Trinity Ban

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am simply looking for clarification on the Trinity ban. Nobody seems to know.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s that darn flesh that rises up.....I must say God has reigned me in over it.....don’t we serve a Loving ,Faithful God....he disciplines us “ perfectly “ Praise His Holy Name!

Yes! He is so good. To hear you say He helps you to overcome the flesh deserves giving Him praise, because it's not easy. It's a constant decision to "kill self" and by that I mean to live not for ourselves, but Him and others. To become Christian isn't a one and done moment in time, it's constantly deciding to be that in how we think and act about every person and situation

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes! He is so good. To hear you say He helps you to overcome the flesh deserves giving Him praise, because it's not easy. It's a constant decision to "kill self" and by that I mean to live not for ourselves, but Him and others. To become Christian isn't a one and done moment in time, it's constantly deciding to be that in how we think and act about every person and situation
Excellent......Amen!!

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't understand why discussing the Trinity is banned on a Christian forum. I do understand why banning discussions against the Trinity should be banned. It is these surely that cause the trouble.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the nature of the beast.

Christians as a whole do not make good students because….LOL …do I need to make a list. They are not open to new ideas…. stubborn….and they have an attitude against education.

In Galileo day the Church was defending the belief that the world was flat and the sun and stars revolved around it. During the age of intellectual advancement….The Renaissance, their work was destroyed and people and books burnt.

At the same time there was a shift in society to what is called individualism. People thinking on their own, but no discipline on how to think. Logical trains of thought and rationality.

So when people finally got Bibles in their hands in the 17th century it was like opening a can of worms. Thoughts and beliefs ran off in all directions. That is why we have over 30,000 Christian denominations today. Then as Christianity rolled along in history like a pin ball bouncing off things and having no set course, it started gathering false beliefs.

Today some of these false beliefs are near and dear to people’s hearts and some consider them the most important teachings of Christianity. And some of these false beliefs are so discombobulated that they act as misguided mental filters so that if they believe in them, these filters redirect them to false beliefs and skew the meaning of most anything they read in the Bible.

Welcome to my world! I call my ministry the Johnny Appleseed of Truth. I am highly educated but I am not a preacher….more of a speaker and I have no intent of starting another denomination but rather working with the denominations we have and in so spreading seeds of Truth knowing full well that most of time Truth is not going to be well received.

If you want to make friends with Christians agree with anyone you are with. If you are going to speak the Truth, do not count on too many friends because sooner or later the Truth with will step on their toes as in one these false beliefs that they hold near and dear to their hearts and consider them the most important part of Christianity.

The one God formula for the Trinity is just one of many false beliefs that have been perpetrated into/onto Christian beliefs. So in the process of addressing these false beliefs I am not concerned with persuading people to believe the Truth, I just cast seeds and let God deal with the people that He thinks deserve to understand the Truth. I do not get involved with it and I am not concerned about it….it is in God’s hands. For some, they will go check out the Truths and the light bulb will come on.

Now as far as this site not liking discussions about the Trinity….
That is hilariously typical of the Christian attitude. I visited a Christian forum called “Christian Forums.net” and it made me appreciate this forum. Supposedly they have rules to make Christians be “nice” but the admin have a rude and hateful and unchristian intent. They troll their members with the intent of disrupting and confusing the discussions they do not like. And if you call them on it, they say you are breaking the rules.

What is happening here on this forum with the topic of the Trinity is the sort of thing that is to be expected. LOL Are Christians suppose to be nice? Christ was nice until it was time not to be nice.
In the Old Testament Yahweh said, There was a time for peace and a time for war…. Not agreeing with each other is the reason we have so many denominations, nondenominational churches and those that are their own personal denomination…like it or not it is the Christian way.

So not a surprise we just got to deal with it until the light bulb comes on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Azim

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well hello there @Grailhunter! Nice to meet you! I love to have my beliefs challenged, and am willing and have changed them over the years as I only care about TRUTH in my developing ministry as an apologist.

So firstly let me understand where you are coming from, being new here. You are an Arian right? A little background on me - I was raised by militant atheists and was seeking to know whether any of the worlds religions were true when I had an encounter with Jesus Christ at 9 pm in my home, alone 50 years hence a few days ago.

Just to answer in the meantime, one misconception of yours - in the early years, when Christians often lived in monastariess (married if they wished) some of that due no doubt to persecution, the monastaries were not as we know it in the west, they were not in cities but usually in small villages and were centers of medical care and learning for the population around them. Not opposed to education as you seem to think.

You are confusing some of your beliefs with the later development of the Roman Catholic Church which many in Orthodoxy today and through history are considered apostate.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are an Arian right?
LOL I am a formally educated theologian.
I fellowship with the Baptists, the Lutherans, the Pentecosts, the Catholics, the Glad Tidings Assembly of God, the Moravian Church and nearly a dozen non-denominational churches and I have had Mormon and Jewish friends from the time I was a kid.

Just to answer in the meantime, one misconception of yours - in the early years, when Christians often lived in monastariess (married if they wished) some of that due no doubt to persecution, the monastaries were not as we know it in the west, they were not in cities but usually in small villages and were centers of medical care and learning for the population around them. Not opposed to education as you seem to think.
My misconception....you so funny.
Not sure where you pulled this topic from but here ya go....
The concept of the hermit...recluse...monk started very early in Christianity....John the Baptist is one example.
The monasteries were more of an organized effort for the Catholics and Gnostics. Catholic Orders like the Franciscans and Cistercians would isolate themselves one way or the other....not part of the world line of thinking.
Some would isolate themselves in caves, trees, and on top of towers.

You maybe confusing all this with the early Christians who would gathered in hide aways to worship. No church buildings...the Romans would just come and round them up. When the Bible refers to churches it is actually referring to congregations, not buildings. The Christians would gather in private residences, in catacombs, out in the wilderness etc to keep from being caught.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is the nature of the beast.

Christians as a whole do not make good students because….LOL …do I need to make a list. They are not open to new ideas…. stubborn….and they have an attitude against education.

In Galileo day the Church was defending the belief that the world was flat and the sun and stars revolved around it. During the age of intellectual advancement….The Renaissance, their work was destroyed and people and books burnt.

At the same time there was a shift in society to what is called individualism. People thinking on their own, but no discipline on how to think. Logical trains of thought and rationality.

So when people finally got Bibles in their hands in the 17th century it was like opening a can of worms. Thoughts and beliefs ran off in all directions. That is why we have over 30,000 Christian denominations today. Then as Christianity rolled along in history like a pin ball bouncing off things and having no set course, it started gathering false beliefs.

Today some of these false beliefs are near and dear to people’s hearts and some consider them the most important teachings of Christianity. And some of these false beliefs are so discombobulated that they act as misguided mental filters so that if they believe in them, these filters redirect them to false beliefs and skew the meaning of most anything they read in the Bible.

Welcome to my world! I call my ministry the Johnny Appleseed of Truth. I am highly educated but I am not a preacher….more of a speaker and I have no intent of starting another denomination but rather working with the denominations we have and in so spreading seeds of Truth knowing full well that most of time Truth is not going to be well received.

If you want to make friends with Christians agree with anyone you are with. If you are going to speak the Truth, do not count on too many friends because sooner or later the Truth with will step on their toes as in one these false beliefs that they hold near and dear to their hearts and consider them the most important part of Christianity.

The one God formula for the Trinity is just one of many false beliefs that have been perpetrated into/onto Christian beliefs. So in the process of addressing these false beliefs I am not concerned with persuading people to believe the Truth, I just cast seeds and let God deal with the people that He thinks deserve to understand the Truth. I do not get involved with it and I am not concerned about it….it is in God’s hands. For some, they will go check out the Truths and the light bulb will come on.

Now as far as this site not liking discussions about the Trinity….
That is hilariously typical of the Christian attitude. I visited a Christian forum called “Christian Forums.net” and it made me appreciate this forum. Supposedly they have rules to make Christians be “nice” but the admin have a rude and hateful and unchristian intent. They troll their members with the intent of disrupting and confusing the discussions they do not like. And if you call them on it, they say you are breaking the rules.

What is happening here on this forum with the topic of the Trinity is the sort of thing that is to be expected. LOL Are Christians suppose to be nice? Christ was nice until it was time not to be nice.
In the Old Testament Yahweh said, There was a time for peace and a time for war…. Not agreeing with each other is the reason we have so many denominations, nondenominational churches and those that are their own personal denomination…like it or not it is the Christian way.

So not a surprise we just got to deal with it until the light bulb comes on.
You must be a "Binatarian" if you are preaching, or teaching, the truth. The early church taught the Oneness of the Spirit in two Persons, Father and Son...until human conventions based on popularity were convened to make up human creeds. The truth will never be popular.

Hear O Israel, the Lord your God AND the Lord are One.

The only difference between what I wrote above and the MSS text is one little straight line...the Hebrew letter vav...that looks like this... ו ...that somehow got misplaced. ;) I wonder how that happened?

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This thread is now locked.
Regardless of any of the views expressed members need to respect the decision, and the reasons for the decision regarding the Trinity and it being discussed. We had threads like this when the ban was first introduced nearly a year ago, it’s not needed now.
We have discussed the ban and if it should be lifted, but to be honest one of the factors to the ban remaining was the fact that members still don’t respect the rule. How can we allow the subject to be discussed with certain rules attached if you can’t abide by the rulings now.
All members have a choice whether they stay and respect the rules, or go somewhere else where it can be discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.