Trinity vs. Tritheism: Understanding the Trinity.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not by you or anyone else so far. How about CS Lewis on God's love?

C. S. Lewis:

All sorts of people are fond of repeating the Christian statement that ‘God is love.’ But they seem not to notice that the words ‘God is love’ have no real meaning unless God contains at least two Persons. Love is something that one person has for another person. If God was a single person, then before the world was made, He was not love. (Mere Christianity [revised and enlarged edition, HarperSanFrancisco, 2001], ch. 2; pp. 160-161.
Dave I need your help I was on my way home and realized what I think may be a distinct trait of the Holy Spirit, he never bares witness of himself. What are your thoughts on this

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But love is meaningless apart from loving. God is complete before creation having perfect love between the persons in the Godhead.

C. S. Lewis:

All sorts of people are fond of repeating the Christian statement that ‘God is love.’ But they seem not to notice that the words ‘God is love’ have no real meaning unless God contains at least two Persons. Love is something that one person has for another person. If God was a single person, then before the world was made, He was not love. (Mere Christianity [revised and enlarged edition, HarperSanFrancisco, 2001], ch. 2; pp. 160-161.

So? It is not exactly news, you follow what men say.

Why would you think I am impressed, because you reveal a NAME of a man, you follow after?

then before the world was made, He was not love.

Do you ever do ANY thinking for yourself?

The Heavens and Celestials were Created BEFORE mankind....and your teaching, is that God did not LOVE those Creations. Pfft!

Col 1:
[16] For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Who said God does not LOVE Himself and LOVE ALL of His Creations?

(You simply teach some weird notion God could not LOVE....unless He was MULTIPLE "PERSONS"....that YOU INCLUDE "one" of those "persons" to be A "created HUMAN person"..... UTTER NONSENSE.)

God IS NOT the Created.

Glory to Thee Lord God Almighty,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dave I need your help I was on my way home and realized what I think may be a distinct trait of the Holy Spirit, he never bares witness of himself. What are your thoughts on this

Of course God bares witness of Himself.

Gen.17
[1] And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God;

The Point of understanding Scripture IS:
FOLLOW the ORDER of what happens WHEN.

God does not bare witness of Himself....
UNTIL AFTER Another has bared witness of Him.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can’t get past the conversations between them in Isaiah

Every time a Converted man, in his MIND thinks of something Deceptive, that man IS in Conflict with the TRUTH in his heart.

That man absolutely can have a "conversation with himself" between his MINDS thoughts and his Hearts thoughts...

And Paul taught on that ^ subject, being at times a struggle and something he disliked within himself....and expressed it would be better to be at home with the Lord...than to have to deal with the struggle.

Difference with God is...His thoughts NEVER conflict.

Glory to God,
Taken

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every time a Converted man, in his MIND thinks of something Deceptive, that man IS in Conflict with the TRUTH in his heart.

That man absolutely can have a "conversation with himself" between his MINDS thoughts and his Hearts thoughts...

And Paul taught on that ^ subject, being at times a struggle and something he disliked within himself....and expressed it would be better to be at home with the Lord...than to have to deal with the struggle.

Difference with God is...His thoughts NEVER conflict.

Glory to God,
Taken
That’s why I’m seeking godly counsel

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s why I’m seeking godly counsel

Gods Precepts teach. If you have the Truth in your Heart...(which is what DOES apply to a Converted man)...You have the Help of THEE Power of God to supercede (overcome, make greater) the thoughts of your heart OVER the thoughts of your mind.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately the majority of what I find in this world is men devoid of love.

But that is not news. Scripture clearly tells you, the majority reject thee Lord God Almighty.

A man can observe and find it unfortunate...
Consider what God feels when He observes not only what you observe....but every single person who has from the beginning rejected Him. Staggering!

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Disregard please!

Hey, if you want to delete a post, go to the bottom of your post, tap the three horizontal lines, then tap delete post. Do the same with the additional post.

Glory to God,
Taken

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You fabricated another false doctrine and tried to push it of giving it a respectable name.
That is only your opinion...unless you can bring forth scriptural proof (or even evidence) that anything I have said is unbiblical (and therefore false doctrine).

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that's been debunked .....

Not by you or anyone else so far.

Actually it has been debunked...however the debunking evidently went over your head for that you are thinking with the natural mind.

Dave I need your help I was on my way home and realized what I think may be a distinct trait of the Holy Spirit, he never bares witness/testifies of himself. What are your thoughts on this

Yes the Holy Spirit testifies of Himself...He inspired the holy scriptures to be written...and they bear witness of who the Holy Spirit is.

Reactions: 101G
D

Dave L

Actually it has been debunked...however the debunking evidently went over your head for that you are thinking with the natural mind.

Yes the Holy Spirit testifies of Himself...He inspired the holy scriptures to be written...and they bear witness of who the Holy Spirit is.
Please show how three persons, each called God in scripture, at Jesus' baptism, were one person.

“And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” (Matthew 3:16–17) (KJV 1900)

D

Dave L

That is only your opinion...unless you can bring forth scriptural proof (or even evidence) that anything I have said is unbiblical (and therefore false doctrine).
You do not align with any of the historic trinity doctrines.

D

Dave L

So? It is not exactly news, you follow what men say.

Why would you think I am impressed, because you reveal a NAME of a man, you follow after?

Do you ever do ANY thinking for yourself?

The Heavens and Celestials were Created BEFORE mankind....and your teaching, is that God did not LOVE those Creations. Pfft!

Col 1:
[16] For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Who said God does not LOVE Himself and LOVE ALL of His Creations?

(You simply teach some weird notion God could not LOVE....unless He was MULTIPLE "PERSONS"....that YOU INCLUDE "one" of those "persons" to be A "created HUMAN person"..... UTTER NONSENSE.)

God IS NOT the Created.

Glory to Thee Lord God Almighty,
Taken
God is love. And scripture defines love as loving others as your own self. So this proves more than one person in the eternal (unchangeable) Godhead.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
for all those who are still in rejection to the debunking of the three so called persons at our Lord's baptism, let's put some more snuff in your lip.
#1. None of the trinity believer cannot reconcile John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24.

#2. Now comes Job 33:4 "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life".

In Isaiah 44:24 it was the LORD/FATHER who made all things. "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself".

in John 1:3 it was the Lord/Son who made all things, "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

here we have all the titles of JESUS
Father, Word, Spirit,

just as 1 John 5:7 states, "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

if anyone is still in rejection, they are either Blind, obtuse, or down right dishonest.

we use Bile to back up what we say. the Spripture don't lie.

there never was a trinity, God is not a trinity, and never will be a trinity.

PICJAG

D

Dave L

“Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of [Greek = from his own viewpoint] himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.” (John 16:13) (KJV 1900)

The Holy Spirit is relaying Jesus' words to us it seems. But we also see him making decisions and speaking to believers in Acts through believers.

“As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.” (Acts 13:2) (KJV 1900)

“Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia, After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not.” (Acts 16:6–7) (KJV 1900)

D

Dave L

for all those who are still in rejection to the debunking of the three so called persons at our Lord's baptism, let's put some more snuff in your lip.
#1. None of the trinity believer cannot reconcile John 1:3 and Isaiah 44:24.

#2. Now comes Job 33:4 "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life".

In Isaiah 44:24 it was the LORD/FATHER who made all things. "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself".

in John 1:3 it was the Lord/Son who made all things, "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

here we have all the titles of JESUS
Father, Word, Spirit,

just as 1 John 5:7 states, "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

if anyone is still in rejection, they are either Blind, obtuse, or down right dishonest.

we use Bile to back up what we say. the Spripture don't lie.

there never was a trinity, God is not a trinity, and never will be a trinity.

PICJAG
You still cannot reconcile the three persons present at Jesus baptism as being only one person without claiming Jesus was a ventriloquist.

D

Dave L

IF ?

WOW...

You are rambling....trying to PROVE God is three persons, Because God IS Love...

God IS ONE Thee Lord God Almighty.

Love IS doing what is Righteous regardless of the consequences....and precisely WHY God IS Love.

God DOES NOT FORCE men to Believe...
That would NOT BE Righteous to give men freeWILL, and then FORCE them Against their WILL.

God IS JUST. There are consequences for men WHO freely Choose to Believe AND men WHO freely Choose to NOT Believe.
And Gods JUSTICE will prevail equally for what ALL men freely choose to Believe.

What a man Chooses, DOES NOT Change God....What is Love, what is Righteous, what is Just....remains Constant IN God....
Regardless of what MEN think, believe, do.

(Your rambling on about Gods (supposed three separate persons) has to be or God couldn't possiblly be love;
is utter NONSENSE)

Glory to Thee ONE Lord God Almighty,
Taken
Do you think God is eternally perfect? Obviously not if you think he changes roles. Any change in God would be to imperfection.