Understanding : Acts 2:38

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That, dear one, is a really stupid comment. If you do not understand the difference between taking a shower and being baptized, then you are not really intelligent enough to be commenting on anything in the Bible.
as far as being saved and doing it to be saved, They are about the same, Neither can save you..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try reading and understanding John 6.

In Greek is is called πίστις [pistis], same for belief. It happens both in the mind and in the heart. Faith is mental assent plus trust.
You would do well to do this yourself

29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

Its not your work, its God's work.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as far as being saved and doing it to be saved, They are about the same, Neither can save you..
No one that I know of has ever said that either of them saves. ButGod saves those who do.

29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

No it is not God's work. Jesus answered their question in verse 28, "what must we do......" Clearly his answer was to tell them what they must do.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try reading and understanding John 6.

In Greek is is called πίστις [pistis], same for belief. It happens both in the mind and in the heart. Faith is mental assent plus trust.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What would we do if someone were not here to designate for us those who are in error? Is there one that is not... in error that is?

Paul is not "in Error"

That is "Paul's Doctrine".

"Pauline Theology".

If a teacher says..>"what is that'.???????? then shut the door, turn off the switch, get away from this one, as they are a deceiver.

There is no.....""""Well, we are all just trying to figure it out,""""" as that is confusion that creates strife.... , and that is of the Devil.

Paul is not trying to figure it out.
His "Doctrine" has it figured out, as it came from Jesus.

Just learn it. and the quickest way is to listen to someone who knows it.

= "for the perfecting of the Saints'.

That is Paul's verse.

Who should we trust to point out those that are in error and the One that is right?

If a teacher says..>"what is Paul's doctrine, and why should we follow a man"'. then shut the door, turn off the switch, get away from this one, as they are in the da

There is no........"""Well, we are all just trying to figure it out"""", as that is confusion and strife", and that is of the Devil.

His "Doctrine" has it figured out.

"for the perfecting of the Saints'.

That is Paul's verse.

Really? And what of the sons of God?

1.) All the Born again, are "new Creations in Christ'.. This is the Son/Daughter of God.

What is that specifically....Its the Born again Spirit that is "in Christ" and "one with God".

2.) Angels are sons of God, but they are not this SON......: >"Let US... make MAN... in OUR Image".

Ro 8:14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

And the Holy Spirit leads you into all TRUTH, not away from it into doctrines of devils.

Yes, Jesus is all truth, but how far into Him are those who have only just met Him? What can a believer now see?

They can't see anything yet.
A New believer is a Babe in Christ.....and they have to be SHOWN, led, fed.
And that is when the Devil comes..
He comes to you, when you are new, or when you are carnal and confused.

What does He do?
He leads you into a man's teaching and then you fall under the "spell" of their theology.

Paul teaches this as.....""WHO has BEWITCHED You, that you NO LONGER...obey the Truth"..

That is a born again Christian, who is DECEIVED.

Calvin will do that to you.
The "cult of the virgin" will do that to you.

1co 13:12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Christ is the Light of the World, who is Himself, the way out of that foggy glass.

So you are saying that the Comforter was not sent to all of us

Im not saying that..

I posted that Jesus gave the Holy Spirit to the 11 apostles, in John 20:22, ......and later in Acts 2, .....Christ who was now back in Heaven, sent down the Comforter to us all.

Without the Holy Ghost how will we ever see his face clearly?

Yes.

Its the HS who reveals the scriptures and who reveals the real teachers .

The Devil has His ministers and God has His ministers.

Both are on this very forum, and on all Forums.

The reason that you have 45,000 denominations worldwide.... is because you have BOTH God the Father and the Devil, at work.

How will we distinguish between correct teaching and incorrect teachin

Paul's epistles, being spiritually discerned and taught........ is how you SEE who is the "real" one.

You can listen to them, and learn what they teach, and then what they have planed in you as the seed of the word.... will open inside you when you read Paul's Epistles.

If instead you spend your time reading "what calvin wrote" by "calvinists" or what Catholic "Fathers" wrote,. .then that becomes your issue.

People who spend their study time studying "commentaries" and reading "online sites" and watching "videos"..... are know by their deception.

Yes, as per Eph 4:11 but without the Holy Spirit leading us how are we to know the difference between the true minister

As i said....its always about Paul's Doctrine, as this is how you "establish your Heart with Grace".. Hebrews 13:9.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's easy. God's promise.
This is not all your trusting in.

Your trusting in the work you did to go wherever you went to be baptized. The work you did to walk into the river, the lake, or the tub where yu were baptized, and the person you placed your faith in to immerse you in that water to save you

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul is not "in Error"

That is "Paul's Doctrine".

"Pauline Theology".

If a teacher says..>"what is that'.???????? then shut the door, turn off the switch, get away from this one, as they are a deceiver.

There is no.....""""Well, we are all just trying to figure it out,""""" as that is confusion that creates strife.... , and that is of the Devil.

His "Doctrine" has it figured out, as it came from Jesus.

= "for the perfecting of the Saints'.

That is Paul's verse.

If a teacher says..>"what is Paul's doctrine, and why should we follow a man"'. then shut the door, turn off the switch, get away from this one, as they are in the da

There is no........"""Well, we are all just trying to figure it out"""", as that is confusion and strife", and that is of the Devil.

His "Doctrine" has it figured out.

"for the perfecting of the Saints'.

That is Paul's verse.

1.) All the Born again, are "new Creations in Christ'.. This is the Son/Daughter of God.

What is that specifically....Its the Born again Spirit that is "in Christ" and "one with God".

2.) Angels are sons of God, but they are not this SON......: >"Let US... make MAN... in OUR Image".

And the Holy Spirit leads you into all TRUTH, not away from it into doctrines of devils.

They can't see anything yet.
A New believer is a Babe in Christ.....and they have to be SHOWN, led, fed.
And that is when the Devil comes..
He comes to you, when you are new, or when you are carnal and confused.

What does He do?
He leads you into a man's teaching and then you fall under the "spell" of their theology.

Paul teaches this as.....""WHO has BEWITCHED You, that you NO LONGER...obey the Truth"..

That is a born again Christian, who is DECEIVED.

Calvin will do that to you.
The "cult of the virgin" will do that to you.

Christ is the Light of the World, who is Himself, the way out of that foggy glass.

Im not saying that..

I posted that Jesus gave the Holy Spirit to the 11 apostles, in John 20:22, ......and later in Acts 2, .....Christ who was now back in Heaven, sent down the Comforter to us all.

Yes.

Its the HS who reveals the scriptures and who reveals the real teachers .

The Devil has His ministers and God has His ministers.

Both are on this very forum, and on all Forums.

The reason that you have 45,000 denominations worldwide.... is because you have BOTH God the Father and the Devil, at work.

Paul's epistles, being spiritually discerned and taught........ is how you SEE who is the "real" one.

You can listen to them, and learn what they teach, and then what they have planed in you as the seed of the word.... will open inside you when you read Paul's Epistles.

If instead you spend your time reading "what calvin wrote" by "calvinists" or what Catholic "Fathers" wrote,. .then that becomes your issue.

People who spend their study time studying "commentaries" and reading "online sites" and watching "videos"..... are know by their deception.

As i said....its always about Paul's Doctrine, as this is how you "establish your Heart with Grace".. Hebrews 13:9.
Thank you for your time. Your answer seems to be simply "Paul's Doctrine", which for me puts the cart before the horse. Should we always presume you are right as to just what that Doctrine is? Is it possible that you are sometimes wrong?

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not all your trusting in.

Your trusting in the work you did to go wherever you went to be baptized. The work you did to walk into the river, the lake, or the tub where yu were baptized, and the person you placed your faith in to immerse you in that water to save you
You are really reaching now. Are you trusting the work of the Roman soldiers who nailed Jesus to the cross? Have you placed your trust in the nails holding Jesus on that cross? I think the hole that you have dug is quite deep enough; you should stop digging now.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Thank you for your time. Your answer seems to be simply "Paul's Doctrine", which for me puts the cart before the horse.

Paul wrote most of the NT epistles, and the Doctrine for the Church.

If you want to know what you need to know, you go to Paul's Epistles, His Doctrine.

Should we always presume you are right as to just what that Doctrine is? Is it possible that you are sometimes wrong?

Paul is our NT teacher, and His Theology, and the "Gospel" was delivered to Paul , from Jesus.
Paul then took this doctrine, and gave it to all the remaining Apostles, . and that is found in Act's 15.

So, that doctrine, is Pauline Theology, and its what we have to learn., as it is what "perfects us into the Knowledge of God".

Paul tells us to "work out your salvation "and that mean to come into the full understanding of : Salvation, as God has provided it.

Anything outside that, is not of that, and that is where "doctrines of devil's" comes from.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, I dropped by and saw an anti-baptism thread. Seems to be that this topic should be just as "taboo" as the Trinity.

Ac 2:37–38 Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Tt 3:4–7 But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

1 Peter 3:18–21 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit, in which he went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison, because they formerly did not obey, when God’s patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water. Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

If the point is that there is no "magic" in the water, I'd certainly agree. That is not the purpose of the baptism. From these verses, we can see that - upon baptism - we receive the Holy Spirit, the regeneration, and an appeal to God for a clean conscience. Three verses state this, and each taken separately can be confusing. That is because we see "baptism" as some magic act that accomplishes something by itself.

When the covenant on Mt. Sanai was made, Yahweh's instruction was for all males (in the patriarchal society) do be circumcised. This was the sign of agreement to the stipulations of Yahweh's covenant. Upon circumcision, the person was obligated to obey all that God commanded. If the person did not, without God's mercy, the covenant no longer existed for that purpose.

The New Covenant was different in many ways.

Ga 3:23–29 Now before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed. So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian, for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s offspring, heirs according to promise.

Now that there are no divisions under the New Covenant, the sign of accepting our part in the New Covenant is baptism. When we are baptized, we agree to the stipulations of that covenant. The water isn't magic. Our obedience is what places us under the New Covenant, and that obedience results in our rebirth and the gift of the Holy Spirit. At least, despite our favorite positions on the doctrine, that is what scripture says.
This is a works based gospel

It also is an attempt to replace the spiritual baptism, which is done by God (romans 6,Gal 3, 1 Cor 12 and Col 2) with a physical baptism performed by Man.

This is called blasphemy of the spirit

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have said all I have to say regarding your man made doctrine...
this is rude and belittling and in my view childish!

and not even nearly supported by scripture
It’s there for all to see....nothing further to discuss with you and please because we don’t agree with you, please don’t get personal by bringing members into the equation...very childish and immature.

Have a nice day..xx
In other words, Since we do not agree with you. and your right and everyone else is wrong. there is nothing further to discuss

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one that I know of has ever said that either of them saves. ButGod saves those who do.

You just said it saves.

Funny how you deny you do it, then do it in the same sentence.
No it is not God's work. Jesus answered their question in verse 28, "what must we do......" Clearly his answer was to tell them what they must do.
Yes he answered them,

Its NOT YOUR WORK, Its GODS WORK.

He is trying to get them to see there is NO WORK you can do.. You can not even believe on your own.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are really reaching now.
Nope. just stating a fact. Anyone who reads what you say with an open mind would see how true this is
Are you trusting the work of the Roman soldiers who nailed Jesus to the cross? Have you placed your trust in the nails holding Jesus on that cross? I think the hole that you have dug is quite deep enough; you should stop digging now.
lol. I trust the cross. And I trust jesus promise, that if I look to the cross in faith I will never perish, and I will live forever.

You trust in baptism..

Your reaching to deny you are placing faith in self. not God

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
please don’t get personal by bringing members into the equation...very childish and immature.

You are the very one that told me that St. Steven explained to you how to "trigger".
You posted this to me, on this forum.
So, i was just reminding you of your own interesting behavior..

- see you there.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
this is rude and belittling and in my view childish!

and not even nearly supported by scripture

In other words, Since we do not agree with you. and your right and everyone else is wrong. there is nothing further to discuss
Unfortunately you twist what I say, I think you mean you are right and every one else is wrong, you only have to read this thread to see that.

Your doctrine imo is manmade, saying that one must look to the cross to be Born Again, is not biblical.

Plus imperishable seed being the cross as you also said on another thread,your doctrine imo is so confusing because it comes from you or whoever taught you.

A Born Again is Born Again by the Living word of God...not by his written word.

A Born Again is Born Again by the Living word of God.

Your theology states that you were Born Again by the written word...therefore void of Gods truth.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Your doctrine imo is manmade,

Calvin's doctrine is "man-made"

Hes the man.

You dont realize this yet?

I hope you will soon..

Paul's Doctrine came from Jesus, and that is what i teach.
Calvin didn't teach Paul's doctrine, and that is why its called : CALVINISM.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are the very one that told me that St. Steven explained to you how to "trigger".
You posted this to me, on this forum.
So, i was just reminding you of your own interesting behavior..

- see you there.
Can you please stop getting personal...because I don’t agree with your theology....