TV Shows

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK ! Big difference ..... I am 82..... and TV just started at my age ? or we just did not have one ??

Any way........ I grew up in Detroit Michigan..... and back then there were only 3 TV stations.....

And they were all in black and white........ and turned off at 10 or 11 at night....... no TV.
and in the morning I do not know what time they came on, no one had it on...... getting ready for work and school.

There were a lot of New's programs [ I seen when I was home sick from school ] [ like 9 :am and 12 noon...... & 3 & 6. on more often.... and very good family programs. Those were the good ole day's......... ha ha....... well......there was no junk on TV.

B

Butterfly

OK ! Big difference ..... I am 82..... and TV just started at my age ? or we just did not have one ??

Any way........ I grew up in Detroit Michigan..... and back then there were only 3 TV stations.....

And they were all in black and white........ and turned off at 10 or 11 at night....... no TV.
and in the morning I do not know what time they came on, no one had it on...... getting ready for work and school.

There were a lot of New's programs [ I seen when I was home sick from school ] [ like 9 :am and 12 noon...... & 3 & 6. on more often.... and very good family programs. Those were the good ole day's......... ha ha....... well......there was no junk on TV.
I am 60 next year, but can relate to much of what you describe. Black and white TV, we only had an hour of children's programs in the afternoon, and half an hour at lunch time. We only had two channels at first, went on to three in early 70's ( I was so pleased to get BBC2 as alias smith and Jones was on it - loved that show ) . Think we went to colour in the 70's - not sure. We missed out on many programs from the USA because we didn't live in the London area, Eventually that changed. We only ever had one TV in the house, so trying to watch your own programs was difficult at times - but at least we watched things as a family.
The first TV mum and dad rented ( not many could afford to buy one ) up until a few years ago my dad still rented one from the same company. The manager retired and gave dad his TV for nothing. The company use to upgrade every few years.
Butterfly x

Reactions: Helen
B

Butterfly

Just stay in touch with God, dear sister. Being in touch with this world is something all of us should avoid as much as we can so as not to be further tainted by it.
I will amedeus - although the world is all around me at work and within my family, it's hard to avoid -I get drawn in at times, especially when I am tired and it is so much easier to just switch the TV on and escape X

Reactions: Helen

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am 60 next year, but can relate to much of what you describe. Black and white TV, we only had an hour of children's programs in the afternoon, and half an hour at lunch time. We only had two channels at first, went on to three in early 70's ( I was so pleased to get BBC2 as alias smith and Jones was on it - loved that show ) . Think we went to colour in the 70's - not sure. We missed out on many programs from the USA because we didn't live in the London area, Eventually that changed. We only ever had one TV in the house, so trying to watch your own programs was difficult at times - but at least we watched things as a family.
The first TV mum and dad rented ( not many could afford to buy one ) up until a few years ago my dad still rented one from the same company. The manager retired and gave dad his TV for nothing. The company use to upgrade every few years.
Butterfly x

I think we only had channel 2 at first , but was not sure ! and the tv was only 12 in. I think or smaller? Such a big box with such a little
screen........ children's program was ? I just had the name and forgot. When I got into my teens there was soap opers, which I did
not care for and still do not... and one or two good family programs...... Robert Young was in one........

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will amedeus - although the world is all around me at work and within my family, it's hard to avoid -I get drawn in at times, especially when I am tired and it is so much easier to just switch the TV on and escape X
I hear you loud and clear. We simply need to lean more heavily on Jesus. We cannot even carry our own burdens alone.