Two Kinds of Temptation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two kinds of temptation, and knowing the difference between them is the hidden mystery in Christ from the foundation of the world, and the secret to success in obtaining eternal salvation by obeying Him within first.

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

The temptation of the blessed, that endures it without doing it: the overcomers in Christ Jesus.

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

The temptation of sinners, the are enticed by it to do it: not the overcomers of Christ.

The difference being the blessed tempted to lust within the heart, and the sinners being tempted with lust already within the heart.

To understand the difference, is only by understanding the spiritual nature of righteousness and sin, which begins within the heart:

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

The angels, as all spiritual beings, including men with mortal flesh, are made equally alive and clean and good by God: it is only when there is lust for the sin of disobeying God, that iniquity is found in us.

The one difference between sinners and saints, is that sinners still have lust for sin in the heart, whether they fulfill it with the body or not, and saints have no more lust for sin within the heart, and so do not commit it with the body.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Reactions: Taken

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All men have sinned, save One, by receiving lust to sin within the heart first: disobeying God is first within the heart, and so the first temptation is that of lusting for sin.

Them born again of God to become righteous saints and sons of God, have repented of lusting for sin, and so have their souls and hearts purified of all lust for sins of the world, by obeying the Spirit with power to do so:

And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Unrepentant sinners are simply them who have yet to repent of inward spiritual sin first, even if they seek to do right by God outwardly in the flesh.

Christian sinners that still 'struggle' with sinning, are still trying to fight vainly with the flesh, rather than first purifying and washing within the cup first: They are trying to control their sinning. They are seeking to overcome sinning in the flesh, while yet having lust for sin in the heart:

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

The sons of God now only endure temptation to lust for sin within the heart once more as before, and overcoming that temptation is crowned with life: to steadfastly guard and keep the heart pure with Christ's fellowship in the Light:

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

The only two differences between Jesus made flesh, and all other men made flesh, is that first, while all men were living souls made by Christ with mortal flesh, Jesus was the eternal living soul of God the Word born with the same flesh by the seed of David.

The second main difference of the second Adam, is that Jesus never recieved the lust to sin within His pure heart, which all men are born with, but all other men sinned with by lusting as the devil to disobey God.

Saints that endure temptation to lust again, without receiving it into the heart, receive the crown of Life instead. Sinners that are enticed by temptation through lust of the heart, will surely sin again in the flesh.

If a saint sins again by lusting within the heart, he can confess his lust and be forgiven, before ever fulfilling it with the flesh.

Sinners will sin again by their lust of heart, until they confess lusting to repent of it, and not just sinning bodily.

We do not try to repent of bodily sins, which is carnal warfare against the flesh, without first repenting of the sin of lust within, which is the spiritual warfare against the lust of the devil.

Bodily sins are only the proving symptoms of the beginning of all sin: lusting to disobey God within the heart.

Reactions: Taken

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if we cast down sin at the thought and heart level, we can overcome sin. I think I get that part.

But Im still not quite understanding the difference between the two types of temptations.

I do see the value of repenting from lust within rather than just bodily sins. Thanks for mentioning that.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if we cast down sin at the thought and heart level, we can overcome sin. I think I get that part.

But Im still not quite understanding the difference between the two types of temptations.

I do see the value of repenting from lust within rather than just bodily sins. Thanks for mentioning that.
It's the difference between 'if' and 'when':

The first is temptation to the pure in heart, that they can endure, and not return to lusting for sin, and so the question is 'if' they sin.

The second is temptation to sinners, that will be enticed by their lust, and so there is no question: they will sin.

Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Saints may fall back into lust, but sinners will surely sin again.

Reactions: Wynona

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If a saint sins, he has an Advocate, but when a sinner sins, he needs the Savior.

What sinners call 'struggling' with sin, is not enduring temptation to lust for sin again, but rather is only struggling with the flesh not to do what is still in their heart to do, so that sometimes they do, sometimes they don't: That's why they confess they still sin 'from time to time'.

They are perpetual strugglers only, not overcomers with Jesus: Their wretchedness is as that of the drunkard who tries not to get drunk so often.

That is what Paul emphasized with in Romans 7 and can be prayed for. But hypocrisy is the drunkards who celebrate grace for not getting drunk so often, and so hypocritically claim the no condemnation of Romans 8.

They're not delivered from sinning in the flesh, because they still lust for it within the heart. Their thanks to God is not for freedom from sin, but only 'controlling' it more than before.

Becoming a good or better sinner is not the salvation and justification of Jesus Christ, because it is not the purity of heart that only comes by the power of receiving Him.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Reactions: Wynona

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP - Excellent Post.

