Unethical treatment of LGBTQ humans / Understanding LGBTQ - 101

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is such a thing as BELIEVERS and unbelievers . we aint just supposed to go find common ground with all .
just a friendly reminder to us all .
common ground is we are all sinners

but some sins are more destructive than other sins, especially to society.. and we need to call them out even more. and not enable them.

Reactions: MA2444

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
common ground is we are all sinners

but some sins are more destructive than other sins, especially to society.. and we need to call them out even more. and not enable them.
that is the thing . you see the only thing we could ever have in common with them would be the flesh .
WHY THE HECK Find common ground in that . rather we should preach JESUS CHRIST to them
and to remind the church peoples to do good and not to do evil . to heed the SPIRIT and not the flesh .
that has been my point . the only thing we could ever find in common with them is SIN .
but we sure dont want that now do we .

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not accept your presupposition, which assumes that Jesus' moral teaching is relative to the Jews alone.
What is written directly to the Jews, belongs to and is for the Jews. What is written directly to the Gentiles, belongs to and is for the Gentiles. What is written directly to the Church of God, belongs to and is for the Church of God. What does God mean when He tells us that the visions shown to Isaiah was concerning Judah and Jerusalem? It was not addressed to us or written concerning us, but it was addressed to and concerning Judah and Jerusalem. It would be dishonest for the Church of God to interpret to the Church of God what God said concerns Israel.

The present administration of God is in the time period of the New Testament known as Grace. It deals with the new covenant, and it belongs to the time that is called the administration of the mystery. It's a period in time that was not made known to any one prior to this administration because God kept it a secret since the world began. From this our Grace administration, we learn God’s secret purpose that He had placed in Himself, according to the administration of Grace, which was first revealed to the apostle Paul.

From the eighth chapter of the book of Romans, it's written to those who live in this present Grace administration, “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus” and “that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

From the sixth chapter of the book of Deuteronomy, it was written to those who lived under the Law administration, “it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the Lord our God, as he hath commanded us.” However, from the third chapter of the book of Romans, it's written to those who live in this present Grace administration, “by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight.” What was written to those who lived under the Law administration is the complete opposite of what is written to us who live under the Grace administration.

We will always be in darkness and confusion regarding the truth of God’s Word if we do not understand the different administrations in the Bible. All hope for our redemption is in Jesus Christ, who was born into this world, died, and in the resurrection, he became the head of a new creation. The living resurrected Christ Jesus has become the one great subject that occupies the Word of God that the church belongs to. It's this Christ Jesus that is the key to the divine revelation in the Word of God for this our Grace administration. The contents of the New Testament must be understood in reference to Christ Jesus our Lord because the doctrine and nature of God for this our Grace administration are centered in His Christ.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is the thing . you see the only thing we could ever have in common with them would be the flesh .
WHY THE HECK Find common ground in that . rather we should preach JESUS CHRIST to them
and to remind the church peoples to do good and not to do evil . to heed the SPIRIT and not the flesh .
that has been my point . the only thing we could ever find in common with them is SIN .
but we sure dont want that now do we .
But unless they know they are sinners. Like the pharisees, they will never find Christ.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In law school, we actually had a class in Retaliatory Flogging. Yep, Contracts, Torts and Retaliatory Flogging. Not only did I do well, but I then had 40 years of practice to hone my snarkiness.

I thought I'd just bask in the fruitage of your nuanced thought prowess for a while. You can take a little ribbing, I assume. ;)

:hearteyes:

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought I'd just bask in the fruitage of your nuanced thought prowess for a while. You can take a little ribbing, I assume. ;)

:hearteyes:
My side career, such as it was, was writing completely whacked-out humor - advertising copy, short stories and whatnot. I'd link to some of it, but then I'd have to reveal my true identity, which I know from experience is never a good idea in Internet World. Back in 1983, a writer for Saturday Night Live actually suggested I interview with them (I met him through his mother). The most fun I ever had was at the now-defunct, atheist-dominated, mostly UK-based Forum for Active and Critical Thinking Skills (FACTS - get it?). They were highly intelligent, utterly dismissive of any and all woo-woo, and snarky as hell. Some of them knew more about the Bible and Christian history than anyone here, including me. A guy named Cowboy X was unbelievable - sort of a hybrid of Richard Dawkins and William Lane Craig. I was something of a legend, or so I was told, because I was one believer who could keep up with the snarkiest of them.

What people always lose sight of is that O'Darby and everyone else is an internet persona. O'Darby (a name I adopted at another forum where I'd been banned so many times I'd run out of clever ideas) is not a fully-formed ME. He makes the points I want to make in the way I want to make them at a forum such as this. He's kind of a supercilious Zen master who whacks the unexpecting student with his stick and screams, "WAKE UP, GRASSHOPPER!" I truly don't take O'Darby or any of this completely seriously. If I did, I'd find it unbearably depressing. So I have a Guinness Stout or two and chuckle my way through being O'Darby for a spell.

Many people seem offended by this, as though it's somehow inauthentic. The internet is inauthentic. An internet forum is almost the height of inauthenticity. Ergo, I don't see that regarding O'Darby as my little version of performance art should bother anyone. He serves a purpose, I think. That's why I tell some of my antagonists that if they didn't exist I'd have to invent them. They serve their purpose, too.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
My Dad commented once that too many "Christians look like they were baptized in pickle brine." - LOL

If a "christian" is trying to "do Christianity" then they always have that countenance.

As that is how LEGALISM looks on the face of those who are "fallen from Grace".

Reactions: MA2444

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think @O'Darby likes beans too. Isn't this him?

1710944135000.jpeg
Those family pictures are supposed to be PRIVATE, pal. If my sister has been granting you access to the archives, we're going to have a SERIOUS conversation.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm glad I live west of PA.
I'll pray for those to the east. - LOL

Here, you'll need these.

View attachment 43506

/

Pshaw!

I get my Pinto Bean acumen from my east TN roots.

Water, beans, onions, salt, bowl, spoon—end of story.

(Not really; I cheated with a dash of cumin and some minced garlic. I'm considering defiling it with a pinch of cayenne.)

Bean cooking is quite an art, I've discovered. I soak and rinse a couple of times in copious amounts of salted, slightly warm water over a 16-hour period, then bring to a boil in fresh, very lightly salted water and simmer for about 1½ hour and salt to taste. It is a gourmet delight, if I do say so, myself.

:backtop: (to myself only)

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pshaw!

I get my Pinto Bean acumen from my east TN roots.

Water, beans, onions, salt, bowl, spoon—end of story.

(Not really; I cheated with a dash of cumin and some minced garlic. I'm considering defiling it with a pinch of cayenne.)

Bean cooking is quite an art, I've discovered. I soak and rinse a couple of times in copious amounts of salted, slightly warm water over a 16-hour period, then bring to a boil in fresh, very lightly salted water and simmer for about 1½ hour and salt to taste. It is a gourmet delight, if I do say so, myself.

:backtop: (to myself only)
You might add a dash of baking soda to cut down on the acid. (Makes it a little less gassy.)