Truman's Place

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I didn't like my "energy saving" lightbulb because it was made in China. It's dim and strains the eye. I thought it might be a subtle conspiracy to lessen my resistance to communist influence, so I went out to buy a normal lightbulb.
But my store doesn't carry them anymore. Instead, all they had were the energy-saving bulbs designed to lessen one's resistance to thought-control. Or possibly save energy. It's hard to see the truth in this matter...especially with these stupid lightbulbs!
I looked and eventually found a tough-service bulb...for 5 dollars! Being nobody's fool, I bought one...it was worth avoiding the communist snare. And besides, these bulbs last forever! Or so I thought! Several months later...today, it burned out. I couldn't believe it!
So I went looking for the old made-in-communist China bulb and couldn't find it! I can't remember what I did with it. Perhaps it's micro-radiation from the 5-G towers affecting my memory...or perhaps it's because I'm getting old.
I did not say I'm old...I'm too young to be old. Somehow I got old too fast! Those Chinese are smart...perhaps they messed up time so I aged prematurely. Could be! You never know. Prove me wrong. :p
Anyway, I found a lit area in the house, dimly-lit, that is, and as I looked, I thought, "there's no way this bulb was made in China!" Oh, man! Sigh...you guessed it! No wonder it burned out so fast! :eek::confused::rolleyes:

We are living in the last days...of the end of the age...of grace! But that's okay because...
I am on the road...to my home...in the New Jerusalem...yeah! And when I get there, I will find...
No more death...no more mourning...no more crying...or pain! Hallelujah! Lol
It's all good, man, it's all good! :D

Some claim that the flickering of florescent lights gives them migraines.

Reactions: Rita

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I like the sunshine and the cool breeze and wading in water and walking in grass in my bare feet and the feel of sand between my toes. I like standing out beneath a blue sky dotted with fluffy white clouds as they sail along like stately ships on the water.
Winter feels like death to me.
My sister starts to get a bit 'depressed' at this time of the year as nature winds down into its winter sleep. But I embrace it and look forward to cosy days with a book or with my sewing and long evenings with the candles burning and the lamps turned on giving that lovely warm glow.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My sister starts to get a bit 'depressed' at this time of the year as nature winds down into its winter sleep. But I embrace it and look forward to cosy days with a book or with my sewing and long evenings with the candles burning and the lamps turned on giving that lovely warm glow.
@Pearl I get frustrated at the relative inactivity in winter - especially in cold parts of North America.... - but it's good to remember that God is sovereign in the seasons and the Lord Jesus is Alpha and Omega (Revelation 1).

Reactions: Pearl

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Some claim that the flickering of florescent lights gives them migraines.
I use to get migraines and had to have special coating on my glasses to protect from the glare of fluorescent lighting.

Reactions: Truman

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I use to get migraines and had to have special coating on my glasses to protect from the glare of fluorescent lighting.
I've had epileptic fits because of flashing lights.

Reactions: Truman

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the living God
And You endure forever
Your kingdom will not be destroyed
Your dominion will never end
You rescue and You save
You perform signs and wonders
In the heavens
And on the earth! - from somewhere in the book of Daniel
Now that is more like it my friend . At trumans place , LET THE LORD BE POINTED TOO .
Yeah . Now let all that has breath , PRAISE and Thank the glorious LORD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lupus Foundation Of America says that ultra-violet light causes Lupus flares.
One thing I know for sure, I'm not getting out of this life alive...or am I?
The Lord gave me a personal prophecy in an instant song download...this is a line from it.
"Just before you pass away, I will save you from the grave."
Hint noted.
He has saved all lambs from the grave . mark these next words well my friend .
We shall never taste of death . JESUS done conquered death and HE who holds the power .
For lambs all we shed is this mortal robe of flesh . And some will actually still be alive here on earth
WHEN the sky ALSO RIPS WIDE OPEN . And then those who are still here , are FLYING HOME TO THE KING .
Whether we live and remain till HIS COMING , WHICH DOES DRAW NIGH , or whether we are already asleep
WE shall be WITH THE GLORIOUS LORD . OH truman , just the thought of that makes my soul leap for joy .
I mean for JOY . We cant even begin to imagine what being with JESUS and forever free of these bodies
IS GONNA FEEL LIKE . BUT i can say , IT WILL BE FAR BETTER .
TILL THEN , PRAISE AND THANK THE LORD and be pointing to HIM TILL the last and final breath .
Now dance a jig of praise unto the LORD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mean physical, you Jesus freak, you. (It takes one to know one) Lol
I was standing here once, guitar strapped on, worshipping the Lord, and I got so excited that I twirled around on one foot four times!
I won't be surprised if one of the times I actually floated off of the ground! Give God the glory, brother! Lol
Of course i knew you meant physically . I was just floored with the reminder of seeing the glorious JESUS one day .
Truly is a hope that shall abound all things my dear friend . Whatever this ol world throws my way
whatever they threaten us with , the lambs shall not be moved . For our hope is in the GLORIOUS LORD and our heart is on the prize
Now lift those hands and praise the glorious LORD . Yes indeed my friend .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I've had epileptic fits because of flashing lights.
@Pearl Sorry to learn this. The way bright lights affect me at night is that if I'm driving in the dark and there are a lot of bright headlights, after a while it becomes a struggle to keep driving without resting a little.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl Sorry to learn this. The way bright lights affect me at night is that if I'm driving in the dark and there are a lot of bright headlights, after a while it becomes a struggle to keep driving without resting a little.
It's many years ago since I had a fit and only ever had two of three so I'm not epileptic or anything just the flashing lights affected me. And about your night vision you can special specs that reduce the glare.

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Of course i knew you meant physically . I was just floored with the reminder of seeing the glorious JESUS one day .
Truly is a hope that shall abound all things my dear friend . Whatever this ol world throws my way
whatever they threaten us with , the lambs shall not be moved . For our hope is in the GLORIOUS LORD and our heart is on the prize
Now lift those hands and praise the glorious LORD . Yes indeed my friend .
“Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭3:13-14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He has saved all lambs from the grave . mark these next words well my friend .
We shall never taste of death . JESUS done conquered death and HE who holds the power .
For lambs all we shed is this mortal robe of flesh . And some will actually still be alive here on earth
WHEN the sky ALSO RIPS WIDE OPEN . And then those who are still here , are FLYING HOME TO THE KING .
Whether we live and remain till HIS COMING , WHICH DOES DRAW NIGH , or whether we are already asleep
WE shall be WITH THE GLORIOUS LORD . OH truman , just the thought of that makes my soul leap for joy .
I mean for JOY . We cant even begin to imagine what being with JESUS and forever free of these bodies
IS GONNA FEEL LIKE . BUT i can say , IT WILL BE FAR BETTER .
TILL THEN , PRAISE AND THANK THE LORD and be pointing to HIM TILL the last and final breath .
Now dance a jig of praise unto the LORD .
Ooooh…. Oh bring it on.
Nothing brings me more joy than the thought of departing this world and forever being with Christ. And this is not a sin. It’s scriptural.

“For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭1:21-23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Reactions: amigo de christo

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It's many years ago since I had a fit and only ever had two of three so I'm not epileptic or anything just the flashing lights affected me. And about your night vision you can special specs that reduce the glare.
@Pearl Actually tried that but the result was that it seemed so dark that it was had to see to drive!

Glad your symptoms didn't continue.