True View of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A.W. Tozer's "Knowledge of the Holy" discusses our idolatry, perverted thoughts of God, referring to believers. He says, people have false beliefs about God, but act as if they are true, going on to say this is accomplished by deceiving the masses and spoon feeding them ideas about "what is God like?" Instead of seeking God with all of our heart, mind and soul and firstly, seeking the Kingdom of God and God Himself, we listen to what others think about God - the herd mentality, and it's NOT TRUE.

It was an epiphany, this is what "believers" have done, we are at the point where those who claim Christ really don't believe we have a cross to bear, really don't believe that God not only loves but is just, too. They believe God is ok with sin (transvestites, homosexuality, gay marriages, abortion, lying, deceptions) - that these sins don't really matter, because God is love. These are wrong thoughts about God, the most heinous sin!

Is it possible to come back from this? How does a believer stay on the narrow path? Many are chosen but few are called? Found worthy? It's been a wake up call for me.

Anyone else see this, too?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A.W. Tozer's "Knowledge of the Holy" discusses our idolatry, perverted thoughts of God, referring to believers. He says, people have false beliefs about God, but act as if they are true, going on to say this is accomplished by deceiving the masses and spoon feeding them ideas about "what is God like?" Instead of seeking God with all of our heart, mind and soul and firstly, seeking the Kingdom of God and God Himself, we listen to what others think about God - the herd mentality, and it's NOT TRUE.

It was an epiphany, this is what "believers" have done, we are at the point where those who claim Christ really don't believe we have a cross to bear, really don't believe that God not only loves but is just, too. They believe God is ok with sin (transvestites, homosexuality, gay marriages, abortion, lying, deceptions) - that these sins don't really matter, because God is love. These are wrong thoughts about God, the most heinous sin!

Is it possible to come back from this? How does a believer stay on the narrow path? Many are chosen but few are called? Found worthy? It's been a wake up call for me.

Anyone else see this, too?
Hi Agios,

As your name is . . . we separate ourselves unto God.

I agree there is an awful lot of misconception and downright wishful thinking that is construed to be true of God.

I think the biggest question to answer is, how deeply do we desire to know our Creator? Do we realize the depth of His love for us? Do we realize how fully He is able to redeem?

I think we come back from this by renewing our minds, which is done in prayer and fellowship with God, in Scripture, and in setting ourselves to do in our lives what He brings into our hearts.

But again, I think that first and foremost, to believe that God is real, that He is really here in my life, here with me in this room, more real than anything else, and that He intends to do good in and through me.

Much love!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Agios,

I agree there is an awful lot of misconception and downright wishful thinking that is construed to be true of God.

I think the biggest question to answer is, how deeply do we desire to know our Creator? Do we realize the depth of His love for us? Do we realize how fully He is able to redeem?

I think we come back from this by renewing our minds, which is done in prayer and fellowship with God, in Scripture, and in setting ourselves to do in our lives what He brings into our hearts.

But again, I think that first and foremost, to believe that God is real, that He is really here in my life, here with me in this room, more real than anything else, and that He intends to do good in and through me.

Much love!

One of the principle tenets of Judaism is that they are to have God continually before them in thought.

So what you are saying is good...unless you claim to be justified in that. Then you have fallen into the same trap as the Pharisees who also do as you do....both by basking in the sublimity of God...AND...justifying themselves for it.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the principle tenets of Judaism is that they are to have God continually before them in thought.
Amen!

We are to reckon ourselves dead unto sin, and alive unto God. Which is to say, I'm living before God, I am directed by His design, I am accountable to His purposes, I live to please Him.

Much love!

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Agios,

Much love!

Although renewing our mind is good, I think the bigger need for this age is obedience, avoiding sin, for how does a person renew their mind when they are in sin, practicing idolatry. It should be apparent to all how churches have blatantly attempted to redefine who God is, what He does, His attributes to such horrendous measures that it seems very few really know God.

Very few is what God said though! Narrow is the path, few find it. I want to make sure one of those on the narrow path, is me, even THAT is probably a sin because it's selfish on my part. lol

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So what you are saying is good...unless you claim to be justified in that. Then you have fallen into the same trap as the Pharisees who also do as you do....both by basking in the sublimity of God...AND...justifying themselves for it.
There are some who continue in sin, not purifying themselves, yet believe in a salvation from a god who accepts it all, no standards, no life changing transformations, continuing on in the old man. It's like you said, self-justification.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are some who continue in sin, not purifying themselves, yet believe in a salvation from a god who accepts it all, no standards, no life changing transformations, continuing on in the old man. It's like you said, self-justification.
There may be those I'm sure, but I don't find this at all descriptive of Christians I personally know. And there are a great many Christian teachers and pastors whom I daresay this wouldn't represent either.

Did you have anyone particular in mind?

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very few is what God said though! Narrow is the path, few find it. I want to make sure one of those on the narrow path, is me, even THAT is probably a sin because it's selfish on my part. lol
I don't see anything at all sinful in desiring to be certain that you are in love with your Maker.

Much love!

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There may be those I'm sure, but I don't find this at all descriptive of Christians I personally know. And there are a great many Christian teachers and pastors whom I daresay this wouldn't represent either.

Did you have anyone particular in mind?

Much love!
Absolutely! I live in a VERY liberal area, so most of them, most "believers" support those who support that which is contrary to the Word of God. It's difficult to find other people who are truly seeking God - for who God is - not for what the world describes him as.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely! I live in a VERY liberal area, so most of them, most "believers" support those who support that which is contrary to the Word of God. It's difficult to find other people who are truly seeking God - for who God is - not for what the world describes him as.
Yes. What Sir Robert Anderson calls "Christendom". The Christian-styled culture. Or maybe just spiritual babes. This is your time to shine!

Much love!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
'God's Kingdom is likened to......' It behooves us to think on this as it covers every aspect of God's reality....'every aspect' meaning not only the created order but the world of emotions, intentions, thoughts and desires......as the scripture says, 'dividing the bone and the marrow'....every aspect!

I ask myself, am I a worthy citizen of this Kingdom or am I one who gives copious lip service to it then turns my back on what is asked and required of me?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A.W. Tozer's "Knowledge of the Holy"

Good posts and good thread. How often do we hear holiness being preached these days, i.e. as a continual lifestyle the Christian should be living out in their daily lives? Not much I don't think. Most preaching these days makes excuses for believers not living holy lives as a practical reality. I think it's because the church has allowed the sinfulness of the world to creep in, but you will never hear this compromise from what the Spirit says to the churches through visions and dreams. He demands holiness, and always has.

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. What Sir Robert Anderson calls "Christendom". The Christian-styled culture. Or maybe just spiritual babes. This is your time to shine!

Much love!
It's a straight path to hell is what it is. Like A.W. Tozer states - those who have a low view of God, are destroyed.

So downplaying this and calling them "spiritual babes" is just ridiculous and turning a blind eye to the calamity of what is being taught to believers today is - again - heinous. I think it's in Jeremiah 25 or something, discussing how detrimental it will be for the "shepherds" of the herds, because they have so led the flock astray, perhaps so far gone, there is no coming back from this.

Last edited:
Reactions: quietthinker

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's still the time for you to share your light!

:)

Much love!
It is not my responsibility to persuade anyone, that's what God does. He is protecting me by leading me far away from here (as in where I live). Holiness, discipleship - none of that is taught where I live.

Sad as it is, I wonder if there is a place where holiness is taught. I have my doubts.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not my responsibility to persuade anyone, that's what God does. He is protecting me by leading me far away from here. Holiness, discipleship - none of that is taught here or seen here.

Sad as it is, I wonder if there is a place where holiness is taught. I have my doubts.
Let's teach it here at the very least!

Reactions: Nancy and friend of

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not my responsibility to persuade anyone, that's what God does. He is protecting me by leading me far away from here. Holiness, discipleship - none of that is taught here or seen here.

Maybe it’s just you’re the only one here that is Holy.