Treat people the same way you want to be treated

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you ever have those verses that seemly come to your mind out of nowhere? Matthew 7:12 is one of those verses for me. This verse immediately on my mind the moment my eyes opened the other morning…like a song that gets planted in your mind that you can’t stop repeating it for days. This is a study of the verse to see how it became so significant to me while I was sleeping; that it became as a song on…

‘In everything therefore treat others the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the prophets.’ (Galatians 5:14 Love your neighbor as you love yourself).

1 Peter 3:8-9
To the sun up (Galatians 5:15)
All of you be harmonious,
Sympathetic,
Brotherly,
Kind-hearted,
And humble in spirit. (2 Peter 1: 4-8) for if these things be in you…
not returning evil for evil,
Or insult for insult,
But Giving a blessing;
For you were called for the very purpose
That you might receive a blessing. (2 Peter 1:4-8 whereby are given unto us exceeding great promises…for if these things be in you they make you neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of Christ) (Mark 4:17-20

judge not, and you shall not be judged.
Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned.
Forgive, and you shall be forgiven. Give, and it shall be given unto you;
Good measure,
Pressed down,
Shaken together, Hebrews 12:25-29 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he has promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. …whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: [29] For our God is a consuming fire.

And running over,
Shall men give unto your bosom. For with the same measure you measure with, it shall be measured to you again.

the question then being as promised (and since God does not lie); does God mean what He says? Is it debatable: treat others in the same way you want to be treated? Do we fear or have reverence unto as promised judge and you will be judged. Condemn and you will be condemned. Forgive and you will be forgiven? “not returning evil for evil,
Or insult for insult,
But Giving a blessing;
For you were called for the very purpose
That you might receive a blessing”

Proverbs 15:16 Lexicon: Better is a little with the fear of the LORD Than great treasure and turmoil with it.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love Proverbs

a fool rejects his fathers disciple, but he who regards reproof
John 16:7-11 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:,

but he who regards reproof is sensible. (Shrewd) that I don’t get …is shrewd a good thing? it does make me think of shrewd in Business …what business the Fathers or man’s?

more proverbs:
Great wealth is [in] the house of the righteous 2 Corinthians 4:7
but trouble is in the income of the wicked. Proverbs 15:6

The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD, Matthew 27:22-23
But the prayer of the upright is His delight.
Luke 23:34-35

grievous punishment is for him who forsakes the way; He who hates reproof will die.
John 16:7-11 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. [8] And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: [9] Of sin, because they believe not on me; [10] Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; [11] Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Sheol and abaddon (a place) of destruction or ruin [lie open] before the LORD, How much more the hearts of men!

All the days of the afflicted are bad, But a cheerful heart [has] a continual feast. (Drink)
John 4:7-29

better is a little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure with turmoil with it.
Proverbs 16:18-19

better is a dish of vegetables where love is
Luke 23:34, 1 John 4:16-19
Than a fattened ox [served]with hatred.
Mark 15:14 And they cried out the more exceedingly, Crucify him.

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 13

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Correction. I made an typing error in 1 Peter 3:8: To sum up, all of you be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit;

instead of “to the sun up”
It should be “to sum up”
“Sum” is significant because “sum” reminds me more of Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Hebrews 8:1-2 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; [2] A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.