Understanding some parables

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The key to unlocking some of the parables that Christ spoke about. He ends some with the words “I never knew you.” Or “I know you not”.

Matthew 7:21

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.”

Matthew 25:11

“Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, Lord, lord, open to us.’ But he

answered, ‘Truly, I say to you, I do not know you.”

These are two examples of Christ saying I know you not.

Here is the reason for these words spoken by Christ.

The definition of eternal life is given to us by the Lord himself. Now he that has an ear let him hear and understand.

Christ tells us in the following scriptures what eternal life is.

John 17:1

“Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son that the Son may glorify you, since you have given him authority over all flesh, to give eternal life to all whom you have given him. And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.”

Now one of the Apostle asked Christ because he couldn’t understand how this would be. How Christ would make himself know to them but not to the rest of the world.

John 14:22

“Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, “Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?” Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me.”

Now as a new Christian you may ask why was the definition found in chapter17 and the question in chapter 14! Understand when the gospel was being written the writer recorded things as they recall events. They did not always write things in a chronological order. The only writer that claims to writer things in order was the writer of Luke.

Luke 1:1

“Inasmuch as many have undertaken to compile a narrative of the things that have been accomplished among us, just as those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and ministers of the word have delivered them to us, it seemed good to me also, having followed all things closely for some time past, to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, that you may have certainty concerning the things you have been taught.”

So when you begin to study scriptures pick a subject of concern and gather all scriptures that speak of eternal life then you’ll see a complete picture of it.

Eternal life is a personal relationship with the Lord. An everlasting life is being with Christ for all eternity in Heaven.

Always study rightly dividing the word putting it in its proper order.