Unethical treatment of LGBTQ humans / Understanding LGBTQ - 101

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The concept that people have various sexual orientations, i.e. genders
It's worse than that. The Adversary's pathway to world wide domination includes destroying our ability to discern, ultimately right from wrong. In this case, parsing synonyms. The claim from the alphabet people is that gender is different from sex.

Whereas sex is objective, gender, they say, is subjective. Worse, they assert this subjective determination ought to supercede objective reality.

I'm glad women are pushing back against insane men violating there safe spaces on claims of self-identification.
If you have a dick
you aint a chick

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe what?

That LGBTQ is not a sin?

70%? where do you get your data?
believe that GOD is okay with all religoins . in other words they do not have to believe on JESUS the CHRIST in order to be saved
That muslims and other religoins do serve God if they are so called loving their neighbor , love etc .
The dire need to believe ON JESUS CHRIST is being replaced with a sensual love idea .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you cite some scientific evidence for this claim?
Do I need to? Really? Do you ask for scientific proof that the sun comes up each day?

If God created human beings and is a rational being, it follows that his creation would be an expression of his rationality. The purpose of reproductive organs is reproduction, i.e., the propagation of the species. Sexual orientation is biologically determined to serve the same purpose. Since same-sex orientation does not serve the cause of reproduction, it follows that God would not design human beings with same-sex orientation.

Don't let scientism pull the wool over your eyes.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's worse than that. The Adversary's pathway to world wide domination includes destroying our ability to discern, ultimately right from wrong. In this case, parsing synonyms. The claim from the alphabet people is that gender is different from sex.

Whereas sex is objective, gender, they say, is subjective. Worse, they assert this subjective determination ought to supercede objective reality.

I'm glad women are pushing back against insane men violating there safe spaces on claims of self-identification.
If you have a dick
you aint a chick
Insightful, thanks. I would encourage all Christians to hang on tightly to what they know is real. It will get worse before the end.

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do I need to? Really? Do you ask for scientific proof that the sun comes up each day?

If God created human beings and is a rational being, it follows that his creation would be an expression of his rationality. The purpose of reproductive organs is reproduction, i.e., the propagation of the species. Sexual orientation is biologically determined to serve the same purpose. Since same-sex orientation does not serve the cause of reproduction, it follows that God would not design human beings with same-sex orientation.

Don't let scientism pull the wool over your eyes.
Another perspective, of course, is that human reproduction is "fallen" along with the rest of creation. Ergo, perverse sexual proclivities may simply be one more indicator of a fallen creation. There is no reason to suppose that at this point it is any more "rational" than the rest of creation.

That being said, my long observation is that there surely is at least a biological component to most genuine homosexuality. I'm talking about genuine homosexuals, not the fad "pretend" version that pervades the LGBTQ community. The science seems to bear this out - i.e., at least some genetic component.

It's too convenient to "blame" homosexuals for their orientation as though it were entirely within their control. We all have proclivities - not necessarily sexual - that can only be explained in terms of genetics. At least that's what I tell my wife when she wants to know why I need yet another set of new golf clubs.

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that's what I tell my wife when she wants to know why I need yet another set of new golf clubs.
LOL
I have a similar problem with guitars. My wife says:
"Why do you need so many guitars? You only have two hands."

/

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
believe that GOD is okay with all religoins . in other words they do not have to believe on JESUS the CHRIST in order to be saved
That muslims and other religoins do serve God if they are so called loving their neighbor , love etc .
The dire need to believe ON JESUS CHRIST is being replaced with a sensual love idea .
how many ways are their to heaven?

You really believe God is ok with all religions?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another perspective, of course, is that human reproduction is "fallen" along with the rest of creation. Ergo, perverse sexual proclivities may simply be one more indicator of a fallen creation. There is no reason to suppose that at this point it is any more "rational" than the rest of creation.

That being said, my long observation is that there surely is at least a biological component to most genuine homosexuality. I'm talking about genuine homosexuals, not the fad "pretend" version that pervades the LGBTQ community. The science seems to bear this out - i.e., at least some genetic component.
And it's not just humans.

Homosexual behavior in animals​

Various non-human animal species exhibit behavior that can be interpreted as homosexual or bisexual.[1] This may include same-sex sexual activity, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting among same-sex animal pairs.[2][3][4][5] Various forms of this are found in every major geographic region and every major animal group. The sexual behavior of non-human animals takes many different forms, even within the same species, though homosexual behavior is best known from social species.

Source
The article names about 35 different animals displaying this behavior.

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Various non-human animal species exhibit behavior that can be interpreted as homosexual or bisexual.[1] This may include same-sex sexual activity, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting among same-sex animal pairs.[2][3][4][5] Various forms of this are found in every major geographic region and every major animal group. The sexual behavior of non-human animals takes many different forms, even within the same species, though homosexual behavior is best known from social species.

Source

/
Do we declare that these animals are sinners? (link to full list below)

List of animals displaying homosexual behavior

/

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Source

/
The bible says homosexuality is an abomination to God.

So if you are saying it is ok to be this abominable person. You must not know God very well.

Reactions: MA2444

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unethical treatment of LGBTQ humans / Understanding LGBTQ - 101

Humans are naturally born, grow, learn, make choices, have experiences ….
And continue to make choices.

Humans are accountable and responsible for their own choices.

Humans have no requirement to tolerate, accept or agree or like another humans choices….Nor are those things to be confused with compassion.

God Created TWO genders and called them MALE and FEMALE.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: MA2444

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my long observation is that there surely is at least a biological component to most genuine homosexuality.
Hmmm. I've observed our society over-relying on genetics to explain everything. There is strong evidence, supressed though it may be, that rapists are also genetically pre-disposed. Some say the same with murder. Is this a rationalization to become lawless?

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm. I've observed our society over-relying on genetics to explain everything. There is strong evidence, supressed though it may be, that rapists are also genetically pre-disposed. Some say the same with murder. Is this a rationalization to become lawless?
No, I don't think it's a rationalization of anything. The fact is, many "sinful" proclivities do have a genetic component. This is not an excuse for not dealing with them. Give me the same genetics, childhood, culture and life circumstances as most homosexuals or murderers, and I'd probably duplicate their sins. "There but for the grace of God go I." Fortunately, I just waste way too much money on a delusional search for the Holy Grail of Golf, as did my father and brother.

My observation has simply been that most male homosexuals are somewhat effeminate and most female homosexuals are somewhat mannish. Poor @O'Darby is exceedingly thin, extremely fit, and really kind of a cutie - and I got so used to being propositioned by gays that it was no longer even a big deal. In a group of hairy-chested, testosterone-fueled Neanderthals, I was always clearly a genetic outlier.

Reactions: St. SteVen

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I don't think it's a rationalization of anything. The fact is, many "sinful" proclivities do have a genetic component. This is not an excuse for not dealing with them.
The fact that you put the problem in paranthesis tells the story. Why do you do that?

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore homosexual behavior is not a sin, right? (according to your logic)

Or... if only sinful for humans, why?

/

Because humans were created in the image of God. Because we have a conscience. Because we are rational responsible humans.

Responsible is a compound word. Response, and Able, So we have the abiity to choose the correct response. This is done through our heart.

The heart is a composition of all 3 aspects of the soul (Intellect/will/emotions) and adds to it the most important aspect of the spirit, the conscience.

This is why scripture tells us to guard our heat so diligently Because out of the heart flows the issues of life. And we all know how peer pressure works, right? So when a young man is approached by a homo as if it is normal or something...he is presented with a choice to make. In his heart he wants to be liked and accepted so many make the wrong choice.

And make no mistake about it, it is a choice. There is no such thing as Oh I was born gay, I got the gay gene. Those are excuses. So it behooves us all to teach our children to, when they get approached by a homosexual in a sexual way, that they should make a fist and punch the homo right in the nose. This will likely blacken both of his eyes and give him something to remind him that...you dont do that crap to chilldren.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful