TV Shows

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know this is a TV thread but I feel there is a need for this. The cost of renting and buying movies can be quite high and most video outlets don't have a "Christian only" section. Here is a link to a boat load of free christian movies. Yes they're from Youtube, but Youtube isn't the demon everyone believes it is.

Enjoy. :)

christian movies - YouTube

Excellent, I will bookmark the link.
I agree there are some wonderful full length movies on YouTube and I often watch one if my husband is out ( and I'm not on here :D)
Thanks.

Reactions: pia

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Watched the final episode for the season of Doc Martin the other night.

Reactions: Helen

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just watched the latest episode of The Good Doctor. It's a new show on ABC. It's good.

Here's a trailer.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Watched the final episode for the season of Doc Martin the other night.

A new series is out just now...but only just started being shown here...I like the humour and the setting...the whole series is great. Every time one gets released I 'think' it is his last....I am always so happy when a new show comes. :)

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A new series is out just now...but only just started being shown here...I like the humour and the setting...the whole series is great. Every time one gets released I 'think' it is his last....I am always so happy when a new show comes. :)

Yes the show sure has a unique sense of humour. :)

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Starting Season 7 Doc Martin, just finished 3 seasons of Power, caught up with Outlander, finished The Fall; love binging through series I haven't seen, but
then get them on Netflix for maybe $8 a month...someone mentioned expense...
I love commercials because that's when I reach for one of my dozen spiritual/inspiring
books all around me and get filled up and smile....lemonade from lemons.
icon_thumleft.gif

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
lemonade from lemons
ha, that's my explanation for why i suffer tv at all, even if i use it differently. For instance South Park would surely be broadly condemned as 'lemons' by most ppl here; yet it can be some of the most socially relevant stuff going, especially the first couple of years. Put very roughly, i'll grant, but still

B

Butterfly

ha, that's my explanation for why i suffer tv at all, even if i use it differently. For instance South Park would surely be broadly condemned as 'lemons' by most ppl here; yet it can be some of the most socially relevant stuff going, especially the first couple of years. Put very roughly, i'll grant, but still
My son loves South Park because it deals with issues , I have never liked the show but often talk with him about the issues that come up as he shares things. At 24 he still tries to get me to watch an episode- some of it I would find funny ( especially when they dealt with Tom Cruise )
I do think the show crosses the line with some issues- but do agree that the issues they raise are relevant. We have some really interest discussions without me watching it !

Butterfly

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
My son loves South Park because it deals with issues , I have never liked the show but often talk with him about the issues that come up as he shares things. At 24 he still tries to get me to watch an episode- some of it I would find funny ( especially when they dealt with Tom Cruise )
I do think the show crosses the line with some issues- but do agree that the issues they raise are relevant. We have some really interest discussions without me watching it !

Butterfly
the first couple years every show was relevant--then they got progressively less so for a while. Now they seem to be finding relevancy again, but it is weird, a lot more violent imo now--the authors say in order to be relevant to a younger crowd. As anyone who has checked out memes on google+ knows, our 10-16 year olds are in a very...dark place right now.

i found the T Cruise thing hilarious, but irrelevant; basically bashing
so iow i was rolling, but i made sure to feel guilty lol

B

Butterfly

the first couple years every show was relevant--then they got progressively less so for a while. Now they seem to be finding relevancy again, but it is weird, a lot more violent imo now--the authors say in order to be relevant to a younger crowd. As anyone who has checked out memes on google+ knows, our 10-16 year olds are in a very...dark place right now.

i found the T Cruise thing hilarious, but irrelevant; basically bashing
so iow i was rolling, but i made sure to feel guilty lol
I numbed my guilt because I did not watch it, but ' heard ' about it from my son and only laughed for a few moments ( lol )
I am not too sure it is just 10-16 year olds- yes, I agree about the increase of violence, it's become so much more acceptable within the gaming world, certain TV genre ( Dan likes anime - death note ect )
He also loves Rick and Morty ( never watched that one, but some of the storylines are just plain weird !! ( he chats about that as well )
Butterfly

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Lol - must show my son that x
lol--he's already seen it, surely.
i mean, gag already? R&M have more Righteous Retribution than i like, but at least in between there are moments of illumination...if not much forgiveness :( some, though. Better than that...whatever that is, getting beamed into your 4 year old
24/7 R&M feed, which i guess jumps around a lot, click the YT button for the latest i guess

Last edited:
B

Butterfly

lol--he's already seen it, surely.
i mean, gag already? R&M have more Righteous Retribution than i like, but at least in between there are moments of illumination...if not much forgiveness :( some, though. Better than that...whatever that is, getting beamed into your 4 year old
24/7 R&M feed
"save it for the semantics dome, EB White" lol, priceless
Yes he had already seen it -is that what 4 year olds are watching these days !?

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TV sure has changed.

My son has 8 children and I was wondering why he is not having TV.........? As I started to pay more attention I now see.

I have watched game shows and just old movies , so I did not see that , till I tried watching them....... wow.... what a big difference.

From watching the Donna Reed show and Father knows best........ etc.........

We moved in with him and now I know and see why, we kept the TV in our room for a while and then my husband passed away
and all he watched was sports, and I am not interested in that. So the only TV we watch is tapes and stuff we buy

at the re- sale or we do some times rent movies, but they keep the clicker close by to omit the junk.....

It took a while to understand this, but now I know ! As seeing the children grow up in comparison to other children.....

Reactions: Miss Hepburn
B

Butterfly

TV sure has changed.

My son has 8 children and I was wondering why he is not having TV.........? As I started to pay more attention I now see.

I have watched game shows and just old movies , so I did not see that , till I tried watching them....... wow.... what a big difference.

From watching the Donna Reed show and Father knows best........ etc.........

We moved in with him and now I know and see why, we kept the TV in our room for a while and then my husband passed away
and all he watched was sports, and I am not interested in that. So the only TV we watch is tapes and stuff we buy

at the re- sale or we do some times rent movies, but they keep the clicker close by to omit the junk.....

It took a while to understand this, but now I know ! As seeing the children grow up in comparison to other children.....
I am not sure I could live without the tv , but must admit i do filter it more than I use to. I just do not like all of what is on offer. My son is quite selective with his 9year old daughter - problem is that there is more opportunity to catch things on the Internet - I am kind of glad Ido not have young children in this generation.