unclean

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
why were some animals good and some not? what caused them to be unclean when god sayed all things were good? when did they not become good?:) just a thought.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
gregg;73638]why were some animals good and some not? what caused them to be unclean when god sayed all things were good? when did they not become good?:) just a thought.[/QUOTE] [B]They are good...not good to eat but good for the purpose they were created to accomplish. [/B] [B]They clean the earth...scavengers said:
unclean[/I]" doctrine then we too become contaminated. [/B] When Christ cast the demons into the herd of swine they drowned in the sea. The "sea" represents humanity so the swine, false teachers filled with evil spirits, ran headlong into humanity and there they are today!

Christian Commando

Nov 8, 2007
Well wait now, lets consider this a bit first. The first statement rings exactly true. the fact swine- (pigs) are more scavengers, along with wild deer, wild boar etc. I question the remark about the swine running into the sea and drowning as a depiction of the sea being humanity. The herd of swine "drown", they didn't survive and grow in numbers. So, the sea could not be representative of "humanity", since the results of the action of the swine running into it, is opposite the results of false teachers, etc coming into the world among men and growing, not being destroyed. Actually, in relation to God's word, it would be more attuned, to the sea representing the "Lake of Fire." The swine taking off running mindlessly into the sea, represents Satan, who is the author of confusion. therefore, the sea, represents the Lake of Fire, when Satan and his Demons are quelled forever. God declares, that Satan and his demons will eventually be cast into the Lake of Fire forever. Well, Jesus showed exactly this, thru that example. while Satan and Demons will torment people on earth- (possession by legion), the Power of God can drive them off and free those people- (Jesus cast them out). But eventually, Satan and his demons will reach thier demise in the end- (swine running into sea and drowning.) Because God will cast them all- (by His Spirit), into the Lake of Fire. God Bless!!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Christian Commando;73641]Well wait now said:
Actually they didn't "drown." I misspoke...but they "perished." The sea is symbolic of masses of humanity. I've never seen it compared to the lake of fire before but....I appreciate your interpretation. :)

Christian Commando

Nov 8, 2007
They didn't "drown", they "perished"- same difference my friend, they "died". So whats the answer? God declares that none, no not one is worthy of Salvation- (Grace). Since the moment of sin coming into the world, man was unworthy, therefore belonged to satan, because man gave authority over the earth to Satan. This is why God declares Satan is the god of this world and Prince of the air. Until a person so chooses to accept God, during Old test. times, it required animal sacrifices, now since Christ paid the price, its by Grace are ye saved thru faith in the shed Blood of Jesus Christ. Symbolic with animals. After man sinned, sin entered the world by one man, and death by sin. This mean't all living creatures would eventually grow old and die. For animals, this mean't a change for man among other select creatures to be able to eat them. God used the example of the select animals man could and could not eat, to show the difference between God's "Elect" and "Pagans"- (rejected peoples). Why? And "cloven hooved" animals are scavengers, living off the land as it were. Which as stated before, proves why theier bodies contain more parasites found in the natural world than other ones. Later, after christ paid the price for our sins, God now gave Peter a vision of all creatures on a sheet, now being acceptable to eat. Why? To show now, how the Jews were no longer the "only" Elect", but any gentiles who chose to believe in the Gospel too. And the first Gentile converts were lead to Christ by Peter, shortly after seeing that vision, while on that roof where he was staying. so really, in thier "perfected state" all things were originally good. Once in thier sin tainted State, God showed man a greater example of the meaning of His "Gift of Salvation" to His "Elect" thru the animal examples. Even today, man knows that all "cloven hooved" animals are more "unclean" to eat, thus its meat has to be thoroly cooked or we get unwanted parasites from them which enter and live in us otherwise, if not well cooked. This is why God used such animal selections for this comparison. But, back in Noah's Day, man had to learn how to eventually "cook" meat. At first, without knowing better, documented ancient proofs showed, some races ate raw meat, most likely not knowing enough to cook it at first. I pray this helps. God Bless!!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
[quote name='Christian Commando;73772]They didn't "drown"' date=' they "perished"- same difference my friend, they "died".[/quote'] I know....that is what I meant. :) I was just correcting my use of drown with the proper word...perished.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
gregg;73638 said:
why were some animals good and some not? what caused them to be unclean when god sayed all things were good? when did they not become good?:) just a thought.
Well I see it as pretty much in the same vein as the others .... Perhaps looking its easier to see this in broader terms. These unclean animal were most often used to clarify the health laws .. all unclean animals are as Whirlwind said scavengers of the earth .. hunt for dead and rotting carcases ect ....therefore were not fit to eat ... The health laws are still in effect just a little differently we are no longer forbidden by law to eat them however they are not healthy and can make you sick. Now that is the physical aspect but if you think about this as spiritual the same applies Unclean spirits will also hunt the spirtualy dead We are no longer held under the Law as Christ fulfilled it.If we partake of spritually unclean things our spirit can become sickbut now rather than make a sacrafice to cover the sin as in the OT days We must turn to Christ he gives us power in his name to cast out demons and unclean spirits ...