Truth Be Told

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can show you several verses that do not say "you can lose your salvation" but they are saying "you can lose your salvation."

They have been posted (I have seen them) time and time again, but they are not believed.

I posted one this morning from Ezekiel 18:24,

"But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die."

The trespass that he committed was abandoning his faith! That is turning from the righteousness given by faith.
ok to be on the flip side that is o.t cov. .. but to prove my point i am looking for scripture with the exact word can or can not . i can show you chapter 3 or 33 that say what you posted

The trespass that he committed was abandoning his faith! That is turning from the righteousness given by faith.
does it say them exact words?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok to be on the flip side that is o.t cov. .. but to prove my point i am looking for scripture with the exact word can or can not . i can show you chapter 3 or 33 that say what you posted

does it say them exact words?

Show me the exact words "you cannot lose your salvation."

We can both play that game, but it's a waste of time.

There are to many scriptures that show one can lose their salvation for it not to be so.

Probably the greatest of them all is Rev. 22:19,

"And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

This verse is plainly saying your part can be taken out of the Book of Life.

How can your part be taken out if it's not already in?

A person who would change the Word of God is a person who has already reached the point of unbelief, and unbelief is the core reason his part is taken out.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can both play that game, but it's a waste of time.
please let me expain something to you. READ IT CLOSELY I AM NOT PLAYING GAMES I AM PROVING A POINT IN SCRIPTURE . THAT THE EXACT WORDS CAN OR CAN NOT IS NOT FOUND IN THE BIBLE ..

i do not teach either one i teach we can know we have eternal life.. what does the word for ever mean everlasting what does it mean... we are under the new cov our salvation has been bought with the Blood of Christ..

what that means is i can go to be at night saved and still be saved the next morning.

if you wish to take this to a childish level. i will not reply back once again i am not proving either way can or can not called solo scripture maybe you made the point --waste of time

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
please let me expain something to you. READ IT CLOSELY I AM NOT PLAYING GAMES I AM PROVING A POINT IN SCRIPTURE . THAT THE EXACT WORDS CAN OR CAN NOT IS NOT FOUND IN THE BIBLE ..

i do not teach either one i teach we can know we have eternal life.. what does the word for ever mean everlasting what does it mean... we are under the new cov our salvation has been bought with the Blood of Christ..

what that means is i can go to be at night saved and still be saved the next morning.

if you wish to take this to a childish level. i will not reply back once again i am not proving either way can or can not called solo scripture maybe you made the point --waste of time

Eternal security is an absolute truth! As long as one holds the faith to the end.

That means to the end of this physical life.

Faith is what got you into the Grace of God and faith is what keeps you in.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternal security is an absolute truth! As long as one holds the faith to the end.

That means to the end of this physical life.

Faith is what got you into the Grace of God and faith is what keeps you in.
congratulation on making up your own teaching
that's not true eternal security teaching. but never the less my replies are solo what scriptures say word for word.. you can have the post im done

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
congratulation on making up your own teaching that's not true eternal security teaching. but never the less my replies are solo what scriptures say word for word.. you can have the post im done

You want "true eternal security teaching" word for word from scripture? Here it is.

1 John 5:13

"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."

Do you see here that eternal security and believing (faith) in the Son of God is what John is saying here.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want "true eternal security teaching" word for word from scripture? Here it is.

1 John 5:13

"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."

Do you see here that eternal security and believing (faith) in the Son of God is what John is saying here.
your worse than a kid it does not say the words eternal security in fact the words security is not used.. you just dont get it..

why i have no idea can you not read my O.P ????? its about what scripture has to say. not can you or can not . know hat i mean vern?

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this what eternal security means
Eternal security
Eternal security, also known as "once saved, always saved", is the belief that from the moment anyone becomes a Christian, they will be saved from hell, and will not lose what your trying to say is what the general and freewill Baptist teach

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your worse than a kid it does not say the words eternal security in fact the words security is not used.. you just dont get it..

why i have no idea can you not read my O.P ????? its about what scripture has to say. not can you or can not . know hat i mean vern?

Oh Ok, I thought when John said "that you may know that you have eternal life" was eternal security.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then you cant lose your salvation your words

No way you can ever lose your salvation if your faith remains in Christ to the end.

Is it possible for one to freely choose Christ and for some reason freely choose to no longer follow Christ at some point?

If something happens in your life and you become bitter with Christ, will He force you to continue believing?

No one plucked that person out of the hand of the Father, they chose to pluck themselves out of His hand.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No way you can ever lose your salvation if your faith remains in Christ to the end.

Is it possible for one to freely choose Christ and for some reason freely choose to no longer follow Christ at some point?

If something happens in your life and you become bitter with Christ, will He force you to continue believing?

No one plucked that person out of the hand of the Father, they chose to pluck themselves out of His hand.
lol you crack me up one time your eternal security next line your not.. where is that scripture found

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol you crack me up one time your eternal security next line your not.. where is that scripture found

You freely chose Christ, and you can freely choose to depart from Christ!

Unless you are a Calvinist who believes the sinner has no say in his salvation.

In other words, God has chose some for salvation and some never had a chance.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those that preach a license to sin are preaching a different Gospel that according to the Apostles are accursed. Preaching a form of Christianity without morals or repercussions. Be good and do good. And that is the truth to be told.

For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt. Hebrews 6:4-6

For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a terrifying expectation of judgment and the fury of a fire which will consume the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has set aside the Law of Moses dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace? For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God. Hebrews 10:26-31

For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them. What the true proverb says has happened to them: “The dog returns to its own vomit, and the sow, after washing herself, returns to wallow in the mire.” 2nd Peter 2:20-22

No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. 1st John 3:6-9

You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace. For through the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love. You were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? This persuasion is not from him who calls you. Galatians 5:4

but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.
1st Corinthians 9:27

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 2nd Corinthians 5:10

But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves. Many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of the truth will be maligned; and in their greed they will exploit you with false words; their judgment from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep. 2nd Peter 2:1-3

2nd Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Matthew 18:9 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.

1st Corinthians 6:9-10 “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor those habitually drunk, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God”

Galatians 5:19-21 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: sexual immorality, impurity, indecent behavior, idolatry, witchcraft, hostilities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Revelation 21:8
But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. “Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles? And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’ Matthew 7:21-23

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You freely chose Christ, and you can freely choose to depart from Christ!
lol ok so now you dont believe in eternal security this gets better each time you post to put your mind at ease i am by far Calvinist. i hope they serve popcorn :D:eek:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeshua and the Apostles were not concerned about non-Christians sinning because it did not matter if they sinned or not, because if they were not Christians they were going to hell anyway. Just like the people that believe Yeshua was just a man.

A good part of Paul’s writings were written to various Christian churches. Most the scriptures I quoted in post 54 were to Christian churches and they are very clear.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeshua and the Apostles were not concerned about non-Christians sinning because it did not matter if they sinned or not, because if they were not Christians they were going to hell anyway. Just like the people that believe Yeshua was just a man.

A good part of Paul’s writing were written to various Christian churches. Most the scriptures I quoted in post 54 were to Christian churches and they are very clear.
I thought this was an Ezra and Charlie debate...lol you stepped in and joined them.:watching and waiting::watching and waiting::watching and waiting:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enjoy the show....
Bless you Lady Heart2soul...
Oh but I am a bit slow....I flipped back to page 2 scene 24 it was Grailhunter and Charlie24...then in scene 33 Ezra steps in...so it's been a 3 stranded debate all along!:D

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh but I am a bit slow....I flipped back to page 2 scene 24 it was Grailhunter and Charlie24...then in scene 33 Ezra steps in...so it's been a 3 stranded debate all along!:D
we can tag team i have retired .its your turn how ever you want it to Go :eek: