Christians sinners now hate it while sinning? Yeah, right.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Christians sinners hate it while still sinning as before?

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

How can anyone try to say they hate it while sinning, when we have to lust for it to do it?

"Methinks thou protestest too much."

Last edited:

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
It's fashionable among some sinful Christians to proclaim with grand humility, what great sinners they still are.

The flip side of such profoundly stated unworthiness, that is more bold than humble, is: They also claim they now really really 'hate' it while sinning, than enjoying it as before. What? Their salvation only takes all the fun out of sinning, but not the sinning?

The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

As one of their own so zealously puts it:

"We all —except you, apparently— admit to our own sinful horror, and shrink from it in pain and sorrow,"

Aside from all the shrinking, it speaks of how they hate what they are doing so much, that they are absolutely horrified by it.

First off, in the Bible, loving righteousness and hating iniquity, is by doing righteousness and not doing iniquity.

Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

In any case, let's look at what the Bible says about the sinner while sinning:

Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.

So, who are we to believe? The sinful person saying they really hate their sinning, or God declaring they actually enjoy it?

Nowhere does God in the Bible ever speak of anyone hates it while sinning against Him. David certainly hated the condemnation of God for sinning, but no one doubts he enjoyed it with Bathsheba, In fact, he enjoyed it so much, that he had her husband killed, so that he could keep on enjoying it.

Last edited:

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
It's God that knows the hearts, and if God says pleasure is at the heart of all sinning against God and man, then so it is.

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Once again we see another side of strong delusion of the ages by unrepented sinners seeking to justify their own sinning: They think by saying they they really really hate sinning while sinning (not by eschewing it), that they make themselves different from other sinners of the world. The only difference is being childish self-deceiving, since the true God that knows the hearts and reigns, says they do still enjoy it.

I find it truly incredible how some people go to any length, and cover every base, to ensure they are not judged nor condemned with the world, while sinning like the world.

What kind of person actually thinks they justify doing evil, by claiming they hate doing evil?? It gives a whole new meaning to the Bible exhortation to love not in word and tongue, but in deed and in truth. So also, we ought to hate not in word in tongue, but in deed and in truth.

And yes, I am an exception along with any responsible mature child or adult. As a sinner I knew I did it, because I ENJOYED it. And if I were to sin today, I still know it's because I am enjoying the pleasure of sinning, more than the love of God.

And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

And so we see it's only by being honest with ourselves, that God can give us a good heart by repentance. Acknowledging sin, includes acknowledging enjoying sinning more than loving God.

Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

But for those that come up with every doctrinal deception possible to justify it, there can be no possible godly repentance granted to the lying heart unto His faith and salvation.

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Who really hates it more when murdering someone? The murderer of the one murdered? Likewise, who really hates it more when crucifying the Son afresh? The unrighteous sinner or the Son.

I believe the childishness of claiming to 'now hate' sinning, while still sinning as before, definitely qualifies as, "Thou protestest way too much..."

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a blatant oxymoron.

Christian is one who follows the teachings of Christ, imitating his standards.
Whereas a sinner is one whom transgresses a divine law or exhibits a rebellion against the standards of God

Reactions: Spyder and Ghada

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
This is a blatant oxymoron.

Christian is one who follows the teachings of Christ, imitating his standards.
Whereas a sinner is one whom transgresses a divine law or exhibits a rebellion against the standards of God
This is a plain statement of honesty.

The subject is about the lengths to which dishonest people will 'doctrinally' go to excuse dishonesty with themselves.

Most people think hypocrisy is to fool others, but actually we see in Christian unconditional salvation, they spend all their time fooling themselves. And they do it by doctrinal fiat. All their trust and conscience becomes based entirely upon their doctrine.

Honest people base their lives upon what we are doing, not by some made up doctrine telling us otherwise.

Reactions: Spyder

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are however sinners who claim to be Christians wallering around in their sin... still on the highway to hell

And some did get born again... then backslid and got back on the highway to hell.

Here, it's okay to pronounce the eternal torment sentence on those who break the 10-percent-off-discount commandments (a false doctrine that didn't even exist a few decades ago) but to even suggest that breaking any one of the authentic Ten Commandments without even mentioning hell (while being falsely accused of doing so) is out of line.

The hypocrisy is astounding.

Reactions: dev553344

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
You can always tell a cult member, by how they can never speak of the Bible nor Christianity, without ensuring their special cult rule is brought in.

Whether created christ believers, pentecostal holiness commanders, acts 2:38 baptizers, sabbath commanders, mary worshippers...

In the end, it's all they've got, because it's all that makes them so special.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...unless what makes them special is being anti-created Christ believers, anti-pentecostal holiness commanders, anti-acts 2:38 baptizers, anti-sabbath commanders, anti-mary worshippers...

Because, for some folks, it's always more fun being against something than for something.

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can always tell a cult member, by how they can never speak of the Bible nor Christianity, without ensuring their special cult rule is brought in.

Whether created christ believers, pentecostal holiness commanders, acts 2:38 baptizers, sabbath commanders, mary worshippers...

In the end, it's all they've got, because it's all that makes them so special.

Yeah, then they put the teachings of their religion above what God's Word says clueless-doh.gif

Reactions: Spyder

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here, it's okay to pronounce the eternal torment sentence on those who break the 10-percent-off-discount commandments (a false doctrine that didn't even exist a few decades ago) but to even suggest that breaking any one of the authentic Ten Commandments without even mentioning hell (while being falsely accused of doing so) is out of line.

It’s MEVER okay to pronounce judgement on anybody’s eternal soul.

We can judge their actions and warn them of the impending punishment that awaits those who reject God. We CANNOT judge their hearts, as only GOD judges the heart (1 Kings 8:39).

YOU
don’t have the Authority to condemn anybody to Hell.

Reactions: Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most Christians obey the big 10 and mock people who consider themselves sinners to the perfection of God. There is much to learn from the new testaments that put these 10 obey'rs to shame when they look down on sinners.

There is the sheep and goats which puts the selfish people to shame and warns them of the pending hell. The structure of the apostles church which puts all modern day churches to shame. The parable of the tax collector and Pharisee which puts self proclaimed righteousness to shame.

I think the point here is that God can put anyone to shame in the judgment no matter how much they want to tell everyone they're righteous and not like those sinners.

Reactions: marks

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s MEVER okay to pronounce judgement on anybody’s eternal soul.

We can judge their actions and warn them of the impending punishment that awaits those who reject God. We CANNOT judge their hearts, as only GOD judges the heart (1 Kings 8:39).

YOU
don’t have the Authority to condemn anybody to Hell.

Your kinda preaching to the choir here, BOL.

I was simply musing that while Mr. Big Boy constantly and falsely accuses all Sabbatarians of consigning those who reject the 4th commandment to hellfire, it seems perfectly justifiable for him to do so with regard to any other of the Ten Commandments.

:hearteyes:

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

For some people, it's more fun to make up special rules for themselves, than to partake of the common faith and body of Christ.

And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Whether Jews of old or Christians today, they only keep company with themselves on their own little special days.

All others are just way to common for the religious illuminati.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christians sinners hate it while still sinning as before?

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

How can anyone try to say they hate it while sinning, when we have to lust for it to do it?

"Methinks thou protestest too much."
You hate that people say they hate it?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Meanwhile, the Scriptural admonition is turned completely upsidedown,

Galatians 6:1-3 KJV
1) Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
2) Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
3) For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: Nancy