Trinity vs. Tritheism: Understanding the Trinity.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes you think you are not an idol worshiper?

WHAT makes you think I am?

Have you checked the history of your belief about God?

Checked the history? OF WHAT...mans IDEAS? Nope...don't care about mans IDEAS.

Of Christ Jesus' IDEAS? YES...
One Lord God Almighty...and have already Confessed my Belief and Faithfulness TO THEE ONE Lord God Almighty.

How the entire church condemns it as heresy since the earliest times?

WOW...the "ENTIRE" church condemns Confessed Belief and Faithfulness TO THEE ONE Lord God Almighty?

Boy oh boy....Glad I didn't put my FAITH in MEN who make such declarations..(LIKE YOU)

How your belief resurfaced in the early 1900s in the Pentecostal outbreak. And that most Pentecostals reject your belief and identify Oneness as heresy too?

Well I can not say what Pentecostals DID...
Or what some Pentecostals REJECTED....

But if there was a Time of Revival of ANYONE, in the early 1900's, WHO heartfully believed, in thee ONE, Lord God Almighty.....I would say, thee ONE, Lord God Almighty, SEALED THEM, unto Him, and made them "sons of God"....

And that Christianity is the only religion to worship God in trinity.[/B]

Really? You Worship God "IN" "Trinity"?
The SAME GOD your DOCTRINE teaches is:
Separate....
A human person?
A heavenly person?
A spirit person?

A God your own words said....

...passages PROVE God is NOT ONE

And then you wag your tongue at me because I do not go along with YOUR DOCTRINE that SEPARATES GOD and calls Him the Created.

Sorry for you Dude, you hanging on to your MINDS carnal understanding, does not relieve you of the consequences of making FALSE accusations against me.

All others, including Islam hold you view of God? You need to consider this - seriously.

Seriously? I need to consider MY VIEW of THEE ONE Lord God Almighty?

Pfft!

Seriously? You are claiming ISLAM views God, as THEE ONE Lord God Almighty?

LOL

You keep digging yourself into a deeper hole.
You, (not me) are accountable for what YOU SAY.

Glory to THEE ONE Lord God Almighty,
Taken

Last edited:
D

Dave L

WHAT makes you think I am?

Checked the history? OF WHAT...mans IDEAS? Nope...don't care about mans IDEAS.

Of Christ Jesus' IDEAS? YES...
One Lord God Almighty...and have already Confessed my Belief and Faithfulness TO THEE ONE Lord God Almighty.

WOW...the "ENTIRE" church condemns Confessed Belief and Faithfulness TO THEE ONE Lord God Almighty?

Boy oh boy....Glad I didn't put my FAITH in MEN who make such declaration..(LIKE YOU)

Well I can not say what Pentecostals DID...
Or what some Pentecostals REJECTED....

But if there was a Time of Revival of ANYONE, in the early 1900's, WHO heartfully believed, in thee ONE, Lord God Almighty.....I would say, thee ONE, Lord God Almighty, SEALED THEM, unto Him, and made them "sons of God"....

Really? You Worship God "IN" "Trinity"?
The SAME GOD your DOCTRINE teaches is:
Separate....
A human person?
A heavenly person?
A spirit person?

A God your own words said....

And then you wag your tongue at me because I do not go along with YOUR DOCTRINE that SEPARATES GOD and calls Him the Created.

Sorry for you Dude, you hanging on to your MINDS carnal understanding, does not relieve you of the consequences of making FALSE accusations against me.

Seriously? I need to consider MY VIEW of THEE ONE Lord God Almighty?

Seriously? You are claiming ISLAM views God, as THEE ONE Lord God Almighty?

You keep digging yourself into a deeper hole.
You, (not me) are accountable for what YOU SAY.

Taken
Still no answer about the Father. Son, and Holy Spirit simultaneously present at Jesus' baptism.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot "reason" your way out of this.

