• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
-

So lets look at what it means to be BORN AGAIN.....how it happens.. and what it does..
Since Jesus used the word "again" it implies one must have been born before in order to be born AGAIN. One is first born into this world by a physical birth without sin (Romans 4:15; 1 John 3:4; Romans 7:8-9)....one is physically born into the world in a sense as a 'clean slate'. Yet as one mentally matures learning right from wrong (Isaiah 7:15-16) one becomes accountable God and then sin springs up in one (Romans 7:8-9) with one then becoming a sinner placing sin marks on that once clean slate.

But when one is born again by means of water baptism, the blood of Christ washes away all sin thereby 'cleaning that slate' where now that slate is now clean again as it was when one was first physically born. If one was born sinful, the new birth does not return one AGAIN to that sinful state.

John 3:3-5 this new birth consists of 2 elements; 1) Spirit and 2) water.
The Spirit's role in being born again is His word, the Bible, which instructs men on how to be saved. Therefore those men who are obedient to the Spirit's instructions will be cleaned by the word (John 15:3), they are born again by the word (1 Peter 1:23) begotten (given birth) by the gospel (1 Corinthians 4:15), begat (birthed) with the word of truth (James 1:18). The Spirit's word instructs men to be water baptized for remission of sins (Acts of the Apostles 2:38; Acts of the Apostles 10:47-48). Hence the role of water is water baptism whereby in water baptism we are "washed us from our sins in his own blood" (Revelation 1:5).

Last edited:

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Ghost is absolutely promised as the result of fulfilling the condition of the promise in Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39.

1) It was a little while ago that I told you that. What makes you think that that hasn't changed?

2) Confession of sins helps. If anyone does it properly, they will be cleansed of all their unrighteousness.

If someone is not a Christian when they are baptized, in becoming baptized they may in fact become born again. For the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to those who fulfill the condition of that promise in Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39.

Truly you were (not) bearing good fruit at this point.

Mat 7:15, Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat 7:16, Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17, Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18, A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19, Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20, Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Is Romans 10:9-11 false?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You
But when one is born again by means of water baptism,.

No one can be spiritually "born again" by water.

Water is water and Spirit is Spirit.
They are not the same, no matter how the Catholics and the Jehovah's Witness try to teach otherwise..

Listen, reader,
Water, only touches your body. It can't touch your spirit.

To be born again, you have to be spiritually re-birthed......or as Jesus explains....>"you must be born again".
This is not a 2nd birth of the body, its a regeneration of the SPIRIT that is born again into the Spirit of God, BY the Holy Spirit of God.
The Holy Spirit of God is not water.
Water can't produce spiritual birth.
Only The Spirit of God, can produce a spiritual birth, so, if a false teacher or similar teaches you that water is God, then deny them and avoid them.

See, to teach that Water causes spiritual birth is to teach that water is the Spirit of God, or the Holy Spirit.
This is a SATANIC LIE.
To teach this Satanic Lie in public, or from a pulpit, is : Galatians 1:8

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But when one is born again by means of water baptism, the blood of Christ washes away all sin thereby 'cleaning that slate' where now that slate is now clean again as it was when one was first physically born. If one was born sinful, the new birth does not return one AGAIN to that sinful state.

Going through a ceremony of baptism, or getting babies sprinkled doesn't give you new birth it just gets you wet. But on the other hand after you are born again through the acceptance of Jesus and then get baptised, it is a very special event in your life.

Hence the role of water is water baptism whereby in water baptism we are "washed us from our sins in his own blood"

Baptism does cleanse us from our sin it is the blood of the Lamb of God that does that even if we aren't then baptised.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
You

No one can be spiritually "born again" by water.

Water is water and Spirit is Spirit.
They are not the same, no matter how the Catholics and the Jehovah's Witness try to teach otherwise..

Listen, reader,
Water, only touches your body. It can't touch your spirit.

To be born again, you have to be spiritually re-birthed......or as Jesus explains....>"you must be born again".
This is not a 2nd birth of the body, its a regeneration of the SPIRIT that is born again into the Spirit of God, BY the Holy Spirit of God.
The Holy Spirit of God is not water.
Water can't produce spiritual birth.
Only The Spirit of God, can produce a spiritual birth, so, if a false teacher or similar teaches you that water is God, then deny them and avoid them.

See, to teach that Water causes spiritual birth is to teach that water is the Spirit of God, or the Holy Spirit.
This is a SATANIC LIE.
To teach this Satanic Lie in public, or from a pulpit, is : Galatians 1:8

One is born again through water baptism for it is in water baptism the blood of Christ washes away all sins:

--John said the blood of Christ washes away sin (Revelation 1:5)
--Christ shed His blood in His death, (John 19:34)
--and it baptism that gives us access into the death of Christ ("baptized into His death") where His blood was shed that washes away sins (Romans 6:3-5)

I never said the Holy Spirit is water but that there are two elements in the new birth 1) Spirit and 2) water and explained the role of each one in the new birth.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Going through a ceremony of baptism, or getting babies sprinkled doesn't give you new birth it just gets you wet. But on the other hand after you are born again through the acceptance of Jesus and then get baptised, it is a very special event in your life.

Baptism does cleanse us from our sin it is the blood of the Lamb of God that does that even if we aren't then baptised.

Yes, it is the blood of Christ that washes away sins (Revelation 1:5) but it is in water baptism that Christ blood washes away sin, NOT by saying a sinner's prayer, NOT by having belief only but God has chosen water baptism as the means by which Christ's blood washes away sin.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, it is the blood of Christ that washes away sins (Revelation 1:5) but it is in water baptism that Christ blood washes away sin, NOT by saying a sinner's prayer, NOT by having belief only but God has chosen water baptism as the means by which Christ's blood washes away sin.
I don't know which church has taught you that Ernest, the blood of Christ is what washes our sins away. I was born again and cleansed of my sin long before I was baptised. But perhaps your church is different.

1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born again new creation baptismal regeneration

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

Christian ritual of baptism:
Immersion, sprinkling, pour pure water over the forehead three time with the words, I baptize thee in the name of the father, and of the son, and of the Holy Spirit! Ez 36:25-27 Mk 16:16 Matt 28:19 Acts 2:38-39 Acts 8:36-38 Acts 22:16
1 Pet 3:21

Proper intention: to make a new creature in Christ, to put on Christ, initiation into the new covenant of grace
Matter: pure water
Form: the words

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by baptism!

Context of Jn 3:5 “born again”

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)(His disciples believed because the ever Virgin mother of God interceded Jn 2:11)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism / water)

John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Born again means Baptismal regeneration!

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
I don't know which church has taught you that Ernest, the blood of Christ is what washes our sins away. I was born again and cleansed of my sin long before I was baptised. But perhaps your church is different.

1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
I did say the blood of Christ washes away sins. The issue then is WHEN, at what point does the blood of Christ wash away sins and according to the Bible the blood of Christ washes away sins when, at the point of being water baptized. No one can be cleansed of sin before they have been baptized.

1 John 1:7 speaks of those who have already been baptized. Water baptism is the beginning point of Christ's blood washing away sin and after one is baptize one must continue to walk in the light so Christ's blood continues to was away sin. But the beginning point of Christ's blood washing away sins is water baptism.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Christ washes away sins when, at the point of being water baptized. No one can be cleansed of sin before they have been baptized.
I have never been taught that. I believe that your sins are washed away when you are born again and that baptism is a symbol of being buried with Christ. And baptism not as a baby but as a personal choice when one becomes a Christian.

Romans 6:4
We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

Colossians 2:12
having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
I have never been taught that. I believe that your sins are washed away when you are born again and that baptism is a symbol of being buried with Christ. And baptism not as a baby but as a personal choice when one becomes a Christian.

We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.
--John said the blood of Christ washes away sin (Revelation 1:5)
--Christ shed His blood in His death, (John 19:34)
--and it baptism that gives us access into the death of Christ ("baptized into His death") where His blood was shed that washes away sins (Romans 6:3-5)

.... baptism and nothing else gives man access into the death of Christ, gives access to the shed blood that washes away sins.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did say the blood of Christ washes away sins. The issue then is WHEN, at what point does the blood of Christ wash away sins and according to the Bible the blood of Christ washes away sins when, at the point of being water baptized. No one can be cleansed of sin before they have been baptized.

1 John 1:7 speaks of those who have already been baptized. Water baptism is the beginning point of Christ's blood washing away sin and after one is baptize one must continue to walk in the light so Christ's blood continues to was away sin. But the beginning point of Christ's blood washing away sins is water baptism.

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
faith includes being baptized.
Well sure it does. Most of us know that. True faith is a living, active, obedient faith. Or else it isn't real faith.
But faith in the promise of God does the justifying all by itself. Just like it did for Abraham, our example of faith and justification.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
yes, it is thru baptism sins are washed away by the blood of Christ and one has not called upon the name of the Lord till one has been baptized.

Acts 2:41 "Then they that gladly received his word were baptized:"

This logically infers those who rejected the gospel word as preached by Peter rejected being baptized. Therefore rejecting the command to be baptized is rejecting the gospel.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Well sure it does. Most of us know that. True faith is a living, active, obedient faith. Or else it isn't real faith.
But faith in the promise of God does the justifying all by itself. Just like it did for Abraham, our example of faith and justification.
faith alone, all by itself, does not justify/save, James 2.

Eph 2:8 faith >>>>>>> saves
Luke 13: repentance >>>saves
Rom 10:9 confession >>>saves
1 Pet 3:21 baptism >>>saves

Simce there is but one way to be saved, no alternatives, and the Bible does not contradict itself then a saving faith MUST include repentance, confession and baptism. All the faith only in the world will never save the person who will not repent. Faith alone apart from confession will not save John 12:42. Faith alone from baptism does not save Acts 2:38

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

@Pearl In Acts 2.41, the new believers were baptized because they were believers, not supposedly in order to become believers...

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl In Acts 2.41, the new believers were baptized because they were believers, not supposedly in order to become believers...
Exactly. I had been a believer for seven years before I was able to be baptised. And I could speak in tongues because I was also baptised in the Spirit.