Understanding and interpretation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
What you did was to make people aware that those who sin are not of God, and in no way could understand or interpret scripture correctly.

You've been accusing a lot of people of being of Satan. I think you owe us an explanation.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

I replied to what YOU said.

Again I ask, define "those who sin".

Do you realize the if one used your reasoning the all the miracles, healings and other signs that Jesus preformed, could just as well have been done by Satan?

Satan is Lord of the flies, and he can’t do anything unless God lets him. He is so easy to expose, because he is a liar. A liar always trips over his own lies.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Do you realize the if one used your reasoning the all the miracles, healings and other signs that Jesus preformed, could just as well have been done by Satan?

?
Satan is Lord of the flies, and he can’t do anything unless God lets him. He is so easy to expose, because he is a liar. A liar always trips over his own lies.
Is that how he has deceived mankind, because he's so easy?

Revelation 12:9 (NKJV)
[sup]9 [/sup]So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world;

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

?

Is that how he has deceived mankind, because he's so easy?

Revelation 12:9 (NKJV)
[sup]9 [/sup]So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world;

No he deceived mankind because man with out God is so easy to deceive.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
No he deceived mankind because man with out God is so easy to deceive.
Is that why 'Christianity' is a huge mess?

Again I ask, define your comment "those who sin" are of Satan. Are you saying those who commit a sin are of Satan? I think you must be since you declare yourself to be sinless.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

Is that why 'Christianity' is a huge mess?

Again I ask, define your comment "those who sin" are of Satan. Are you saying those who commit a sin are of Satan? I think you must be since you declare yourself to be sinless.

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

(1 John 5:18) “ We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him”

Jesus personally taught me that Christians are dead to sin. So if one sins he or she is not Christian. The best one who sin can be is a baby Christian. By the way I am talking about a deliberate sin.

(1 Corinthians 3:1-3) “Brothers, I myself was unable to speak to you as people of the Spirit; I treated you as sensual men, still infants in Christ. What I fed you with was milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it; and indeed, you are still not ready for it since you are still unspiritual. Isn’t that obvious from all the jealousy and wrangling that there is among you, from the way that you go on behaving like ordinary people?”

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

That's what I thought you meant. You and Jesus are sure gonna be lonely in heaven.

I would like to share a letter of a man who knew what I know, and he had his tongue and right arm cut out and off to stop him from sharing.

The following is a letter by Saint. Maximus the Confessor and it explains in a very unique way what I have been saying, that people who know God do not sin.

The manner of birth from God within us is two-fold: the one bestows the grace of adoption, which is entirely present in potency in those who are born of God; the other introduces, wholly by active exertion, that grace which deliberately reorients the entire free choice of the one being born of God toward the God who gives birth. The first bears the grace, present in potency through faith alone; but the second, beyond, also engenders in the knower the sublimely divine likeness of the One known, that likeness being effected precisely through knowledge. Therefore the first manner of birth is observed in some because their will, not yet fully detached from its propensity to the flesh, has yet to be wholly endowed with the Spirit by participation in the divine mysteries that are made known through active endeavor. The inclination to sin does not disappear as long as they will it. For the Spirit does not give birth to an unwilling will, but converts the willing will toward deification. (So a person doesn’t stop sinning just because they will not to sin.) Whoever has participated in this deification through cognizance experience is incapable of reverting from right discernment in truth, once he has achieved this in action, to something else besides, which only pretends to be that same discernment. (Once a person comes to know God, through the Holy Spirit, they are incapable of reverting to their sinful ways.) It is like the eye, which, once it has looked upon the sun, cannot mistake it for the moon or any of the other stars in the heavens. With those undergoing the (second mode of) birth, the Holy Spirit takes the whole of their free choice and translates it completely from earth to heaven, and, through the true knowledge acquired by exertion, transfigures the mind with the blessed light rays of our God and Father, such that the mind is deemed another “God,” insofar as in its habitude if experiences, by grace, that which God himself does not experience but “is” in his very essence. With those undergoing this second mode of baptism, their free choice clearly becomes sinless in virtue and knowledge, as they are unable to negate what they have actively discerned through experience. So even if we have the Spirit of adoption, who is himself the Seed for enduring those begotten (through baptism) with the likeness of the Sower, but do not present him with a will cleansed of any inclination or disposition to something else, we therefore, even after being born of water and Spirit (Jn 3:5), willingly sin. But were we to prepare our will with knowledge to receive the operation of these agents-water and Spirit, I mean-then the mystical water would, through our practical life, cleanse our conscience, and the life-giving Spirit would bring about unchanging perfection of the good in us through knowledge acquired in experience. Precisely for that reason he leaves, to each of us who are still able to sin, the sheer desire to surrender our whole selves willing to the Spirit.

St. Maximus the Confessor

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Just think, poor John actually believed he was a Christian.

1 John 1:8-10 (NKJV)

[sup]8 [/sup]If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. [sup]9 [/sup]If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. [sup]10 [/sup]If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Just think, poor John actually believed he was a Christian.

1 John 1:8-10 (NKJV)

[sup]8 [/sup]If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. [sup]9 [/sup]If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. [sup]10 [/sup]If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

You did not read the whole verse.

(1 John 1: 8-10)[sup] “[/sup]If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.”

You need to see John was saying if one says he or she says they have never sinned they are liars.

If one is forgiven of all unrighteousness are they not then sinless? Could they then be liars if they say they are sinless?

John later says:

(1 John 3:3-9) “Surely everyone who entertains this hope must purify himself, must try to be as pure as Christ. Any one who sins at all breaks the law, because to sin is to break the law. Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin: anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him. My children do not let anyone lead you astray’ to live a holy life is to be holy just as He is holy’ to lead a sinful life is to belong the Devil, since the Devil was a sinner from the beginning. It was to undo all that the Devil has done that the Son of God appeared. No one who has been begotten by God sins: because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

John told us those who did not know God sinned and asked forgiveness and were forgiven, but once a person comes to know God he or she will not sin.

Scripture goes on to say that if a person who does know God uses their free will to sin there is no repentance for that person.

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies. Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment. We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

(Hebrews 6: 4) “As for those people who were once brought into the light, and tasted the gift from heaven, and received a share of the Holy Spirit, and appreciated the good message of God and the powers of the world to come and yet in spite of this have fallen away it is impossible for that to be renewed a second time. They cannot be repentant if they have willfully crucified the Son of God and openly mocked Him.”

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Like I said, you're gonna be mighty lonely in Heaven, O sinless one. Wouldn't you rather be with the rest of us lowly sinners?

Somehow I don't think this self-righteous this guy is in Heaven, unless he got saved.

Luke 18:11 (NKJV)
[sup]11 [/sup]The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, 'God, I thank You that I am not like other men--extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.

You might wanna take note here Thankful 1. Do you think self-righteousness is a sin?

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Like I said, you're gonna be mighty lonely in Heaven, O sinless one. Wouldn't you rather be with the rest of us lowly sinners?

Somehow I don't think this self-righteous this guy is in Heaven, unless he got saved.

[sup]11 [/sup]The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, 'God, I thank You that I am not like other men--extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.

You might wanna take note here Thankful 1. Do you think self-righteousness is a sin?

There is no way anyone can defeat Satan/sin unless he or she has an indwelling of God. Only God can defeat Satan. A person who is a temple of God is free from sin. This person knows that it is God in him or her who makes it possible to have defeated Satan/sin. There is no self-rightness in knowing God is one’s protector.

How often have you made a promise to God that you would not do some wrong act, only to find that you did not have the will power to keep your promise? Once God has made his home in a person he or she always has the will power to keep his or her promise to God.

(Acts 2:38-39) “You must repent, Peter answered and every one of you must be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise that was made is for you and your children, and for all those who are far away, for all those whom the Lord our God is calling to himself.”

Receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit.​

The gifts of the Holy Spirit are many, but just to name a few.

(1 Corinthians 12:27-30) “Now you together are Christ’s body; but each of you is a different part of it. In the Church, God has given the first place to apostles, the second to prophets, the third to teachers; after them, miracles, and after them the gift of healing; helpers, good leaders, those with many languages. Are all of them apostles, or all of them prophets, or all of them teachers? Do all speak strange languages, and all interpret them?”

The Holy Spirit/Jesus will begin to teach and give one the grace to live the whole Word of God.

(1 John 2:27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you, the anointing he gave teaches you everything; you are anointed with truth, not a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”

Living the Word of God includes loving, even one’s enemies.

(Matthew 5:43-44) “You have learnt how it was said, you must love your neighbor and hate your enemy, but I say this to you: love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.”

(Matthew 5:39) “You have learnt how it was said: ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ But I say this to you: offer the wicked man no resistance.”

One can’t say he or she loves if they have money stored and they keep it stored even when they know there is some one in need of that money.

(1 John 3:16-18) “This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.”

Jesus told us the following​

(Matthew 6:19) “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.”

(Matthew 6:24)"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.”

(Luke 12:33) “Sell your possessions and give alms. Get yourselves purses that do not wear out, treasure that will not fail you, in Heaven where no thief can reach it and no moth destroy it. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”

(Luke 14:33) “So in the same way, none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up all his possessions.”

A Spiritual Christian is a temple of God where no sin exists.​

(Romans 6:2-4) “How can we who died to sin yet live in it?

Or are you unaware that we who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were indeed buried with him through baptism into death, so that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might live in newness of life.”

(1 John 5:18) “ We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him”

When one learns to obey and live the Word of God, he or she will become the home of God.

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

(1 Corinthians 2:13-14) “Therefore we teach, not in the way in which philosophy is taught, but in the way that the Spirit teaches us: we teach spiritual things spiritually. An unspiritual person is one who does not accept anything of the Spirit of God he sees it all as nonsense; it is beyond his understanding because it can only be understood by means of the Spirit.”

To maintain life in one he or she needs spiritual food.

(John 6:53-55) “How can this man give us his flesh to eat? They said. Jesus replied: ‘I tell you most solemnly, if you do not eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you will not have life in you. Anyone who does eat my flesh and drink my blood has eternal life, and I shall raise him up on the last day.”

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
We can't say we weren't warned can we?

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
We can't say we weren't warned can we?

My wife used to say that the reason why God wants me to give a word was so people could not say to him, when they are to be judged; but I never was told.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
My wife used to say that the reason why God wants me to give a word was so people could not say to him, when they are to be judged; but I never was told.
Is your wife also sinless or of Satan? I don't normally ask questions like that but since you insist that we be sinless or of Satan I think it appropriate in this case.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

Is your wife also sinless or of Satan? I don't normally ask questions like that but since you insist that we be sinless or of Satan I think it appropriate in this case.

My wife may have been one of the most spiritual women that has ever walked on this earth. She is no longer here on earth, and the earth is much the worse for her departure

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I don't see any hope for the rest of us. Looks like just you and Jesus in Heaven for eternity. Have fun.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
I don't see any hope for the rest of us. Looks like just you and Jesus in Heaven for eternity. Have fun.

Why don’t you do your self a big favor? Stop being so sarcastic and find out how one can come to know God to the point where he or she can live a sinless life.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Why don’t you do your self a big favor? Stop being so sarcastic and find out how one can come to know God to the point where he or she can live a sinless life.
If we could live a sinless life then God wouldn't have given us the NT. We could live by THE LAW of Moses. Nobody could but Jesus and neither can you. By denying that you are a sinner you are rejecting God's forgiveness and mercy for those who repent of their sins. Stop covering your sins.

Proverbs 28:13 (NKJV)
[sup]13 [/sup]He who covers his sins will not prosper, But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy.