truth only ? No. Not possible here.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get what you are saying (I think) and agree but most —not all— profess what they say is truth and they alone have the truth. I’ve considered this concerning myself in being so convinced yet so is everyone else saying something totally different. Often it has been the biggest source of doubt. I could take finding out every thing I’ve believed or ever did turns out to be false. What would be devastating would be for God not to be true. Don’t know if that makes sense.
It makes total sense. People cannot learn the truth until they learn that they know nothing. (Yes, this is actually written in Scripture).
Most people though DO NOT say they alone have the truth - the catholics for instance were taught that their group has the truth, and they had better believe it or else (usually in different words - like god told us the truth thru our (ick) leaders (the deceivers) ) ...
so they think the heirarchy has the truth,
and that everyone who goes along with it also therefore knows the truth,
so the blond leads the blond and they both (all) fall into the pit.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was only addressing the OP to see if people commenting in this thread actually knew the truth, or if the herd mentality was the deciding factor.
Most don't, but no, (perhaps), the posters come from various places, not one place.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whose truth? Scripture can used for anyone's truth.
What does God Himself say in Scripture about the truth? Scripture exposes even the very thoughts and intents of the heart - it does not at all support their own ideas when their own ideas are contrart to Scripture, opposed to truth.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Joseph,
Ah, if only! The Church has been in disagreement for so long now, only God can bring it into unity.
He won't , didn't , and says so. (in His Word)....
===============================================
The Church has been moving further and further away from the day's of Acts.
Amen, Yes, As In Scripture, this is verified - as in the first century, "there are many anti-christs among us" already. And it only got worse after that.
==================================================
We are a bunch of kids fighting over this or that doctrine when the simple message of The Gospel is right in front of our noses.
No, it is not in front of most people today, in our lifetimes, nor for many generations nor most people past.
See (or find) in Scripture the description of people (society) (churches) today - it is far from God, and does not even seek Him, according to all that is written. Only those He calls and chooses for Himself, out of every nation, the remnent few... even desire to seek Him, to turn to Him and to learn from Him (and to be healed by Him) ....
====================================================
There is much pride and many stiff-necked Christians who are stuck in cement and will not receive correction easily. But...God
But...God gives them over to believe their own delusions as written in Revelation - on Judgment Day they show up really apparently seeming to believe they have it made.... and Jesus says to them "I knew you not - everything you did you did for show. Be gone"....

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Dcopymope ,
"revelation never once uses the word at all to refer to any specific individual or group. All I see are the words "beast", "false prophet", "dragon", and "horns".

This is one reason that I don't believe in the 2 man theory...IMHO-the Antichrist (big "A") and the False Prophet" are one and the same. I do not see Satan having some kind of "sidekick".

Well, no actually, what you see in revelation is a type of false trinity, Satan, the first beast, and the second beast/false prophet. None of them are ever described as the "Antichrist", as if there is some big super villain we have to look forward to. The second beast rises and is given all the power of the first beast, and the first beast is given his power and authority from Satan. There is no actual "big A".

(Revelation 16:13-14) "And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. {14} For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty."

The two beasts are tossed in the lake of fire on the Lords second coming.

(Revelation 19:20) "And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone."

But Satan is not, but is instead locked up for a period of time in the "bottomless pit". This proves conclusively that they are meant to be seen as three distinct characters.

(Revelation 20:1-3) "And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. {2} And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, {3} And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season."

Reactions: Nancy

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you possess all knowledge and perfect truth of all Scripture?
Repeated, repeat mockers are welcome to leave the thread. Besides the title of the thread includes "a thread of truth only", and your posts are baited questions with false, ulterior motives it seems, and not at all statements of truth.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It never works...everyone has their own definition of truth and the interpretation of scripture...

Plus, who has the last word on who's is right and who is wrong..? You ? :D

Well said, Helen. I am autistic which means I (try) to keep my mouth shut if I have not studied something in-depth as I am not interested in opinions being a teacher as well. As most of us know you don't pass exams with opinions.

However, having said that this is my opinion (gulp). Too many churches do not teach doctrine. They teach opinion. I say this because so many people here and in the church seem to think sermons are on a take it or leave basis. If you agree with it you take it and if you don't you leave it. Very few are encouraged to unpack it and search the scriptures for themselves. I mean, one of the congregation might happen to know more than what the minister does if they do that and we can't have that can we?

If you look closely, someone can be writing here and have a Ph.D. in the subject but you can guarantee someone here who has nothing in the subject will challenge what they say and tell them they are wrong. What they are actually doing is saying that your Ph.D. is worthless, the people that taught you are useless and the learning institution where you gained your Ph.D. doesn't know what it is doing.

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you possess all knowledge and perfect truth of all Scripture?

I have what the Holy Spirit was willing to give me, the same as he'll do for you.

We are supposed to be in unity, so what better way than all of us get the same truth from the same source through prayer and Gods revealation through His word.

Seems pretty simple to me instead of people wasting all heir time arguing over all this here, like people have done for centuries.

I don't argue anymore.

If you don't like what I say, I'll just move on and find people who are looking for the truth, not thinking they knowit all on their own.

My name is OLIGOA

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repeated, repeat mockers are welcome to leave the thread. Besides the title of the thread includes "a thread of truth only", and your posts are baited questions with false, ulterior motives it seems, and not at all statements of truth.
So you can't handled being questioned?

Got it.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you can't handled being questioned?

Got it.
First start to look like you want the truth. Stop mocking. And reduce you signature - it is only a little less a problem than that red paragraph someone else uses, and the only way I saw to eliminate it so it is not seen is to put them on ignore, and that works just find.

Reactions: Nancy

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have what the Holy Spirit was willing to give me, the same as he'll do for you.

We are supposed to be in unity, so what better way than all of us get the same truth from the same source through prayer and Gods revealation through His word.

Seems pretty simple to me instead of people wasting all heir time arguing over all this here, like people have done for centuries.

I don't argue anymore.

If you don't like what I say, I'll just move on and find people who are looking for the truth, not thinking they knowit all on their own.

My name is OLIGOA

Why do you assume you have all truth, and that others don't but can come to where you are?

Honestly it appears you think you have all while being dismissive of any who rightly challenge you, and while allegedly implying you possess all truth you call them "know it all's." Hmmm. Interesting.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First start to look like you want the truth. Stop mocking.
So you mock, and then continue mocking:
And reduce you signature -
See? You're still mocking, not just me, but my signature. You're angry.
it is only a little less a problem than that red paragraph someone else uses, and the only way I saw to eliminate it so it is not seen is to put them on ignore, and that works just find.
And now you're mocking another person and their signature.