understanding Paul

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have already identified you as a false teacher, so such a statement is to be expected coming from a wolf.

I'm not a wolf. You're a slanderer. Your Christianity is pathetic. We're here to discuss issues--not name call. Grow up!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The devil operates under the radar by promoting confusion that will keep people from seeing the plain truth of the matter.

God will make clear who is behaving properly, and who is telling the truth--not you. Your depiction can be as inaccurate as a false teacher.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God will make clear who is behaving properly, and who is telling the truth--not you. Your depiction can be as inaccurate as a false teacher.
I believe that the Lord will indeed make that clear...and already has to a certain extent.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not a wolf. You're a slanderer. Your Christianity is pathetic. We're here to discuss issues--not name call. Grow up!
You have been identified as a wolf.

Your only option is to retaliate against the shepherd who is defending the sheep from you. Because if the sheep come out from under his care, they will be vulnerable to being eaten.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've explained to my wife why this guy on a forum, who claims to be a Christian, believes I'm a "wolf," a "false teacher." And I explained to her that I believe that while the Law was in effect, Israel could be righteous by obeying the Law.

My wife exclaimed, "Why didn't he believe that?" I told her, "He just thinks that the Bible teaches that righteousness is only in Christ. But he makes the mistake of thinking that because righteousness is in Christ there could never have been any righteousness under the Law."

She went further, "Why didn't you make it easier for him to understand?" I told her, "I did try to make it easy for him to understand. I think he's just to proud to submit to somebody he doesn't know, who he distrusts."

And so, here I am, branded a "false teacher," by someone who himself is teaching a falsehood, that the Law never produced any righteousness. He is in error, but I would not for that reason call him a "false teacher," or a "wolf."

I think the problem is that Christians, like anybody else, get frustrated when they don't get their way, and turn to personal attack. That is bad behavior for a Christian to take part in. But I'll leave it to God to deal with. Not my job!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture clearly teaches that the righteousness which is of the law is as filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6) while the righteousness which is of faith is the fine linen, clean and white, the righteousness of saints (Revelation 19:8 (kjv)).

Philippians 3:9 makes this clear; and only the blind will not see the reality of this.

But here, I believe that 1 John 4:5-6 is the reality.

1Jo 4:5, They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
1Jo 4:6, We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

The thing about false teachers is that their teaching appeals to the flesh and to pride.

What I am teaching is against pride...for I am teaching that the only way a man can be truly righteous is through faith in Jesus Christ; and this is gospel truth; that wll be rejected by the world whenever they are given an alternative to belief in it.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have been identified as a wolf.

Your only option is to retaliate against the shepherd who is defending the sheep from you. Because if the sheep come out from under his care, they will be vulnerable to being eaten.

You've adopted the name "justbyfaith," and I think my statement, that "righteousness existed under the Law" is a threat to you, because you are all about stating that salvation is only by faith. Well, I agree that salvation is only by faith. But you should not try to prove salvation is only by faith by declaring that there was no righteousness under the Law. Read Psalm 119 sometime.

Read Psalm 1. You apparently don't care what the truth is. Your claim that I'm a "wolf" is indication of how little you've matured in your life as a Christian.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the very end of Psalms 119, the Psalmist mentions that he is as a lost sheep. That is the context of Psalms 119.

As for Psalms 1, I don't see how it in any way contradicts my doctrine that we are justified by faith. It simply states that if any man abides in God's word, he will be like a tree that is planted by the rivers of water

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've adopted the name "justbyfaith," and I think my statement, that "righteousness existed under the Law" is a threat to you,

There is a righteousness that is under the law (Philippians 3:9)....however it is as filthy menstrual rags (Isaiah 64:6; Matthew 23:25-28).