What I am IN, is Faithfulness to THEE ONE Lord God Almighty.... I have no intention of "TRYING" to "reason" otherwise! LOL

All you can do is neglect many scriptures that refute your views.

You are SO hung up on your MINDS Understanding.....you don't even get...
I do not "refute" or "disagree" with ANY Scriptures....

So, maybe you can comprehend "I DISAGREE WITH YOU"... not Scriptures.

You cannot deal with even the simplest of them, the baptism of Jesus.

With a HOLY SPIRIT baptism of a HUMAN, something within the HUMAN "changes".

What CHANGES WITH ANY MAN, because the man is dipped in WATER?

WHAT CHANGED WITH JESUS, because He was dipped in WATER, by John?

NOTHING DUDE!

What CHANGED, was the VIEW OF MEN.

NOTHING CHANGED IN JESUS!

Heb 13
[8] Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Three persons, all called God

Uh....how convenient you have neglected to mention....ONE OF THOSE THREE _persons_ ..you have declared IS THE CREATED....

(Aka....your 'human Jesus')

Are you going to try to place several items in your grocery cart, and try to pay for only one? Telling the cashier that the cucumber morphed into the carrot, and after that, into the celery?

That's what you are trying to pull here.

LOL....no dude.

What I am saying is ...
My will
My word
My spirit

IS NOT tHrEE SePArAte PerSONS.

Gods Will
Gods Word
Gods Spirit

IS NOT THREE Separate Persons.

You would do well to LISTEN, and stop trying to TEACH God is Separate from Himself.
It's a fail.

Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still no answer about the Father. Son, and Holy Spirit simultaneously present at Jesus' baptism.

LOL - you have repeatedly been told...and still you are WONDERING ... gee.

The Answer is thee Lord God Almighty IS ALWAYS with HIMSELF...

Glory to thee ONE Lord God Almighty,
Taken

D

Dave L

LOL - you have repeatedly been told...and still you are WONDERING ... gee.

The Answer is thee Lord God Almighty IS ALWAYS with HIMSELF...

Glory to thee ONE Lord God Almighty,
Taken
Again, how can God be love if he is only one person with no other person to love?

D

Dave L

What I am IN, is Faithfulness to THEE ONE Lord God Almighty.... I have no intention of "TRYING" to "reason" otherwise! LOL

You are SO hung up on your MINDS Understanding.....you don't even get...
I do not "refute" or "disagree" with ANY Scriptures....

So, maybe you can comprehend "I DISAGREE WITH YOU"... not Scriptures.

With a HOLY SPIRIT baptism of a HUMAN, something within the HUMAN "changes".

What CHANGES WITH ANY MAN, because the man is dipped in WATER?

WHAT CHANGED WITH JESUS, because He was dipped in WATER, by John?

NOTHING DUDE!

What CHANGED, was the VIEW OF MEN.

NOTHING CHANGED IN JESUS!

Heb 13
[8] Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Uh....how convenient you have neglected to mention....ONE OF THOSE THREE _persons_ ..you have declared IS THE CREATED....

(Aka....your 'human Jesus')

LOL....no dude.

What I am saying is ...
My will
My word
My spirit

IS NOT tHrEE SePArAte PerSONS.

Gods Will
Gods Word
Gods Spirit

IS NOT THREE Separate Persons.

You would do well to LISTEN, and stop trying to TEACH God is Separate from Himself.
It's a fail.

Taken
God is love. How can love be if no other person exists to love?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, how can God be love
God says so. That's how. You can believe it or not.

1 John 4:
[8] ...God is love.

if he is only one person

I don't call God "A Person" or "Three Persons"....So that would be your delimma to figure out, not mine.

with no other person to love?

So, you are saying God must be "more that one person" to LOVE HIMSELF?

And what about YOU...? Are you "also" more than one person, so you can love yourself?
Or what...you DO NOT LOVE YOURSELF...?

You are digging your into a nonsensical load of junk, that has nothing to do with God.

Taken

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I look at some of His attributes such as his, patience, kindness- 1 Corinthians 13:4 "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."

He is the essence of all that Love encompasses...could He not love His creations even if they were not human? I mean, after all, He IS The Creator, lol. ♥

Reactions: Dave L and Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Guess you overlooked THEE Lord God Almighty IS LOVE and created Billions of human people, TO LOVE!

Yipes you reveal your utter confusion. :rolleyes:

D

Dave L

Guess you overlooked THEE Lord God Almighty IS LOVE and created Billions of human people, TO LOVE!

Yipes you reveal your utter confusion. :rolleyes:
If God is perfect he cannot change. Any change would be to imperfection. So God is love even before creation having perfect love between the persons of the Godhead. God did not begin loving anyone he didn't already love eternally.

Reactions: Nancy
D

Dave L

I look at some of His attributes such as his, patience, kindness- 1 Corinthians 13:4 "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."

He is the essence of all that Love encompasses...could He not love His creations even if they were not human? I mean, after all, He IS The Creator, lol. ♥
He hates sin and sinners. But because he is eternally love, he set his love on those who are saved before the foundation of the world. And he sends the rest into eternal torment.

D

Dave L

But love is meaningless apart from loving. God is complete before creation having perfect love between the persons in the Godhead.

C. S. Lewis:

All sorts of people are fond of repeating the Christian statement that ‘God is love.’ But they seem not to notice that the words ‘God is love’ have no real meaning unless God contains at least two Persons. Love is something that one person has for another person. If God was a single person, then before the world was made, He was not love. (Mere Christianity [revised and enlarged edition, HarperSanFrancisco, 2001], ch. 2; pp. 160-161.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nancy

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But love is meaningless apart from loving. God is complete before creation having perfect love between the persons in the Godhead.
Agreed John chapter 5 is a good reference Jesus makes himself egual to God the are coequal,colabor,coexist,etc infuriated the religious rulers(wanted to kill him

Reactions: Dave L
D

Dave L

that's been debunked .....
Not by you or anyone else so far. How about CS Lewis on God's love?

C. S. Lewis:

All sorts of people are fond of repeating the Christian statement that ‘God is love.’ But they seem not to notice that the words ‘God is love’ have no real meaning unless God contains at least two Persons. Love is something that one person has for another person. If God was a single person, then before the world was made, He was not love. (Mere Christianity [revised and enlarged edition, HarperSanFrancisco, 2001], ch. 2; pp. 160-161.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All sorts of people are fond of repeating the Christian statement that ‘God is love.’ But they seem not to notice that the words ‘God is love’ have no real meaning unless God contains at least two Persons.
first thanks for the reply, second, U said, "the words ‘God is love’ have no real meaning unless God contains at least two Persons".

NOT TWO PERSONS, but another of the SAME PERSON, this is what "DIVERSITY" all about... ANOTHER of oneself....... (smile)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God is perfect

IF ?

WOW...

he cannot change. Any change would be to imperfection. So God is love even before creation having perfect love between the persons of the Godhead. God did not begin loving anyone he didn't already love eternally.

You are rambling....trying to PROVE God is three persons, Because God IS Love...

God IS ONE Thee Lord God Almighty.

Love IS doing what is Righteous regardless of the consequences....and precisely WHY God IS Love.

God DOES NOT FORCE men to Believe...
That would NOT BE Righteous to give men freeWILL, and then FORCE them Against their WILL.

God IS JUST. There are consequences for men WHO freely Choose to Believe AND men WHO freely Choose to NOT Believe.
And Gods JUSTICE will prevail equally for what ALL men freely choose to Believe.

What a man Chooses, DOES NOT Change God....What is Love, what is Righteous, what is Just....remains Constant IN God....
Regardless of what MEN think, believe, do.

(Your rambling on about Gods (supposed three separate persons) has to be or God couldn't possiblly be love;
is utter NONSENSE)

Glory to Thee ONE Lord God Almighty,
Taken