True View of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the reason it's true is because without humility you will never ask for the grace from God to purify you, and without that grace - whether a Christian or not - there's no hope you will be purified. I always say, no one can be holy without the Holy Spirit, and His manifest Presence is not a given. It is granted by grace.

"Grace from God to purify you?", I'm not sure I'm familiar with that concept, can you please explain, I would like to know more :)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Grace from God to purify you?", I'm not sure I'm familiar with that concept, can you please explain, I would like to know more :)

:)

All things from God are received by grace, just like your passage was saying. The gifts, the fruit, wisdom, revelation concerning the word, everything comes by asking Him for them by grace. I've heard it said that this is the prayer He answers - when we ask for things purely by His grace - and I fully believe that. :)

It's a beautiful thing really. It requires us to come to Him as a child, and just ask for help. Not demand help, or expect it as some divine right, or ask impersonally into the air, but approach Him as a Loving Father asking sincerely for help, because we can't do it on our own.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:)

All things from God are received by grace, just like your passage was saying. The gifts, the fruit, wisdom, revelation concerning the word, everything comes by asking Him for them by grace. I've heard it said that this is the prayer He answers - when we ask for things purely by His grace - and I fully believe that. :)

It's a beautiful thing really. It requires us to come to Him as a child, and just ask for help. Not demand help, or expect it as some divine right, or ask impersonally into the air, but approach Him as a Loving Father asking sincerely for help, because we can't do it on our own.

This sounds like me, so I understand, I just never put grace into it. Is it grace because that is how we are saved? Ephesians 2:8

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This sounds like me, so I understand, I just never put grace into it. Is it grace because that is how we are saved? Ephesians 2:8

Sorry. Power went out on me last night, and just getting it back.

Yes. Just as we are saved by grace, so does everything else we receive from Him come by the same means. When we ask for His grace in praying for something, it keeps the relationship as it ought to be, so that we don't presume to have arrived at a place where we don't still need Him for all things.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry. Power went out on me last night, and just getting it back.

Yes. Just as we are saved by grace, so does everything else we receive from Him come by the same means. When we ask for His grace in praying for something, it keeps the relationship as it ought to be, so that we don't presume to have arrived at a place where we don't still need Him for all things.

Thanks for helping me to understand that, it makes sense to me now! :)

Reactions: Hidden In Him

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now I thank you for that,,it is a much more informative summary..thanks....makes a lot more sense to me although it is NOT for me and it is NOT scriptural...I must say it is a creative blend and view of scripture regarding salvation, being a true Christian and the future life.....in the Holy City or in Outer darkness..I take it where most shall dwell....
My POV is that God created an humanity, of which we are a part, for the purpose of sharing Himself with. This is what love does.

That this humanity became corrupted by obtaining the knowledge of good and evil, going on to live that way, becoming their own judges and juries. No longer living according to God's pattern for them, simply doing those things God created and provided. But instead separated from God and always knowing it, because everyone knows they are wrong.

And the One Who patted together that mound of dirt, and breathed into the first Adam, became the Last Adam, into which God is gathering a new humanity, not just creations, but now in re-creation sons. Sonship in Christ. Sharing all that is in Jesus. And this is given us entirely because we believe what God said. And be it to you according to your faith.

Much love!

Reactions: APAK

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes that is the message of the gospels. And it's important for the churches to be a beacon of righteousness. And with that I'm reminded of the parable of the tax collector:

Luke 18:9-14

9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

And it kind of blurs the lines somewhat. Although I don't like people saying God accepts sin, but rather may accept some sinners.
Hi Devin,

Psalm 106, I think, God has pity on His worshipers, because He remembers our frame, that we're just dust.

No, I don't think God accepts sin, but He knows who and what we are, and so has accepted us in Christ.

Much love!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are some who continue in sin, not purifying themselves...
This thread is deviating from "the true view of God" to the "true view of those who profess to know God". So what should really be discussed here are the attributes of God and Christ.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are some who continue in sin, not purifying themselves, yet believe in a salvation from a god who accepts it all, no standards, no life changing transformations, continuing on in the old man. It's like you said, self-justification.
And there are some who seem to think they've reached some kind of earthly Nirvana.

They say it takes all kinds, I don't know!

;)

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there are some who seem to think they've reached some kind of earthly Nirvana.

They say it takes all kinds, I don't know!

;)
Yet the truth of the matter is, God doesn't accept sin and Jesus is our standard, if there are some who believe they have reached a "nirvana", what is that to me? All I can do is what Paul says, keep running the race in order to receive the prize.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet the truth of the matter is, God doesn't accept sin and Jesus is our standard, if there are some who believe they have reached a "nirvana", what is that to me? All I can do is what Paul says, keep running the race in order to receive the prize.
I'm sorry, I should never try to be clever . . .

What I really meant was, some appear to think they've reached some sinless state.

But I agree completely . . . what others think do or say matters nothing to our race, we are to run.

Much love!