The DIVISION is still in EFFECT..
Division between - believers and unbelievers.
Division between - believers in God AND Christ AND Jesus/ or God only.
Division between - believers in God only, divided
Division between - believers CONVERTED, and Not Converted.

TEMPTATIONS....of EVIL spirits or of WICKED men RULE this World.
* EVERY man on the face of this EARTH...IS daily bombarded with
Temptations, of EVIL spirits and WICKED men.

* Gods SAVING GRACE was Offered to ALL and Accepted BY A FEW.
* THAT Offering...is expressly.....”CONVERSION IN CHRIST”.
* A man having been MADE “Converted IN Christ”, IS the only men on the face of this Earth, with an ASSURED guarantee, to forever BE WITH the Lord God Almighty Forever.

* A Converted man, HAS the POWER to “COMMAND” an Evil spirit depart from their presence...and that Evil spirit, MUST OBEY.

* A Converted man, HAS the FULL ARMOR of God, the Spirit of God “IN” them, to “STAND UP Against” Wicked men, AND BE Comforted BY the POWER of God, THROUGH “a Wicked mans” dastardly and unjust, even death treatment of that man.

* An unConverted man, only has his own power against Evil spirits.
* An unConverted man, only has his own comfort to stand against Wicked man...and will easily jump on board WITH THEM, and be content with their mundane treatment and scraps, to keep their bodily life, in BONDED SERVICE to them.

It’s a mysterious conundrum, for those who have not Heard, Learned, MADE their own choice, TO have the Power of God “IN” them, or hang on “HOPE”, they can endure the utter oppression WICKED men have planned and springing into motion before their eyes....(and SADLY the majority of the people, begging for, supporting, their own oppression.).

Get it getting. Being “soul” and “spirit” PREPARED, trumps preparing for saving your flesh. (Hint...all flesh is going to DIE.)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As usual, bunch of rambling nonsense. Everyone sins, daily. This belief that you dont sin anymore, in my experience, only cones from those who twist scripture. Robert derrick is notorious for twisting scripture.

So, according to YOU...
EVERY DAY, EVERY PERSON...Rejects the Lord God Almighty?

Pfff....That IS False!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nope…. Show me a person who doesnt sin daily…we all do.

Not sure what you think SIN IS...but it has NOTHING to do with behaviors between men.

I have ZERO command to Believe in YOU, in men.
I have ZERO command to Trust in YOU, in men.
I have ZERO command to have FAITH in YOU, in men.
I have ZERO ability to SIN against YOU, against men.
YOU have ZERO authority to FORGIVE SIN.

SIN is AGAINST God.
Unbelief IN God...is SIN Against God
Untrusting OF God...is SIN Against God
Unfaithful TO God......is SIN Against God
Lie TO God.................is SIN Against God.
ONLY Gods FORGIVES SIN.

Are you confused? I’m not. You are NOT my God.
Are you confused? I’m not. I HAVE a Believing, trusting, faithful, committed everlasting relationship WITH my God.

No, I do not DAILY not believe, not trust, am not faithful, am not committed to My God.
No, I do not EVER SIN Against My God.

IF YOU SIN DAILY, that is YOUR testimony.
YOU are subject to the consequences of your own choices, your own behaviors and your own testimony.

Why do you think yourself qualified to SPEAK, to MAKE false claims, on my behalf?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are two kinds of temptation, and knowing the difference between them is the hidden mystery in Christ from the foundation of the world, and the secret to success in obtaining eternal salvation by obeying Him within first.

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

The temptation of the blessed, that endures it without doing it: the overcomers in Christ Jesus.

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

The temptation of sinners, the are enticed by it to do it: not the overcomers of Christ.

The difference being the blessed tempted to lust within the heart, and the sinners being tempted with lust already within the heart.

To understand the difference, is only by understanding the spiritual nature of righteousness and sin, which begins within the heart:

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

The angels, as all spiritual beings, including men with mortal flesh, are made equally alive and clean and good by God: it is only when there is lust for the sin of disobeying God, that iniquity is found in us.

The one difference between sinners and saints, is that sinners still have lust for sin in the heart, whether they fulfill it with the body or not, and saints have no more lust for sin within the heart, and so do not commit it with the body.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
That's an interesting take Robert!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As usual, bunch of rambling nonsense. Everyone sins, daily. This belief that you dont sin anymore, in my experience, only cones from those who twist scripture. Robert derrick is notorious for twisting scripture.
I don't think you've heard Roberts point L_s. You might like to read it again.....slowly.

