• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
in the context in means leaders in the local church. so you are accountable to those leaders God has placed over you in your local church.

context is king.

hope this helps !!!
Error.

13:7 "Remember"

This is a present active imperative.

The implication is to pray for the leaders and honor them! This is a different, but similar, word from Heb. 13:3. Believers need to be conscious of the need for praying for and honoring their leaders' loving service to the body of Christ (cf. Heb. 13:3) and her leaders (cf. Heb. 13:7,17,24; 1 Thess. 5:12-13).

"those who led you"

Verses 17 and 24 deal with current leaders, so Heb. 13:7 must refer to those leaders who first preached the gospel, but are now dead.

"who spoke the word of God to you"

This is the task of Christian leaders. They do not teach or preach their discoveries or personal/cultural preferences, but the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this we honor them, respect them, and pray for them.

"considering the result of their conduct"

This is a present active participle used as an imperative.

These leaders, like those in the roll call of the faithful in chapter 11, remained faithful during life and until death. Their lives witnessed to the validity of their messages.

"imitate their faith"

This is a present middle (deponent) imperative.

Our author is calling on his readers to mimic the faith of their leaders. Paul often encourages believers to imitate his faith (cf. 1 Cor. 4:16; 11:1-2; Phil. 3:17; 4:9; 1 Thess. 1:6; 2 Thess. 3:7,9).

13:8 "Jesus. . .same"

The OT characters of chapter 11 were good examples; the former and current leaders were good examples; Christ is our supreme example. His character and faithfulness never change (cf. Ps. 102:26-27, quoted in Heb. 1:12). This same theological statement is made concerning YHWH in Mal. 3:6. God's character and mercy are constant and, so too, are Jesus Christ's.

13:9 "Do not be carried away"

This is a present passive imperative with a negative particle which usually means to stop an act already in process. Some of the hearers were contemplating "shrinking back" (cf. Heb. 2:1; 10:38). The passive voice implies the activity of Satan or the demonic.

See how this is misapplied by "believers" to believers.

"by varied and strange teachings"

Exactly what this involved is uncertain, but a similar combination of Jewish and pagan practices is condemned in Col. 2:16-23.

According to @Behold I am involved in pagan and Jewish practices-wonder where he got that from? Got Questions.Org?

It almost seems to me that parts of chapter 13 are a Pauline close added to a letter to a synagogue. Parts of this chapter (i.e., Heb. 13:4-5) fit a mixed-church setting, not a synagogue.

And-uh-Lastly-this is NOT a "commentary"-you might fact checking BEFORE speaking-Phos expose Skotia-always.

Hope this helps!!

An aside-this is for those desirous to grow into a deeper epignosis and intimacy with Jesus Christ-this is not applicable to you only.
J.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't read cut n pastes and you don't know Greek or Hebrew.

hope this helps !!!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
According to @Behold I am involved in pagan and Jewish practices-wonder where he got that from? Got Questions.Org?

Well, the good news is that you are not teaching pure Calvinism, at this point.

Good for you.

Also, i dont use that website., but thanks for the offer.

And i see that you could not resist posting another long cut and paste.
You really should think about that and try to refrain.
I dont think you can.
But its an idea.

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Good for you.

I dont think you can.
But its an idea.
Paul had some kosher words for the Judiazers trying to get the new believers to go back to the law and works.

Anathema !

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Good for you.

I dont think you can.
But its an idea.
any form of it is to be rejected from Divine determinism, double predestination, narcissistic sovereignty and the pedals on the tulip along with PSA. :)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Paul had some kosher words for the Judiazers trying to get the new believers to go back to the law and works.

Anathema !

yes.

one of the standard cult heresies is..

"sinning, confessing, and repeat" is "real christianity".

another standard cult teaching is..

"God saves you in the New Covenant, so that you can run back to the Old Covenant and try to keep that Law."

Heretics preach those 2, world wide, mountain high and to the bottom of the sea.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes.

one of the standard cult heresies is..

"sinning, confessing, and repeat" is "real christianity".

another standard cult teaching is..

"God saves you in the New Covenant, so that you can run back to the Old Covenant and try to keep that Law."

Heretics preach those 2, world wide, mountain high and to the bottom of the sea.
ditto

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Good for you.

I dont think you can.
But its an idea.
I am well within the rules of this Forum-last time I've checked the limit of characters are 10000K? or a 1000K?

Secondly-what I share is not from a commentary-it is biblical hermeneutics and ancient languages. For the edification of those who are desirous to learn and come to a deeper appreciation and understanding of the Scriptures-the who-the what-the why and the where.

Matter of fact-this is my only go to secondary source.

Meet MY pastor and team-with whom I stand accountable to @Behold
J.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

If you read anything here by..

NetChaplin or RonaldNoelette (sorry about the spelling), you'll note that they both teach..."sin, confess, repeat".. is Romans 7, and that is "gospel".

this is among the most common "errors" you find being blasted from thousands of pulpits.

Now, who is it that would want you to believe that you WILL sin, then confess, and then repeat, ... all your Christian life, as "real Christianity"?

This is the Gospel of 1 John 1:8

A.). The Devil.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am well within the rules of this Forum-last time I've checked the limit of characters are 10000K? or a 1000K?

Secondly-what I share is not from a commentary-it is biblical hermeneutics and ancient languages. For the edification of those who are desirous to learn and come to a deeper appreciation and understanding of the Scriptures-the who-the what-the why and the where.

Matter of fact-this is my only go to secondary source.

Meet MY pastor and team-with whom I stand accountable to @Behold
J.
He is not your pastor since he lives in Marshall, Texas and you live in Africa. You do not even know the man.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I am well within the rules of this Forum

I said that out of consideration for the other members, some of which have asked you to stop this redundant cut and paste you commit, endlessly, that you might want to consider them, and refrain from it.

I know you dont care.
I just wanted to show you that you dont.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Secondly-what I share is not from a commentary-it is biblical hermeneutics and ancient languages.

Just put all that in the drawer, and write from your own theological vocabulary, if you are going to "Play the forum teacher".

Do you not understand why?

Really?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
He is not your pastor since he lives in Marshall, Texas and you live in Africa. You do not even know the man.
Another lie-I receive e mails from his team on my computer=and I have resolved Utley IS my pastor and under the umbrella of the ekklesia in Texas.
Now IF you don't mind-I am done wasting my precious time with you-here I redeem the time, every second counts, and you won't last a week here where I am.
Speaking from experience.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Just put all that in the drawer, and write from your own theological vocabulary, if you are going to "Play the forum teacher".

Do you not understand why?

Really?
Why should I? I have proven your error from Scriptures.
Shalom.
J.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another lie-I receive e mails from his team on my computer=and I have resolved Utley IS my pastor and under the umbrella of the ekklesia in Texas.
Now IF you don't mind-I am done wasting my precious time with you-here I redeem the time, every second counts, and you won't last a week here where I am.
Speaking from experience.
lol I have been here 2 years longer.

Paul is my pastor since I'm included in the N.T. epistles.

So I will take my Pastor Paul over you pastor bob. Since I have not met Paul and you have not met bob we are on the same ground. :)

oh and btw he is no longer the pastor there .

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mr E

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Ive no doubt that you believe that.

Episkopos has the same belief.

Bird's of a feather ????

Curious, isn't it....
Are you playing the devils advocate? You know what you are doing is UN-Christ like.

Why see me as a threat? Instead of working together-learning the Pauline epistles-

2Pe 3:14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
2Pe 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
2Pe 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

2Pe 3:17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

2Pe 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

-and grow together into a more deeper epignosis re the Scriptures-since NO one can claim they have full knowledge re the D'varim-why your antagonism against me? Am I your enemy? Or do you perceive me as your enemy?

You are in eretz YisraEL-and I have shared a bit of my testimony with you-you are acquainted with hardship and so am I.

Iron sharpens iron-does it not? All I want is to assist-not to crush-not blow my own trumpet, not showing you I know it all-since I don't-no pride, nothing to boast about.

By the way-how is it going with the gym? I am still working out daily, mostly in the dark, since darkness descended here.
Shalom
J.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, first, it isn't amigo's opinion. He is merely repeating scripture.
KJV Acts 8:35-38
35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized
him.

KJV Acts 8:12
12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

There is nothing in Acts 10 to suggest there were children present who were baptized.

KJV Acts 2:38, 41
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

As you can see, there were certain conditions to be met before the apostles baptised anyone. One was to believe... As a result of belief, they repented of sin. How can an infant believe and repent?

KJV Acts 16:31-34
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. (Obviously, they weren't preaching to the babies. )
33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.
34 And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.

All his household who met the conditions were baptized.
Yup brokelite, if you cherry pick scripture to support what you believe then you and @amigo de christo and the Protestant men who teach you will always be right.

Soooooooooooo are either of you going to address the other passages from Scripture that says that the promise is for CHILDREN also? Jesus said, Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them; for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven” (Matt. 19:14). Brokelite and amigo say do not let the children come to me because the promise is not for them.............:Laughingoutloud: Jesus said Baptize ALL (Matthew 28:19) and Scripture says baptism now saves you (1 peter 3:21) but Brokelite and amigo say baptize only adults and baptism doesn't save infants. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....you teach opposite of Scripture. What does Scripture say about those who teach opposite of Scripture??????????????

Are you EVER going to address the passages that say entire families were baptized???????????????? Do you have PROOF that infants were NOT part of entire families??????????????? You don't.........sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shouldn't you just stop giving your opinion????????? You haven't addressed that, and you can't because you KNOW that you have cherry picked Scripture to support what YOU believe or what your Protestant men have taught you.......You keep dodging it kiddo! WHY?????????

The two of you crack me up............