Christians sinners now hate it while sinning? Yeah, right.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Do you convince yourself you now hate enjoying the pleasure of sin, or do you admit you love enjoying the pleasure of sin?
Neither nor. Only with unrepented sinners, are these the only two options in life.

What sin?
None for now today. I'll let tomorrow take care of itself.

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Why does all this matter to you?
I love teaching Bible doctrine and prophecy.

If someone corrects me by the Bible, then I am better prepared to teach it more perfectly.

If someone is teaching error, then again I also can still be made a better teacher, by disciplined correction of it from the Bible.

Most people are not like me, because they have a personal axe to grind, and so trust their teaching to justify themselves.

Even with them, I hang in there long enough to see if they come up with anything new to correct me, or be corrected for my own sake.

I'm here to be corrected honestly in any way. Rather than getting upset and accusing me of something I haven't done, then review my words and show any error in them. However, you have to do so according to my own words, and not according to what you want to read into them.
God is judge.
True.

Who made you anyone's judge
As here. Where did this accusation of judging anyone come from? You can quote me and show me how I have personally judged someone. However, if I am teaching the Bible judgment of God, then it's not me doing the judging, but the Lord. If it convicts your conscience, then as you say, you need to take it up with Him and His word.

God has made me my own judge according to His words of truth.

For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Otherwise, I only teach the words of the Bible, according to righteous judgment. The unrepented only teach the Bible according to their own unrighteous minds.

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither nor. Only with unrepented sinners, are these the only two options in life.

None for now today. I'll let tomorrow take care of itself.

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

I love teaching Bible doctrine and prophecy.

If someone corrects me by the Bible, then I am better prepared to teach it more perfectly.

If someone is teaching error, then again I also can still be made a better teacher, by disciplined correction of it from the Bible.

Most people are not like me, because they have a personal axe to grind, and so trust their teaching to justify themselves.

Even with them, I hang in there long enough to see if they come up with anything new to correct me, or be corrected for my own sake.

I'm here to be corrected honestly in any way. Rather than getting upset and accusing me of something I haven't done, then review my words and show any error in them. However, you have to do so according to my own words, and not according to what you want to read into them.

True.

As here. Where did this accusation of judging anyone come from? You can quote me and show me how I have personally judged someone. However, if I am teaching the Bible judgment of God, then it's not me doing the judging, but the Lord. If it convicts your conscience, then as you say, you need to take it up with Him and His word.

God has made me my own judge according to His words of truth.

For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Otherwise, I only teach the words of the Bible, according to righteous judgment. The unrepented only teach the Bible according to their own unrighteous minds.
God has only ONE Word - "...and the WORD became flesh and dwelt among us and we beheld Him as the only begotten of the Father".
God has only ONE Truth - "I am the way, the Truth and the Life, no one comes to the Father but by me".

There are no other ways to the kingdom of heaven except Jesus. There are no other Judges except God's Son. God made you indeed, but you have "CHOSEN" to be your own judge...total futility, your self righteousness will not save you regardless of how many words of trueisms your visions of grandeur and premadona-mania permits.

You want real spiritual validity, then you must be a servant not a whiner. Get over yourself!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've seen plenty of your unrepented sinners walking after the flesh, trying to say all are like you.

I haven't yet seen one like you, trying to make me say the same.

Jesus Christ came and walked in the flesh, yet without sinning. So do His newborn brethren and sons of God, that are now walking in the flesh even as He walked.

All people on earth are still walking in the flesh. Not all people on earth are unrepented sinners like YOU walking after the flesh.

Nor do all unrighteous sinners walking after the flesh, are trying to justify themselves like YOU.

This is more normal. Replacing 'me' with 'you'.

Your gospel of being made righteous, while still doing unrighteousness, is as old as the serpent promising you are as an everlasting god while doing both good and evil, as it pleases you at the time.

If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Peter was telling Jesus He did not have to die to be resurrected unto life. YOU tell yourself you don't have to crucify your old man and life, to be raised up in Christ Jesus.

YOU also tell yourself you don't have to repent God's way from all your sins and trespasses, to be saved and justified by your own faith and doctrine alone.

All such faith and doctrine cards savoring man's unrepentance, ends in the grave.
Yes, I can see that you are STILL not Sin-FREE yet.
It's amazing how many people can't relate to the most secret sin of all, no matter what gender they are: "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." Mat 5:28.

And so, there it is, a simple thought of the deed to do, and then judged, as if was actually done. Jesus is only revealing to us, that the DEPTH OF SINFULNESS is that of the very own thoughts of "the natural man", aka our fleshly selves!!
Gal. 5:17; James 4:5.

But don't just stop there!!
Surely you can "think" that same concept through, with your "thoughts" about the other 10Cs, such as:
covetousness,
premeditated theft,
premeditated murder,
plans to bare false witness,....

However, if you can hear his voice:
John 3

[18] He that believeth on him is  NOT condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned ALREADY,
because
he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

NO!! YOU, and we ALL, are NOT at all ever Sin-FREE, while we are still flesh and blood.

That will only take place upon the Day of Jesus return from Heaven, when we are "changed" into his likeness of Immortality.
Be not deceived!

Last edited:

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I can see that you are STILL not Sin-FREE yet.
It's amazing how many people can't relate to the most secret sin of all, no matter what gender they are: "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." Mat 5:28.

And so, there it is, a simple thought of the deed to do, and then judged, as if was actually done. Jesus is only revealing to us, that the DEPTH OF SINFULNESS is that of the very own thoughts of "the natural man", aka our fleshly selves!!
Gal. 5:17; James 4:5.

But don't just stop there!!
Surely you can "think" that same concept through, with your "thoughts" about the other 10Cs, such as:
covetousness,
premeditated theft,
premeditated murder,
plans to bare false witness,....

However, if you can hear his voice:
John 3

[18] He that believeth on him is  NOT condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned ALREADY,
because
he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

NO!! YOU, and we ALL, are NOT at all ever Sin-FREE, while we are still flesh and blood.

That will only take place upon the Day of Jesus return from Heaven, when we are "changed" into his likeness of Immortality.
Be not deceived!
So what self appointed Job are you professing to have? You sit in the bleachers and point to all Christians as sinners and therefore none according to you, will make it to heaven. Yet, we see Jesus say "enter my good and faithful servant" We see where God called Abraham His freind, from Rahabs blood line, a harlott, is born unto us a Savior. Was David perfect? NOOOOO? So where does God draw the line?

God isn't looking for perfection you accuser of the brethern, He is looking for faith. God's mercy is greater than even your stupidity, and God is willing to cast our sins as far as the east is from the west, provided we, like Paul, say "Wretched man that I am...". I couldn't care less how you pigeon whole "THOSE" and "THEM" and everyone else you don't know. I know Jesus and He knows. In revelation Jesus says, "when the son of man returns, will He find FAITH on the earth. How perfect are you, and WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT IT. Tell us, lets hear it.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
More to the point, hypocrisy is presenting your self as something you are not. And when it's something you are clearly not, it's in your face hypocrisy.

All these self-proclaimed "I don't sin"! As if! You only demonstrate that you neither know the Bible nor yourself.

Much love!
As far as I know the only one who never sinned was Jesus.

Reactions: Earburner and marks

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what self appointed Job are you professing to have? You sit in the bleachers and point to all Christians as sinners and therefore none according to you, will make it to heaven. Yet, we see Jesus say "enter my good and faithful servant" We see where God called Abraham His freind, from Rahabs blood line, a harlott, is born unto us a Savior. Was David perfect? NOOOOO? So where does God draw the line?

God isn't looking for perfection you accuser of the brethern, He is looking for faith. God's mercy is greater than even your stupidity, and God is willing to cast our sins as far as the east is from the west, provided we, like Paul, say "Wretched man that I am...". I couldn't care less how you pigeon whole "THOSE" and "THEM" and everyone else you don't know. I know Jesus and He knows. In revelation Jesus says, "when the son of man returns, will He find FAITH on the earth. How perfect are you, and WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT IT. Tell us, lets hear it.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Certain Scriptures stand alone in eternal truth, such as the soul that sins surely dies.

People sometimes go to 'context' to justify not doing it, as though the truth does not apply to themselves.

That includes the willing pretense of somehow excusing their continued works of iniquity by 'hating' it.

It also includes the equal lie of not being condemned guilty as others, while doing the same unrighteousness of the guilty.

Surely not anyone of you, since you reject doing so. The commendation from God is only for His newly repented sons walking as His Son walked.

My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

The truth is plain for any honest person of good sense: Saying they love to do something they do not, and saying they hate to do something they do, is a lie even sincere little children can scoff at.

That's why Jesus says we ought always come to him as little chidren of honesty and sincerity. Only older people learn how to lie to themselves and blieve it. And only unrepented theologians learn how to lie though scholarly speeches.

For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

Only those repenting of sinning for Jesus' sake, put their trust in His gospel promise to wash us free by His blood from all sinning.

No stiffnecked unrepented trespasser at any time is washed clean by the Lamb of all sin. They can put all the trust in some other blood that only covers their sin and guilt, but that ends in the grave.

If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.

That's your testimony, not mine. If you repent of all your trespasses for Jesus' sake, you too can be given God's faith and trust, that He will also cleanse you from all your own sinful living.

God is not a respecter of persons: His commandment is to all people everywhere to repent, and so is the promise to them that do so.

No one is loving God and His righteousness and hating the devil and his unrighteousness, while sinning against God with the devil.

Whosoever is born of God is not committing sin; for his seed is remaining in him: and he cannot be sinning, because he is born of God.

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever is doing unrighteousness is not of God.

It's not only words of love and hate, that justify with God, but loving to do it.
It would be interesting to hear from you what you think Paul means by the statements below, i.e does Paul mean we no longer have sin, or does he mean we still have sin?

On one hand,

"For if we deliberately keep on sinning after receiving the knowledge of the truth, no further sacrifice for sins is left for us, but only a certain fearful expectation of judgment and a fury of fire that will consume God's enemies." (Hebrews 10:26-27).

But on the other hand, the body will still die, which according to the following statement, means we keep on sinning (at least in our hearts and thoughts and desires), albeit not willfully, but because of the sin that still dwells in us:

"But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is your life because of righteousness. Moreover if the Spirit of the one who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you, the one who raised Christ from the dead will also make your mortal bodies alive through his Spirit who lives in you.

So then, brothers and sisters, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh (for if you live according to the flesh, you will die), but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body you will live.

For all who are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God." (Romans 8:10-14).

Mortifying the deeds of the flesh by the Spirit implies a battle against sin, does it not?

The fruit of the Spirit of Christ is the fruit OF THE SPIRIT, it's not our fruit:

"Remain in me, and I will remain in you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it remains in the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. The one who remains in me - and I in him - bears much fruit, because apart from me you can accomplish nothing." (John 15:4-5).

"The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Now those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

If we live by the Spirit, let us also behave in accordance with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, being jealous of one another." (Galatians 5:22-26).

"But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, depravity, idolatry, sorcery, hostilities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish rivalries, dissensions, factions, envying, murder, drunkenness, carousing, and similar things. I am warning you, as I had warned you before: Those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God!" (Galatians 5:18-22).

So Paul says,

"live by the Spirit and you will not carry out the desires of the flesh. For the flesh has desires that are opposed to the Spirit, and the Spirit has desires that are opposed to the flesh, for these are in opposition to each other, so that you cannot do what you want." (Galatians 5:16-17).

(Right there Paul mentions the desires of the flesh as though believers still have those desires).

"However, If you continually bite and devour one another, beware that you are not consumed by one another. For the whole law can be summed up in a single commandment, namely, "You must love your neighbor as yourself." (Galatians 5:15, Galatians 5:14).​

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've seen plenty of your unrepented sinners walking after the flesh, trying to say all are like you.
Since you are writing to me, while you are still flesh and blood, and are not "changed" into the likeness of Christ's Immortality, you are NOT "Sin-FREE".
However, through faith in the shed blood of Christ for your sins, Christ's atonement for your sins, makes you to be "Sin-LESS" in The eyes of God the Father.
Don't you yet understand the words of God's Holy Spirit through John the Baptist:
"Behold the Lamb OF God, who taketh away [removes] the sin of the world".

I haven't yet seen one like you, trying to make me say the same
Then you haven't yet personalized God's Gift of His salvation to you! Here, give it a try, by replacing the words "the world" with [your own name]:
John 3
[16] For God so loved [your name], that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Jesus Christ came and walked in the flesh, yet without sinning. So do His newborn brethren and sons of God, that are now walking in the flesh even as He walked.
Jesus Christ was physically born WITHOUT SIN, from above OF the Holy Spirit of God.

We are physically born WITH SIN from beneath, WITHOUT the Holy Spirit of God.
All people on earth are still walking in the flesh. Not all people on earth are unrepented sinners like YOU walking after the flesh.
So then, if that is your conclusion, then what are the characteristics of Christ, that proves to one, that they ARE walking in the Spirit, and not that of their flesh?
Nor do all unrighteous sinners walking after the flesh, are trying to justify themselves like YOU.
I don't know of any self righteous people who are justified by Christ. But, I do know of many sinners who are justified by Christ.
Mat. 9
[13] But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice:
for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

This is more normal. Replacing 'me' with 'you'.
Your gospel of being made righteous, while still doing unrighteousness, is as old as the serpent promising you are as an everlasting god while doing both good and evil, as it pleases you at the time.
Yes! By faith in Christ, I am made to be "Sin-LESS", but while I walk on this earth, in this body of flesh and blood, I am not "Sin-FREE"
If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
You misunderstand, because you misinterpret the context.
3 John 1
[7] For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
[8] Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
[9] Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ [in ref. to verse 7], hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
[10] If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
[11] For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Peter was telling Jesus He did not have to die to be resurrected unto life. YOU tell yourself you don't have to crucify your old man and life, to be raised up in Christ Jesus.
I don't crucify anything. In the day that I became born again of God's Holy Spirit through Christ, I have taken part in both Jesus' death and His resurrection.

Satan, through Peter, did not know that Jesus was going to gain the victory over His own death, as well as ours, by being resurrected from death into New Life.
Jesus quite literally IS "the FIRST Resurrection" himself. He is The FIRSTborn from the dead". And we, while we have breath, who are NOW taking part in the First resurrection, truly are blessed. Rev. 20:6; 2 Peter 1:4.

ALL who believe in Him are also given that victory over death. By being born again from above, by the Gift of God's Holy Spirit, we now HAVE eternal life. 1 John 5:11-13
YOU also tell yourself you don't have to repent God's way from all your sins and trespasses, to be saved and justified by your own faith and doctrine alone.
Lol! I have repented (metanoeo) towards God, by believing in Jesus, and therefore I have received the (another mind), being the "another Comforter", the Holy Spirit ("mind") of Christ. Rom. 8:8-9; 1 Cor. 2:16.
All such faith and doctrine cards savoring man's unrepentance, ends in the grave.
Agreed. Under the New Covenant, unrepentance towards God (metanoeo) ends in the grave. The Gift of God's eternal life cannot be Given to anyone AFTER physical death.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There isn't one person of corruptible human flesh, through the righteousness that is of the Law, that can ever live upto Jesus words:
Mat. 5
[48] Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

However, the words of Jesus MUST BE fulfilled within us, but it is only going to be manifested and established by ONE way.
John 3:3-8
[7] Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Edit: and let the words of God's doing be within us, thus confirming exactly WHOSE "works" and "faith" it is, that God will be looking for on THAT Day:
Rev. 14

[12] Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God**, AND the faith of Jesus.

Note:
Mat. 22
[37] Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
[38] This is the first and great commandment.
[39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tired of the false humility of the "were all Christian sinners and that's all we'll ever be" mentality of modern Christians.

Jesus didn't die so we'd develop a defeatist mentality toward sin.

Reactions: amadeus and Jack

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Christians sinners now hate it while sinning? Yeah, right."

Luke 18:11-14
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, 'God, I thank You that I am not like other men--extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.' 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!' 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

Unconfessed sin may well be UNFORGIVEN sin!

Last edited:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're welcome. True people of God ought to speak courageously against sin even if the world hates us for it. Even if other professing Christiams hate us for it.

Because generations before us didn't hold the line and compromised on how to obey the gospel, the modern western church is suffering beyond what I used to imagine.

We must always hold the line. Jesus gave us the power to escape bondage to sin. He says if we overcome, we get the crown.

Reactions: amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"
1 John 2:1

Tells me there will be sin after conversion.

The sin I personally lived in and loved is gone, all of it, and THAT was God. And, it has been 20 years since stopping immediately, as He gave me the strength to move to the narrow path.

Decades later, Still zero desire and that is such a miracle.

Being pretty much alone most everyday makes one a playground of the evil one and without others caring about you and helping you and encouraging you...things happen to the mind, as there is nothing good or correct about being a "lone" Christian. The churches near me are either way liberal or of another denomination who has doctrine I find to be of men and even demons hence, no real fellowship. I've two friends that I do bible plans with on Youversion Bible.

I was recently estranged from some of my family members who, in my mind totally abandoned me, then other things took place to make me believe even God hated me! We have recently started to realize that we do love one another and will be united in Christ once again :) !
my body is useless from surgeries and accidents, and the frustration that comes with not being able to do just about anything where as you once were very able, takes it's toll. Yes, I get frustrated and angry when not being able to do some of the simplest things, end up on the floor in tears and regret for my behavior, so no one can ever tell me that I LOVE my sin! So, does anyone here think I'm hell bound even though yes, I HATE it, does anyone here think that is enjoyable? I would think not. Am I screaming in my heart for God to deliver me from this, even in the midst of it?- of course!! But then, perhaps the sinless perfection folk are going to be the only ones who do make it to the Kingdom.

I choose to depend on only God, will not share my past with anyone, testimony anything, ever again. That's the way to lose "friends", as they have no understanding and simply presume all sorts of things.

The scriptures say not to give up, finish the race until the end and despite the possibility of not being truly saved, I will continue on and believe what HE say's.
God bless all.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"

Tells me there will be sin after conversion.

The sin I personally lived in and loved is gone, all of it, and THAT was God. And, it has been 20 years since stopping immediately, as He gave me the strength to move to the narrow path.

Decades later, Still zero desire and that is such a miracle.

Being pretty much alone most everyday makes one a playground of the evil one and without others caring about you and helping you and encouraging you...things happen to the mind, as there is nothing good or correct about being a "lone" Christian. The churches near me are either way liberal or of another denomination who has doctrine I find to be of men and even demons hence, no real fellowship. I've two friends that I do bible plans with on Youversion Bible.

I was recently estranged from some of my family members who, in my mind totally abandoned me, then other things took place to make me believe even God hated me! We have recently started to realize that we do love one another and will be united in Christ once again :) !
my body is useless from surgeries and accidents, and the frustration that comes with not being able to do just about anything where as you once were very able, takes it's toll. Yes, I get frustrated and angry when not being able to do some of the simplest things, end up on the floor in tears and regret for my behavior, so no one can ever tell me that I LOVE my sin! So, does anyone here think I'm hell bound even though yes, I HATE it, does anyone here think that is enjoyable? I would think not. Am I screaming in my heart for God to deliver me from this, even in the midst of it?- of course!! But then, perhaps the sinless perfection folk are going to be the only ones who do make it to the Kingdom.

I choose to depend on only God, will not share my past with anyone, testimony anything, ever again. That's the way to lose "friends", as they have no understanding and simply presume all sorts of things.

The scriptures say not to give up, finish the race until the end and despite the possibility of not being truly saved, I will continue on and believe what HE say's.
God bless all.
Praying for you now, dear Sister in Christ!

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy
I really think there is this apparent paradox that exists after one becomes a Christian.

Christ died for our sins, washed them away; yet sin still dwells in the members of our flesh.
What happened?
I thought He washed them away?
How does that harmonize with: If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8
Okay lets say that another way: If the truth is in us, then we have sin.
But, but, but Christ washed them away ...I thought?
Spiritually, we have been cleansed; but our flesh still sins. Paul talked about the battle between the flesh and the spirit, a war going on.
We have been cleansed spiritually, forgiven the penalty of sin that is still present in our flesh, that we are no longer are slaves to, but that we still have to avoid. There will be temptations, so we must gain control over and steer away from them and with the help and guidance of the Holy Spirit, who separates us from this behavior, we will.

So that is the paradox. We have been saved but not yet fully redeemed. We must die and then our spirit will be eternally separated from our flesh.

• Love
Reactions: Earburner and Nancy

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All things are possible thru Christ (Philippians 4:13), so THRU JESUS we actually DO have the ability to stop sinning

1 John 3:6
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not

1 John 2:4
He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 1:6
if we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

I write these things unto you, that ye sin not

Galatians 5:16
Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh

James 4:17
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

1 John 3:8
He that committeth sin is of the devil

John 8:34
Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

1 Corinthians 15:34
Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

We should not be willingly or knowingly doing sinful things... it should be a very rare occasion for a Christian to sin and IF they did it would NOT be a situation where it's something they knew it was sinful and they decided to do it anyway.

1 John 1:8 is obviously speaking of if we claim we have never sinned... or if we make a mistake such as dropping something on the floor accidentally which is an imperfection that is not unto death (does not cause us to be separated from God like sin does)

awake_unto_righteousness.jpg

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy
I really think there is this apparent paradox that exists after one becomes a Christian.

Christ died for our sins, washed them away; yet sin still dwells in the members of our flesh.
What happened?
I thought He washed them away?
How does that harmonize with: If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8
Okay lets say that another way: If the truth is in us, then we have sin.
But, but, but Christ washed them away ...I thought?
Spiritually, we have been cleansed; but our flesh still sins. Paul talked about the battle between the flesh and the spirit, a war going on.
We have been cleansed spiritually, forgiven the penalty of sin that is still present in our flesh, that we are no longer are slaves to, but that we still have to avoid. There will be temptations, so we must gain control over and steer away from them and with the help and guidance of the Holy Spirit, who separates us from this behavior, we will.

So that is the paradox. We have been saved but not yet fully redeemed. We must die and then our spirit will be eternally separated from our flesh.
But still there is the highest calling of Jesus to us. Be ye PERFECT.....
Please see my previous post #49

Many are NOT in compliance to the ONLY Way of  doing, (error)....BEING so.

Reactions: Jack