoever baptized babies rendered the entire ritual meaningless, biblically speaking. So perhaps you can explain to us what the purpose was in baptizing babies. What were they hoping to accomplish?

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation..........1 Peter 3:21
Exactly the point we all been trying to make . You BELIEVE THE WATER SAVES that baby . BUT cannot see FAITH DOES
and that without faith the water means not a thing . YOu proved , you just proved to us
what we been trying to say to YOU the whole time . Thanks for making this so easy for me .
The water dont save that baby . What you gonna tell me now that all unbaptized babies are doomed for perditoin .
Exactly . The RCC has led many souls far from the TRUTH . and now she leads the world and her religoins
to rise as one UNDER THE BEAST . you need to get the heck out of that place and fast .
IF i didnt love you i would not risk being banned for life to let you know the very dangerous place you are in and have been under .
FLEE IT .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whoever baptized babies rendered the entire ritual meaningless, biblically speaking. So perhaps you can explain to us what the purpose was in baptizing babies. What were they hoping to accomplish?
Just wait till ya read the response of marymog . This is exactly what the heck we been warning about the whole time .
They think the water saveth and evidentely there is no need to beleive . That has been the point all along .
All along .

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just wait till ya read the response of marymog . This is exactly what the heck we been warning about the whole time .
They think the water saveth and evidentely there is no need to beleive . That has been the point all along .
All along .
And why they despise Luther so much because he uncovered their deception.
KJV Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boas
t.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Salvation..........1 Peter 3:21
Mary. We are not saved by baptism... We are saved by faith in the death and the resurrection of Jesus Christ, of which baptism is a symbol.
KJV Romans 6:1-11
1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Baptism is here described as a symbol of the death and resurrection of Christ and our surrendering to baptism reflects our choice to accept Christ's salvation personally. The water itself does not save. The ritual administered in connection with true repentance and true faith in the Lord Jesus is an appropriate symbol of the putting away of sin, of the renewing power of the holy Spirit in the mind and heart of the candidate, and a surrender to Christ in consecration and dedication to Him... And in that sense only, saves us.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary. We are not saved by baptism...
“Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you,

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly the point we all been trying to make . You BELIEVE THE WATER SAVES that baby . BUT cannot see FAITH DOES
and that without faith the water means not a thing . YOu proved , you just proved to us
what we been trying to say to YOU the whole time . Thanks for making this so easy for me .
The water dont save that baby . What you gonna tell me now that all unbaptized babies are doomed for perditoin .
Exactly . The RCC has led many souls far from the TRUTH . and now she leads the world and her religoins
to rise as one UNDER THE BEAST . you need to get the heck out of that place and fast .
IF i didnt love you i would not risk being banned for life to let you know the very dangerous place you are in and have been under .
FLEE IT .
I believe what Scripture says. Baptism now saves you.

“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe what Scripture says. Baptism now saves you.

“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children
To those who BELIEVE . one could baptize the entire world and yet those who beleive not will be damned to the pits
of the lake of fire . TO ALL WHO DO BELIEVE . PS , it had better be the biblical JESUS too
and not being baptized rather in the doctrines of men . cause that aint gonna save either

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To those who BELIEVE . one could baptize the entire world and yet those who beleive not will be damned to the pits
of the lake of fire . TO ALL WHO DO BELIEVE . PS , it had better be the biblical JESUS too
and not being baptized rather in the doctrines of men . cause that aint gonna save either
Amigo,

Nope, as I previously stated from Acts 2 the promise for you AND your children. Scripture makes it clear that entire households (including children) were baptized. Did it say the children believed or were of a certain age?? NOPE.....

If that isn't good enough for you the there is this: “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them; for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven” (Matt. 19:14).

If Amigo de christo could change Scripture he would write the promise is for children IF they believe and when an entire family gets baptized only those children that are old enought to believe can get baptized!!!

You can't change Scripture amigo, you can only twist it.....2 Peter 3:16

Notice how I use Scripture to verify what I say and you.....well, you just give your opinion!!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amigo,

Nope, as I previously stated from Acts 2 the promise for you AND your children. Scripture makes it clear that entire households (including children) were baptized. Did it say the children believed or were of a certain age?? NOPE.....

If that isn't good enough for you the there is this: “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them; for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven” (Matt. 19:14).

If Amigo de christo could change Scripture he would write the promise is for children IF they believe and when an entire family gets baptized only those children that are old enought to believe can get baptized!!!

You can't change Scripture amigo, you can only twist it.....2 Peter 3:16

Notice how I use Scripture to verify what I say and you.....well, you just give your opinion!!
the children COME to me . they believe . Exactly .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you,
You don't think repentance of a life of sin, and a determination to livea life of faith for righteousness and the gospel, things needful before a profession of Christianity via baptism?
And you are not taking into account the context of Peter's passage. And that context isn't only in the immediate phrase or paragraph, but you need to take into account the whole context of scripture. Yes, baptism does save. But it's a baptism of repentance, holy Spirit, conviction, and death to self.

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't think repentance of a life of sin, and a determination to livea life of faith for righteousness and the gospel, things needful before a profession of Christianity via baptism?
And you are not taking into account the context of Peter's passage. And that context isn't only in the immediate phrase or paragraph, but you need to take into account the whole context of scripture. Yes, baptism does save. But it's a baptism of repentance, holy Spirit, conviction, and death to self.
Hello Brakelite,

I know this is a complete waste of my time but here we go....:cool:

I am glad we agree that baptism does save. However, it seems your men have taught that the baptism Peter is speaking of in 1 Peter 3:21 is not water baptism..........even though "the immediate phrase and paragraph" say that 8 persons were saved thru WATER? Is that what you have been taught?

Why did the eunuch feel the need to get baptized in water after Phillip preached to him about Jesus?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the children COME to me . they believe . Exactly .
Just answer the question amigo instead of playing word games:

Did that passage from Acts 2 say that the children believed or were of a certain age??