Reactions: marks

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first off, 1john tells us that ANYONE who says they are without sin, is not saved.

So? Your Accusation was ABOUT “COMMITTING” SIN.

HAVE no SIN, and HAVE not SINNED, is entirely different than “COMMITTING “ SIN!

SINCE you are “supposedly” supporting YOUR CLAIM OF “COMMITTING SIN”...with 1 John THAT SAYS: “Have no sin”...”Have not Sinned”.

1 John
[8] If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

[10] If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Now quote me SAYING “have no sin, have not sinned” ....

Waiting....

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He/she does not, but his/her body does. As Paul says in Romans 7 of sin:

"So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin" (Romans 7:17-25).​

Grace and peace to all.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first off, 1john tells us that ANYONE who says they are without sin, is not saved.

Irrelevant.

You DO sin daily, and i agree, its bad but we cant stop it.

Now back to your REPEATED ACCUSATION OF....
COMMITTING SIN.

WHAT is this DAILY SIN you are ACCUSING me of DAILY “COMMITTING”?

But if you break say 1 of the 10 commandments, say adultery....

“IF” is YOUR PROOF TO ACCUSE me “of COMMITTING SIN” daily? Pfff!

You DO sin daily...

PROVE IT!

third, as a reformed presbyterian, and christian, we are to point out when someone is blatantly wrong. Keep in mind, i dont do it in anger or ill will, but respect.

You KEEP in mind...
You ARE ACCUSING me OF “COMMITTING” SIN DAILY.
You have NEITHER PROVED, I have SAID;
...Have no Sin, or
...Have not Sinned, or
...Broken one of the 10 Commandments

So now PROVE your Accusations...
Because it is NOT “respectful” or “good will” TO ACCUSE,
WITHOUT evidence the accusation is true.

Have no Sin......is dependent ON Me SAYING THAT...
Have not Sinned....is dependent ON me SAYING THAT...
I have SAID plenty on THIS FORUM...and? That should be NO problem for you to PROVE that.

I do not write this to you out of ill-will, but rather precisely, for you to THINK ABOUT the accusations YOU MAKE AGAINST others, without one shred of evidence to support your claim.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He/she does not, but his/her body does. As Paul says in Romans 7 of sin:

"So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin" (Romans 7:17-25).​

Grace and peace to all.
Thank you very much. You now provide a second confirmation that OSAS teaches separation of soul and body, so that you are no longer responsible for the deeds of your body.

You can take that to any judge, who may be merciful and have you treated for psychosis. But the judge of the all the earth is not laughing.

It is you trampling His blood, not just your body.

But thanks again. And no, spiritual delusionalism is not an excuse for open hypocrisy, and teaching hypocrisy for doctrine of Christ.

Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Irrelevant.

Now back to your REPEATED ACCUSATION OF....
COMMITTING SIN.

WHAT is this DAILY SIN you are ACCUSING me of DAILY “COMMITTING”?

“IF” is YOUR PROOF TO ACCUSE me “of COMMITTING SIN” daily? Pfff!

PROVE IT!

You KEEP in mind...
You ARE ACCUSING me OF “COMMITTING” SIN DAILY.
You have NEITHER PROVED, I have SAID;
...Have no Sin, or
...Have not Sinned, or
...Broken one of the 10 Commandments

So now PROVE your Accusations...
Because it is NOT “respectful” or “good will” TO ACCUSE,
WITHOUT evidence the accusation is true.

Have no Sin......is dependent ON Me SAYING THAT...
Have not Sinned....is dependent ON me SAYING THAT...
I have SAID plenty on THIS FORUM...and? That should be NO problem for you to PROVE that.

I do not write this to you out of ill-will, but rather precisely, for you to THINK ABOUT the accusations YOU MAKE AGAINST others, without one shred of evidence to support your claim.
Good point. I was thinking that is one thing about it. If a man say...I've never read nor heard any Christian ever saying they have no sin.

OSAS teaches it, in that when they sin, it's not them that sin, but only their bodies. So they have no sin in their souls to be judged for, while having plenty of daily sins in the flesh.

They've made their poor hapless mortal bodies the scapegoat for their sinning souls.

The cat is out of the bag, We now know they consider their bodies just as sinful and corrupt and depraved as the rest of the world, but not their heart, mind, and soul.

They are like the glass bubbles in that Star Trek episode, forever preserved without body.

However, one of them has gone as far as to preach having already recieved his spiritual body in heavenly places, and so the resurrection is now past for him:

Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

I never could quite figure out how someone could teach that, and now I do. OSAS is the mystery beast for sure.

You might want to remember who you are dealing with: Spiritual delusion.

As you said. No ill will, but simple truth according to their own teaching. No doubt they make great neighbors, until their bodies start acting up again.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact that you dont believe you sin everyday, reveals your daily sin is pride, but im sure theres more.

This is your PROOF? Pfff.

You accuse of ONE thing (commission of sin), without a shred of evidence.

You have MISSED the Big Picture completely.

I was naturally BORN “IN” SIN, and HAVE expressly said so.
....that nullifies your accusation, saying, “HAVE NO SIN”!

I committed SIN and Have expressly said so.
....that nullifies your accusation, saying, “HAVE NO SINNED”!

So, why YOU think “those verses” in 1 John 1, were applicable to me...
IS simply your own ignorance of Willy Nilly picking out Verses that DO NOT APPLY, as your “supposed evidence”.

NOW Here IS a verse in 1 John 1:...that “DID” apply to me.
1 John 1:
[9] If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

THAT “IF” according to MY CONFESSION, “WAS” accomplished.
I confessed, NOT ONE SIN “TO YOU”.
I confessed, ALL OF MY SINS, TO Christ the Lord Jesus.
(I do not recall YOU being present, hearing, seeing, WHEN I WAS HAVING MY CONVERSATION WITH and TO Christ the Lord Jesus!)

THAT “he IS Faithful” according to Christ the Lord Jesus...
FORGIVING all my sins..AND..CLEANSING me from ALL unrighteousness........”I TRUST WAS accomplished, BY Christ the Lord Jesus.

ARE you DOUBTING, Questioning....
Christ the Lord Jesus’ FORGIVENESS He gave me?
Christ the Lord Jesus’ FAITHFULNESS Toward me?
Christ the Lord Jesus’ AUTHORITY To FORGIVE me?
Christ the Lord Jesus’ POWER to CLEANSE me of ALL unrighteousness?
Christ the Lord Jesus’ POWER to KEEP me Cleansed? Righteous?

Seems YOUR accusations TOWARD ME....
ARE POINT BLANK DIRECTED AT a
FAILING of Christ the Lord Jesus...

So...get on with it.....
Do elaborate HOW Christ the Lord Jesus’ FAILED to forgive me, FAILED to be FAITHFUL, FAILED to Cleanse me of ALL unrighteousness, FAILED to KEEP me from ALL unrighteousness...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good point. I was thinking that is one thing about it. If a man say...I've never read nor heard any Christian ever saying they have no sin.

OSAS teaches it, in that when they sin, it's not them that sin, but only their bodies.

No, OSAS, does not teach....saved, and continue sinning.

ILL will, Begins with a Lie, then elaborates.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you very much. You now provide a second confirmation that OSAS teaches separation of soul and body...
well, the new man," as Paul calls it... the "made new" or "made alive" spiritual self, which is of God. But this is not really an "OSAS" thing... It just, well, it is, because God says it.

...so that you are no longer responsible for the deeds of your body.
Only heretics or terribly misinformed people believe such a thing. Those who actually believe the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable (not able to be changed or reversed; final) teach quite the opposite.

The rest of your post is, therefore, completely ridiculous.

Grace and peace to you.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quoted remarks by something rightfully calling itself a “life long sinner”.

first off, you need to lower the intensity level.

First off......WHAT you are accusing me of IS of an INTENSE Level!

Secondly, you didnt like what i said and have been riding me ever since.

Secondly....YOU and I have had LITTLE conversational exchange.
OUT OF THE BLUE, you HAVE TARGETED me WITH YOUR UNFOUNDED CLAIMS.....AGAINST MY Express Relationship WITH MY Lord God.

That may seem like a daily flippant pastime for YOU, to jump out of the woodworks and PERSONALLY ATTACK a persons RELATIONSHIP with their God ....but THAT is a BIG DEAL to me!

This is where i put you back in your place.

You have NOT the power to PUT ME anywhere!

Do not ever mention my name again.

Lifelong_sinner, Lifelong_sinner, Lifelong_sinner!

And you’re on my list of people who go on ignore due to your lying.

Falsely Accuse, then run and Hide...NOT SURPRISED...
Typical BEHAVIOR of a Lifelong sinner.

BTW you being a life long sinner IS exactly in Opposition of what MY Lord God teaches to “continue being”!

YOU accusing others OF WHAT you ARE and DO...is simply YOU being a:
GAS-LIGHTER!

It’s embarrassing to right your wrongs....so run and hide. :rolleyes: