Two Ways of thinking about OSAS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Angry....you are the one with smoke coming out of his ears, and red in colour and carrying a pitchfork..satan hates when people like myself try to teach his followers such as yourself the truth about gospel...he loves it when they refuse to do God's will, like following the commandments of God. But cheer up MJR broad is the way that leaders to destruction as Jesus said, so there will be lots of company....

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Angry....you are the one with smoke coming out of his ears, and red in colour and carrying a pitchfork..satan hates when people like myself try to teach his followers such as yourself the truth about gospel...he loves it when they refuse to do God's will, like following the commandments of God. But cheer up MJR broad is the way that leaders to destruction as Jesus said, so there will be lots of company..
And thats says it all, we all know where your heart is. Leave you to it.

T1m0thy

Aug 25, 2016
Tasmania Australia
Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Should one study the context of the above passages, they will find the author is referring to those who have been saved, then (for whatever reason) deny Christ, who are not willing to confess their sins to Him or repent. This is the only unforgivable sin.

Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
So you continue to cut and paste a bunch of irrelevant verse, which do not pertain to the topic...okay the satanic influence has good hold on you...how about reading some of the verses which teach you the truth, or are you blind to them? Obviously so.....Paul in Romans do we sin more so grace abounds? God forbid." Do we make void the law through faith. God forbid. We establish the law" and in Romans "it is doers of the law that are justified not hearers".....James 2 "faith without works is dead" and 1st John "for this is the love of God, that you keep His commandments and they are not grievous"...
Do you understand what those verses mean. Obviously NOT...
mjrhealth, like liberals everywhere, is a bigot. He is not interested in truth, only his slanted view of it. He adamantly defends his position that the law has no place in the life of a Christian, yet when shown that his doctrine does not stand the test of Biblical scrutiny, namely the Biblically defined New Covenant which says God's law is written in our heart, he will shut his eyes and stop his ears and respond with texts that have nothing to do with the challenge before him. He "is joined to his idols (Unconditional Election, OSAS, etc.): let him alone."

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phoneman777 said:
mjrhealth, like liberals everywhere, is a bigot. He is not interested in truth, only his slanted view of it. He adamantly defends his position that the law has no place in the life of a Christian, yet when shown that his doctrine does not stand the test of Biblical scrutiny, namely the Biblically defined New Covenant which says God's law is written in our heart, he will shut his eyes and stop his ears and respond with texts that have nothing to do with the challenge before him. He "is joined to his idols (Unconditional Election, OSAS, etc.): let him alone."
Your reply is evil and does not say you are a child of God. We are supposed to talk about the scriptures and what they mean. Instead people like you want to assassinate the character of other posters. This shows that the person who does that is certainly not a christian.

Intimidation / Coercion/ Character assassination:

The above has been used by the religious since day one. The RCC used it to force the people and kings of Europe and the UK to support the RCC.

What the RCC did is to force people to serve the RCC with their money and servitude. If a King ,or any of the people, refused to accept the RCC dictates they were threatened with being put out of the church, and, or, burned at the stake. To them that meant to be on their way to hell.

But this intimidation / coercion was not limited to the RCC. It was also used in the Protestant churches. Even though we are not under the Law of Moses many tell others that they are “robbing God” if they don’t tithe 10%.

In all the religious churches it is taught that if a person does not believe what they say the scriptures mean they are a heretic, teaching heretical ideas and, by implication, going to hell. That is their way of forcing by intimidation / coercion others to believe as they do.

One of the truths that I know is that if it were not for men of courage who were courageous enough to step outside of the religious boxes the religious built for them we would all be under the rule of the Jewish Law of Moses as seen and dictated by the RCC.

Have the courage to step out of the box into the light.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phoneman777 said:

Calling someone a bigot??? Someone ought to re read the rules of the board.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FHII said:
Calling someone a bigot??? Someone ought to re read the rules of the board.
Yes, a bigot - someone who is intolerant of another's viewpoint. While liberals like our friend mjrhealth often demonstrate this intolerance by attempting to forcefully silence those who oppose their views, he prefers the more passive callous dismissal of opposing viewpoints as ignorance unworthy of a thoughtful response.

Our friend mjrhealth continually demonstrates himself as such by his habit of evading altogether points of contention that are used to call into question his beliefs and responding only with "proof texts" that have nothing to do with the points of contention. If he is not a bigot, and his reasons for doing so are that he cannot effectively answer these points of contention, he should humbly admit this, rather than give all appearances of why he never responds to these points: bigotry.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
H. Richard said:
Your reply is evil and does not say you are a child of God. We are supposed to talk about the scriptures and what they mean. Instead people like you want to assassinate the character of other posters. This shows that the person who does that is certainly not a christian.

Intimidation / Coercion/ Character assassination:

The above has been used by the religious since day one. The RCC used it to force the people and kings of Europe and the UK to support the RCC.

What the RCC did is to force people to serve the RCC with their money and servitude. If a King ,or any of the people, refused to accept the RCC dictates they were threatened with being put out of the church, and, or, burned at the stake. To them that meant to be on their way to hell.

But this intimidation / coercion was not limited to the RCC. It was also used in the Protestant churches. Even though we are not under the Law of Moses many tell others that they are “robbing God” if they don’t tithe 10%.

In all the religious churches it is taught that if a person does not believe what they say the scriptures mean they are a heretic, teaching heretical ideas and, by implication, going to hell. That is their way of forcing by intimidation / coercion others to believe as they do.

One of the truths that I know is that if it were not for men of courage who were courageous enough to step outside of the religious boxes the religious built for them we would all be under the rule of the Jewish Law of Moses as seen and dictated by the RCC.

Have the courage to step out of the box into the light.
"Evil' for pointing out that mjrhealth is a "bigot" ("intolerant") for his continuous failure to address points of contention that are brought before him? What else do you say about someone who callously dismisses other's views as ignorant and unworthy of his attention? Is that not "evil" when the Bible itself says, "despise not prophesyings"? If his doctrine cannot stand the test of the Biblical scrutiny that others lay before him, then let him humbly admit that, otherwise, he continues to give all appearances for bigotry as why he flatly ignores them.

BTW, if you look up "bigotry" in the dictionary, you'll find a snapshot of Vatican City, in which the "tolerant" Bishops of Rome sanctioned the murder of an estimated 150 Million of the faithful. Papal Encyclicals on which the ink is hardly dry CONFIRM that Vatican II did not change a thing, but AFFIRMED the history and practices of the RCC as proper and beyond reproach. What do you have to say about Rome's most bigoted claim of all - that there is no salvation without submission to "Christ's Vicar" in Vatican City? Not much, I'm guessing.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phoneman777 said:
"Evil' for pointing out that mjrhealth is a "bigot" ("intolerant") for his continuous failure to address points of contention that are brought before him? What else do you say about someone who callously dismisses other's views as ignorant and unworthy of his attention? Is that not "evil" when the Bible itself says, "despise not prophesyings"? If his doctrine cannot stand the test of the Biblical scrutiny that others lay before him, then let him humbly admit that, otherwise, he continues to give all appearances for bigotry as why he flatly ignores them.

BTW, if you look up "bigotry" in the dictionary, you'll find a snapshot of Vatican City, in which the "tolerant" Bishops of Rome sanctioned the murder of an estimated 150 Million of the faithful. Papal Encyclicals on which the ink is hardly dry CONFIRM that Vatican II did not change a thing, but AFFIRMED the history and practices of the RCC as proper and beyond reproach. What do you have to say about Rome's most bigoted claim of all - that there is no salvation without submission to "Christ's Vicar" in Vatican City? Not much, I'm guessing.
You are so blind when you can not see that what you have written condemns you too because you are doing the same things.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I really dont understand what teh big deal is, what did you expect, this is a battle betwwen darkness and light, truth and lie, God and the devil, did you think teh enemy was going to go quietly, have you not read

Mat 15:16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
Mat 15:17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
Mat 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
Mat 15:20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

Did not Jesus say,

Joh 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
Joh 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

But how can one be free when one is bound by the law and there religion.

PM havnt you figureed it out yet, God isnt interseted in your or my or anyones POV he only deals in truth and when you find it you will be free. Jesus is never going to bang on your dor and demand entry He will quietly knock in teh Hope tha tone day you will let Him in. Is he not worth more than your religion.

Mat 13:45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
Mat 13:46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it

Are you willing to forsake all for His sake. he has much to show you, even things that many will not see, but it wont happen if you dont anwer.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Jesus said in John 14.15 "if you love me keep my commandments" and Matthew 19.17 "to enter into life keep the commandments" and He goes on to identify these as the ten commandments.....but you ignore these...are you ashamed of these words?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus said in John 14.15 "if you love me keep my commandments" and Matthew 19.17 "to enter into life keep the commandments" and He goes on to identify these as the ten commandments.....but you ignore these...are you ashamed of these words?
Ashamed of Jesus. no, why should I be, the truth is in Him and our life is in Him, there is no life in teh law, just go ask all teh dead people who tried to keep it.

as it says

Mat 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

We know where your heart is, in the one thing you speak of ,the Law. where is Christ and grace, do the ynot account for anything is your righteousnes in teh Law.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So you deny the words of Jesus in the Gospels but yet you call yourself a "christian"...would you call yourself a "hypocrit"? That word seems to fit.
Mat 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
Mat 15:12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?

As I said we know where your heart is.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
H. Richard said:
You are so blind when you can not see that what you have written condemns you too because you are doing the same things
I am not a bigot, friend. I fully support the right of the individual to believe whatever according to the dictates of his conscience, and welcome questions or challenges to my beliefs, unlike the Papacy which slaughtered millions upon millions of people who refused to adopt her brand of Christianity.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phoneman777 said:
I am not a bigot, friend. I fully support the right of the individual to believe whatever according to the dictates of his conscience, and welcome questions or challenges to my beliefs, unlike the Papacy which slaughtered millions upon millions of people who refused to adopt her brand of Christianity.
I see you as a bigot. I see that in what you say and if the mods would do their job, they would put a stop to what you post.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Caling names is what children do, it serves no one, even Jesus was called names

Joh 9:16 Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the sabbath day. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them.

Mat_11:19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

Status
Not open for further replies.