Understanding The 144,000

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's exactly what the Bible says.

You've been presented with the 6 verses from John multiple times now that state that Jesus comes on the Last Day. That clearly implies that it all ends ON THE DAY THAT HE COMES. Or the Bible wouldn't refer to it as the LAST DAY.
You mean exactamundo Da Fonz?
Lol. So they see him and mourn for an hour? That would be very inconsiderate, the LORD would allow much more mourning time and of course time to find a cave to hide in.
As in the days of Da Fonz so shall it be in the days of GEN2REV, he will realize he was wrong, though at the time he could not speak the words!

Here is yet another scripture to bolster this FACT from God's Word:

" ... the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed."
Luke 17:29-30
You argue your point with a scripture without even understanding fully what the scripture means!
READ THE LAST WORD. IT SAYS REVEALED. Jesus "revealed" means just that, it does not mean his judgment is over on that day.
Like Da Fonz, many think they are correct. Probably a lack of education, mixed with pride and stubbornness. Were you a backyard mechanic too?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean exactamundo Da Fonz?
Lol. So they see him and mourn for an hour? That would be very inconsiderate, the LORD would allow much more mourning time and of course time to find a cave to hide in.
Most of 'em are already in caves, and have been for some time. There are countless multi-million dollar homes that are underground, in the sides of hills and mountains, etc. There are also extremely complex underground military bases that would rival many above-ground cities at this point and have been for quite a while.

All of your pre-req's for Biblical events are holding out for things that are now, or already have been, happening.

You say there will be a war in the Middle East before certain things can happen. Have you been living under a rock for the past 30 years war in the Middle East? Or does that one just not count with you?

Does it make sense that there would be a 30 year war in the Middle East and THEN there would be the significant one?

You also refuse to accept that the Vatican already made a Treaty with Palestine in 2015. Again, you're waiting for that to happen to accept anything significant that scripture prophesies coming after.

Who is refusing to admit they're wrong?
You argue your point with a scripture without even understanding fully what the scripture means! READ THE LAST WORD. IT SAYS REVEALED. Jesus "revealed" means just that, it does not mean his judgment is over on that day.
More 'God says, Man says' with you.

God says clearly in His Word how things will be.
Man says, "Well, yes, it SAYS that, ... but what it REALLY means is ... "

Forever ignoring 2 Peter 1:20.
Like Da Fonz, many think they are correct. Probably a lack of education, mixed with pride and stubbornness. Were you a backyard mechanic too?
More highly relevant contribution to the discussion. I suppose if you were to run out of anything of value to say, and fail to further address the topic of debate intelligently, you might resort to attacking the messenger instead with childish, weak assumptions and accusations that would make you look foolish and thrash your own credibility in the process.

Glad we haven't come to that point yet.

Last Day means Last Day. It all ends in that day.

God's Words, not mine.

Tell HIM what He really means, not me.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of 'em are already in caves, and have been for some time. There are countless multi-million dollar homes that are underground, in the sides of hills and mountains, etc. There are also extremely complex underground military bases that would rival many above-ground cities at this point and have been for quite a while.
Yes, I'm sure there are - large and small bunkers.

You say there will be a war in the Middle East before certain things can happen. Have you been living under a rock for the past 30 years war in the Middle East? Or does that one just not count with you?
I have been living inside the Cornerstone for a little over 30 years. The coming war is probably going to be nuclear with Iran. Turkey, Syria, and many other countries Islamic nations joining in against Israel.

Does it make sense that there would be a 30 year war in the Middle East and THEN there would be the significant one?
In 1948 until July 1949 wars took place and then peace treaties were signed. It wasn't permanent though. The Six Day War was significant, since then only minor wars erupted.

You also refuse to accept that the Vatican already made a Treaty with Palestine in 2015. Again, you're waiting for that to happen to accept anything significant that scripture prophesies coming after.
I am not waiting for a significant treaty to be broken. Not sure what the Pope signs or says is that significant in the whole scheme of things. ?

Forever ignoring 2 Peter 1:20.
Context! This scripture is often misused as a proof text. Read vs. 16-21. Scripture was not devised by man. They were eye witnesses. So it is summed by saying all prophecy wasn't the result of man's creation or his will, but men spoke as they were filled and led by the Holy Spirit.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NO, I teach what the Bible teaches, not what traditions of men teach.

That is that the Mosaic Laws ended at the Cross and/or at the destruction of the Temple because without a Temple, they have no purpose.

And I teach that the 10 Commandments will never expire. Just as God intended.

Because, read carefully - and without man's interference, that is what scripture teaches; and that is what is learned when somebody reads scripture on their own with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, and without being taught what it "really" means by man.

I don't teach my own doctrine. Never have.
I pointed out the Cross was the last day of the OT arrangement with God. Abraham's bosom was emptied. All of the OT could now physically enter Paradise. Yet you seem to imply, no, that was not the Last Day for them. Are they still in Abraham's bosom waiting for a last day?

Do we go to Abraham's bosom waiting for that last day?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pointed out the Cross was the last day of the OT arrangement with God. Abraham's bosom was emptied. All of the OT could now physically enter Paradise. Yet you seem to imply, no, that was not the Last Day for them. Are they still in Abraham's bosom waiting for a last day?

So you quote my entire post, which said nothing close to what you claim anywhere in it, and presume that you've demonstrated your totally obscure case that I implied something completely random in it?

That dog won't hunt.

Why do you have an image of a virus that's allegedly infected 100's of millions for your Avatar?

What do you intend to convey with that?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you quote my entire post, which said nothing close to what you claim anywhere in it, and presume that you've demonstrated your totally obscure case that I implied something completely random in it?

That dog won't hunt.

Why do you have an image of a virus that's allegedly infected 100's of millions for your Avatar?

What do you intend to convey with that?
The Last Day.

Which one?

My avatar is the first Seal being opened.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you die before the time of Christ's future coming, let's hope... that it's to Abraham's bosom in Paradise where you'll go to. And yes, even with Abraham, you'll be waiting for the 'last day' of this world when Jesus returns to this earth and hands out His rewards to His Church.

nenagana

Oct 1, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Nguyen Van Lem's Lesson about the 144,000)

(God kills a number of people in the bible, that are not in sin nor have they done anything wrong, this is a rebuke for the unfaithful, because a flesh and blood body is of little value.................its a damnable heresy for satan to believe he has performed the mortal blow, or his actions have caused the death)

The...............Melchisedek (jesus), took 144,000 at the beginning of the judgment program, we can just call these angels, because god doesn't do imperfect works, but god has allowed judgment programs like the one humanity sees until its death................now when God is doing a salvation program...........yes God has to kill that uncleanness associated with this judgment program..........and when god leaves a body, and satan assumes that he has done that or achieved that its a snare.

(so the first 144,000 and the way of the Kings of the East, was at the beginning of the gospel's program.............and the last 144,000 are the saved, this is a parable)

(a jew or a minority, or some country or people have not succeeded in using euthanasia against me, nor have they succeeded in fustrating god's law..............when that happens you will see a considerable number of them die in mass............. i.imgur.com/UiogWZu.png ...............and that changes nothing with man's accusation of dead flesh with god, because god is not doing a finished work on that issue, satan is allowed to ride its natural course of suicide pleasure until its death, in resisting god)

(weather or not the cambodian genocide, was just a few million dead bodies, and because of that nobody cared, or if there was more behind that or not, this has a high likelyhood today of being repeated, so at least try to be faithful, people live and people die)

Last edited: