Trinity vs. Tritheism: Understanding the Trinity.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men WROTE...in ink on paper, via Gods direction
that's God writting.
2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

and that's Christ IN them MEN, OT and NT

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about Jesus' baptism for starters? All three Father, Son, and Holy Spirit present yet separate.

Jesus' Baptism? OF WHAT? FOR WHAT?

Acts 19
[3] And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

And what was John's baptism WITH?

Acts 11
[16] Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water;

And what was John's baptism FOR?

Mark 1
[4] John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Acts 11
[16] Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, [Y]John indeed baptized with water; [/Y] but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Johns' TEACHING was PRECISELY CORRECT...
TEACHING the "remission of Sins" comes from the WORD OF GOD.

And Jesus' TEACHING is PRECISELY CORRECT...TEACHING the "remission of Sins" comes from the "FORGIVENESS" of God
AND
the "BAPTISM" of God "IS" the man;
Receiving SALVATION of his soul,
Receiving a Circumcised Heart,
Receiving the SEED of God,
Receiving the Quickening rebirth of his spirit.
Receiving Gods TRUTH,
Receiving Gods SPIRIT,
Receiving the Opportunity to receive Gods Understanding of Gods Truth.

As you TEACH "a remembrance" of JESUS receiving "John's WATER Baptism" ....

WHAT "remission of SIN"...was JESUS receiving?

NONE!

JESUS IS mankinds EXAMPLE.
JESUS IS the "SEED" and "quickening spirit" that BAPTIZES a man, and rebirths a mans "natural spirit" to a "spiritual spirit".

John 17
[5] And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Before the world was...
Before the Lord Jesus was REVEALED to men...
thee Lord Jesus Son and Father had the SAME Glory that ONLY God possesses and gives to No one.

Isa 42:
[8] ... my glory will I not give to another

Glory to God,
Taken

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 5:1 "But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,

Acts 5:2 "And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

Acts 5:3 "But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

Acts 5:4 "Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

here, many a Christian try to prove that the so called third Person in the trinity is the Father, (which is correct), but what they forget is what follows,

Acts 5:5 "And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

Acts 5:6 "And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.

Acts 5:7 "And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.

Acts 5:8 "And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.

Acts 5:9 "Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.

Acts 5:10 "Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.

here we find in verse 9, that it is the same Spirit that's in verse 3 & 4. the Spirit of the "Lord". the Lord is God, supportive scripture,
John 20:27 "Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

John 20:28 "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
THE SAME PERSON, JESUS, who is Lord, and God.

PICJAG

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't it a generally accepted axiom that book learnin' is good?

I am not opposed to learning knowledge from books.
I promote learning Gods word from the Book called the Bible.

Glory to God,
Taken

D

Dave L

Glory to God,
Taken
But, God placed teachers in the church who write books. And Church history is not a bible topic. But ignorance of it

Glory to God,
Taken
There's a whole area of church history we need to know. As they say without a knowledge of history we repeat the same mistakes.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
U are welcome, nope, only what you tried to make it say... (Word, Son)

KNOWING WHAT IT SAYS...should have been clear to you....If you were familiar with what was revealed LATER...it would have been to your advantage of understanding.

(Word, Son)...that you objected to:

John 1
[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

[14] And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

the WHOLR of God is ONE PERSON, his Spirit is him, and his Word is him. nothing different or separate.

The WHOLE of God, ONE SPIRIT, called;
thee Lord God Almighty.

God is not a "PERSON".

per·son
/ˈpərs(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    a human being regarded as an individual.

1 Corinthians 12:1 "Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.

For your sake, I would hope you to not be ignorant of Gods knowledge or of Gods understanding.

One God, Lord God Almighty, who is NOT separate from Himself.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever studied the creeds?

No Dave. I have not read the list of CREEDS men have made.

But I have seen YOU claim to OTHERS, that they "OPPOSE" or "DAMN" or "REFUTE" the list of creeds.

Up front I will tell you...I do not "OPPOSE" what I have not read, nor do I "DAMN" what I have not read, nor "REFUTE" what I have not read.

The FACT is...
I DO NOT "CONSIDER" what I have not read.

The FACT is...
I have NOT READ the list of CREEDS, therefore I do NOT Consider them, and obviously DO NOT STUDY THEM.

Why is your group of men who they refuted better than those who refuted them?

Well how about YOU TELL ME "WHO IS THIS IMAGINARY "GROUP", you have INVENTED, and call "MINE", so as soon as I know WHO THEY ARE, I can ASK THEM?

Glory to God,
Taken

D

Dave L

No Dave. I have not read the list of CREEDS men have made.

But I have seen YOU claim to OTHERS, that they "OPPOSE" or "DAMN" or "REFUTE" the list of creeds.

Up front I will tell you...I do not "OPPOSE" what I have not read, nor do I "DAMN" what I have not read, nor "REFUTE" what I have not read.

The FACT is...
I DO NOT "CONSIDER" what I have not read.

The FACT is...
I have NOT READ the list of CREEDS, therefore I do NOT Consider them, and obviously DO NOT STUDY THEM.

Well how about YOU TELL ME "WHO IS THIS IMAGINARY "GROUP", you have INVENTED, and call "MINE", so as soon as I know WHO THEY ARE, I can ASK THEM?

Glory to God,
Taken
The creeds are part of Church History. And you should not neglect this study. We always depend on theose who are more learned than we are. That's why people go to church. Paul told Timothy; “Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.” (1 Timothy 4:13) (KJV 1900)

And; “Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.” (1 Timothy 4:16) (KJV 1900)

“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.” (2 Timothy 3:16–17) (KJV 1900)

And so on.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
1Jo 5:1

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

Act 4:10

Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

Act 4:11

This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

Act 4:12

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Great verses there! John's Epistle I find so very searching...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is this the SAME Spirit, or is this another Spirit, .... two?.

It is both the same Spirit, and it is a distinct Spirit from the 1st.

How, you ask...

The Father inhabiteth eternity; but He became a Man, who died and gave up His Spirit back to the One who inhabiteth eternity.

The One who inhabiteth eternity dwells throughout eternity and cannot vacate it, even in descending to become a Man. This is the Father, the 1st Person of the Trinity, the one Spirit.

Now when He became a Man it is the same Spirit who dwells in that Man; and when that Man gives His Spirit back to the Father, He gives back to the Father that same Spirit. He is also that One Spirit who proceedeth from the Father; and, He also has the experiential knowledge of having been human.

How about Jesus' baptism for starters? All three Father, Son, and Holy Spirit present yet separate.

Present yet distinct (even according to the creeds, the members of the Godhead are not separate but distinct).

How many Gods/Lords are present at Jesus' baptism, @Dave L? Answer me.

My take on this is that when Jesus released His Spirit (who was the Father) back into eternity, His Spirit rose to fill all things and exists again outside of time and is also able to descend into any place in time that He desires.

The Father, being outside of time, spoke to Jesus "This is my beloved Son" sending His voice to that place in time. And the Holy Spirit also descended to that place in time (from eternity after filling all things when Jesus said Into thy hands I commend my spirit in Luke 23:46) to abide upon Jesus like a Dove.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, God placed teachers in the church who write books. And Church history is not a bible topic. But ignorance of it.

"CREEDS" men write, was the topic.
Why are you now talking about BOOKS men write?

There's a whole area of church history we need to know. As they say without a knowledge of history we repeat the same mistakes.

I don't think church history is much of a mystery.

Glory to God,
Taken

D

Dave L

It is both the same Spirit, and it is a distinct Spirit from the 1st.

How, you ask...

The Father inhabiteth eternity; but He became a Man, who died and gave up His Spirit back to the One who inhabiteth eternity.

The One who inhabiteth eternity dwells throughout eternity and cannot vacate it. This is the Father, the 1st Person of the Trinity, the one Spirit.

Now when He became a Man it is the same Spirit who dwells in that Man; and when that Man gives His Spirit back to the Father, He gives back to the Father that same Spirit. He is also that One Spirit who proceedeth from the Father; and, He also has the experiential knowledge of having been human.

Present yet distinct (even according to the creeds, the members of the Godhead are not separate but distinct).

How many Gods/Lords are present at Jesus' baptism, @Dave L? Answer me.

My take on this is that when Jesus released His Spirit (who was the Father) back into eternity, His Spirit rose to fill all things and exists again outside of time and is also able to descend into any place in time that He desires.

The Father, being outside of time, spoke to Jesus "This is my beloved Son" sending His voice to that place in time. And the Holy Spirit also descended to that place in time (from eternity after filling all things when Jesus said Into thy hands I commend my spirit in Luke 23:46) to abide upon Jesus like a Dove.
God is one spiritual essence having three persons of the same essence. Called Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that's God writting.

Disagree. God is the author, men do the writing.

2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

I am well Familiar with ^ that Scripture and its meaning.

Not sure what you think you are trying to convince me of, that I am not already convinced of.

Glory to God,
Taken